Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to get rid of my Destiny disc and get it digitally on both systems (my 360 is on a different TV, one I don't have to share). My question is, if I bought the One expansion pass already will it apply to both, or would I have needed to buy it through 360?

It'd be nicer if you could get the 360 version, just to take advantage of the free upgrade deal.  Don't think you can unlock the other version if you're buying the  X1 version.

May not matter after this holiday, but I still have a few friends that haven't upgraded from last gen, so it'd be nice to have both available.

Are we doing Raid tonight (as in now)?

So this other group I do hard mode with was talking about their birthdays and it turns out they are all early 20's with some even talking about finals and stuff. Man that made me feel old. At least some of you guys have kids so I don't feel quite so old when running it with you ;).

I see 4 CAGs on right now (Glock, Gotdott, Rad, and Broly). I could get on for Raid or Weekly (already did Nightfall x 3).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="RADa5AURU5" post="12269636" timestamp="1416961574"]I'd like to get rid of my Destiny disc and get it digitally on both systems (my 360 is on a different TV, one I don't have to share). My question is, if I bought the One expansion pass already will it apply to both, or would I have needed to buy it through 360?[/quote]
It only goes forward, not back. If you had it on 360 you'd be fine upgrading, but not the other way around.

Not a bad week on Raid so far. I got the Warlock helm on my hard mode run last night, which allows me finally to use my Sunbreakers. Then tonight with the CAG group I finally got the Hunter boots. I still need the chest piece, but I do already have a maxed exotic chest armor so I can hit 30 on that character. If I can get a hold of a Lucky Raspberry I'll probably switch to that - though I'd prefer Knucklehead Radar (helm). Otherwise I can just wait for the next Raid for that chest piece since I'll need a new one then anyway (to get to 32).

I still have the hard Oracles checkpoint on my Titan if you guys want to run it some time this weekend. I'll probably just run a "casual" normal Raid with my level 30 Titan (offering to run with newbies maybe on destinylfg) late at night before that. I probably won't have early evening time to do the Hard checkpoint until Saturday or Sunday. I played most of this evening and my wife wasn't too pleased - I'll definitely be taking a break from the game (at least prior to 11pm Pacific) the next few days ;).

The end of that Raid we just did didn't end up being all that casual, though. It took us way too long to defeat Atheon. Gatekeepers were tough as well but it was nice to run the Relic there as I had never done that before (only on the Oracles part with Atheon).

My main goal over the next two weeks (before the DLC) will be to level up those armor pieces I just got and top off a few more primary weapons (Last Word and Praedyth's Timepiece) as well as the rocket launcher I just got from the Nightfall - Admonisher III which apparently is a New Monarchy weapon that can only be obtained from the Nightfall at least according to this page: http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Admonisher_III

Like I said before, it has Arc damage which will be nice on future Nightfalls and possibly the next Raid.

And here's the weapon everyone is going to want from the next Raid:
http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon%27s_Breath

Too bad it is also solar damage like Gjallarhorn (and the current Raid RL, Hezen Vengeance).

That definitely took longer than it should of last night. I had fun through. Still no arms for my titan, but I did get 23 shards, so I'll be ready when I do get them haha.

I came pretty close to falling asleep during oracles at the end, playing Destiny until 2am the last 3 nights is catching uo to me.

That was fun last night, so thanks for the invites, Got and io.  I hadn't really played Destiny for at least two weeks and it was fun to get back to it.  I'll be damned if I can't get an armor drop from that friggin raid, though.  I did pick up the Vision of Confluence, and I'm a big scout rifle fan, so that was good. 

That was fun last night, so thanks for the invites, Got and io. I hadn't really played Destiny for at least two weeks and it was fun to get back to it. I'll be damned if I can't get an armor drop from that friggin raid, though. I did pick up the Vision of Confluence, and I'm a big scout rifle fan, so that was good.
VoC is my go to all purpose gun! With the new DLC being 29.66 vs 30 won't make a huge difference but I am sure having solid weapons will! Especially seeing as the Wizards have Solar Shields so most people are assuming Solar damage will be the type of choice for the Raid.

