Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i reading the patch wrong? I thought the patch was making soloing the nightfall much harder than what it is right now as oppose to having more people in the fireteam? Hehe
Nope, you are correct. The latest patch makes soloing strikes a lot harder than a team of 3 now.

Then i guess activity for weekly and nightfall in "looking for group" sites will be skyrocketing. Maybe in the next parch bungie will do the matchmaking work for them.

Bungie's strategy - release an incomplete game with lots of exploits for players to take adavmtage, piss players with nerfs to get them settled down to the right track, when the game is stale, patch a requested update (voice chat) to make players happy again to hook them back up to the game then make the nerf to the game rinse and repeat

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/534476212542791680

Destiny update 1.0.3 has been released to Xbox One consoles. Thank you for your patience!

Really? It specifically says: Difficulty will scale less for 3-player Fireteams, making Strikes less deadly for them

We are obviously not reading it the same way, there's nothing in the wording that indicates soloing will be harder. There's no mention of solo scaling change at all - strikes will be LESS deadly for a full team.

Edit: just saw the hidden changes thread on Reddit, that's pretty stupid

Right, the point is not to make it harder to solo, it's to remove the incentive for soloing, when you have the option to group. In Bungie's mindset, soloing is fine if you need to but it should never be a more attractive option than grouping.

Strikes
Winter's Run: Fixed an exploit zone in the Aksor boss encounter
Difficulty will scale less for 3-player Fireteams, making Strikes less deadly for them
From the writing, it looked like that if your only soloing its deadlier? The more people on the group the easier itl be even though there are more mobs. Isnt bungie trying to push people to be more social? So theyre encouraging for you to form fireteams.

This is kinda weird since all strikes (except heroics abd nightfall) have match making so from the start you always have 3 anyways.

I dnt know really. I Might have to try one next week. Ive finished and soloed all nightfalls before except the nexus one. And im already fed up with aksor this week to do anything with him again til the next time he pops up for heroics. Hehe

I finally got an icebreaker from beating the nightfall on my hunter and man the damage on it is crazy. Not even upgraded and I was doing 30k damage to the tank boss on the Mars Strike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxQDJOpC7Co&feature=youtu.be

[quote name="gotdott" post="12247873" timestamp="1416269732"]Really? It specifically says: Difficulty will scale less for 3-player Fireteams, making Strikes less deadly for them

We are obviously not reading it the same way, there's nothing in the wording that indicates soloing will be harder. There's no mention of solo scaling change at all - strikes will be LESS deadly for a full team.

Edit: just saw the hidden changes thread on Reddit, that's pretty stupid[/quote]
So, rather than improve thorn and bad juju they "unintentionally" nerf them? They seem to have no issue with figuring out how to modify their game to make you grind even more rather than adding simple things that would just make it more fun.

Having said that, and I kind of feel like an abused spouse here, who's up for the raid tomorrow night? Never did manage to get back on for atheon tonight, but I know he just had ascendant shards and a chatterwhite anyway.

So, rather than improve thorn and bad juju they "unintentionally" nerf them? They seem to have no issue with figuring out how to modify their game to make you grind even more rather than adding simple things that would just make it more fun. Having said that, and I kind of feel like an abused spouse here, who's up for the raid tomorrow night? Never did manage to get back on for atheon tonight, but I know he just had ascendant shards and a chatterwhite anyway.
I don't know, there's Dragon Age, Far Cry 4, and Dragon's Teeth releasing tomorrow :(

[quote name="gotdott" post="12248572" timestamp="1416284867"]I don't know, there's Dragon Age, Far Cry 4, and Dragon's Teeth releasing tomorrow :([/quote]
You forgot GTA V. I know how excited you were for GTA V. ;)

I'll be unavailable from 6:15 - 8:15 Pacific tomorrow. So I can Raid either after that or maybe really early...

I finally got an icebreaker from beating the nightfall on my hunter and man the damage on it is crazy. Not even upgraded and I was doing 30k damage to the tank boss on the Mars Strike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxQDJOpC7Co&feature=youtu.be
Haha yeah man I love it. You actually shot it at the destructive part of that burner on the tank so it does crazy bonus damage. With mine maxed I was doing like 45k on those shots during the last Nightfall!

