Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out from SD this works with Ipod Shuffle too:

Pretty good deal:
$19.99 ipod 2nd Gen 1GB
$19.99 ipod 2nd Gen 1GB
free Ninja Gaiden 3 PS3

So you pay $40 - 10% powerup + tax + shipping

[quote name='gb2003']I found out from SD this works with Ipod Shuffle too:

Pretty good deal:
$19.99 ipod 2nd Gen 1GB
$19.99 ipod 2nd Gen 1GB
free Ninja Gaiden 3 PS3

So you pay $40 - 10% powerup + tax + shipping[/QUOTE]

We had mentioned it working with the Shuffles on Thursday!

I was tempted to use a deal like that but I ended up not having enough credit to throw in one of those sets as well.

Anyone know of some really good NDS games? I just found my DS lite after a year of it being left in a closet. It's like brand new..I might trade up for a 3ds in the summer. Anyways, any cheap and fun DS games out right now? I literally only have 2 ds games (kingdom hearts and advanced wars). Thanks!

[quote name='confoosious']kids today! /shakesfist

There's a couple expressions with head in it I would never use.[/QUOTE]

get off my lawn! (i might be older). the navy/mariner terms are old school...the "gonna head" as leaving term is just internet typing laziness.

[quote name='crypto186']Anyone know of some really good NDS games? I just found my DS lite after a year of it being left in a closet. It's like brand new..I might trade up for a 3ds in the summer. Anyways, any cheap and fun DS games out right now? I literally only have 2 ds games (kingdom hearts and advanced wars). Thanks![/QUOTE]

Mario Kart
Warioware
Scribblenauts

[quote name='crypto186']Anyone know of some really good NDS games? I just found my DS lite after a year of it being left in a closet. It's like brand new..I might trade up for a 3ds in the summer. Anyways, any cheap and fun DS games out right now? I literally only have 2 ds games (kingdom hearts and advanced wars). Thanks![/QUOTE]

If anything I have probably enjoyed all of the Castlevania titles the most. All of them are great in my mind for the DS.

Chrono Trigger, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Dragon Quest, Valkyrie Profile, Summon Night, Knights in Nightmare.. the list goes on and on if you like RPGs.

If you have never played the Professor Layton titles, they are FANTASTIC puzzle games.

Pokemon is never a bad bet.

Puzzle Quest one or two if you have not tried those.

Those are the main ones I can think of at the moment though I am sure fellow CAGs will have many more words of wisdom as well!

The world ends with you, the dragon quest games, elite beat agents, 999, trauma center 1 & 2, pokemon, canvas curse, super Mario ds, bowsers inside story, new super Mario bros.

Picked up Batman AA GOTY, F.E.A.R AND Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. all for :360:. After cancelling 2 pre-orders and using a Gift Card plus PUR they came out to be a total of ~$16 which was awesome because I didn't have to use any cash. And all my games were complete and in great condition!!

1 iPod shuffle(R) Gen 2 1GB (Scratch & Scuff)
$15.99

1 iPod shuffle(R) Gen 2 1GB -Light Blue (GameStop Premium Refurbished)
$19.99

1 Ninja Gaiden 3
$0.00

Sub-Total: $35.98
Shipping: $3.49
Estimated Tax: $5.91
Order Total: $45.38

Thanks to whoever suggested the ipod glitch. Will give my gf one to use workin out and ill do the same and still got a good deal on NG3. Unfortunately I was charged sales tax on the pre-discount price.

[quote name='confoosious']kids today! /shakesfist

There's a couple expressions with head in it I would never use.[/QUOTE]

agreed!

just curious, what are you guys doing with those iPod shuffles? 1G isn't enough plus I put all of my music on my phone.

