Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Daily heroic story mission on level 28 will give two shards or energy that's what I've been doing but they don't like giving me shards lately

yo, had a brain fart. I wanted the legendary sniper rifle and ship from queens wrath kept getting hood and chest.

So I decided to do queens wrath with all 4 hood, chest, emblem, and shader on.

Got both a rifle and hood as rewards in 1 mission as soon as I killed the riksis and orb out.

Try it and see if it works for you.

yo, had a brain fart. I wanted the legendary sniper rifle and ship from queens wrath kept getting hood and chest.

Got both a rifle and hood as rewards in 1 mission as soon as I killed the riksis and orb out.

Just did it with

Queen Helmet

Queen Robe

Queen Class Arm Band

Queen Shader

Queen Emblem

Scout Rifle i bought from Queen

The Supremacy Sniper Rifle in special slot

.... and got my 7th robe to add to my inventory. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=8669:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412306210.425485.jpg]

Did the weekly heroic last night! I didnt have the right weapon on me so it took awhile for each boss to go down. But im happy.

Did that and yet another chest piece :drool:

Managed to solo the level 28 weekly strike after experimenting and finding a way to cheese it. Got 7 rare engram's between drops and rewards, but they all stayed rare when decrypted. Hoping for better luck when I try the Nightfall tomorrow.

Oh and another way to get ascendent items is from the public events on patrols they will occasionally drop upon completing them or for the first one you do that day you get one mailed to you. I also have a theory for getting the sniper rifle from the queens mission I will test when I get out of class today and let you guys know if anything comes of it

I tried using the Public Event website, but man have failed to get any of them. Right now its all about getting materials, which take grinding to an even higher level. You guys think upgrading my current legendary gear (queen's helmet, chest and 2 other random legs and arm) are worth the hassle or should I wait and try to see if I get better gear once I get a group that lets my Titan join? 

I personally have been holding off on any of the ascendent upgrades on legendaries because it seems better to save them for the raid legendaries that will get you to level 30

Managed to solo the level 28 weekly strike after experimenting and finding a way to cheese it. Got 7 rare engram's between drops and rewards, but they all stayed rare when decrypted. Hoping for better luck when I try the Nightfall tomorrow.
Curious how the last fight went for you. We were so close on the Nightfall that it hurt.

I tried using the Public Event website, but man have failed to get any of them. Right now its all about getting materials, which take grinding to an even higher level. You guys think upgrading my current legendary gear (queen's helmet, chest and 2 other random legs and arm) are worth the hassle or should I wait and try to see if I get better gear once I get a group that lets my Titan join?
I would upgrade to level 28. It makes the raid easier and you won't be dragging down the rest of the group. If you have an exotic piece that you're happy with dump your shards there first. Once you just hit 28 I wouldn't dump any more materials in any non-raid armor.

This helps:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2gltxy/how_i_maxed_out_my_vanguard_marks_in_under_4/

I dont understand how i can sticky someone in the crucible, i die, then my nade goes off and they dont even get damaged. Like their health literally doesnt move at all.

as a sunslinger as my main, this pisses me off.
Start looking for all the spartan helmets on titans too. I bought one with my warlock strange coins because im going to start a titan soon and love that helmet. Glad i was able to get it, but at the same time now everyone will have it. Im already seeing it more and more in the crucible. But whatever. Im making my Exo Titan a God of War theme. Exo is white with red mark on his eye, gunna buy the spartan emblem from the seeker i think, even though its 7 motes. Then use the Spartan Helmet. All i need is the "God of War" shader, there really is one called that. LOL It makes everything Red if i remember correctly.

Im really close to getting my bad juju gun. I think thats the one where you need to get 10,000 points in the crucible as the last challenge. Got so many exotic guns now i dont know which one to use most. But i think i like my sniper the best.

But yeah, im at the point with my warlock where there isnt much to do anymore. Just doing queen stuff, and these exotic gun bounties. Otherwise i cant really upgrade my character anymore (level 29) unless i get some new raid chest piece or boots.