The other group did invite me but we kind of rushed through the Raid just once. I didn't get the helm for my Warlock but I did get Praedyth's Timepiece and the raid cuirass so I can get my Warlock to 30 now. I still want the helm so I can use Sunbreakers, but that's OK.

I got the hard oracles checkpoint on my Titan. And I want to run the Raid on normal with my Hunter. So some time this week we need to run it on Normal and then quickly do the hard Oracles/Templar.

Like I said tomorrow it would have to be super early (like 4pm Pacific). Otherwise Wednesday is more open for me so maybe we could do it then.

Oh yeah, the Nightfall is Sepkis Prime. I managed to solo it with my Warlock and it didn't seem too bad. It has arc burn again so Fatebringer plus Epitaph got me through most of it. It was WAY easier to kill those captains in the first part than it was last time we had this one. I only had to self-res once and that was early on. Unfortunately most of the Vandals and Shanks seem to have arc damage and those Vandals can get you with their chasing shots.

Interestingly enough, the Heroic Weekly also has Arc Burn. So that should make it much, much easier than it usually is. That should be no problem to solo with the checkpoints.

I got some oddball pulse rifle out of the Nightfall that I had never seen before. I forgot the name. But I am actually really liking the Praedyth's Timepiece.

And it is so nice to have the 10 bounty slots. I am grinding 2 pieces of armor now (I'm switching out my gloves to get better stats in addition to the new cuirass I got). Unfortunately everything seems to need helium which is the one resource I don't have stockpiles of.

Oh - one more thing. One of the guys in the Raid got one of those new sparrows with the flames and barrel rolling ability in the post. No one else did. Then later I saw 3 guys playing around with those in the Walker area on earth. The guy who got it speculated that it is because he had the limited edition. One of the other guys in the Raid had that too but said he never redeemed his special codes. So now I wonder if I buy the deluxe digital version if I'd get that...

Oh - one more thing. One of the guys in the Raid got one of those new sparrows with the flames and barrel rolling ability in the post. No one else did. Then later I saw 3 guys playing around with those in the Walker area on earth. The guy who got it speculated that it is because he had the limited edition. One of the other guys in the Raid had that too but said he never redeemed his special codes. So now I wonder if I buy the deluxe digital version if I'd get that...
I got mine right at the reset from the Postmaster and I have the Digital Deluxe Edition.

This sparrow is in response to what they said a week or so back about those who have the DLC purchased already, that we would get a small surprise and then next to it there was a silhouette of a guy on a sparrow doing a trick.

Also, I am kind of annoyed that for the Iron Banner the Greaves are Rank 3 whereas the Gauntlets of course with my luck are Rank 4. I was hoping to nab the gauntlets with my Hunter and Warlock but that does not seem as likely anymore! Oh well, so long as I can get my Hunter those gauntlets and have her hit 30 as well.

[quote name="io" post="12248995" timestamp="1416312257"]The other group did invite me but we kind of rushed through the Raid just once. I didn't get the helm for my Warlock but I did get Praedyth's Timepiece and the raid cuirass so I can get my Warlock to 30 now. I still want the helm so I can use Sunbreakers, but that's OK.

I got the hard oracles checkpoint on my Titan. And I want to run the Raid on normal with my Hunter. So some time this week we need to run it on Normal and then quickly do the hard Oracles/Templar.

Like I said tomorrow it would have to be super early (like 4pm Pacific). Otherwise Wednesday is more open for me so maybe we could do it then.

Oh yeah, the Nightfall is Sepkis Prime. I managed to solo it with my Warlock and it didn't seem too bad. It has arc burn again so Fatebringer plus Epitaph got me through most of it. It was WAY easier to kill those captains in the first part than it was last time we had this one. I only had to self-res once and that was early on. Unfortunately most of the Vandals and Shanks seem to have arc damage and those Vandals can get you with their chasing shots.

Interestingly enough, the Heroic Weekly also has Arc Burn. So that should make it much, much easier than it usually is. That should be no problem to solo with the checkpoints.

I got some oddball pulse rifle out of the Nightfall that I had never seen before. I forgot the name. But I am actually really liking the Praedyth's Timepiece.

