Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credit + Thanx goes to PrinnyOtaku

icon10.gif
Coupons do stack with sale prices
icon8.gif
Coupons do not stack with price matches, package deals (buy 2, get 1, etc) or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

BESTBUY.COM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electronics/Video-Games/abcat0700000.c?id=abcat0700000

:ps3: $10 off Resistance 3 $50 after coupon
:ps3::360: $10 off Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY $10 after coupon
:ps3::360: $15 off Mortal Kombat $45 after coupon
:ps3::360::pc: $15 off Lord of the Rings: War in the North $45/$35 after coupon
:ps3::360: $20 off Rocksmith Game or Bundle $60/$180 after coupon
:ps3::360: $10 off Sonic Generations $40 after coupon
:ps3::360::wii: $10 off Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 w/ Gun OR Cabela's Survival Adventures w/ Gun $60/$40 after coupon
$30 off Turtle Beach Modern Warfare 3 Delta Headset $270 after coupon

MAGAZINE DETAILS

SUBSCRIBING (In-Store vs online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the sub receipt from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail.

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used & + 10% extra trade-in)
Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

***YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "UNLOCKED" TO USE THE COUPONS & IT'S NOT TIED TO YOUR RZ ACCOUNT JUST USE THE COUPON***

Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Another reason to be "unlocked" as opposed to just buying single mag EXCLUSIVE COUPONS
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307422

For those who may not think the $15 is worth it here's the previous months mags since coupons started stacking judge for yourself:
June/July issue
August issue
September Issue
October issue
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304619

For Batman AA GOTY store stock issues; PS3 SKU-9927337 X360 SKU-9927328
If your a RZ silver member be sure to utilize the BB personal shopper feature, have them track down a copy for you w/free shipping & then return/rebuy using the coupon.
Personal shopper service online or on the phone at 1-866-923-6190 or [email protected]
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/

For those having issues in-store getting reps to abide by the new policy - link
This is the EXACT TEXT from the 6/1 memo that was sent to me;

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

For any issues that occur with the system not being updated to accept the coupons or technical problems - link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='siradam134']The coupon gets removed from the magazine.[/QUOTE]

Really? Tough.. didn't know that. Oh well you could always ask the cashier nicely.

^ymmv on coupon removal. the girl that helped me out just scanned the coupon when i pointed to the barcode..i then closed the mag and asked how her day was going. not once did she ask for the coupon.

[quote name='MadThad0890']ok just got back from best buy. It dos work in store. It all came to $42. Thank OP[/QUOTE]

I hope you mean $32.

[quote name='MadThad0890']ok just got back from best buy. It dos work in store. It all came to $42. Thank OP[/QUOTE]

^ did you forget to use the coupon or something?

also, i'd like to add that this is by far my favorite game purchase this year.

Yea it's all up to what BB employee you get whether they make you remove the coupon. Like I said in the other thread, I still haven't got my mag yet in the mail for this month even though the website said I should have. I went in today, took a mag that was out in plain sight, brought it up with me to the register with Sonic and had them scan sonic and the coupon. They didn't take the coupon and I put the mag back before I left. Didn't even have to pay for the mag because it's not like they ask, hey is that your magazine or ours? And I sure as hell wasn't getting screwed out of this deal because @gamer sucks with subs.

[quote name='TheFirst109']Yea it's all up to what BB employee you get whether they make you remove the coupon. Like I said in the other thread, I still haven't got my mag yet in the mail for this month even though the website said I should have. I went in today, took a mag that was out in plain sight, brought it up with me to the register with Sonic and had them scan sonic and the coupon. They didn't take the coupon and I put the mag back before I left. Didn't even have to pay for the mag because it's not like they ask, hey is that your magazine or ours? And I sure as hell wasn't getting screwed out of this deal because @gamer sucks with subs.[/QUOTE]

Would they say anything if I tried that and didn't have a sub? lol I planned on getting the mag next week or the one after but if it means not having to pay the 5$ for them to scan 1 coupon I'd happily try it. I just don't like confrontation so I don't want them to say anything and accuse me of basically stealing (hey, I'll put it back when I'm done..)

Went to the most coupon friendly BB in my normal day's radius (Sherman Oaks) and had absolutely no problems. The only scary thing is it rings up at $49.99; she scanned my RZ card and coupon and it magically descended to $29.99 with no issues. (She didn't even seem to be paying attention; one second the total was $54ish, the next it was $32ish ;) )

Got the 360 version which seems to be considered the best; glad I cancelled my Amazon PS3 preorder (it was the only version offered at $37.50 when I got in on it).