I would upgrade to level 28. It makes the raid easier and you won't be dragging down the rest of the group. If you have an exotic piece that you're happy with dump your shards there first. Once you just hit 28 I wouldn't dump any more materials in any non-raid armor.
I'm actually wondering if the Helm of Saint-14 might be worth it. I think I'm missing like 3 coins, but it only has 1 more light than my Queen's Helmet. I wonder if spending my coins on it would be worth it

I'm actually wondering if the Helm of Saint-14 might be worth it. I think I'm missing like 3 coins, but it only has 1 more light than my Queen's Helmet. I wonder if spending my coins on it would be worth it
Exotics have a light cap of 30. That helm is really good, probably BiS for PvE. Question is whether you want your exotic armor to be a helm or chestpiece.

Sorta bittersweet moment for me last night. Got a legendary pulse rifle drop & a legendary titan mark drop... hit lvl 7 on Cryptarch, which said I would get at least one rare and one legendary... did a bunch of Queen's Wrath missions... AND I was slowly marching towards lvl 27.

Well the the cryptarch gift turned all blue and nothing better than my current gear... EVERY Queen mission gave me a helm or chest piece (ugh)... and I'm going backwards on light.

Stayed up late to see Xur. Wouldn't ya know the Titan exotic HAD to be a helmet. BTW I had been upgrading the Queen's helm since I thought it was cool enough and it pushed me into lvl 26.

Decide to hold off on the helmet and take a chance on the engram he's selling... it turned into a helmet worthy of Dead Mou5 (at least it's for a titan).

Gotta love it.

Overall defense should be higher, once upgraded right? And as I understand it light will also increase as you upgrade.

I'm basically giving up on my Queen's Helm to start upgrading the exotic I just got, "An Insurmountable Skullfort". Sucks but figure it will be better to build around the exotic than the legendary.

But I'm having the same problem on materials, NOT ENOUGH! At one point, I had tons of Helium and Spinmetal. Traded them into the quartermaster just for the hell of it. Didn't have any gear to use it on at the time anyway...

Curious how the last fight went for you. We were so close on the Nightfall that it hurt.
The last fight was pretty easy for me. This is the basic strategy I used. I actually had more trouble with the tank fight than I did with the last boss. I died a couple times on the tank until I found a hiding spot not shown in the video, but I didn't have any trouble with the last fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcSTtItU_Do

Yeah I have noticed that happening a few times as well. Sometimes I think it just looks like you got the sticky when you actually missed by a little bit and for a while I thought there might just be some moves that made the sticky fall off that I didn't know about, but I'm really not sure what's going on with that. I'm also in the same boat with exotics. Wish they would have mixed it up and done weapon and armor exotic bounties. I already have Bad Juju, Invective, Super Good Advice from bounties and I have the Thorn and Pocket Infinity bounties to finish at the moment. I also have Suros Regime from Xur and I got Gjallarhorn and Plan C from the crucible. Seems way to easy to get weapons compared to the randomness of Xur for armor.

I dont understand how i can sticky someone in the crucible, i die, then my nade goes off and they dont even get damaged. Like their health literally doesnt move at all.

Start looking for all the spartan helmets on titans too. I bought one with my warlock strange coins because im going to start a titan soon and love that helmet. Glad i was able to get it, but at the same time now everyone will have it. Im already seeing it more and more in the crucible. But whatever. Im making my Exo Titan a God of War theme. Exo is white with red mark on his eye, gunna buy the spartan emblem from the seeker i think, even though its 7 motes. Then use the Spartan Helmet. All i need is the "God of War" shader, there really is one called that. LOL It makes everything Red if i remember correctly.

Im really close to getting my bad juju gun. I think thats the one where you need to get 10,000 points in the crucible as the last challenge. Got so many exotic guns now i dont know which one to use most. But i think i like my sniper the best.

But yeah, im at the point with my warlock where there isnt much to do anymore. Just doing queen stuff, and these exotic gun bounties. Otherwise i cant really upgrade my character anymore (level 29) unless i get some new raid chest piece or boots.

Just saw the twiiter feed for Xur

https://twitter.com/whereisxur

This is kinda what it looked like last night when I went to see Xur... only picture another 10-15 guardians.

Actually found him quickly just because of all the ID's huddled in one little spot on the map :D

Too soon to say. Xur only had Exotic Armor Engrams so far, and he's only been here for how long? Four Weeks? :lol: . There may be a chance for Exotic Weapon Engrams. 

