Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credit + Thanks goes to PrinnyOtaku

icon10.gif
Coupons do stack with sale prices
icon8.gif
Coupons do not stack with price matches, package deals (buy 2, get 1, etc) or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

CURRENT SALES - Coupons valid 10/2-10/29
Assassin's Creed Revelations is on the current cover

:360::ps3: NHL12 - $50 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Off the Record - $30 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Deus Ex Human Revolution - $45 after $15 off coupon
:360: Tropico 4 - $40 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: ICO/SOTC OR GOW Origins Collection - $30 after $10 off coupon
:wii::ds: Just Dance Summer Party OR The Smurfs - $20 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: Turtle Beach Ear Force PBT - $30 after $20 off coupon
iconbestbuy.gif
PPK Onyx Mercury - $60 after $20 off coupon

MAGAZINE DETAILS

SUBSCRIBING (In-Store vs online)
In-Store - you get the current months mag free just have them scan it when you bring the sub receipt from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail.

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used & + 10% extra trade-in)
Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

***YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "UNLOCKED" TO USE THE COUPONS & IT'S NOT TIED TO YOUR RZ ACCOUNT JUST USE THE COUPON***

Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

For those who may not think the $15 is worth it here's the previous months mags since coupons started stacking judge for yourself:
June/July issue
August issue
September Issue

For those having issues in-store getting reps to abide by the new policy - link
This is the EXACT TEXT from the 6/1 memo that was sent to me;

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

For any issues that occur with the system not being updated to accept the coupons or technical problems - link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']Hey guys! Coupon works no problem for GoW:O and price is right on system. No override, packages out. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

sweet,thanks for the heads up token will go do that now

my suggestion is check every where. They did not have copies in the normal alphabetized section, but copies in a new release section, endcaps, and on a cart..plus, at the store I was at, the price sticker hadn't even been changed from $39.99, but I think they had just printed the labels..

[quote name='token2k6']Hey guys! Coupon works no problem for GoW:O and price is right on system. No override, packages out. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thank you for letting us know. I will go back to return and rebuy my GOW Origin.

I ordered both GoW:O and ICO coll. online with store pickup back when they were first on sale online. I tried to use the @gamer coupon to make these $15 each, but couldn't get it to work in the store since they were coming up as $40 at the time.

I'm very happy to say that today I went back and saw that both games were marked as $24.99 in the store and a very nice store manager did a return rebuy for both of them. He scanned the coupon from an in-store magazine so I got both of them for $15 each. I still don't have my latest @gamer magazine yet (joined unlocked back on 9/12). I offered to buy a second copy of the mag and just have him scan the coupon twice, but he didn't even make me buy the mag. I thought this was pretty awesome.

I've had a little frustration with the whole game trade-in program, but this definitely makes me like my local BB store a little more.

Thanks Enuf and to anyone else for bringing the issue with these coupons to BestBuy's attention. Love me some cheap(er) games!

Yeah didn't work again at best buy ny in livittown. The system was still on 39 even though the price tag was 24. Anyone in long island should avoid this location if they want to use the coupon.

[quote name='Chatomairi']Yeah didn't work again at best buy ny in livittown. The system was still on 39 even though the price tag was 24. Anyone in long island should avoid this location if they want to use the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thats my local bb, they get NASTY when you need an overide or price match . Its like your holding them up and taking the savings out of there pocket . :roll:

The coupon works with no override! Here's my story. I originally purchased the two games online so I could make sure I actually got the games. I tried to get the coupon with a manual override but that was a no go at my store. I then tried to get my the coupon override at another and that was a no go. I brought in my the forum post, and they weren't trying to hear it. The cashier let me have the magazine for free though. ;) Finally today I returned the games and the rep at my store used the coupon twice. At first she told me the coupon wouldn't work on an online order. I thought I was going to need an override. She scanned the coupon and it said $0.00 so I thought it wasn't going to work. Since I had $33 on a giftcard, I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket. They refunded the difference of $21.54 to my card. Now I can finally play these games! Talk about being cheap!