Nice to see @Gamer paying for itself lately, too. (and I am SHOCKED I actually got the mag in the mail on time this month, it came in 2-3 days ago!) Thanks to everyone who lit the fire under BB to make sure it worked for us!

[quote name='IronZombie']Would they say anything if I tried that and didn't have a sub? lol I planned on getting the mag next week or the one after but if it means not having to pay the 5$ for them to scan 1 coupon I'd happily try it. I just don't like confrontation so I don't want them to say anything and accuse me of basically stealing (hey, I'll put it back when I'm done..)[/QUOTE]

yeah I'm not sure....if they said anything to me i was prepared to show them that i was gamer unlocked and that i hadnt gotten my mag yet, and if they still had an issue with it i would have bought the mag then for 5 since i want the 20 coupon for rocksmith anyway.

Hoping I can pull the same thing if my mag hasn't come by Sunday. Looking to get Rocksmith for an xmas present.

I see a lot of people mentioning Rocksmith, I'm curious about trying it out but think I want to wait to see if there's a sale... or is there a sale planned that I don't know about for next week?

The employee had to get one from the back also because all the shelf copies were gone. Everything went fine though. $32 for Sonic. Thanks guys!

Now it's a shame all these other coupons go to waste.

[quote name='TheFirst109']Yea it's all up to what BB employee you get whether they make you remove the coupon. Like I said in the other thread, I still haven't got my mag yet in the mail for this month even though the website said I should have. I went in today, took a mag that was out in plain sight, brought it up with me to the register with Sonic and had them scan sonic and the coupon. They didn't take the coupon and I put the mag back before I left. Didn't even have to pay for the mag because it's not like they ask, hey is that your magazine or ours? And I sure as hell wasn't getting screwed out of this deal because @gamer sucks with subs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IronZombie']Would they say anything if I tried that and didn't have a sub? lol I planned on getting the mag next week or the one after but if it means not having to pay the 5$ for them to scan 1 coupon I'd happily try it. I just don't like confrontation so I don't want them to say anything and accuse me of basically stealing (hey, I'll put it back when I'm done..)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had one employee who did. I grabbed a game and a mag and walked to the customer service desk. I asked the employee to scan the coupon and then the game to verify the coupon would stack with the sale (this was back when GOW Origins was on sale 24.99 with a $10 off @gamer coupon). She did not even bother trying to scan the coupon first before she started ripping it out of the mag. The mag was a store copy because I still have not received a single @gamer mag from my sub yet. Before she completely tears out the whole page to get to the one coupon, she asks "is this your mag" to which I said "no it is a store copy". She then goes to ringing the mag up to sell it to me at which point I ask why. I tried to explain that I did not want to buy another mag since I paid $15 for the sub, she then went into a tirade with attitude that "we cannot sell this magazine now because the coupons are torn out". I then say oh well as I walk out the store. She did not even try to scan it before tearing it out.

I guess I could have handled it a bit better but I did not care at that point. Her attitude just set me off so I had to walk away.

[quote name='dobedobedo']The employee had to get one from the back also because all the shelf copies were gone. Everything went fine though. $32 for Sonic. Thanks guys!

Now it's a shame all these other coupons go to waste.[/QUOTE]only for us CAG's I'm sure there's plenty of people who paid & will pay $60 for several of these games & would love to take $10-$15 off them instead but their just not good shoppers.

I laugh at the moms in GS when they have their 1st $60 MSRP sticker shock
"is this really the price"
"for a game...really"
"this is all they get for $60"
but then I wonder how they are at the mall when shopping for shoes/boots/purses that cost more than a damn PS3/X360 LOL my girl included, she even fusses when I get the damn $20-$30 back in a price match.

[quote name='Enuf']only for us CAG's I'm sure there's plenty of people who paid & will pay $60 for several of these games & would love to take $10-$15 off them instead but their just not good shoppers.

I laugh at the moms in GS when have their 1st $60 MSRP sticker shock
"is this really the price"
"for a game...really"
"this is all they get for $60"
but then I wonder how they are at the mall when shopping for shoes/boots/purses that cost more than a damn PS3/X360 LOL my girl included, she even fusses when I get the damn $20-$30 back in a price match.[/QUOTE]

I used to put down 10$ a week on gamestop preorders paying full msrp in cash :( Thankfully cheap made me a Mich more savy game shopper lol. My friends always ask me "hey how do you get all this credit and where do you get these great deals from ?".

