Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iduncurr']Spring Sale prices are for brand new games.
Don't know if pre-owned games have been adjusted with the spring sale prices.

The prices for pre-owned games online are usually an indication of how much it'll be in-store.

I wonder if the B2G1 free will be applicable to online purchases?
>_>

I should be able to return/rebuy games at any gamestop right? I did B2G1 w/ SFxT, Lumines Vita and SpiderMan EoT. I know i want SFxt and Lumines but not SpiderMan.

[quote name='sgr76']I'm still trying to find anything good enough to move my GS credit over to BB.[/QUOTE]

MW3 is the best solution I can find.

Edit: if the sale price stacks with the b2g1

planning on getting 6 games today with GS credit if this is true:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Uncharted, Uncharted 2 for PS3. Metroid Other M, Arc Rise Fantasia, and Suikoden 3 for Wii and PS2 games.

need a third game, i have kingdoms of amalur, infinite undiscovery, and can't decide on a third game. Might go Nier or something else.

well poopy, they want to charge me an added 18% ish from the total of games for shipping and tax. kinda makes me not want to buy

$81 pre tax and shipping...98 after

Man my store got in a lot of Gamecube games. I'm seeing Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda Windwaker (saw it when it when I was in the store; no manual), Twilight Princess (might have seen it), Four Swords (saw it but didn't check to see if it had a manual), Pokemon XD (saw two of these), and some others. However a lot were in generic cases, and I was too lazy to look at most. I guess they got all the area's GC games. Might explain why one store had so many good PS2 games.

I think I'll be getting any combination of the following: Mario Party 9, Kingdoms of Amalur, NBA 2K12, Devil May Cry HD Collection (unlikely I'll find it, but you never know), and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. I'm undecided on which three I want most, although Mario Party 9 is probably staying because that's for my girlfriend.

Decisions, decisions.

Man deciding if i want to get any games or not with this sale. I know i would love to get Grand theft auto complete edition but man I really wouldn't know what else to get

Noticed they marked down Soul Calibur 5 to $38. Thinking of combining this with UMvC3 and Blazblue Extend. $23.50ish a piece :0.

Wonder do they charge for shipping? Doubt these three will be in store.

I will never participate in a GS preowned B2G1 deal unless I'm in store. The one preowned game I have got from GS ordering online was in such a sad and sorry shape. Gohastings and Best Buy did me well.

The fact that it appears that the B2G1 on used games that are on sale new in the current ad doesn't work on the website, won't that mean they won't work in stores?

[quote name='coopscohen']The fact that it appears that the B2G1 on used games that are on sale new in the current ad doesn't work on the website, won't that mean they won't work in stores?[/QUOTE]

It does work with the games currently on sale.

[quote name='coopscohen']The fact that it appears that the B2G1 on used games that are on sale new in the current ad doesn't work on the website, won't that mean they won't work in stores?[/QUOTE]

Um, GS never does B2G1 on new games. The thing is, the new games that are on sale for the most part have their used prices lowered as well. Modern Warfare 3 for example is $40 new, $38 used. That does work with the B2G1 and should also work in store.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um, GS never does B2G1 on new games. The thing is, the new games that are on sale for the most part have their used prices lowered as well. Modern Warfare 3 for example is $40 new, $38 used. That does work with the B2G1 and should also work in store.[/QUOTE]

Right. I guess I worded my question wrong LOL. It seems like every game currently on sale that I want to check stock on the website used I can't. Is that normal? The reason why I thought maybe the "used" prices prior to the B2G1 wouldn't apply or something.

[quote name='jwk94']Sorry, I'm new to CAG, but what do you mean by you figured them out? Shouldn't you just be able to search the website to get em?[/QUOTE]

the website isn't providing store pickup links for certain used games right now. that's why people are posting links in this thread

Going in stores for this if anything.
I don't think prices for the games online match the ones in store.
Plus, I'd rather be able to check the condition of the games I'm buying.

why am i getting error code? for B2G1
Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.
The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon.

i signed in with my free rewards membership..

[quote name='gospelman']the website isn't providing store pickup links for certain used games right now. that's why people are posting links in this thread[/QUOTE]

Oh ok thanks.