And it is so nice to have the 10 bounty slots. I am grinding 2 pieces of armor now (I'm switching out my gloves to get better stats in addition to the new cuirass I got). Unfortunately everything seems to need helium which is the one resource I don't have stockpiles of.

Oh - one more thing. One of the guys in the Raid got one of those new sparrows with the flames and barrel rolling ability in the post. No one else did. Then later I saw 3 guys playing around with those in the Walker area on earth. The guy who got it speculated that it is because he had the limited edition. One of the other guys in the Raid had that too but said he never redeemed his special codes. So now I wonder if I buy the deluxe digital version if I'd get that...[/quote]
I am free pretty much any evening. Starting after 10 for me tonight might be pushing it. That early morning alarm comes way too fast.

I see Iron Banner is live and I can get boots at rank 3.  Just two ranks to go.  Looks like I know what I will be working on this week...

Any chance I can snag an Oracle Hard save from someone?  I'm desperately trying to get the last raid pieces for my Hunter & Warlock.  Also want a Fatebringer so badly.  I am also down to raid whenever I'm on so feel free to add me. 

Hunter is 29, Same with my Warlock.

Have maxed:  Atheons Epilogue, Praedyths Revenge, Vision of Confluence, Gjallarhorn, Suros Regime.  Also have a couple maxed Fusion Rifles etc...

My normal raid group clears in like 30 minutes, so I have plenty of experience.  Just haven't been able to get on at the same times as those guys lately.  I'm also always more than willing to help just to play, even if I have finished the raid for the week.  :D

Any chance I can snag an Oracle Hard save from someone? I'm desperately trying to get the last raid pieces for my Hunter & Warlock. Also want a Fatebringer so badly. I am also down to raid whenever I'm on so feel free to add me.
I have it. I can pass it to you from my Titan if you pass it back to my Hunter afterwards ;).

Are we going to have enough to Raid here soon? Otherwise I need to work. Yeah, I'd be skipping work to Raid with you guys (I'll make it up later tonight). The harder part might be kicking my son off the Xbox One though.

I also have like 4 Fatebringers. Wish we could trade!

Oh, also, for those that want to Raid and haven't fired up the game since early yesterday, you better do it now as the patch is 2.2GB and people were having trouble downloading it last night. Get that done now since we won't have time to wait around.

Edit: I'll be on by 4:20 or so but will need to start the Raid immediately at that point since I have to wrap it up by 6.

Well, no one was really around so I jumped into the Nigthfall with Sinfulfate. I don't know what's up with Nightfall rewards this week but in my 2 runs this week I've gotten by far the crappiest rewards in my 5 weeks of running it - just two legendary weapons, including one I already had. Hell, I'd prefer the 7 coins to that.

Then something strange happened. I went to the Moon to do patrol and got in a public event. So far so good. But then I noticed that I was getting no drops for my patrol mission after that. I was for killing Vandals and I killed at least 10 without the induction rod or whatever appearing. So I abandoned that one and then went to the next zone. There the same thing happened - this time it was an easy one just collecting stuff from any Fallen. I got nothing. Then the Walker showed up and even though I did most of the work on killing it, the public event never triggered for me. I quit after that.

I've got a few completed bounties on my Hunter but want to wait to see if I can get some Raid gear before redeeming those. Is anyone up for the Raid tomorrow, or should I just run it with randoms tonight to be sure I get it done? It seems like everyone is playing other games now. Even if I run it with randoms, I'll still have the hard Oracles checkpoint that we can do really quick. In fact I'd really like to transfer that from my Titan to my Hunter so I can get another chance for armor drops for her.

I've had a couple of instances lately where the Patrol items dropped through the bottom of the map. I could see the icon but couldn't collect it.

Well, no one was really around so I jumped into the Nigthfall with Sinfulfate. I don't know what's up with Nightfall rewards this week but in my 2 runs this week I've gotten by far the crappiest rewards in my 5 weeks of running it - just two legendary weapons, including one I already had. Hell, I'd prefer the 7 coins to that.

Then something strange happened. I went to the Moon to do patrol and got in a public event. So far so good. But then I noticed that I was getting no drops for my patrol mission after that. I was for killing Vandals and I killed at least 10 without the induction rod or whatever appearing. So I abandoned that one and then went to the next zone. There the same thing happened - this time it was an easy one just collecting stuff from any Fallen. I got nothing. Then the Walker showed up and even though I did most of the work on killing it, the public event never triggered for me. I quit after that.