Yeah that glitch doesn't sound like a good deal if you were just trying to get a free game. If you did it with a more expensive accessory like Kinect then it would be nice.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']1 iPod shuffle(R) Gen 2 1GB (Scratch & Scuff)
$15.99

1 iPod shuffle(R) Gen 2 1GB -Light Blue (GameStop Premium Refurbished)
$19.99

1 Ninja Gaiden 3
$0.00

Sub-Total: $35.98
Shipping: $3.49
Estimated Tax: $5.91
Order Total: $45.38

Thanks to whoever suggested the ipod glitch. Will give my gf one to use workin out and ill do the same and still got a good deal on NG3. Unfortunately I was charged sales tax on the pre-discount price.[/QUOTE]
Does this glitch only work on NG3?
Edit: Never mind I tried it and it works other games too.

[quote name='bob330i']just curious, what are you guys doing with those iPod shuffles? 1G isn't enough plus I put all of my music on my phone.[/QUOTE]

Ill use the shuffles for jogging/working out. I have most of my music on my phone and vita but I don't wanna take either of those on a run so this works out well. Ill give my girlfriend the other one for the same purpose.

[quote name='iduncurr']Does this glitch only work on NG3?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. It may work with others but I have evrything else I want around that price and didn't try

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Not sure. It may work with others but I have evrything else I want around that price and didn't try[/QUOTE]

I tried it and it works with other games :)

I'm buying the 3rd gen shuffles...even though I like the 2nd one better because of the buttons.
3rd Gen shuffles have a $22 TIV at BB

I might only be getting 16.50 though depending on the condition/accesories though.
I wonder if the %40 trade-in bonus only counts towards games? :lol:

Edit: Crap, I think this just became a legit question.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'm playing my mvc3 vita and these are some things I've noticed with the game

.graphics are amazing on the vita !
.sentinal is broken
.phoenix wright is the funniest fighting game character I've ever used lol
.sentinal is broken
.galactus is extremely cheap
.sentinal is broken

The game is a blast so far for me. I made a weird ass odd couple team of chung lee, sentinal and phoenix wright and I was kicking ass ! I couldn't stop laughing at the sight of phoenix wright owning akuma (who has given me and many others fits in the past in street fighter) lol. If you find this game used get it with this sale :)[/QUOTE]

Sentinel Is not good at all aside from his assist. Almost every character in that game rapes him.

[quote name='gb2003']Darn it... they fixed the glitch and canceled my order.[/QUOTE]

They like to avoid confrontation whenever possible. Problem solved on their end.

hmmm, I got a shipping confirmation for my b2g1 order (not related to the ipod orders), and on my shipping conf. email only 2 games are listed, and in my order history there is a tracking number next to only 2 out of 3 of the games. Anybody have any idea whats up before I call them up?

I bought Mortal Kombat Komplete, Catherine, and Batman Arkham City Wedsneday. So... anyone wanna trade my 360 Komplete for a ps3 version (the xbox controller kills my fingers)?

Got MW3(ps3), RDR goty(ps3), and MW3(xbox). for 81 total with tax. Man, the lady went haggling me to upgrade to power up pro for just an extra $6. I refuse and she kept on just giving me the sale pitch. It went on for like 15 minutes. Man I was busting up laughing because she was astonish why I won't want to upgrade for just six bucks. Eventually she ended up giving my a free upgrade. Cool I would give her a fucking great review but I lost my receipt.

Planning on picking up dead island, borderlands goty, and maybe dead rising 2. Anyone know if there is dlc on those games that would make it worth getting new instead of b2g1 free used?

[quote name='MachRay']Planning on picking up dead island, borderlands goty, and maybe dead rising 2. Anyone know if there is dlc on those games that would make it worth getting new instead of b2g1 free used?[/QUOTE]

Just make sure the Borderlands GOTY is the version with the DLC on a disc and not a voucher.

:whee: I got my eRewards $25 gc for GS today. Maybe I'll go return the newsed copy of Catherine I bought n grab a used copy instead n do the B2G1 with 2 other $29.99 or so games.:D

got 3 hard to find games... not the greatest games, but i have been wanting to check them out -

The Simpsons Game
History Channel Civil War Secret Missions
Lord of the Rings Conquest

Went yesterday and picked up games I've wanted to try.