[quote name='pjgamer007']
I'm very happy to say that today I went back and saw that both games were marked as $24.99 in the store and a very nice store manager did a return rebuy for both of them. He scanned the coupon from an in-store magazine so I got both of them for $15 each. I still don't have my latest @gamer magazine yet (joined unlocked back on 9/12). I offered to buy a second copy of the mag and just have him scan the coupon twice, but he didn't even make me buy the mag. I thought this was pretty awesome[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing, did you only need your reciept or did you bring in the game as well?

lol. i got icolossus collection for $7 week after it came out. picked up gow o and icolossus for 60, then week later price matched 50, then had them lower it to 40 w/coupon(only good on one game) then platted gow o and flipped it for 33. woot

[quote name='Cysquatch']Thanks for sharing, did you only need your reciept or did you bring in the game as well?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know this.

Got GoW very easily without an override. It ended up being $5 since I had a $10 reward zone certificate. :D

[quote name='Velo214']lol. i got icolossus collection for $7 week after it came out. picked up gow o and icolossus for 60, then week later price matched 50, then had them lower it to 40 w/coupon(only good on one game) then platted gow o and flipped it for 33. woot[/QUOTE]

Where'd you flip it for $33, Amazon? It's at $24.30 right now, but their TIVs are always changing...usually going down. ;)

Grabbed ICO today. For those of you like me who don't have a sub to the magazine, if you buy the current issue with the game and use the coupon, you'll still save $5. :)

You beat me to it! I bought Ico last week for $25 at walmart, they pricematched best buy for me. I was at best buy today and saw the sale tag marked $25. The rep at first told me I can't use the coupon because he has to go uy what it says on the back. I told him to read his employees news and he refused to. A sup was walking by right as we were talking about the deal and he asked them. They said absolutely yes, without a doubt, the coupon is to be used and works. Picked up both GoW and Ico for $30 (free with my gift card) and I'll be returning my other copy back to walmart this week.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Grabbed ICO today. For those of you like me who don't have a sub to the magazine, if you buy the current issue with the game and use the coupon, you'll still save $5. :)[/QUOTE]

You technically don't need the coupon for yourself. The reps only scan them then throw them away anyway.

[quote name='Cysquatch']Thanks for sharing, did you only need your reciept or did you bring in the game as well?[/QUOTE]

Just the receipt. Good luck to anyone else doing this. As long as the games ring up as $24.99 in the store, the @gamer coupon should work.

[quote name='Velo214']i gave it back to bestbuy. it was 21 + 60%. this was last week tho
gow o was a 2 day/2 plat run.[/QUOTE]
are the graphics in origins better than the gow collection (hd gow 1 & 2)? which collection do you prefer? God of War 3 is the only game in the series I've played (but I loved it).

[quote name='PublikDefender']are the graphics in origins better than the gow collection (hd gow 1 & 2)? which collection do you prefer? God of War 3 is the only game in the series I've played (but I loved it).[/QUOTE]

If the only thing that'll make you happy is something comparable to GoW 3, then stay away. These games were originally designed to run on the psp. Yes, they look good on HD on the ps3, but they are far from the quality of Gow 3, which was designed for the ps3.

Thanks. I'm not a graphics whore but was just wondering which collection is prettier. I'm not expecting gow 3 level graphics. I'm still interested in the story and gameplyay. Just new to the series (never owned a ps2 or psp).

[quote name='PublikDefender']Thanks. I'm not a graphics whore but was just wondering which collection is prettier. I'm not expecting gow 3 level graphics. I'm still interested in the story and gameplyay. Just new to the series (never owned a ps2 or psp).[/QUOTE]

I'd say you'll be pleasantly surprised by how good the GoW ports look. I was when I saw GoW 1 & 2 on my PS3 in HD for the first time.

Enough acronyms? :D

[quote name='PublikDefender']are the graphics in origins better than the gow collection (hd gow 1 & 2)? which collection do you prefer? God of War 3 is the only game in the series I've played (but I loved it).[/QUOTE]

I would say the graphics are SLIGHTLY better. More so with Ghost of Sparta. To me, Chains of Olympus plays more like the original GoW 1 &2. Ghost of Sparta plays more like GOW3. For 14.99 it's a hella good deal if you even remotely like these types of games.

[quote name='Romeo']I'd say you'll be pleasantly surprised by how good the GoW ports look. I was when I saw GoW 1 & 2 on my PS3 in HD for the first time.