I've got a few completed bounties on my Hunter but want to wait to see if I can get some Raid gear before redeeming those. Is anyone up for the Raid tomorrow, or should I just run it with randoms tonight to be sure I get it done? It seems like everyone is playing other games now. Even if I run it with randoms, I'll still have the hard Oracles checkpoint that we can do really quick. In fact I'd really like to transfer that from my Titan to my Hunter so I can get another chance for armor drops for her.
We are busy with Iron Ban- I mean Dragon Cry 5 ;). Well I was down to play but it looks like more Microsoft XBL issues tonight.

I've had a couple of instances lately where the Patrol items dropped through the bottom of the map. I could see the icon but couldn't collect it.
Yeah, that has happened before. But this was different - nothing was popping at all for the items. I've never seen that in 300+ hours of game time.

I'm down for a raid whenever. If you see me online send an invite. The only time I might decline is if it is getting late and we probably wouldn't finish until after 11 central.

Servers are all messed up. I can't see my friends list or get matchmaking to work. If you're doing nightfall or vog and can see me on your list send an invite.

Also, I signed up for the expansion pass and got the new sparrow.

[quote name="gotdott" post="12251083" timestamp="1416363540"]IF[/quote]
Yep... Got my bills paid and decided to do some iron banner... I've managed to get to the tower and land on Mars. Even Microsoft (or more likely script kiddies) doesn't want me to get my boots.

Servers are all messed up. I can't see my friends list or get matchmaking to work. If you're doing nightfall or vog and can see me on your list send an invite.

Also, I signed up for the expansion pass and got the new sparrow.
You got the sparrow after you signed up just today? Or had you gotten the pass before?

I'll spring for it now if I can get the sparrow.

Iron Banner is even more reason for me to hate PvP. It is taking people's attention away from the Raid and Nightfall ;).

I wish they'd introduce some new PvE event that is team-based. Sort of like a mini-Raid or something. But of course that would require new actual content. Though they could just use the multiplayer maps but make it waves of enemies to coop against.

In an hour I did manage to go up 1/4 a level. That's not terrible. I feel like it will be the beat way to get my boots. I'm sure once I get them my next raid drop will be boots.

They could bring back the Queen event and actually allow you to dismantle stuff for shards... And maybe even increase the light level to 30 to make it worth it. I'm all for having more armor that gets you to 30 just so not every class needs to look the same.

Yeah, I signed up today and got it. Not sure if it made a difference, but I signed up for it on the website before firing up my box for the first time since reset. That said it wasn't at the postmaster until I got the popup saying the expansion download was complete. If you're going to buy it anyway, might as well give it a try.

I just completed nightfall and, of course, got the same exotic helmet I bought from Xur this weekend (with a significantly lower roll).

The only reason I haven't bought it yet is that I am going back and forth on getting the Deluxe Digital version or just the pass. I have extra money sitting on my account to cover the whole thing and I could sell the disc. The main reason would be because my son is playing other games now and I'm getting annoyed switching the disc so often ;).

It just annoys me that the disc is available new in the low $40 range and yet, of course, the digital is still full price.

Just saw this on destinyflg.net:

LFM #MIC #lfm Need one for Atheon, kicked a noob who couldnt do the jumps leading up to the door.
That's cold. Just get to the Atheon door checkpoint and then invite him back in!

I have it. I can pass it to you from my Titan if you pass it back to my Hunter afterwards ;).Are we going to have enough to Raid here soon? Otherwise I need to work. Yeah, I'd be skipping work to Raid with you guys (I'll make it up later tonight). The harder part might be kicking my son off the Xbox One though.I also have like 4 Fatebringers. Wish we could trade!Oh, also, for those that want to Raid and haven't fired up the game since early yesterday, you better do it now as the patch is 2.2GB and people were having trouble downloading it last night. Get that done now since we won't have time to wait around.Edit: I'll be on by 4:20 or so but will need to start the Raid immediately at that point since I have to wrap it up by 6.
Cool! Deal! I'll add you on XBL tomorrow io!