Quick question, i've been eyeing a few different PS2 games and one store has one that I want and another has two. I want to get the B2G1 so I was wondering if I buy the first one and then head to the store that has the other two and show them the receipt, think they will let me do the promo? I am really strict about having the original cases and would prefer to see their condition before I buy otherwise I would just buy online.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Quick question, i've been eyeing a few different PS2 games and one store has one that I want and another has two. I want to get the B2G1 so I was wondering if I buy the first one and then head to the store that has the other two and show them the receipt, think they will let me do the promo? I am really strict about having the original cases and would prefer to see their condition before I buy otherwise I would just buy online.[/QUOTE]

yup. You can alway return the 1st game at 2nd store n buy it with the other 2 for b2g1

Any kind CAG have a store locator link for Skyrim on 360? Got a local store with ME3 and New Vegas: Ultimate used... just need Skyrim to complete the trifecta.

The email I got said I had $118 in in-store credit, but I check my check my power up rewards card and it says I have $48. Did anything similar to this happen to anyone else?

This is at the bottom of the email "*In-store credit amount could consist of balances on a PowerUp Rewards card, Trade Card or combination of both. Trade Card with available credit must be presented to store associate at time of transaction. Available balance shown is as of Tuesday, 3/27/2012. " I haven't bought anything recently and the last time I used a trade card was in January, but the guy told me it was empty after my purchase so I told him to toss it. I'm starting to think he may of been wrong.

[quote name='dreadful']The email I got said I had $118 in in-store credit, but I check my check my power up rewards card and it says I have $48. Did anything similar to this happen to anyone else?

This is at the bottom of the email "*In-store credit amount could consist of balances on a PowerUp Rewards card, Trade Card or combination of both. Trade Card with available credit must be presented to store associate at time of transaction. Available balance shown is as of Tuesday, 3/27/2012. " I haven't bought anything recently and the last time I used a trade card was in January, but the guy told me it was empty after my purchase so I told him to toss it. I'm starting to think he may of been wrong.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is what happened to you, but I think they included any credit I had applied towards pre-orders in that email total. Mine said I had $136 in credit, but I know that's not true so I figure they must have included my Xenoblades pre-order along with my random outstanding ones (AC3 steelbook ones, Prototype 2, etc.)

[quote name='AFC']I don't know if this is what happened to you, but I think they included any credit I had applied towards pre-orders in that email total. Mine said I had $136 in credit, but I know that's not true so I figure they must have included my Xenoblades pre-order along with my random outstanding ones (AC3 steelbook ones, Prototype 2, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I don't have any pre-orders, but thanks for the reply. I'm gonna give them a tomorrow I really don't expect it to go well.

[quote name='dreadful']The email I got said I had $118 in in-store credit, but I check my check my power up rewards card and it says I have $48. Did anything similar to this happen to anyone else?

This is at the bottom of the email "*In-store credit amount could consist of balances on a PowerUp Rewards card, Trade Card or combination of both. Trade Card with available credit must be presented to store associate at time of transaction. Available balance shown is as of Tuesday, 3/27/2012. " I haven't bought anything recently and the last time I used a trade card was in January, but the guy told me it was empty after my purchase so I told him to toss it. I'm starting to think he may of been wrong.[/QUOTE]

Do you still have your receipt from the last transaction when you used your PUR card? there could be a balance total on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DCpinoy']Do you still have your receipt from the last transaction when you used our PUR card? there could be a balance total on there.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I do if I do it's in the case of the game which my brother has ATM. Thanks to your post I do remember checking over the receipt in the car afterwords. And I guess if I didn't notice anything then then everything was ok.

[quote name='dreadful']I don't think I do if I do it's in the case of the game which my brother has ATM. Thanks to your post I do remember checking over the receipt in the car afterwords. And I guess if I didn't notice anything then then everything was ok.[/QUOTE]

sounds good, glad i could help you out.

My email had the wrong total too but when I logged into PUR website it had my correct amount. I don't ever remember having that amount that was in my email ever even after buying stuff coulda been from a couple of months ago though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back