[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

I picked up
GBA Zela Orcale of Ages 9.99
XBOX OTOGI 14.99
PS2 Arc Lad 14.99
PS2 Amplitude 9.99
PS2 Clock Tower 3 9.99

and Original not GH version of Vagrant Story for 9.99

Sweet

They were still marking games down at my KB , it was a ZOO

Dustin

fifthcore, what games are you looking for? I was at the Sunland KB last night and they did not have too much from the list but they are doing the clearance sale.

Was first in line at the Tukwilla, WA store out of three (all of them saw the list on CheapAssGamer.com :lol: Picked up Dino Crisis 3, Alter Echo, Panzer, F-zero gx, D&D Heroes, and two Boktai's for $108.oo (thanks so much for the post and for the site) MMMMM, videogames. A note that this and the Walla Walla store were supposedly the only two in WA, doing the 9.99 to 19.99 sale. When I left they still have quite a stock especially PS2.

Went to the Kay Bee in Montclair, CA and as reported they're having the $9.99-$19.99 sale although their selection of games mostly sucked. I went in there mainly for F-Zero GC and no luck but I did pick up ESPN Football for $19.99, WSB 2K3 for $9.99 and Indy XBox for $14.99 As far as stock no HOD GBA, no more WSB XBox and only one more of the Xbox versions of ESPN Football and Indy. Glad I went early as they didn't really have much. This was at 8:00 this morning.

The KB in Arundel Mills didn't have much when I arrived. They had games, but it was only a couple of copies of each.

I picked up:

Boktai
Chaos Legion
Otogi
Lord of the Rings: TTT
Panzer Dragoon Orta

Total: $73.45 including tax.

On a side note, they didn't have Midnight Club 2, F-Zero GX, PN 03, or Brute Force like I was hoping for. The guy said that at opening they had a guy come and buy $400 worth of games.

No one buys that much without the intent of resale. Damnit, I hate people like that.

I was lucky enough to have 2 participating stores in the area, at Freehold, NJ I got
Boktai $10
Amplitude $10
Dark Cloud 2 $15

and at Morganville, NJ found Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits for $15. Thanks jt and Cheapy for these amazing deals :D

Owen I am looking for these, did you seen any of them there?

Boktai, Otogi, Panzer Dragoon Orta, F-Zero GX , PN 03, Brute Force, Dark Cloud 2

And many others

I went to all three K.B. Toys shops in my area. One was only doing 20% off regular price. One had no inventory for anything I wanted, and the final one had Panzer Dragoon Orta but nothing else I wanted, unfortunately. Still, PDO was what I really wanted anyway, and I finally got it for $10. Suck on it, Best Buy!

SoCal: I went into the Santa Monica, CA store right at 8 this morning, and they are doing the $10-$20 sale, but didn't have the greatest selection.

Here's what I wanted:
Shadow of Destiny
Okage
Shinobi
Rygar
Clock Tower 3
Xenosaga
Amplitude
Arc the Lad
Dark Cloud 2
Silent Hill 3
Contra
F-Zero
Splinter Cell (GC)
Boktai

...all they had were Shadow of Destiny (which is odd--that game seems to be uncommon), Clock Tower 3, and Silent Hill 3.

Anyway, thanks so much JT2k3 and Ch. D.

The KB Toyworks at Cook's Corner in Brunswick, ME is doing the 9.99-19.99 deal. I picked up Dark Cloud 2, Silent Hill 3, Amplitude, and Boktai for 57.71. Gamecube seemed to the be the one with the most titles, including Metroid Prime, PN03, and the new Wrestlemania (no F-Zero, though).

Me and my girlfriend both woke up at 6am to head down to the KBToys in Northshore Mall, MA. We got there at around 7:30am, 30 minutes before the store opened, with NOBODY else waiting. When they opened at 8, we were still the only ones there, and basically got to take our time picking games. We ended up with:

Xenosaga: $10
Clocktower3: $10
Amplitude: $10
Panzer Dragoon Orta: $10
Brute Force: $10
Otogi: $15
Boktai (LAST COPY): $10

They didn't have Ico, Contra, or Parapa. Interestingly, they DID have a copy of Ring of Red for 20 bucks, but i didn't really want it (especially after spending $70 already on stuff for me). Someone said it was rare, but it was only going for llike 12 bucks on ebay.

