Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

If you don't have a headset, you can still hear people on your fireteam that are talking, right?  Cuz I've been saying stuff like I assumed people could hear me.

Current stats

Level 24 Warlock - 57 light level

I have rare everything, nothing legendary.

12 mote of light

6 strange coins

25000 glimmer

I like doing the strikes but they are starting to get boring because there arent that many. I did one against some prince and he was really tough. His power would barely go down. Then when he was below 50% life left, those invisible enemies would start killing us, or those little flying helecopter things. We literally had 3 people all dead at the same time but one respawned before the 3 second timer ran out thank god. We were so close to killing him, dying there would have broke me.

I like doing the strikes but they are starting to get boring because there arent that many. I did one against some prince and he was really tough. His power would barely go down. Then when he was below 50% life left, those invisible enemies would start killing us, or those little flying helecopter things. We literally had 3 people all dead at the same time but one respawned before the 3 second timer ran out thank god. We were so close to killing him, dying there would have broke me.
Yea I use to hate the Earth Strike mission with the spider tank and giant sphere, but the Archon Priest is the worst boss atm. Takes forever to down and a lot of trash mobs to deal with.

PS3 or PS4?
I play on PS4. I grinded (is that a real world?) the spot for 2 hours. Sadly the drop rate I started out at kind of diminished, and there were people running around on the map standing in areas that kept the enemies from spawning.

I'm going to be getting on in a bit to do today's bounties then i'll probably be back to grinding. Still 0/10 on rare fusion rifles.

I'm 20 and finished the all the single player missions, but my exp bar won't increase. Do I need a quest to move beyond 20 or something?
Bungie was kind of bad at explaining this, but you will need to get equipment with the 'Light' attribute. The more you have the higher your level beyond 20 will be. Once you do get this stat, you can 'mouse over' it and it will explain in detail how much you need in order to be beyond level 20.

This game is awesome sauce. I'm level 19 hunter and its just starting to kick into gear loot wise. I'm about 13 hours into it. I've only done about half the story and there are tons of other things to do. I'm not sure what people are bitching about with this game. I've only got the earth, moon, and one level on venus unlocked and there is plenty for me to do everytime I sit down. The vanguard playlist is fun as heck and the missions give you lots of gear, but you have to level up to unlock it. This game is going to keep me busy for a long time because I plan on playing all three classes eventually. Also why does everyone hate the dinklage bot? His acting is fine.

I joined the CAG clan on ps4 but I dont really see the point if you are not friends with everyone on psn. I'll try and figure out how to add people but if you want to add me I go by totallyjem.

See you guys in space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat the game last night.  Despite what everyone said, I quite enjoyed the single player experience and agreed with what people said about how this game doesn't 'hand everything' to you.  Overall a positive experience but of course I do have some gripes:

-Why can't I skip cut-scenes that I've already viewed?  At least I can go into the options menu and fiddle around with my inventory while Tyrion is babbling. 

-Why can't I turn off Fire Team invites?  This is an annoyance for non PS+ users.  I hope a window would pop up to the invitee saying "Sorry, but the user you're trying to invite doesn't have PlayStation Plus".  

-No Co-op without PS+ seems like a really bad idea on Sony/Bungie's part.  It seems that people are confused as they think only Crucible/Strikes are PS+ required, and not free-roaming co-op.  

But, I think I'm done with this game for now.  I'm not really into the MP for these types of games and HP sponge bosses are a big turn off for me.  We'll see what the future DLCs bring to the table when they are released.  

Last night i saw a place on earth by the crashed spaceship, you can farm kills to get items and i got 2-3 in less than 5 minutes though, they werent any good. But it seems an easy place especially if you have more than 1 person. I wouldnt mind trying to farm this more with others. When i tried it did okay for a few minutes, then a random was messing things up and then one of those random spaceship events. After that i gave up trying to do it lol.

Great Farm Spot is the First Mission on the Moon where you have to search for the missing Guardian. Specifically the area where the Ghost says, "We've awoken the Hive!" and the door opens.

MIssion must be on Hard, Lvl 9. Kill the Thralls and Acolytes. Do not kill the Knight. Let the Knight kill you. Once you die, you'll hear the Ghost say "We've awoken the Hive!" again. Rinse and Repeat. Really fast loop. 

Great Farm Spot is the First Mission on the Moon where you have to search for the missing Guardian. Specifically the area where the Ghost says, "We've awoken the Hive!" and the door opens.

Hard, Lvl 9. Kill the Thralls and Acolytes. Do not kill the Knight. Let the Knight kill you. Once you die, you'll hear the Ghost say "We've awoken the Hive!" again. Rinse and Repeat. Really fast loop.
I will note that on easy, this is the best spot to complete the fusion rifle bounty. Takes about 5 minutes.