I don't know if this has been posted and I don't really care to read rest of thread but Arkham Aslyum is on sale today for $20. With coupon it it costs $9.99. I used $10 reward zone certificates on top of that so i had to buy a drink to use the rz certs. But, I only paid

[quote name='el swordo']I don't know if this has been posted and I don't really care to read rest of thread but Arkham Aslyum is on sale today for $20. With coupon it it costs $9.99. I used $10 reward zone certificates on top of that so i had to buy a drink to use the rz certs. But, I only paid

[quote name='el swordo']I don't know if this has been posted and I don't really care to read rest of thread but Arkham Aslyum is on sale today for $20. With coupon it it costs $9.99. I used $10 reward zone certificates on top of that so i had to buy a drink to use the rz certs. But, I only paid

My Best Buy only had the October issue all over the shelves and the disinterested employees couldn't find any trace of the November issue so they lost a Sonic Generations sale from me.

Waste of time and gas.

[quote name='strait edge follower']19.99 is the msrp at bestbuy for batman AA[/QUOTE]
the day i got the magazine in the mail it was listed as $29.99. They must have just dropped msrp in last couple days. My local bestbuy couldn't find it in the store even though it was listed as in stock. I had to go to another bestbuy on my way home and got lucky to find it.

[quote name='dobedobedo']The employee had to get one from the back also because all the shelf copies were gone. Everything went fine though. $32 for Sonic. Thanks guys!

Now it's a shame all these other coupons go to waste.[/QUOTE]

which store did you go to? I'm planning to head out just to pick up Sonic and want to make sure not to waste my time

Got Sonic Generations for $30 with no problem. Wish I was lucky like some of you and my cashier didn't take the coupon out.

Got my copy of Sonic today no problem. I told them I hadn't received my November mag yet and the worker said he hadn't either so he just grabbed a magazine and scanned the coupon for me. $32.xx out the door no problems.

I too still haven't gotten my @gamer mag and I signed up the day unlocked started way back in September. But I explained my situation to the employee at the BB in Bellevue, WA, which I frequent a lot. And the employee called his manager over and rung me up for Batman AA with one of the store mags, didn't tear out the coupon. They gave me this month's issue, and the manager even went to the storage room and got me the previous two month's issues too.

So it's definitely YMMV, but if you explain your situation and get good manager/employee there shouldn't be any problems with using the store magazine coupons. Also the manager mentioned that the coupons are all the same, with the same bar code for each coupon.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I was at BB last week and did happen to see they had Arkham Asylum copies on the shelf. The other day I went in there to use the coupon to get a copy for 9.99, but they didn't have any copies for 360 or PS3....not even the white price cards on the shelf, either. I suspect they pulled the copies and the tags to be shady.[/QUOTE]did you use the customer kiosk to confirm the stock?

[quote name='exaznkid']those @gamer things need to get shipped out pronto, can't believe i'm gonna miss out on such a sick deal today[/QUOTE]
the store i went too didn't even have the magazines yet

[quote name='exaznkid']those @gamer things need to get shipped out pronto, can't believe i'm gonna miss out on such a sick deal today[/QUOTE]I think it's time(pass due) for the stores to offer a coupon scan option for people just by us showing our RZ unlocked status since they're not on point with their stuff. guess it's time to make a link...
linked here post away
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...ring-gamer-mag-coupon-issues/m-p/359176#M2876

Question for the people who got Sonic Generations for $30... What was the SKU number for the coupon that takes $10 off? It should be on the receipt.

[quote name='dkn29']question for the people who got sonic generations for $30... What was the sku number for the coupon that takes $10 off? It should be on the receipt.[/quote]3726885

[quote name='Enuf']37226885[/QUOTE]

I hate to be a bother, but in-store SKUs can't be more than 7 digits...online only SKUs are usually 8 digits long however. Do you mind double checking that number, thanks.