MUCH PROPS TO JT! Had a great day!

The Sunland store had Otogi, PN 03, and Brute Force from your list when I left. I got Moto Gp 2 XB $20, Pride Fighting PS2 $10 and the last copy of Boktai $10. I called every store in the area looking for Amplitude PS2 and no stores had any sealed copies in stock at $10. So if anyone finds a copy and is looking to trade maybe for one of the Circuit City $10 Clearance games, PM me.

Would anyone be able to pick me up a copy of Otogi, Xenosaga, + Mark of Kri? It would be greatly appreciated as my store was out of stock on those titles. I can pay via paypal. My email is [email protected] or you can AIM me at flashburn2012 .

Thanks

Checking in... Wayne, NJ Willowbrook Mall KB, and West Paterson, NJ KB in the Pathmark/Kohl's strip mall are participating. Grabbed 5 Xbox games, FZero, and Boktai for $105. Wow, thanks CAG and jt2k3....

dave

I just wiped out the Lancaster store. Bought all the good PS2/Cube games I could carry. I LOVE sales!

Unfortunately, they didn't have Dark Cloud 2. That's the game that I REALLY wanted to get. (shrug) Oh well.

So would anybody be able to pick up some games for me? If you can get me F-Zero GX and Boktai, I'd gladly pay for them + shipping. Please let me know. (I'm also looking for World Series Baseball 2k3 (Xbox version), Ico, and Xenosaga, though F-Zero and Boktai are the ones I want the most). I just called my KB again and they aren't doing the sale (they didn't know what I was talking about but they told me Boktai was $30 so...)

Would have loved to have picked up a few things like F-Zero GX, Wario World, Dark Cloud 2, and Dino Crisis 3, but sadly there are no participating stores in my area. :(

More Chicago suburban stores with the 9.99-19.99 deal:

Oak Brook Center
Yorktown Center

Was only looking for Gamecube stuff, both stores have plenty of F-Zero & every other GCN sale titles. Only Oak Brook location had about 4 copies of PN03 left (as of about 45 min ago).

Just got back from the Brooklyn, NY store with: Otogi, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dark Cloud 2 and Boktai. I was really looking for Amplitude, but they didn't have it. The games weren't even marked down yet, so they had to mark them down while I was there. I might check the store in the mall later tonight.

Got to the Manhattan Mall KB at 8am - saw a couple of other guys there with printouts. Got the last copy of Otogi and WSB2k3, picked up Silent Hill 3, Clock Tower 3, Xenosaga and Wave Race,. Bling bling!

There were no copies of Arc the Lad, Drarkan, NBA Street 2... Thanks cheapassgamer!

I'm curious to why so many people are picking up PN 03-- the game's not that great, in my opinion. Also, I don't think Wario World was on the list, as somebody mentioned.

[quote name='maseresurrection']Also, I don't think Wario World was on the list, as somebody mentioned.[/quote]

It was originally in the plain text the other day IIRC, but it's not on the scanned list.

Just back from the Pentagon City (Arlington, VA) store. Not many people looking and a big table full of clearanced games, but there wasn't the widest variety. I got...

F-Zero GX
Disney PK Donald Duck
Bomberman Generation (extra 10% off because it wasn't in the plastic :))
Boktai

I wanted to get Summoner for GC but it rang up as 19.99 and not 14.99 and I had seen it cheaper than 19.99. There was at least one more Boktai there that I saw.

Thanks for JT and Cheapy for blowing the lid off this deal!

i checked out 3 North NJ stores today. All were participating in the 9-19 sale...

Bergen Mall (stock was almost gone)
Rt 17 (Next to Kmart, store was empty and they had tons of games on the list)
Mahwah (Interstate Plaza)

I picked up dynasty warriors 4, dark cloud 2 and f-zero, but all three stores had botaki, panzer dragon and otagi in stock as of noon, for anyone whos looking.

thanks for the tips!

