Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Anyone else see this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hrpzx/ama_request_someone_from_bungie_or_activision_who/ckvowy2

Pretty interesting read on what went down during Destiny's last year of development.
I'm not convinced that's not a troll. He/she didn't provide a single piece of evidence that anything he/she is saying is true, and didn't provide any verifiable information (at least not anytime soon) other than what already came out with the leak bug a couple days before.

I'm not convinced that's not a troll. He/she didn't provide a single piece of evidence that anything he/she is saying is true, and didn't provide any verifiable information (at least not anytime soon) other than what already came out with the leak bug a couple days before.
Yes, there is no real proof in that post, but what is said in that post and this post is very convincing and makes a lot of sense. Most people wouldn't be giving that guy any attention if it didn't make a lot of sense. I think most agree that the story is weak and it feels like things are missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__RLhIfXkBo
shut+up.jpg

Yes, there is no real proof in that post, but what is said in that post and this post is very convincing and makes a lot of sense. Most people wouldn't be giving that guy any attention if it didn't make a lot of sense. I think most agree that the story is weak and it feels like things are missing.
FWIW (which may or may not be much, depending on your view), DeeJ responded here an hour or two ago, saying that that Redditor is a troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone up to level there alternates? I have both titan and warlock at lvl 9 right now. Just want a different challenge before i head back play my lcl 26 hunter.

FWIW (which may or may not be much, depending on your view), DeeJ responded here an hour or two ago, saying that that Redditor is a troll.
What it's worth really doesn't depend on your view though. It doesn't matter either way because you know that nobody from Bungie is going to come out and publicly confirm these negative things if they value their current job or potential future jobs. Their only options are to deny or not comment.

The guy could be a liar just looking for some attention or he could be a guy with some inside knowledge who understandably wants to protect his identity, but Bungie calling him a troll is irrelevant. I doubt anyone out there 100% thinks this guy is legit, that would be naive. The same can be said for anyone who 100% believes everything that comes out of Bungie.

Bottom line is a lot of people are disappointed in the story or lack of one. If their plan really was to cut things out and release them as DLC, I think that was a mistake. There are too many big releases coming out in the coming months for them to expect people to hang on and wait for the DLC hoping it gets better. DeeJ mentions DLC coming out in December. I think a lot of people will have moved on by then.

The flying sharks or whatever they are called have solar shields, you need a solar weap or damage multiplier weapon, other wise it takes forever to kill them. In the beginging of the mission or when you press start (like when you are trying to bring up orbit triangle) there should be 3 signs. 1 for EPIC mode, 2nd is damage weapon multiplier (I've always gotten arc for the earth mission, hence arc machine gun for the boss). With the solar sniper its 1 hit kill for the sharks, I don't have an arc sniper to try how many hits it would take.
I just did a Queen mission and thanks to your tips I completed it. Just took it slow, the biggest tip was the elemental one. Much easier when I took it into account. Finished the Black Garden easily using the elemental one needed.

Have you brought it to the Shipmaster or whatever? You cant preview them until you have encoded from her or whatever I have noticed otherwise it just shows what you already have equipped. This is what that ship looks like and as you can see it is drastically different than the CE ship
It never changes when I equip it and leave it equipped for an hour and do missions and shit

Trying to squeeze in a quick alt raid before the reset tomorrow. Need 2 more, anyone 26+ interested in downing the first 3 bosses, it'll be quick (45 mins or so). Please send me a msg on PSN: Defynorz

Took a quick crack at the raid tonight. ALMOST had the Templar down, but couldn't squeeze it out. Maybe next time.

Raid resets Tuesday morning like everything else, yeah? Not an individual one per team or anything like that?

Got a Raid Armor chest piece from the one event I hadnt finished this week! Phew, just in time! Now hopefully I can nab some more armor and shards tomorrow night!

Finally finished the raid. Best part of the game, imo! All I got was the shader lol. But I joined this group at the last section (Gatekeeper) so I wasn't expecting much. Looking forward doing the whole thing from start to finish and looting all of the chests next time.

The titan damage bubble makes the last boss laughably easy. For our first try over the weekend, the titan didnt have it unlocked. He went down really fast this time. It was like night and day.

Got my very first Legendary engram..  fuck dicktard turns it into a blue. I knew that was going to happen, but nothing I could do considering Bungie was going to turn it into a blue if I didn't use it.

So my after running through the Raid for like the 3rd time last night my buddies and I decided to just attempt it on Hard (level 30)

AND HOLY SH!!!!!T We got into the Vault (and found that the chests are a single open across both difficulties) but then were stuck at the first real event.

It is crazy. At 28 my rifle took decent concentrated bursts just to kill the goblins. Not to mention that when you die on Hard, you cannot be revived... I did not know that. I feel like the only way to run it on hard is when you are maxed at level 30 and even then it will be a hell of a challenge!

Definitely excites me though and gives me something concrete to work towards.

So my after running through the Raid for like the 3rd time last night my buddies and I decided to just attempt it on Hard (level 30)

AND HOLY SH!!!!!T We got into the Vault (and found that the chests are a single open across both difficulties) but then were stuck at the first real event.

It is crazy. At 28 my rifle took decent concentrated bursts just to kill the goblins. Not to mention that when you die on Hard, you cannot be revived... I did not know that. I feel like the only way to run it on hard is when you are maxed at level 30 and even then it will be a hell of a challenge!

Definitely excites me though and gives me something concrete to work towards.
So is there any incentive to beating it on Hard like more materials or xp?