Sorta bittersweet moment for me last night. Got a legendary pulse rifle drop & a legendary titan mark drop... hit lvl 7 on Cryptarch, which said I would get at least one rare and one legendary... did a bunch of Queen's Wrath missions... AND I was slowly marching towards lvl 27.

Well the the cryptarch gift turned all blue and nothing better than my current gear... EVERY Queen mission gave me a helm or chest piece (ugh)... and I'm going backwards on light.

Stayed up late to see Xur. Wouldn't ya know the Titan exotic HAD to be a helmet. BTW I had been upgrading the Queen's helm since I thought it was cool enough and it pushed me into lvl 26.

Decide to hold off on the helmet and take a chance on the engram he's selling... it turned into a helmet worthy of Dead Mou5 (at least it's for a titan).

Gotta love it.

Overall defense should be higher, once upgraded right? And as I understand it light will also increase as you upgrade.

I'm basically giving up on my Queen's Helm to start upgrading the exotic I just got, "An Insurmountable Skullfort". Sucks but figure it will be better to build around the exotic than the legendary.

But I'm having the same problem on materials, NOT ENOUGH! At one point, I had tons of Helium and Spinmetal. Traded them into the quartermaster just for the hell of it. Didn't have any gear to use it on at the time anyway...
Holy cow that looks bad ass! I would like to get the engram from Xur, but taking a chance and getting something that is not for a Titan seems to risky imop.

Someone said you need a Exotic Helm to get to 30 since the raid drops only give Chest, Arms and Feet. 

So getting the helm now would be a good investment if you dont already have one.

Someone said you need a Exotic Helm to get to 30 since the raid drops only give Chest, Arms and Feet.

So getting the helm now would be a good investment if you dont already have one.
Pretty sure the normal raid does (I can't confirm), but it's just very rare (on normal) than the other three armor pieces as it only has a very slim chance to drop from one certain chest (I believe it's the loot from Atheon). On hard, you can find the normal helm for the set and the hard mode helm.

I have 76 Strange Coins but Xur has nothing I want. #firstworlddestinyproblems :(
You mean you don't want another pair of Sunbreaker Gauntlets? What's wrong with you.

Holy cow that looks bad ass! I would like to get the engram from Xur, but taking a chance and getting something that is not for a Titan seems to risky imop.
Yeah, guess it's a crapshoot.

But for me, I was really hoping for armor that's NOT a helm just because I had already upgraded the Queen's helm a bit. And figured with my luck, I would've ended up with 2 exotic helms and wasted my strange coins and motes.

Losing the shards (from Queens helm) stings the most... thinking of putting it in the vault just to wear it for Queen events.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna try and spam those missions tonight and see if I can't force the game to give me something different. Maybe it'll take pity on me and give me a new weapon :pray:. Plus, I want to hit lvl 2 on Queen's rank so I can get the titan mark.

Pretty sure the raid does (I can't confirm), but it's just very rare (on normal) than the other three armor pieces as it only has a very slim chance to drop from one certain chest (I think the one after Atheon). On hard, you can find the normal helm for the set and the hard mode helm.

You mean you don't want another pair of Sunbreaker Gauntlets? What's wrong with you.
Haven't gotten any raid armor yet. Only the same gun and same bond twice and shards/energy.

I should buy Sunbreaker and dismantle it for shards.

I'm fine with my LIght Beyond Nemesis Helm, even though I run Sunsinger.

Pretty sure the normal raid does (I can't confirm), but it's just very rare (on normal) than the other three armor pieces as it only has a very slim chance to drop from one certain chest (I think the one after Atheon). On hard, you can find the normal helm for the set and the hard mode helm.

Theres a chest after Atheon?

Did the nightfall and all i got was some crappy legendary ar from dead orbit -_-  Now i have two legendary ars and the suros regime.

Made my first attempt at the vault with a bunch of randoms from gamefaqs. Only had 1 person with experience and he had only made it to the Gorgon area, but we made it all the way to Atheon before we called it quits. 2 or 3 people on the team didn't say a word the entire time and we still pretty much rolled until Atheon. A couple of us were laughing about how easy it seemed until Atheon after Bungie made such a big deal about how hard it would be for random teams to progress in. Wound up getting a bunch of ascendant mats and that exotic sniper Patience and Time.  

bread's done
Back