The Harlem and Irving Plaza KB just outside of Chicago has the Green Dot sale. I picked up ToeJam and Earl 3 and Otogi. They didn't have the sale prices in their computer and tried to charge me $60 but they had a guy putting green stickers on their display cases, called him over, checked the list and I got them for the sale price. Thanks to me they're now aware that the sale prices aren't in their register system.

Two places in GA that are doing the 9.99-19.99 sale:

Gwinnett Place Mall- Duluth, GA
Stonecrest Mall- Lithonia, GA

I know because I nearly cleaned house at both... got the LAST copies of Dark Cloud 2, Silent Hill 3, and Arc the Lad.

Here's a list of malls in the San Diego are that are participating:

-Horton Plaza
-University Towne Centre (UTC)
-Fashion Valley
-Chula Vista Mall
-Parkway Plaza

These malls are NOT PARTICIPATING:

-Mission Valley
-North County Fair
-Grossmont Center

[It was originally in the plain text the other day IIRC, but it's not on the scanned list.[/quote]

I assume it's not part of the sale, then...too bad, I wanted WW

[quote name='Saint Cornelius']Here's a list of malls in the San Diego are that are participating:

-Horton Plaza
-University Towne Centre (UTC)
-Fashion Valley
-Chula Vista Mall
-Parkway Plaza
Plaza Bonita also
These malls are NOT PARTICIPATING:

-Mission Valley
-North County Fair
-Grossmont Center[/quote]

i bought: Arc the Lad, Mark of Kri, Rising Zan, and Boktai [i dont even have gba lol] for $48.44...i tried to get grandia 2, but for some reason it was still ringing up at $40..i think the employee was new or something...they didnt have amplitude, aggressive inline, or ico..oh well..but its kinda of a good thing cause i probably wouldnt have time to play all of them..but man $10 deals are just to good to pass up you knoe..

Ergg ... no more brick and mortar specials for me, at least not until the new year passes. The malls are a MESS with holiday shoppers, the line at KB was out the door, and nothing was explicitly marked down. There were stacks of games I kinda/sorta wanted, like Otogi and Midtown Madness 3, but I couldn't get in to ask what the real price was.

[quote name='maseresurrection']I'm curious to why so many people are picking up PN 03-- the game's not that great, in my opinion. Also, I don't think Wario World was on the list, as somebody mentioned.[/quote]

PN03 rocks.

I called my store in Burnsville, Minnesota and I asked if they were to "stop selling videogames soon" and he said yes. Is it safe to assume they're going the $10/$20 deal?

[quote name='Stunna-88']The KB in Arundel Mills didn't have much when I arrived. They had games, but it was only a couple of copies of each.

I picked up:

Boktai
Chaos Legion
Otogi
Lord of the Rings: TTT
Panzer Dragoon Orta

Total: $73.45 including tax.

On a side note, they didn't have Midnight Club 2, F-Zero GX, PN 03, or Brute Force like I was hoping for. The guy said that at opening they had a guy come and buy $400 worth of games.

No one buys that much without the intent of resale. Damnit, I hate people like that.[/quote]

Heh. I was the first person in line and the guy you are talking about was right behind me. IIRC he was mostly interested in Xbox stuff. He was actually a pretty nice guy. He also heard about the deal from this site. I picked up:

Silent Hill 3
Mark of Kri
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Splinter Cell (GCN)
Agressive Inline (GCN)
Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb (PS2)
Boktai

Damn, I totally forgot about Chaos Legion (it was one of the ones I wanted). There's no way I'm going back there now though. I think I made out ok though. All together it was $120.

I just got back from the Fashion Center @ Pentagon City KB Toys and picked up Xenosaga PS2 for $10 and Burnout 2 PS2 for $20. It was kinda hard to tell what they still had in stock because they basically had a table with the display boxes just sitting there. Some still had the old prices but I grabbed them anyway and had the clerk do a price check. I would have grabbed F-Zero GX and WaveRace but all they had left was the open box which I wasn't interested in.