:ps3: Naughty Bear: Gold Edition
:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes
:ps3: Burnout Paradise

$34.94 total / $11.65 per game which is cheaper then buying them online after shipping so I'm happy.

Couldn't find a used copy of amular for ps3 anywhere. The disabled store tracker is annoying. I really wanted the game so ended up buying it new for 40.

Got some old shooters for 360
Cod 4
Bad company 2 ultimate (codes were already used)
Gears 2 (flashback code unused) Total was about 25

I got a pretty good haul yesterday and today, I think. For anyone in the area, the Gamestops in the Galleria Mall in York, PA have Fatal Frame 1 and 2, Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Legendia.

Yesterday

:ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
:ds: Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
:ps3: Nier

Today

:ps2: Digimon Rumble Arena 2 (no manual)
:ps2: Monster Hunter
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
:ds: Professor Layton and the Curious Village

[quote name='apokalypse']hmmm, I got a shipping confirmation for my b2g1 order (not related to the ipod orders), and on my shipping conf. email only 2 games are listed, and in my order history there is a tracking number next to only 2 out of 3 of the games. Anybody have any idea whats up before I call them up?[/QUOTE]

looks like you're getting only two games. so you buy 2 you get no free game in this case.

[quote name='caltab']Couldn't find a used copy of amular for ps3 anywhere. The disabled store tracker is annoying. I really wanted the game so ended up buying it new for 40.[/QUOTE]

I think there's a like new on amazon warehouse for 29.99

[quote name='jubeininja69']looks like you're getting only two games. so you buy 2 you get no free game in this case.[/QUOTE] the third game was one of the 2 games I was billed for, and it's on my invoice...guess I gotta call these dummies up now...

the glitch was still working a few minutes ago, but i couldn't find a good game to match it with. tried mgs hd collection, ico/sotc collection, umvc3, gow origins collections, but none of them were available online. thought about going with nba 2k12, but they have the goty version, so i think it'll drop soon.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']the glitch was still working a few minutes ago, but i couldn't find a good game to match it with. tried mgs hd collection, ico/sotc collection, umvc3, gow origins collections, but none of them were available online. thought about going with nba 2k12, but they have the goty version, so i think it'll drop soon.[/QUOTE]
I thought about getting GoW Origins collection too but I decided to pick it up at Best Buy when the $10 off 29.99 and pre-owned games becomes active.
There was a bunch of copies at 34.99 at my BB when I checked in a few days ago (I really hope they haven't all sold by now)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:whee: I got my eRewards $25 gc for GS today. Maybe I'll go return the newsed copy of Catherine I bought n grab a used copy instead n do the B2G1 with 2 other $29.99 or so games.:D[/QUOTE]
Same here. This is about the fastest I've ever received the GC. They need to kill that 1 GC per quarter limit though. I have over $200 waiting to be cashed out on GS GCs. I hardly do their surveys anymore because their are no good rewards to cash out.

[quote name='apokalypse']hmmm, I got a shipping confirmation for my b2g1 order (not related to the ipod orders), and on my shipping conf. email only 2 games are listed, and in my order history there is a tracking number next to only 2 out of 3 of the games. Anybody have any idea whats up before I call them up?[/QUOTE]

I would check with them if you don't hear anything soon, but FWIW i had a b2g1 order and the games shipped separately (1 in one order and 2 in another) and they sent separate emails about 30 minutes apart.

Combo 1
Game 1: ($54.99 base, $53.33 with PUR) MLB 12 - kept
Game 2: ($47.99 base, $46.54 with PUR) Saints Row the Third (360)- traded into Amazon for $38
Game 3: (Free) Saints Row the Third (360) - traded into Amazon for $38

Combo 2
Game 1: (Free) Devil May Cry HD (360)- kept
Game 2: ($37.99 base, $36.84 with PUR) CoD MW3 (PS3)- traded into Best Buy for $37.50
Game 3: ($37.99 base, $36.84 with PUR) CoD MW3 (PS3)- traded into Best Buy for $37.50