I ran the Raid with randoms tonight and did it all without comms. The party chat was making the game run in slow motion like last night so we ditched that. But for some reason I couldn't hear anything in the fireteam chat (which worked for me the night before). I even quit and came back in and that didn't fix it. It seemed like all the others were talking.

In any case, it was no big deal since I've done it so many times. I was the only 29 with a bunch of 27's and 28's and we cruised through it pretty easily despite the lack of comms on my part.

Oh yeah, I got jack squat for it. Just a bunch of mats, my 4th Vision of Confluence and, yeah, another Chatterwhite. I need two normal Raid pieces for my Hunter and was hoping I'd pull at least one of them.

Oh well - I still want to run the Hard Oracles checkpoint with that character since I have another two chances for the gear from that.

Just to give people a heads up, if you use the tempered boost it takes effect immediately.  It isn't a consumable.  It also lasts for 12 hours after which you can purchase another one.  I haven't used one myself because I thought it was only a one shot use.  I was going to save it for the weekend so I could get full use of it and the buff would be higher, but now I might just get one each night I'm playing.

I ran the Raid with randoms tonight and did it all without comms. The party chat was making the game run in slow motion like last night so we ditched that. But for some reason I couldn't hear anything in the fireteam chat (which worked for me the night before). I even quit and came back in and that didn't fix it. It seemed like all the others were talking.

In any case, it was no big deal since I've done it so many times. I was the only 29 with a bunch of 27's and 28's and we cruised through it pretty easily despite the lack of comms on my part.

Oh yeah, I got jack squat for it. Just a bunch of mats, my 4th Vision of Confluence and, yeah, another Chatterwhite. I need two normal Raid pieces for my Hunter and was hoping I'd pull at least one of them.

Oh well - I still want to run the Hard Oracles checkpoint with that character since I have another two chances for the gear from that.
Fireteam chat seems to be the way to go, since the update, because Party Chat appears to cause lots of lag. It also didn't help that Azure as having all sorts of issues last night.

No Tumbler for me yet. When I visit the Tower nothing is there, as I walk away from the postmaster I see a green diamond icon, like I have something waiting for me, but when I go towards it it disappears.

Tried reinstalling the season pass and nothing :/

^ So you had the pass from before but didn't get the sparrow?

And hey, I see you playing Destiny a lot, but you never join our Raid group. You should check it out.

Fireteam chat seems to be the way to go, since the update, because Party Chat appears to cause lots of lag. It also didn't help that Azure as having all sorts of issues last night.
So is there something obvious I am missing? I could not join the Fireteam chat. I looked all over the menus and saw a setting to "Manually opt-in" to fireteam chat. But how do you do that? The other day it was just automatic for me. This time even when I left and re-joined with an invite it didn't work. Was that just a glitch or is there something you do in the menus to join up? I even tried googling it while in the midst of the Raid and all I got were links to the patch adding the public fireteam chat in the Tower (something else I don't quite follow). In the Tower I see messages pop up saying so-and-so has joined the public chat (or something to that effect). I don't get what that is either and I see no options while in the Tower (or on a fireteam) to "join" anything manually.

Is the microphone icon showing up by your name in the roster? If not try opening party, highlight yourself and switch to game chat. It worked for me yesterday (hadn't been in a party previously, so not sure why it happened, I was the only person in the party).

No Tumbler for me yet. When I visit the Tower nothing is there, as I walk away from the postmaster I see a green diamond icon, like I have something waiting for me, but when I go towards it it disappears.

Tried reinstalling the season pass and nothing :/
I was getting the green diamond thing last night too. And it was driving me nuts figuring out what I was missing.

BTW, I haven't dl'd my season pass yet so it wasn't that.

So is there something obvious I am missing? I could not join the Fireteam chat. I looked all over the menus and saw a setting to "Manually opt-in" to fireteam chat. But how do you do that? The other day it was just automatic for me. This time even when I left and re-joined with an invite it didn't work. Was that just a glitch or is there something you do in the menus to join up? I even tried googling it while in the midst of the Raid and all I got were links to the patch adding the public fireteam chat in the Tower (something else I don't quite follow). In the Tower I see messages pop up saying so-and-so has joined the public chat (or something to that effect). I don't get what that is either and I see no options while in the Tower (or on a fireteam) to "join" anything manually.
I think you hit select then right on the d-pad to enter fireteam chat. I was using it during IB and there you get a prompt as you first load in to activate it.

