[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

2 Southern California locations:

Glendale, California - Glendale Galleria - They will have the $9.99-$19.99 sale
Burbank, California - Media City Center - Call tomorrow

I've called the following locations in Northern VA and they had this to say:

KB Toys in Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City (Arlington, VA)
Definitely having the $9.99 and up sale. Sales clerk called it a Green Dot sale.

KB Toys @ Dulles Town Center (Dulles, VA)
This guy sounded like an overwhelmed store manager. He said they are having a "Green Dot" sale but wasn't sure when it starts because he "had to catch up..." and told me to "call tomorrow." I think this place is also having the good sale.

KB Toys @ Tysons Corner Center (McLean, VA)
Sales clerk told me that they don't sell Video Games. (What?!)

KB Toys @ Landmark Center (Alexandria, VA)
Currently having a Red Dot (25%) off sale throughout the store but the clerk had not heard about a video game sale this weekend.

I've called another three stores (Manassas, Pentagon Row @ Arlington, and Springfield Mall) but the line was busy.

Here is the KB Store locator for those of you interested in calling up some stores.
http://www3.kbkids.com/STATES/storfind8.htm?abc=

-DaPhatty

This is frustrating...I've called the two stores closest to me...both are having the 20 percent off sales...and I asked both if they were doing the other sale this weekend and neither of them knew what it was.

.....stupid Kansas KB stores.

Yo Cheapasses!

To any gamers living in or around the Des Moines, Iowa area:

Merle Hay Mall: 20 % off sale maybe clearance sale(clerk said he wouldn't know anything until tomorrow).

Valley West Mall: 20 % off sale (clerk didn't know anything about the clearance sale).

I'll keep calling and check out our KB's on Sat.

I hope this helps some people get some cheap ass games!!

Gr, some of the ones in Rochester NY dont have it...well, at least in Marketplace mall...does anybody know of any around here that do?

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Romeo, a lady at the Wilkes-Barre KB told me it didn't start until Saturday. They told you Friday? Did they say what was on sale? Was it just the deals on the list, or was it 20% off all games too?[/quote]

Hey Elwood. Viewmont mall and the WB mall said tomorrow, and Steamtown had no idea what I was talking about.

Nashville, TN:

Antioch (Hickory Hollow Mall) -- 20% off now, duh???? about Saturday.
Franklin (Cool Springs Galleria) -- $9.99/$19.99 Saturday Sale.
Goodlettsville (Rivergate Mall) -- 20% off, no knowledge of Saturday.
Nashville (Opry Mills Mall) -- No sale whatsoever, or clueless clerk (both?)
Nashville (100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet) -- 50% off everything in store, which ain't much. No PS2, GC, or Xbox stuff.

So, I guess I'll be heading down to Cool Springs on Saturday morning. Are there any other Nashville Cheapasses that I need to look out for?

Fairfax, Virginia.

The clerk at the Fair Lakes Mall KBToys had no idea what I was talking about. I'll try calling another one.

[quote name='daphatty']I've called the following locations in Northern VA and they had this to say:

Definitely having the $9.99 and up sale. Sales clerk called it a Green Dot sale.

This guy sounded like an overwhelmed store manager. He said they are having a "Green Dot" sale but wasn't sure when it starts because he "had to catch up..." and told me to "call tomorrow." I think this place is also having the good sale.

Currently having a Red Dot (25%) off sale throughout the store but the clerk had not heard about a video game sale this weekend.

I've called another three stores (Manassas, Pentagon Row @ Arlington, and Springfield Mall) but the line was busy.

Here is the KB Store locator for those of you interested in calling up some stores.

-DaPhatty[/quote]

Thank you for the info (I'm also in Northern VA). Here's some more:

Ballston Common (Arlington, VA ) - 20% off
Springfield Mall (Springfield, VA) - wouldn't say :x
Fair Oaks Mall (Fairfax, VA) - didn't have any information
:?

Hey guys, if a KB is going out of business are they running the 9.99-19.99 sale? The girl I spoke with didn't have an idea what I was talking about -.- She said there was indeed a sale but didn't know which.

I'll try calling again tomorrow but incase I can't get an answer I wanted to know if any of you knew.

San Francisco/Daly City area:

Serramonte Shopping Center: They told me there was a sale, but the person couldn't even tell me what the sale was (WTF!)

Stonestown: I was told that they were unaware of any video game sale going on (maybe that store isn't part of the sale?)

I called KBToys in Tukwila, WA at Southcenter Mall and they had the $9.99 and up for Xbox games only. WTH...

[quote name='NOISE']Thus, for fellow Orlando citizens...

Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall - 20% Sale (now)
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall - $9.99 - $19.99 Sale (Sat.)[/quote]

Hey NOISE, I just called the KB store at the Altamonte Mall and they said that they weren't having any kind of video game sale this weekend. Did you talk to a manager?

I was at KBToys in East Towne Mall in Madison, WI a few days agoa and they're going out of business too and have 25% off everything.

Flak Beard,

Talked to whoever picked up the phone. I'm guessing it was a regular employee. I called @ around 2pm. Which Altamonte location did you call? You know there are two Altamonte locations - one in the mall and other one is in "Altamonte Springs."

I called the one in the mall about an hour or so ago. The guy said he was the manager and that the only deal he knew of was the 20% discount going on right now. I'll probably stop by Saturday anyway.