[quote name='dkn29']i hate to be a bother, but in-store skus can't be more than 7 digits...online only skus are usually 8 digits long however. Do you mind double checking that number, thanks.[/quote]

[quote name='Enuf']I think it's time(pass due) for the stores to offer a coupon scan option for people just by us showing our RZ unlocked status since they're not on point with their stuff. guess it's time to make a link[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I probably would have picked up Sonic generations today, but I still havent received a single magazine yet and I signed up in the beggining of September. I ended up buying the september issue to get driver/hunted since they refused to give me a copy in store when I signed up. (Yes i know you are supposed to receive it, but I have had tons of issues with my store, so for $5 i just sucked it up). However, last month the gaming supervisor allowed me to scan the store copy to pick up Ico/shadow when it was on sale. If i knew I would definitely get it for $30 without any hassle, I prolly would pick it up, but it's not worth the potential hassle and/or speding the extra $5 for the magazine as i prolly won't even play this in the next 1-2 months anyways, and it will likely be on sale for the same/cheaper later on.

Can confirm that Sonic Generations is ringing up $40 in-store at my local BB in KY! However, they didn't have the newest Gamer Magazine, so I couldn't get the $10 off :( Still $40 is a good price I think for what I enjoyed from the demo!

Game plays and feels like the Genesis/Dreamcast Sonic games!

I guess this is the start of people just telling the employees the SKU to enter to get the discount? Rofl.

Forget about the coupons. What fine print on the back? Nah, just type in that SKU I gave you 3 times and don't ask any questions. All good.

Best buy in westbury didn't have the current issue but i bought the subscription for $15 then sonic for $40. The gaming employee AND the manager told me that once you/they get the newest issue you can go to customer service and show them the coupon and the receipt that you purchased sonic on and they will then refund you $10 without having to return it. i have no proof that this is true but this is what i was told by the employee/manager. ill be going back next saturday to pickup skyrim/cod, get the $10. so if anyone wants to know my results ill let you know.

In the end its still $30, you just have to wait if you dont have the mag yet.

That doesn't sound like official policy, but something the stores should definitely be doing. Doesn't hurt to ask your local store in any case. Try the above or just give them the SKU and see what they're okay with.

Went to TRU and used $20 of gift cards for Golden Eye 360, then bought Sonic on the 360 for $32.00 and War in the North for the 360, for $45.00 plus the Troll figurine/statue. Not sure what I'm doing with the statue, but it looks pretty cool.

Alright I dont know if this is known yet, but if you buy COD: MW3 at BB you will get a 12m XBL for $34.99. Also, the guide is 50% off when you buy the game too

[quote name='metalrn09']Went to TRU and used $20 of gift cards for Golden Eye 360, then bought Sonic on the 360 for $32.00 and War in the North for the 360, for $45.00 plus the Troll figurine/statue. Not sure what I'm doing with the statue, but it looks pretty cool.
[/QUOTE]
If I didn't receive a $20 credit from Amazon I would've likely cancelled my PO of LOTR there and got it at BB for the troll statue, since that seems like a really nice physical extra(for once).:)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I didn't receive a $20 credit from Amazon I would've likely cancelled my PO of LOTR there and got it at BB for the troll statue, since that seems like a really nice physical extra(for once).:)[/QUOTE]

my bb is selling the troll statue for 9.99, they had 5 left as of today...

hmm u could still get LOTR at bestbuy for $45 with the gamer mag coupon and get the statue for free, and then return one of them to amazon. the bb one has free dlc for the elf inside the case so hopefully u kept the amz one sealed.

I beat the first boss of sonic generations and I gotta say this game is a blast ! That boss brought back a lot of memories mixed in with some new twists during the fight as well. 30$ for sonic two days after it released was a no brainer for me :)

[quote name='technicalstylez']my bb is selling the troll statue for 9.99, they had 5 left as of today...

hmm u could still get LOTR at bestbuy for $45 with the gamer mag coupon and get the statue for free, and then return one of them to amazon. the bb one has free dlc for the elf inside the case so hopefully u kept the amz one sealed.[/QUOTE]
Nah. While I do still have about $65 in credit at BB, I'm saving it for next week in the hopes that the rumored B2G1 happens. Besides which, I probably would never bother unboxing the troll statue n it'd sit here collecting dust.:whistle2:#

Next game I truly want is Saint's Row 3, which I just ordered last night w/ release day delivery for $1 from Amazon for $40(after $20 promo cred from LOTR: WITN;)).

That's another reason why I didn't wanna return my copy of LOTR: WITN to Amazon, since I've already spent their credit they gave me and I don't wanna risk being banned from there for doing shit like that.

Only problem is then I'm stuck with $16 n change in Amazon credit(both promo n regular) cuz Saint's 3 comes with a $10 promo code and nothing coming out that I want till either GTA V or I Am Alive(if that game EVER releases that is).

bread's done
Back