I'm level 25, will be a 26 or 27 by the end of the day. I have 23 strange coins waiting for Xur's happy ass to return. Little jerk disappeared when I got my 13th Strange Coin and went to buy the Warlock Gauntlets.

The Raid is very very hard and from what I can take from it, no one has completed it. Those Mobs really hurt. :lol: Even when you're lvl 26. 

Anyone down to do the Raid? Add me on PSN: TehAmazingTurtle. PS4, Lvl 26 Void Warlock. Going to try lvl up to 27. Need to do that farm and lvl up Sunsinger for convnience.  Also down to do Strikes as well. 

I wont be able to jump in the raids yet. I have my characters split right now. I have a 15 Hunter on the PS4 and then my Warlock on the X1 is one Light point away from 23.

I am definitely striving to push to 26 even more now that the Raid is out!!!

The Raid is very very hard and from what I can take from it, no one has completed it. Those Mobs really hurt. :lol: Even when you're lvl 26.

Anyone down to do the Raid? Add me on PSN: TehAmazingTurtle. PS4, Lvl 26 Void Warlock. Going to try lvl up to 27. Need to do that farm and lvl up Sunsinger for convnience.
As far as I know, nobody has made it past the third boss.

I should have a Crucible Helm and Vanguard Boots by tomorrow at the latest which will fill in my armor slots. Will likely attempt the Nightfall mission tonight.

Is the raid only up for a specific amount of time like the other MP modes? Or is it just unlocked starting today? I only hit 20 last night...

I dont know if i'll ever have the time to raid. That thing looks time consuming as hell. One of the streaming groups have been stuck at the same boss for at least 3 hours.   :shock:

Got my first legendary item. Then i turned in a bounty and got two legendary enegrams, but they turned out to be just a rare fusion rifle, which is nice since my best one was uncommon, and i dont even remember what the other was, but it wasnt legendary. :(

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/511923666917933057

Got my first legendary item.
I got a Legendary Auto Rifle a couple days ago and it is crazy how long it takes to level them up! I much prefer Scout Rifles but I wont complain about a Legendary haha

Now if only I could score a Legendary Sniper Rifle... that is what I REALLY want

Man I really want to buy a Vanguard piece but I'm afraid the strangecoin vendor will have the one I buy this week lol

I already got the gloves since that was last week. 

Man I really want to buy a Vanguard piece but I'm afraid the strangecoin vendor will have the one I buy this week lol

I already got the gloves since that was last week.
You can only have one Exotic Weapon and Armor piece equipped at any one time. The other slots must be filled with Legendaries.

You can only have one Exotic Weapon and Armor piece equipped at any one time. The other slots must be filled with Legendaries.
I know, I meant I got the Vanguard Gloves since I knew that the strangecoin guy had the gloves last week. I didnt get any pieces from him last week, he was gone sooner than I thought.

I have enough for another piece but too afraid the vendor will have the same slot avail when he pops back up.

Spent 40 minutes at the downed plane on Venus as a youtube video said it was one of the best spots since its a neverending spawn point for Hive & Fallen. Doing it as the level 11 patrol I got about 20 uncommons but only 2 rares (neither being fusion rifles). Supposedly the same guy found a new spot so i'll be trying this in a bit:

*EDIT*

Grinding for 5 minutes and already 5 greens, 1 blue 1 purple. The video says its easier with more than 1 person so if anyone wants to join me, my fireteam is open to friends.
Finally reached level 20 last night. Hard to keep up with gaming when you have to work during the day and do daddy chores when you get home at 5 Hehe! Anyway, i also stumbled on that farm spot when i was actually doing the regular mission. But never bothered grinding there. Might have to try that out with higher difficulty. Actually theres a public event on that same area too.

Finally reached level 20 last night. Hard to keep up with gaming when you have to work during the day and do daddy chores when you get home at 5 Hehe! Anyway, i also stumbled on that farm spot when i was actually doing the regular mission. But never bothered grinding there. Might have to try that out with higher difficulty. Actually theres a public event on that same area too.
Try this instead.

Destiny - "BEST LEGENDARY ENGRAM FARMING GUIDE" | "Destiny Skywatch Engram Farming Location"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLKzesxkKU

1 more day until I get Vanguard lvl 2

edit:

The Vault of Glass raid has been beaten by the PrimeGuardHQ group

I don't know if it's because I was alone or I just have bad luck but after about 20-25 minutes of running that I only managed two greens. Didn't even see a single blue let alone a legendary.
I did it alone and I got a couple of blues and a bunch of greens in maybe about 20-25 minutes? Didn't have time to continue doing it but I am planning on it.