[quote name='"elprincipe"'][quote name='"daphatty"']I've called the following locations in Northern VA and they had this to say:

-DaPhatty[/quote]

Thank you for the info (I'm also in Northern VA). Here's some more:

Ballston Common (Arlington, VA ) - 20% off
Springfield Mall (Springfield, VA) - wouldn't say :x
Fair Oaks Mall (Fairfax, VA) - didn't have any information
:?[/quote]

Cool. I wasnt able to get through to Springfield Mall. Personally, I'm headed to Pentagon first. :p

Went to the Jacksonville mall in Jacksonville, NC and as of now all they know of is the 20% sale on games...and this doesn't include any GBA games or accessories

Wow-this thread is growing fast :)

Could anyone do me a ~huge~ favor and check what's up with the KB in Charlottesville, VA (434-973-5259)? I'm out of a phone connection for the next two days (long story, ugh), and would prefer not to make the treck to C-ville unless the deal is actually going on... major props and thanks in advance!!

Yeah, thats what I said before.. They are gettin green price point stickers.. You guys are gettin excited arent u?

I have about 9 games on hold in the managers office :)

I'm so jealous of all of you that have KB stores that are having this sale. Why did I have to be the unlucky one who doesn't get the amazing sale?

hey jt2k3,

thanks a lot for the heads up on this, I'm letting all my internet-challenged friends know about it. I'm just curious, what is KB's hold policy for customers? I would like to put some games on hold just in case the stores in my area do turn out to be having the good sale.

Apparently no one has the full list of games?

That list for the GameCube was pretty sparse ("F-Zero GX" might be a good price, but what else is there?), and two GBA games?

Everyone's really excited, and I'm missing the fullness of it all. Okay, so far, the closest confirmation I've got is an hour and 13 minutes away, in ALTAMONTE SPRINGS (I live in Daytona Beach, and I called the *one* here, and the employee was clueless) -- and even Altamonte's sale seems a little wishy washy, one person getting one story from an employee and another getting another story from someone else on the phone.

I want to have fun this weekend too! ](*,)

~Dak

[quote name='webcamjenna']Is there a KB in Cali that is closing out?
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I posted this earlier...

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']2 Southern California locations:

Glendale, California - Glendale Galleria - They will have the $9.99-$19.99 sale
Burbank, California - Media City Center - Call tomorrow[/quote]

[quote name='fifthcore']oNeWiNgEdAnGeL do you know about any of the stores in the Valley? Like Northridge or Woodland Hills?[/quote]

I haven't called those areas. So no, I sadly don't know.

[quote name='Teremei']Me too. I ofcourse sell them. But this would be a good chance to keep a couple too.[/quote]

Great, so the gamers who want the games get screwed because you want to make a profit...

[quote name='GSJaia'][quote name='Teremei']Me too. I ofcourse sell them. But this would be a good chance to keep a couple too.[/quote]

Great, so the gamers who want the games get screwed because you want to make a profit...[/quote]

Exactly. Don't go hoarding games so you can make a few extra dollars. Let other cheap ass gamers enjoy these deals too. Besides, if you work overtime, you could probably make more money working one hour of OT than in the time it takes you to drive over, buy the games, then try to sell them on ebay or something. It's a question of how much your time's worth.

[quote name='Puff Is Hurr']Hey where can we find the full list CheapyD? Thanks...[/quote]

I don't have the full list of games, but the store list is constantly being updated on the first post of this thread.

Just a suggestion guys...

But instead of asking us if the "local" store in "your" area is having the sale, try calling the store yourselves. As CheapyD mentioned, he is adding stores to the first post on this thread as you guys post the information. So if you don't see "your" store on the first post, chances are no one has shared their findings in the subsequent posts...

Like I said, just a suggestion... #-o

UPDATE:

I'm getting the list at work tonight and scanning it in.

Hopefully, Cheapy will be around do he can post them for you guys. Be on around 10 to be the first to get the FULL, unedited list of about 500 games :D

[quote name='jt2k3']UPDATE:

I'm getting the list at work tonight and scanning it in.

Hopefully, Cheapy will be around do he can post them for you guys. Be on around 10 to be the first to get the FULL, unedited list of about 500 games :D[/quote]

I'll be here!
Thanks...I think we all can agree that jt2k3 is THE MAN! =D>

Thanks Cheapy, but we're all in this together :)

Here's a little tidbit to get you guys going:

GTA Collectors Edition: GTA1, London, 2 : $14.99

If you can find it:
Vagrant Story :eek: 9.99!! :eek:

ANyone see an ad today yet? I picked up the local paper and no luck. Any chance the stores I called yesterday would get the memo today and know about it this evening? Are they "allowed" to talk about it yet?

Its unadvertised bro, sorry. The ad in yesterdays paper sucked.. big time. NOthing about the sale.

Anyone know if any in pittsburgh pennsylvania have this deal and all the games that are included.

Man my mom is not going to buy all the games i want.

Does anyone in NYC know if any KB is having this sale? I've tried the one on central ave. in Yonkers but no luck. The employee I talked to also seemed sure that they were clearing out their video game inventory.

Dok: Your best bet is to call tonight. If the person sounds clueless, they are a temp and therefore scum ;). Either ask for a manager or someone that deals with the videogames, and you should get the real answer.

JK to all u temps out there :D ;)

Magus83 been trying to find out the situation in NYC but I haven't receive a straight answer. One store said it Starts Sunday. Another thought I was stupid another had temps working so they didn't know. I'm still fishing for a straight answer.

bread's done
Back