So is there any incentive to beating it on Hard like more materials or xp?
Mythoclast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLq_FD4-jYE

Also, you can only earn rewards for beating each event within the Raid once per week, but you can technically get it twice a week if you play it on normal and then hard. The three chests in the Raid however can only be gotten once a week regardless of difficulty.

*EDIT*

Forgot that the Raid Armor set is different in hard mode as well. You have a chance to get Raid gear throughout the event and then Hard mode has its own set of slightly better gear than that even. So far I just have the normal Raid Chest piece.

Maxed out the striker skills on my Titan last night. So I switched it over to defender to start building that up.

Sadly, I keep forgetting that I no longer have my ground pound move and I get into some events where I go to use it and...

I blow a bubble. SMH

It was also weird being with out my double-jump until I unlocked it.

Got my very first Legendary engram.. fuck dicktard turns it into a blue. I knew that was going to happen, but nothing I could do considering Bungie was going to turn it into a blue if I didn't use it.
Yup annnd yup. Worst part, I think I got it as a gift from the cryptarch.

Mythoclast

Also, you can only earn rewards for beating each event within the Raid once per week, but you can technically get it twice a week if you play it on normal and then hard. The three chests in the Raid however can only be gotten once a week regardless of difficulty.

*EDIT*

Forgot that the Raid Armor set is different in hard mode as well. You have a chance to get Raid gear throughout the event and then Hard mode has its own set of slightly better gear than that even. So far I just have the normal Raid Chest piece.
So that's where that freaking gun comes from. Takes unfairness in PVP to another level after watching some of the videos in youtube. Sigh still at 24 so still some days until I get to Raid

It was also weird being with out my double-jump until I unlocked it.
Best bet when leveling up your other subclass is to simply change over to that subclass when you cash in bounties. Then once you have all your base skills you can go ahead and use the class regularly in combat.

^ also helpful for upgrading your backup weapons.
I was soooooo mad. I had 5 bounties for a total of like ~20,000 XP and I completely forgot to swap to my legendary shotgun because I had switched to a sniper for the one PvP match.. and of course that was just a rare sniper fully upgraded already. Bah. I was so frustrated.

Was soloing nightfall when I died. About to resurrect when the game delayed on me and said Darkness consumed me. I was about to fight the last boss. >

I know i read someone say the queen shader and emblem give bonus xp. But I think the robe and helmet count towards queen bonus bounties too. I was getting 181 xp from 100 xp bounties while wearing the queen helmet, robe, emblem, and shader. Im about 150 away from rank 2 where i can buy the class arm band.

Anyone need to do the Thorn Gun Exotic Bounty? Im on the last stage of this bounty and its to beat Xyor the unwed, which you have to do in the summoning pits on level 26 with epic modifier. :X  I spent the last hour or two getting 500 void points in pvp, now i feel like i just wasted my time.

Still waiting for that patch, then i'm gonna go back into Destiny
Yeah i have 5 legendary packets at the post office waiting for that update. :)

I ended the night 50 xp away from rank 2 for the queen. Tomorrow i should be able to get that class arm band finally. The 20 scout rifle head shots and 3 fallen walker kill bounties are annoying. I actually killed 5 walkers today to get it to register.

Once I get past the void part myself I will.
Ok cool. It took me a couple hours to get mine done. I had a sniper, fusion, and rocket launcher that all helped me get to mine. It wasnt too bad till i got around 450, then it seemed like things werent going my way. I think if i had a shotty that worked i would have done it even faster.

Looking to do the nightfall, and weekley heroic tomorrow night maybe.

Finished the part of my exotic bounty where i had to do 25 strikes. Now i have to wait for xur to open up shop on friday to actually finish it. I recommend The Nexus strike on Venus if you need to get some done and it doesnt matter if you die. That mission is pretty fast. Once you kill the three eyeballs at the beginning, you can just sprint past everything until you get to the boss.

Anyone lvl9? Anyone...Anyone..... Playing by myself here. Fun game but tired of playing solo all the time. Needs to be an easy way to group up.
And on the planet earth strike one player bailed at the start and we finished without a new player being added? Huh?

I'll join you guys if I am on when you want to do it and you need a third. I have needed to kill Xyor for a while now.

Yeah i have 5 legendary packets at the post office waiting for that update. :)

I ended the night 50 xp away from rank 2 for the queen. Tomorrow i should be able to get that class arm band finally. The 20 scout rifle head shots and 3 fallen walker kill bounties are annoying. I actually killed 5 walkers today to get it to register.

Ok cool. It took me a couple hours to get mine done. I had a sniper, fusion, and rocket launcher that all helped me get to mine. It wasnt too bad till i got around 450, then it seemed like things werent going my way. I think if i had a shotty that worked i would have done it even faster.

Looking to do the nightfall, and weekley heroic tomorrow night maybe.

Finished the part of my exotic bounty where i had to do 25 strikes. Now i have to wait for xur to open up shop on friday to actually finish it. I recommend The Nexus strike on Venus if you need to get some done and it doesnt matter if you die. That mission is pretty fast. Once you kill the three eyeballs at the beginning, you can just sprint past everything until you get to the boss.

Anyone need to do the Thorn Gun Exotic Bounty? Im on the last stage of this bounty and its to beat Xyor the unwed, which you have to do in the summoning pits on level 26 with epic modifier. :X I spent the last hour or two getting 500 void points in pvp, now i feel like i just wasted my time.
When ever any of the exotic bounties show up I do research to make sure the requirments are doable and worth it

bread's done
Back