[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='Galanthas']I picked up Ico yesterday at a closing KB near me for 12.49. It was the last copy and I didn't feel like waiting till Saturday to hopefully save a dollar or two and most likely it would have been gone anyway. I picked up Conker's Bad Fur Day today at the same KB for 10.59. I skipped that one when it first released, glad I have it now. :)

The didn't have many games left today and what was left was junk(to me).[/quote]

Shit, that wasn't in MA was it!?[/quote]

Northwest Indiana heh.

[quote name='rawtalent']Just got back from the Daly City, CA KB. They are doing the sale on Sat....I tried to reserve some games but the guy behind the counter refused - "I haven't even saved any for myself, yet." :p[/quote]

That's the one in Serramonte, right? Which sale is it?

Pineville, NC (Carolina Place Mall) - no sale at all

Rock Hill, SC (The Galleria Mall) - 20% sale, not the $10-20

I was stunned that the Galleria store wasn't going out of business or pulling their games. Thankfully I didn't allow my hopes to get too high on this deal.

Of the ones I've called so far, 2 or 3 know there's a sale tomorrow, but none of them actually know what the hell it is. Is this like some secret promotion?

It pretty much is a secret, Chris. The LIST IS BEING SENT TO CHEAPY AS WE SPEAK... STAY TUNED FOR IT!

I am going to the store tomorrow. My bet is that the sale is going to happen, but I am not going to fight through a crowd for these games. I will be there early and just hang around if there is a crowd. Maybe something will fall out of somones hands and end up at my feet or something.

By the way, these prices are nice, but most are just $10 off variety. So the deals are not killer. (Nice, but not deals you can get in a couple of months....) But maybe that is just me rationalizing...

oh well. Here's to tons of games.

simpson, Not many people know about this sale since it isn't advertised. So you have a very big chance of getting good games.

Can't wait for the full list!!!

I gotta get to that KB in Fond du Lac(WI) tomorrow. I doubt I'll be so lucky, but I hope I can find an XBox there for 1/2 price. They're probably pretty well cleared out by now though. I know the KB in Madison that I posted about earlier is

Damn, I called all the ones within 50 miles of me and they are all only having the 20% off deal. Meh, I'm still going to check tomorrow. BTW, I'm in Provo, Utah so any of you around me give me a heads up if you find anything.

[quote name='arcadia67']anyone know what the deal will be in the KB in NYC's Manhattan Mall???[/quote]
Yes, read the first post.

Also in the first post is the complete list, now online. :wink:
Thanks, Jt2k3!

[quote name='bradr']The Northern VA KB at Tyson's has been out of business for a while now. This "new" KB is some kind of toy outlet for KB where they're just trying to get rid of old toys. They're actually closing in Jan.
(only open for Christmas, I guess). So don't waste valuable time going to that one.

I also contacted the KB at Manassas (VA). They are doing the 20%. (If you're looking for older stuff, this store's good. I found Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance there just this last weekend).

Fair Oaks Mall (VA) -- still no idea (although the clerk told me he's heard rumors).

KB Toy Works at the "Corner" (7 Corners, VA) is going out of business so I'm assuming they have some kind of clearance going on.

For all the NoVA people, where in NoVA do you guys live? I'm in Alexandria.[/quote]

I'm in Arlington. I guess Pentagon City for me too :)

I want Dark Cloud 2 and Crazy Taxi 3 in addition to the other games I want from the first list.

Thanks alot jt2k3!! Can't wait to see what they have tommorow.

My store is on the 20% off list, but I'll check it out anyways. If not I'll go to the one in Montclair, since that one is the next closest to me.

pfunK: try reading those lists every day for the past week, and then price changing all of the games we had in stock if you wanna talk about squinting :D

Pardon my x's, checks, and B's.. Its secret Code ;)

X is no in stock (most of the ones with x's are tho)
Checks are fully stocked
B's are Binned (Bargain Bins)

Man JT, I could imagine!

So do you know how most stores are doing this? Dumping these games in a bin or keeping them behind the counter?

Well.. My store is one of the freak of nature KBs. We have a full room, almost the size of a small EB, that people can walk in, and choose their OWN COPIES of games, rather than the traditional KB method. Here is an excerpt from the mail pack, so you guys will know the deal in most stores:

"Merchandising:
Stores will need to group all the video software titles together by pricepoint behind the register area. Example: all 9.99 games for all platforms should be together, startng in the first 4ft section behind the counter, and continue with 14.99 and 19.99 games. Use as much space as needed. Use the remaining sections behins the counter to display the rest of your video software."

So, all of the pricepoints are grouped together, not a bad idea.

In my store, everything is still organzied by system, the crap games in the bins, the GOOD deals on the Best Buy like racks

Someone needs to give jt2k3 a prize or something :)

I'm not sure if my KB toys is doing this, but I'm going to check tomorrow, was planning on going to the Mall anyway. Now I just have to gather the will power to get up early tomorrow, my sleep-in day.

[quote name='Owen']Can you buy the games tonight and return them tomorrow for the sale price?[/quote]
whats the point of that...just trade them in at eb or gamestopn.

I am saying pay the regular price today to make sure I get the games I want and then tomorrow after the crowds die down, I just go get the price difference back.

Hells yeah! I'll be there bright and early!

Simpsonps, if you'll be at Arundel Mills, maybe I'll see you there (as its the only KB in our area with the sale, to my knowledge that is).

BTW, JT, are you the same guy from IGN (JaredT) who posted the deals? If so, I believe I asked you to pick me up some games, but that won't be necessary anymore. Thanks anyways, and once again, thanks for posting the lists!

Considering KBs close at 9... no sorry

And yes, I and Jaredt2003 are one in the same. Have fun with this deal guys. Maybe Cheapy can start a "What I got at KB thread"

I'm confused as to why another post was made on FW. I mean, the last thing you want is for all the lurkers and eBayers to go early in the morning and buy everything up.

The first post was done to make sure credit was given, but why make a completely new post? If you were concerned that someone would have posted the scans first, then it wouldn't have mattered because the mods would have deleted it as a repost due to the earlier post about the sale to begin with. Why not post the scans in the original thread and make it easier on everyone.

I just think that you will keep playing with FW until you start to get burned like everyone else does from the profiteers, and then your loyal members here will be none too happy.

My KB is having 20% off games right now... does that mean they probably will or will not have clearence tomorrow?

thanks

Wow there are so many damn posts in this thread. So heres another one.

A few people I talked to didnt even know my local KB was there! All the games just for me.

tmei, mine said 8am.

**CORRECTION**

The Wilkes Barre PA store told me they are doing the $9.99-$19.99 sale, not the 20% off sale.

bread's done
Back