Enough acronyms? :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I would say the graphics are SLIGHTLY better. More so with Ghost of Sparta. To me, Chains of Olympus plays more like the original GoW 1 &2. Ghost of Sparta plays more like GOW3. For 14.99 it's a hella good deal if you even remotely like these types of games.[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys. I'll pick up origins if they scan one of their mags since mine didn't come in yet. They made me buy a mag for Ico but it can't hurt to try again.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Thanks guys. I'll pick up origins if they scan one of their mags since mine didn't come in yet. They made me buy a mag for Ico but it can't hurt to try again.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be a problem. I got a BB clerk to scan the coupon twice right out of the magazine for both the ICO/SOTC and GOW OC games and I didn't even buy the magazine. I paid the 30 plus tax, then just left the mag by the register. You should be golden.

I picked up GoW: Origins for $15 yesterday ... I had already used my $10 coupon on Ico, but had not done my free renewal with the Gamer Unlock coupon that came with last month's subscription. I signed up for Gamers Unlocked for free (with subscription coupon), got the latest magazine, and then used the coupon inside for GoW. They didn't even remove the coupon this time.

Going to a BBY after school today to get these games, hopefully...
Even if I have to buy the Mag twice, still a great deal: 4 games @ 10 each

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Going to a BBY after school today to get these games, hopefully...
Even if I have to buy the Mag twice, still a great deal: 4 games @ 10 each[/QUOTE]

I would just go to customer service and ask the rep can they scan it twice. Worked like a charm for me.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']The Magazine is certainly worth it for the coupons if they continue to stack with sale prices as they had been.[/QUOTE]If you haven't noticed BB can be a real mess the fact that they actually issued a memo for this & have been having meeting with the gaming supervisors is a HUGE step for them. If they were going to nerf the stacking they wouldn't have even gone this far, I mean it's not they started to advertise the fact that they started stacking.

From thre rumblings(inside info direct from BB reps/employees) BB wants to be the leader when it comes to gaming & they specfically mentioned AMZ/GS/Kmart as "rivals" so obviously they seem to be aware of them. How they do it & if their really able to commit to it is a completely different story but if you know how to utilize the system you should be able to play & profit with BB & a $15 unlocked shouldn't really be hard to overcome.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Is this only for the ICO Collection?[/QUOTE]It's $24.99 in-store now I just returned & repurchased both got em for $30 + tax.

[quote name='Silence4520']do you have like a link to the forum?[/QUOTE]In the OP

[quote name='PublikDefender']I can also confirm that the coupon stacks w/ ico automatically. had to buy the mag though so it came out to $21.
Shout outs to enuf, as well as kyle and mike (who mod the best buy forums). Thanks for making this happen.[/QUOTE]are you already a unlocked member or subscribed? Or still on the fence about paying $15 for the sub I mean it only takes 2 $5 issues then you'll be chasing the savings you lost by not buying the sub already.

[quote name='Donut2922']the program being new and all with the unlocked offer has a lot kinks to iron out. for the future benefit of everyone, I hope BB can catch up to GS in time with this whole new movement. but i expect all of these Unlocked/@Gamer issues to continue for awhile unfortunately.[/QUOTE]Your being nice they need to get their $hit together ASAP it's far past due.

[quote name='Japakneez']The 6/1 memo doesn't exist :lol:[/QUOTE]I believe it b/c multiple CAG's who work at BB, have been leaking ads extra early & provided in detail about specific BB related stuff said they saw it 1st hand.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I kept thinking to myself it'll be a better deal if I sign up for the year subscription, since I'd already bought 3 magazines for $5 apiece. What I didn't take into account was that the magazine could show up at anytime during the month possibly causing me to miss out on a game deal completely (that seems to be the case this month).[/QUOTE]After you buy 2 mags you start to chase the missed savings b/c you still have to spend $15 on top of the other two $5 mags so $25 + tax for the sub before you break even. At least you can sell the unwanted coupons for $2 ea + a stamp to a CAG w/o a sub & break even.

[quote name='TheWooz']Does the ICO+SotC sale end today? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]all the $24.99 prices end 10/15 per the shelf tag sale stickers in-store.