Oh, one more thing. Their selection of Xbox games was outstanding (@ ~ 2pm) so if you own an Xbox, get your butt down there.

I just got back from the Fashion Center @ Pentagon City KB Toys and picked up Xenosaga PS2 for $10 and Burnout 2 PS2 for $20. It was kinda hard to tell what they still had in stock because they basically had a table with the display boxes just sitting there. Some still had the old prices but I grabbed them anyway and had the clerk do a price check. I would have grabbed F-Zero GX and WaveRace but all they had left was the open box which I wasn't interested in.

Oh, one more thing. Their selection of Xbox games was outstanding (@ ~ 2pm) so if you own an Xbox, get your butt down there.

Went to the Brookline & Cambridge, MA stores today. Both stores had the 9.99 - 19.99 sale, and a fair selection, although I suspect the Cambridge one will dwindle fast (mall/store was packed). I snagged the last Panzer Dragoon at Brookline (still left in Cambridge) and MGS2: Substance (xbox) for 9.99 apiece. I wanted Ico or NBA Street 2 (xbox), but saw neither.

BTW, the Cambridge store had signs up talking about the sale, but none of the game boxes are actually marked down. I guess you're supposed to guess or go ask at the counter.

[quote name='mdm']I called my store in Burnsville, Minnesota and I asked if they were to "stop selling videogames soon" and he said yes. Is it safe to assume they're going the $10/$20 deal?[/quote]

Nope. They're only doing the 20%.

Just got back from KB Toys. I went to the Glendale Galleria, and there selection was horrible, and the line was long, so I didn't pick up anything. So my mom and I decided to head on over to the Media City Center KB Toys, and there selection was decent.

I picked up:

Arc The Lad: Twilight Of The Spirirts - $14.99
Dark Cloud 2 - $14.99
Otogi: Myth Of Demons - $14.99

I was going to pick up Brtue Force for $9.99, but my mom got into argument with the so called manager, so I decided not to bother mentioning the game. I did later on to my mom, and she was pissed I didn't pick it up. I would of probably not picked up Otogi: Myth of Demons and gotten Brute Force instead.

The Paseo Mall in Pasadena has the 9.99-19.99 sale. Forgot to check what they had, since I was only interested in Splinter Cell for GC. Got the last copy from there.

Just got back from Landmark Mall VA KBtoys and they had the big mark down going on. Picked up:

F-Zero for $20
Silent Hill 3 for $20

I would like to thank the OP for this great deal!

Can some one help me out and pick up a few games for me. I can pay throughy paypal. Thank you. I also have aim messenger PublicEnemy406

The Glendale Galleria one didn't mark down many of the games and the selections were crappy. The Eagle Rock store was still marking down the games and in fact, I saw the official price list (same one as jt2k3 provided) on the floor with bunch of $14.99 stickers.
I asked the clerk about the Splinter Cell game (marked at $29.99) and she told me it was $14.99. I went to pay and then saw Arc the Lad, empty box (it wasn't on the shelves). I asked the clerk if there were any more copies and she looked. It was a terrible messy there. Games were all lying on the floor. There were people still waiting for their games too. They only had the display Splinter Cell (gave me the disc & manual with the display box). But I got a new copy of Arc the Lad. I also asked for Dark Cloud 2 but no luck. I saw the empty boxes on the floor but the clerk said they couldn't find the game for a while. I saw at least two hundred games all scattered on the floor (behind the counter on shelves and floor) and these people can't even tell one game from another. Whats even worst is that they give up easily and then give you the display one (if available).

Just got back from the Fairgrounds Mall KB in Reading, Pa. They had a ton of the games from the sale. I picked up Boktai and Panzer Dragoon Orta for $10 a piece and also Dark Cloud 2 and Otogi for $15 a piece, awesome deal. My only complaint was they didn't have Amplitude, but I think I'm gonna head to the other KB by me and see if I can find it there.

bread's done
Back