Not a bad week on Raid so far. I got the Warlock helm on my hard mode run last night, which allows me finally to use my Sunbreakers. Then tonight with the CAG group I finally got the Hunter boots. I still need the chest piece, but I do already have a maxed exotic chest armor so I can hit 30 on that character. If I can get a hold of a Lucky Raspberry I'll probably switch to that - though I'd prefer Knucklehead Radar (helm). Otherwise I can just wait for the next Raid for that chest piece since I'll need a new one then anyway (to get to 32).I still have the hard Oracles checkpoint on my Titan if you guys want to run it some time this weekend. I'll probably just run a "casual" normal Raid with my level 30 Titan (offering to run with newbies maybe on destinylfg) late at night before that. I probably won't have early evening time to do the Hard checkpoint until Saturday or Sunday. I played most of this evening and my wife wasn't too pleased - I'll definitely be taking a break from the game (at least prior to 11pm Pacific) the next few days ;).The end of that Raid we just did didn't end up being all that casual, though. It took us way too long to defeat Atheon. Gatekeepers were tough as well but it was nice to run the Relic there as I had never done that before (only on the Oracles part with Atheon).My main goal over the next two weeks (before the DLC) will be to level up those armor pieces I just got and top off a few more primary weapons (Last Word and Praedyth's Timepiece) as well as the rocket launcher I just got from the Nightfall - Admonisher III which apparently is a New Monarchy weapon that can only be obtained from the Nightfall at least according to this page: http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Admonisher_IIILike I said before, it has Arc damage which will be nice on future Nightfalls and possibly the next Raid.And here's the weapon everyone is going to want from the next Raid:http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_BreathToo bad it is also solar damage like Gjallarhorn (and the current Raid RL, Hezen Vengeance).
Lucky Raspberry is so awesome. That's what I rock on my Hunter. Speaking of which, I had been after a raid helm so I could continue to rock it and snagged a raid helm last night! Decided to try for a oracle save to hand out as well so I did the raid on my lock with LFG people and got a warlock helm as well.

My loot drops are still ridiculous. Got a 2nd Foil and 2nd Fatebringer too.

Also good to finally play with you io. Your timing was impeccable last night ;)

VoC is my go to all purpose gun!
Hey Broly, do you find that VoC stops firing even though you're holding down the trigger?

I've only had mine for a couple of nights, so it's got auto mode unlocked. But I've had several times where it stops firing mid clip. I have to let go and pull the trigger again to get it going.

Hey Broly, do you find that VoC stops firing even though you're holding down the trigger?

I've only had mine for a couple of nights, so it's got auto mode unlocked. But I've had several times where it stops firing mid clip. I have to let go and pull the trigger again to get it going.
It has happened a few times to me yeah but nothing to the point of being truly bothersome, I always just say the gun locked up for a second haha : P

It has happened a few times to me yeah but nothing to the point of being truly bothersome, I always just say the gun locked up for a second haha : P
Ah, ok then.

I thought my controller was going bad after the first couple times it happened. Then I thought I needed to hit max level to make it function right.

Ah, ok then.

I thought my controller was going bad after the first couple times it happened. Then I thought I needed to hit max level to make it function right.
You shouldn't trust Broly, I saw him post in the black friday deals thread that he's gone through 3 controllers!

Yeah, I've never had VoC lock up on me. Sounds like a controller trigger problem ;).

VoC is my go to all purpose gun! With the new DLC being 29.66 vs 30 won't make a huge difference but I am sure having solid weapons will! Especially seeing as the Wizards have Solar Shields so most people are assuming Solar damage will be the type of choice for the Raid.
If solar damage is good in the next raid, then I'd better work on Hezen Vengeance. Then I can have VoC primary (with Vex Mythoclast as an alt - especially if they re-buff it for PvE), Ice Breaker special, and Hezen Vengeance heavy (with Gjallahorn as an alt). Actually, if I do that then I'll have a set for each elemental type. That means I should also probably work on my exotic void rocket launcher (Truth I think) as well. Hey - at least all of this gives me something to do till the DLC.

So by the time of the next DLC I ought to have the following maxed out sets:

Solar: VoC (alt. Mythoclast), Ice Breaker, Hezen Vengeance (alt. Gjallahorn)
Void: Atheon's Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge, Unfriendly Giant (alt. Truth)
Arc: Fatebringer (alt. Praedyth's Timepiece), Epitaph, Admonisher III

I guess the only thing I could add to that is a legendary solar sniper to use instead of Icebreaker if I find that I want to use one of the other exotics more often. I must have one of those somewhere amongst my 3 characters! Oh yeah, and Dragon's Breath will be an exotic solar rocket launcher and I think I will want to be using that if and when I get it so a legendary solar sniper to use along with it is a good idea.