Combo 3
Game 1: (Free) Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - kept
Game 2: ($37.99 base, $36.84 with PUR) CoD MW3 (PS3)- traded into Best Buy for $37.50
Game 3: ($44.99 base, $43.63 with PUR) Skyrim (PS3) - traded into Best Buy for $37.50

Combo 4
Game 1: (Free) Battlefield 3 LE - kept
Game 2: ($44.99 base, $43.63 with PUR) Mass Effect 3 (360)- traded into Amazon for $38.50
Game 3: ($44.99 base, $43.63 with PUR) Skyrim (PS3) - traded into Amazon for $35.20

Totals
Gross Spend: $341.27
Best Buy gift cards received: $150
Amazon gift cards received: $149.70

Net Spend: $41.57:applause::applause: :D

[quote name='klimb22']Same here. This is about the fastest I've ever received the GC. They need to kill that 1 GC per quarter limit though. I have over $200 waiting to be cashed out on GS GCs. I hardly do their surveys anymore because their are no good rewards to cash out.[/QUOTE]

you get rewards just for filling out surveys?

[quote name='MikeE021286']Combo 1
Game 1: MLB 12 - kept
Game 2: Saints Row the Third (360)- traded into Amazon for $38
Game 3: Saints Row the Third (360) - traded into Amazon for $38

Combo 2
Game 1: Devil May Cry HD (360)- kept
Game 2: CoD MW3 (PS3)- traded into Best Buy for $37.50
Game 3: CoD MW3 (PS3)- traded into Best Buy for $37.50

Combo 3
Game 1: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - kept
Game 2: CoD MW3 (PS3)- traded into Best Buy for $37.50
Game 3: Skyrim (PS3) - traded into Best Buy for $37.50

Combo 4
Game 1: Battlefield 3 LE - kept
Game 2: Mass Effect 3 (360)- traded into Amazon for $38.50
Game 3: Skyrim (PS3) - traded into Amazon for $35.20

Totals
Gross Spend: $341.27
Best Buy gift cards received: $150
Amazon gift cards received: $149.70

Net Spend: $41.57:applause::applause: :D[/QUOTE]Very nice

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']you get rewards just for filling out surveys?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Surveys are different lengths and pay different amounts. The $ value can be used to buy gift cards, coupons, etc. For me the only "reward" that is worth it is $50 for a $25 GS GC, but they limit you to 1 GS GC per calendar quarter. That is e-rewards. There are other survey sites like Opinion Place and SurveySpree that cash out to PayPal, Amazon, etc.

[quote name='AukeySeven']I went a little crazy with the Jrpg games during this b2g1f. Knowing that I was going to spend a grip of money I ended up getting my pur pro membership for free after the discounts.

I got:
Rune Factory
Trinity Universe
Resonance of Fate
Record of Agarest War Zero
Last Rebellion
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Atelier Totori
and... Just cause 2[/QUOTE]

That was my strategy too. I picked up

Yesterday
:ps3: Atelier Rorona
:ps3: Atelier Totori
:ps3: Hyperdimension Neptunia

Today
:ps3: Trinity Universe
:ps3: GTA IV Complete
:gc: The Legend of Zelda CE Promo Disc

I'm not sure about you but my gamestops rarely have 2 jrpgs anywhere in the same city. So I had to go all over just to find these. I'm lucky they had what I got without having to make a day trip out of town :lol: Although all jrpgs that I saw were complete so that's good at least.

I don't know if its some new kind of trick to get people to sign up for pur pro but 3 different stores I went to the clerk was telling people that b2g1 was only for pur plus members and this morning the b2g1 didn't work for regular members. I finally got pissed at the last store I went to and told the customer that it wasn't true and I heard that story all day. Then I checked out before him and everything went through fine. It really is sad to see.

Anyone have any good $10 recommended games? I know I want to finish up Bioshock 1, but i cant think of any other worth while games

[quote name='cardsharkrob']How do you guys get into doing the surveys to get the giftcards?[/QUOTE]
e-Rewards was (is?) invitation-only.

Does the $15 off steal of the week coupon work with the b2g1? Does it take the price off the free game making the coupon worthless? Any help is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back