[quote name='sirdudeoi']I paid msrp on release date for the ico pack and was able to get it price adjusted to 24.99 once the sale went live. I should be able to go in with the coupon and get another adjustment right?[/QUOTE]probably will req. a return/rebuy but yes you get the $15 price.

[quote name='CAG90210']I have a similar question as sirdudeoi, i ordered ICO when it was $24.99 online and have it shipped to store, can i bring in the coupon and have them take the discount?[/QUOTE]^^^return/rebuy b/c it's an online order, if you just needed to do a straight price match there's a phone # to call to get it for BB.com orders.

[quote name='gblessthanjake']do i need to be subscribed in order for the coupons to work?[/QUOTE]no & it's not tied to a specific RZ account or anything like that either.

[quote name='Enuf']
are you already a unlocked member or subscribed? Or still on the fence about paying $15 for the sub I mean it only takes 2 $5 issues then you'll be chasing the savings you lost by not buying the sub already.
[/QUOTE]
I'm a gamer club member but haven't received a magazine yet so I had to pay $21 for Ico. Will try again with God of War Origins and show my Ico receipt. If I can't get GoW for $15 after all this, then I'll just pass.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I'm a gamer club member but haven't received a magazine yet so I had to pay $21 for Ico. Will try again with God of War Origins and show my Ico receipt. If I can't get GoW for $15 after all this, then I'll just pass.[/QUOTE]oh ok did they take the coupon from you? You should be able to get the mag if you show your paid receipt YMMV though.

Thanks for answering enuf. I went in and the rep at the customer service desk did not want to do it initially because she said it would be a double dip using a coupon on an item on sale. I politely explained that issue was resolved and asked her to try.....she was surprised when it did. The $10 had to come back as store credit for some reason

[quote name='sirdudeoi']Thanks for answering enuf. I went in and the rep at the customer service desk did not want to do it initially because she said it would be a double dip using a coupon on an item on sale. I politely explained that issue was resolved and asked her to try.....she was surprised when it did. The $10 had to come back as store credit for some reason[/QUOTE]that's b/c they don't know what the fuck they doin. I think their end game was just to lock your money in @ BB but they don't know the AMZ or pre-paid visa trick.

This thing is so clear that the coupons should be stacking "with sale prices" it's not even funny. There's no way around it the wording is exact & precise plus it tells the employee to inform the customers that they stack for extra savings.#-o

Don't know if someone answered this already, Do you need two separate coupons if buying Gow Origins and the Ico collection in the same transaction or should one coupon discount $10 on both. Please advise. I appologize in advance if this was discussed already. I was told by an associate that I would need 2 coupons. One per game. I bought Ico collection only, but was interested in getting both collections.

[quote name='BABETOOTH']Don't know if someone answered this already, Do you need two separate coupons if buying Gow Origins and the Ico collection in the same transaction or should one coupon discount $10 on both. Please advise. I appologize in advance if this was discussed already.[/QUOTE]YMMV. Some people have had success and others have been denied.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Just wanna say, DR2:OTR is a horrendously shameless rehash. Probably around 10% of the content isn't just a rehash of DR2[/QUOTE]

I own almost every zombie game out, and there is NO way capcom is going to sucker me into this one. I am so disappointed.

[quote name='exceed19']I own almost every zombie game out, and there is NO way capcom is going to sucker me into this one. I am so disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why they wouldn't use frank west for the original dead rising 2. That's what people wanted originally anyway. Of course milkcom is doing what they do best with this release.

[quote name='Kagami']So I would have to pay $5 for a magazine, which would make ICO/SOTC cost $20? How do I get around that?[/QUOTE]

You don't.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You don't.[/QUOTE]
And from reading through the thread, I see that using the book and the sale price doesn't really work for most people.

Should I just buy it for 24.99?

[quote name='Kagami']And from reading through the thread, I see that using the book and the sale price doesn't really work for most people.

Should I just buy it for 24.99?[/QUOTE]

Been working since late Sunday/early Monday without an override.

So if you want to buy it for $24.99 be my guest, but at the very least I would just grab a mag, take it with you and tell the cashier that you would like to use the coupon in this; if it works then I will be happy to buy the mag. If not I will pass on buying the mag.

bread's done
Back