I havent even started using the VoC yet. Guess I should get started on that tonight.
Yep, do that. I use it all the time too. While on patrol I am usually working on some other weapon (like Last Word) but as soon as a Warsat or Target event shows up I switch to VoC to take things out quick.

I guess the only thing I could add to that is a legendary solar sniper to use instead of Icebreaker if I find that I want to use one of the other exotics more often. I must have one of those somewhere amongst my 3 characters! Oh yeah, and Dragon's Breath will be an exotic solar rocket launcher and I think I will want to be using that if and when I get it so a legendary solar sniper to use along with it is a good idea.
I've been doing this.

Have an Epitaph & Unfriendly Giant with solar to use as backups to Ice Breaker & Gjallahorn.

Bought Truth even though I already had Admonisher with Void maxed out.

Bought Patience & Time even though I already had another Epitaph with ARC maxed out.

Of course I'm super low on energy needed to upgrade a bunch of weapons. Might be because I've been creating this frickin arsenal :lol:

BTW, I'm also leveling another Atheon's Epilogue & Praedyth's Revenge just so I don't have to keep moving those weapons back and forth between toons (that's become very annoying to me).

aFrostyONE said:
BTW, I'm also leveling another Atheon's Epilogue & Praedyth's Revenge just so I don't have to keep moving those weapons back and forth between toons (that's become very annoying to me).
I did level up 2 Icebreakers and am halfway on a third (though I stopped working on that when I started getting all the Raid weapons). I still have a decent amount of energy from the Raids, but nothing like the number of shards I have. I'll have to count 'em up but I have at least 60-70 shards and probably 20 energy now.

My main reason to run Raid at this point would be to get more energy.

BxJoka814 said:
I need 112 spirit bloom. That alone makes me want to stop playing :bomb:
Indeed - the thing limiting me most in upgrading weapons and armor is not the ascendant mats but the stupid base upgrade material. For me it seems like I need Helium for everything and that was the one thing I had almost none of.

Last night I got the Raid armor pieces I snagged this week levelled up and now all three of my characters are 30! I still want the Hunter chest armor (so I can switch to an exotic helm), but otherwise I'm good from the Raid.

And to top it off I finally got the one exotic bounty I was looking for (the only other one besides Super Good Advice that doesn't require Crucible stuff). I guess it is for the fusion rifle. I'm at the point of having to disassemble rare or higher fusion rifles for it. Fortunately I had saved a few rares and have some duplicate legendaries. Then I have to do the Nightfall kills. But at least that gives me something to do for now.

I did find one legendary sniper with solar damage so I'm working on that as well.

But after finishing off my armor and Last Word here is what I have in stock across my Vault and all 3 characters:

Ascendant Energy: 78
Ascendant Shards: 116
Motes of Light: 112
Strange Coins: 158 (and I didn't even bother with the Weekly this week)

Bring it on Xur!

Oh yeah, and Chatterwhite: 11 (and I think I discarded a few earlier)

I'm still hoping they will add the ability to trade/sell/exchange legendary stuff in some way so that's why I've held on to so many up till now...

There was a small hotfix that installed last night - I can't seem to find out what it changed though.

I'm sitting on 162 shards and 92 energy.  Have 2 30s and leveling up a warlock right now when I've nothing else to do.  Leveling up my Praetorian Foil right now then I'll have all raid weapons maxed out.  Then I want to finish leveling a few more exotics.

I wish I could buy materials like spinmetal and whatnot with vanguard marks.  I don't have much use for them.  I can buy gear and dismantle it but I'm swimming in shards right now.  All my characters have the raid sparrow so I don't really want to buy a sparrow with marks.

Yeah, the most time I've ever spent on games was like 160 hours on DQ IX and Xenoblade Chronicles and maybe a few other JRPGs. I might have been just over that on Dark Souls II. I'm close to 400 now on Destiny with no end in sight. And I don't even play Crucible!

And to top it off I finally got the one exotic bounty I was looking for (the only other one besides Super Good Advice that doesn't require Crucible stuff). I guess it is for the fusion rifle. I'm at the point of having to disassemble rare or higher fusion rifles for it. Fortunately I had saved a few rares and have some duplicate legendaries. Then I have to do the Nightfall kills. But at least that gives me something to do for now.
This website makes getting the rare fusion rifles easy: http://isthegunsmithsellingrarefusionrifles.com

I'm currently maxing my Pocket Infinity; it's alright, but the recoil makes full auto pretty useless IMO.