Is the microphone icon showing up by your name in the roster? If not try opening party, highlight yourself and switch to game chat. It worked for me yesterday (hadn't been in a party previously, so not sure why it happened, I was the only person in the party).
The mic was there but kind of grayed out relative to the others. I had the option to open the party thing but when I did it just wanted me to start one up so I didn't think that would do anything.

We were in a Party originally but when we decided to ditch it I left the Party. If I knew there was a way to switch right to game chat from there I would have done that. Next time I'll look for that first. Though like I said I definitely didn't do that the other day - I was just automatically in the fireteam chat when we ended the party.

I think you hit select then right on the d-pad to enter fireteam chat. I was using it during IB and there you get a prompt as you first load in to activate it.
Using the d-pad? What horrible UI design since it isn't used for anything else but gestures. I definitely didn't see any prompt for it. If it showed up it didn't last long. It was definitely hard trying to figure this all out while fighting praetorians and the like. They need to make the automatic and easy: if you aren't in a Party, you are in Fireteam chat.

Is "select" the one that brings up your ghost and then lets you go to orbit and such? That would definitely be the place to DISPLAY something about the chat being turned on or off - but there was definitely nothing there. Or in the options screen where you can toggle between the baffling options of "Opt-in Manually" or "Automatically join when Solo" have something that says what to do to "opt-in manually".

^ I haven't dug in that deep yet on all the settings.  I just was following what others told me.

And yes, it was the button that brings up your ghost.  Only you hit right on the d-pad to activate and left to deactivate.  I think everyone, by default, is set to manually opt-in.

If it even so much as displayed your status on that screen, though, I might have been able to figure it out. But there's no way of knowing that is even where you make the change. This is an example of streamlining an interface a little too much. Besides, I'd think voice control options would be in the roster section (you know, where you see the mic icons), not there. You'd think maybe that would be an option when you click on your own name in the fireteam roster. That's where I'd put it if I was designing the UI (which I do from time to time by the way).

I also messaged 2 of the people that were in the Raid asking them how to do it (during the Raid) and neither responded. Oh well, like I said I was able to cruise through it without voice (not hearing them either) and it worked out OK.

So is anyone up for running the Hard Oracles checkpoint right now? If you haven't done the Raid this week and will be too busy with other games this is a great way to try to score some gear super-quick. 20-30 minutes max and 2 checkpoints with double-loot drops (and 3 chests in the Gorgon area with one having double-loot drop). I have to leave in an hour so if we could start it up quick that would be great. We can probably do it with 4 or 5. I'll also be back again after 7:30 Pacific if you want to run it then.

I'll get on at 5:30 (10 minutes) and see if anyone is around. I messaged a few people who are playing right now but I only see 2 CAGs playing Destiny and we'd need at least 1 but probably 2 more.

If it even so much as displayed your status on that screen, though, I might have been able to figure it out. But there's no way of knowing that is even where you make the change. This is an example of streamlining an interface a little too much. Besides, I'd think voice control options would be in the roster section (you know, where you see the mic icons), not there. You'd think maybe that would be an option when you click on your own name in the fireteam roster. That's where I'd put it if I was designing the UI (which I do from time to time by the way).

I also messaged 2 of the people that were in the Raid asking them how to do it (during the Raid) and neither responded. Oh well, like I said I was able to cruise through it without voice (not hearing them either) and it worked out OK.

So is anyone up for running the Hard Oracles checkpoint right now? If you haven't done the Raid this week and will be too busy with other games this is a great way to try to score some gear super-quick. 20-30 minutes max and 2 checkpoints with double-loot drops (and 3 chests in the Gorgon area with one having double-loot drop). I have to leave in an hour so if we could start it up quick that would be great. We can probably do it with 4 or 5. I'll also be back again after 7:30 Pacific if you want to run it then.

I'll get on at 5:30 (10 minutes) and see if anyone is around. I messaged a few people who are playing right now but I only see 2 CAGs playing Destiny and we'd need at least 1 but probably 2 more.
Did you get enough people? I wouldnt mind a quick jump on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back