So I haven't played anything but Destiny since it launched, I'm really wanting to play Bayonetta 2 and I have a pretty extensive PS3/360 back-catalog, but for some reason I decided I bought a PS4 today. I was out BF shopping and popped into Meijer just to see if they still had the GTA5/TLOU bundle with $50 gift card, you know, just for interest sake. Well they did, so I left with one. I have a problem.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
I'm sure Xur will have a thanksgiving feast of new items for us in a few hours... :beer:
I've got just 10 minutes before I can check. Hope I'm not disappointed.

I bought the Guardian Edition for $79.99 ($10 off) which is a slightly better discount than the earlier leak indicated. So I'm happy with that - will have to see if I get my trick Sparrow too.

Exotic Weapon - Plan C

Hunter Armour - Crest of Alpha Lupi

Warlock Armour - Voidfang Vestments

Titan Armour - The Armamentarium

Exotic Engram - Gauntlets

Yeah, that armor consists of multiple repeats too. I have so many motes I might as well get the gauntlet engram as I only have one single exotic gauntlet (Sunbreakers). I was going to try to get them on my Hunter but I forgot and just quit the game. I'm not sure if it makes any different but I figure if there is a better chance it is with the character you want them for.

I went on destinylfg with my level 30 Titan to do a random Raid run. I usually get pulled into groups with relatively low level people when doing it on Normal but not this time. This was like 4 30's and 2 29's. We breezed through the Raid pretty quickly. It was definitely under an hour. However, the guys were dicks and didn't wait at the chests and I missed out on TWO of them as a result. The chest you get for keeping the Templar from teleporting goes away pretty damn fast. I was on my way through the tunnel and they were all coming out blocking my way. By the time I got in I watched it disappear. Then they got the one down below and immediately rushed off and got killed by the Gorgons. That closed the door to the second chest right in front of me! Then they kept running off in different directions at the Gorgons. I did get the one there, but, man, considering I was doing this for ascendant energy I was pretty pissed that they hurried through those 2 chests. I almost just bailed on them then. We wiped a few times on Gatekeepers just due to lack of communication but then we wiped Atheon almost in one teleport. I took him out while defending the portal just as the guys came out the second time. Got shards + Chatterwhite. So yeah, I didn't even get any ascendant energy the whole time. Just shards + Chatterwhite + Corrective Measure.

This is on my Titan where I have the hard Oracles checkpoint though so if you guys run that with me this weekend I can pick up those two chests again. I almost feel like I have to at this point to make up for that.

Before that I had checked out the weapon seller and what do you know, he was selling the rare fusion rifle. So I got that part of the exotic bounty done. You were right Rad about it just being a few hours because when I went back there just before quitting he wasn't selling it any more.

After the Raid I switched to my Warlock and worked on the Nightfall fusion rifle kills. Fortunately I just maxed my Vex Mythoclast so that makes it much easier. I couldn't imagine doing that with a regular fusion rifle. This particular strike is tough though since there aren't many regular enemies near the beginning. You get all those shielded wizards and knights. I ran through twice to about the 2nd Dinklebot node decoding and ended up with about 60/200. The Mythoclast goes through ammo pretty quick though so I used up all my synths in the process.

Same old shite from Xur, I guess they are just waiting until the expansion to show up before they switch things up (let's hope at least). I guess I'll just be saving my coins again.   It seems like they at least used to sell good weapons (Ice Breaker/Gjallahorn) but those haven't been around for a while.  When they sold Ice Breaker I thought everyone jumped on that and it seemed like everyone had one.  Now when I get into random groups people seem surprised when I start blowing things up with mine.  I guess maybe now that they added the explosion on every kill it stands out more?  It is still a beast though.

I would like to do the Hard raid from the Guardian still if people are interested or just Atheon. 

I still want to finish hard from gatekeeper. Still need boots and/or helm (few weapons I'd be happy with too, but really want to hit 30)

Stayed up way too late last night... like Xur late (I'm on eastern time)... and all I accomplished was the weekly, spent the rest of the time trying to find fireteams that just wouldn't come together.

Same old shite from Xur, I guess they are just waiting until the expansion to show up before they switch things up (let's hope at least). I guess I'll just be saving my coins again. It seems like they at least used to sell good weapons (Ice Breaker/Gjallahorn) but those haven't been around for a while. When they sold Ice Breaker I thought everyone jumped on that and it seemed like everyone had one. Now when I get into random groups people seem surprised when I start blowing things up with mine. I guess maybe now that they added the explosion on every kill it stands out more? It is still a beast though.

I would like to do the Hard raid from the Guardian still if people are interested or just Atheon.
Plan C and Last Word aren't good weapons??

Also what I wonder is if they are actually going to refresh Xur stock when the DLC comes out. If they add the new exotics to the pool then that takes value away from people who actually bought the DLC because everyone will have access to it. If they don't add it then they will actually feel like exotics, but I'm sure there will be people who complain.

[quote name="gotdott" post="12280967" timestamp="1417192104"]Plan C and Last Word aren't good weapons??

Also what I wonder is if they are actually going to refresh Xur stock when the DLC comes out. If they add the new exotics to the pool then that takes value away from people who actually bought the DLC because everyone will have access to it. If they don't add it then they will actually feel like exotics, but I'm sure there will be people who complain.[/quote]
I believe Bungie said that everybody will have access to the new gear, not just dlc owners. Not sure if that includes exotics.

I still want to finish hard from gatekeeper. Still need boots and/or helm (few weapons I'd be happy with too, but really want to hit 30)

Stayed up way too late last night... like Xur late (I'm on eastern time)... and all I accomplished was the weekly, spent the rest of the time trying to find fireteams that just wouldn't come together.
I saw you starting up a Raid after Xur time but then a few minutes later I looked and you were off. What happened there? I was worried the game was being glitchy again and booting people.

If you guys want to run hard through from the Oracles all the way to the end I'd be up for trying that. I can maybe do it this afternoon but I have to stop at around 5pm Pacific and couldn't play again until 9pm or so. If we want to plan to do it tonight (9pm Pacific) that would be even better. I know that's late for some of you, but it is Friday ;).

Plan C and Last Word aren't good weapons??
Should I buy Plan C? What is special about it? I just finished maxing out Last Word from last week.

Should I buy Plan C? What is special about it? I just finished maxing out Last Word from last week.
Was Last Word last week? I posted it and can't remember for sure, smh.

Someone told me to keep a notebook to track everything: raids, NF's, weekly's, etc. Now I know why :lol:

I saw you starting up a Raid after Xur time but then a few minutes later I looked and you were off. What happened there? I was worried the game was being glitchy again and booting people.

If you guys want to run hard through from the Oracles all the way to the end I'd be up for trying that. I can maybe do it this afternoon but I have to stop at around 5pm Pacific and couldn't play again until 9pm or so. If we want to plan to do it tonight (9pm Pacific) that would be even better. I know that's late for some of you, but it is Friday ;).

I'd be up for helping with my Hunter eventhough I'm done for the week. Also was wondering if I could snag the save from you for my Warlock before we do so, so I can help my other group of friends out with it.

Plan C is great - it has high accuracy and reduced charge time. The "Plan C" perk pretty much guarantees you can get off a shot right after switching to it.

Was Last Word last week? I posted it and can't remember for sure, smh.
Last week or the one before maybe. It might have been the Mida Multi-Tool last week.

I'd be up for helping with my Hunter eventhough I'm done for the week. Also was wondering if I could snag the save from you for my Warlock before we do so, so I can help my other group of friends out with it.
Yeah, sure.

Last week or the one before maybe. It might have been the Mida Multi-Tool last week.
Ah, that's gonna be it. I skipped Mida, hoping I would get VoC from the raid (which did drop for me,yay!)

Man, things are just blurring together.

Yeah, no way I can play now. I will check around 9pm tonight if enough are on for a quick hard Oracles run or even the full Raid (from Oracles).

Yeah, no way I can play now. I will check around 9pm tonight if enough are on for a quick hard Oracles run or even the full Raid (from Oracles).
I will probably be on about 15-20 min after this but I am committed to help you guys if you want to do a run!

I got into a party with these guys (but not a fireteam) and we milled around the tower for half an hour waiting for Xur and when we finally got into a fireteam I found out we only had one 30. There was no strategy and people kept dying so we had to wipe before killing the gatekeeper three times. There was absolutely no chance of beating gatekeepers with that group, so I just decided to cut my losses and get some sleep.

I definitely want to finish the raid on hard tonight, if I haven't already done it by midnight EST I'll jump in with you guys for the whole thing, either way I'll help with oracles

Yeah, I am only breaking free from the family just now. I assume you guys are all done for the night. Maybe we can try it some time this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back