Still looking for players to group up with if anyone is interested.  I know I've played with a few of you guys and invited some others.  I'm treating this game more like a marathon than a sprint so I'm not real high leveled yet.

Level 19, wooo.

Anyone do the level 26 raid yet?
Not yet, but forward to trying it out later on today. All of us are 27+

I got a Legendary Auto Rifle a couple days ago and it is crazy how long it takes to level them up! I much prefer Scout Rifles but I wont complain about a Legendary haha

Now if only I could score a Legendary Sniper Rifle... that is what I REALLY want
You know you want an exotic SR. I got this from PvP awhile back and I love it. :D

====

Primeguard Clears the Vault of Glass Raid

"Primeguard claims the world first Vault of Glass clear, this fire team made of 3 Titans, 2 Hunters, and 1 Warlock cleared the raid in 10 hours and 42 minutes 3 seconds.

McTwidget - 27 Human Titan
KingSmaals - 26 Awoken Titan
Des_Waffles - 28 Awoken Titan
FraserBaws - 28 Human Hunter
nanowatts -26 Exo Hunter
psx-Yoshi - 28 Exo Warlock

For those who are curious about their clear here's some random stats:

They died a combined total of 1,606 times
5,733 kills happened during the clear
An average K/D Ratio of 3.59
1,388 Precision Kills were performed
Successfully ressurected another Guardian 166 times
Their average lifespan was 2 minutes and 22 seconds"

You know how on the map that shows all the planets, the lower right corner is the credits. Well there are two more like that in the top left, and top right corners but they arent selectable. Does anyone know what they are for?

Try this instead.
That's the same one from the video Bezerker linked.

I was able to do it a good amount last night and found it easy to do solo with just a level 18 scout rifle. It's easy to get headshots because their glowing eyes stand out and you quickly get a feel for what height their head will be when they spawn. Occasionally 1 or 2 will make it out of the cave, but they are easy to pick off. The problem with this spot is that apparently everyone knows about it and most of the time I go there, I see 2 people already camping it. I saw a popular reddit post with an alternative farming spot located in a mission on the Moon, but when I tried it, it was not nearly as good as the cave spot in that video.

I got plenty of green items and blue engrams, but only 1 legendary engram that turned out to just be a rare chest piece that wasn't even an upgrade. I went from level 20-24 pretty quickly just from shooting into that cave and getting rare engrams, which honestly is a pretty lame way of gearing/leveling up, but I guess I don't feel as bad now that I know everyone else seems to be doing the same thing. I hope this doesn't become a recurring theme where the most efficient way to get gear is camping a spawn point or something similar.

I jumped into PVP for pretty much the first time last night with mixed results. I played 1 match in the beta and 1 match when it first unlocked in the full game, but I got stomped both times and was discouraged until last night. I had a some really good games where I had one of the best, if not the best score on either team, but I still lost most of my games. PVP can be really frustrating a lot of the time because I don't fully understand why I died so fast or why it took me so many shots to kill someone else. I assume it's a level/gear difference. There always seemed to be at least one guy on the other team who seemed to easily plow through me and my teammates while I barely survive an encounter with 1 enemy, forget about 2+ at the same time. Even more frustrating when I unleash my nova bomb in a crowd of people and come out with just a single assist. Hunters and Titans seem to have the better special abilities.

I'll give this game more time, but if I don't get a good feel for the PVP, I'm not sure how much I'll be playing this game. I figure I'll at least keep it until the Gamestop $40 guaranteed credit deadline in early October. If anyone wants to add me and team up, I don't have a set schedule I play, but EST nights is probably the best bet. My PSN username is OrganizedChaos11, also in my signature. I'm open to whatever, but definitely interested in PVP partners who don't suck. I saw too many teammates get less than 5 kills and around 20 deaths. We don't have to talk, but I do have a mic if needed.

You know how on the map that shows all the planets, the lower right corner is the credits. Well there are two more like that in the top left, and top right corners but they arent selectable. Does anyone know what they are for?
future expansion pack unlocks probably.

Hah, I was just saying just a little while ago about how I've never heard of anyone getting a legendary from a blue engram.  And what do you know, an hour later, I decrypt a blue into a legendary rocket launcher.

So, who's up for the Vault?  Maybe this weekend?  I'm 25 now, and should be 26, pushing 27 by the weekend.  Even if it's just a feeler run, I'd like to get in there and try it out.  If I don't get in there by this weekend with a group, I'll probably send out some invites to people on my friend list this weekend.

Edit: Going in there now alone just to screw around for a bit.  Time to get destroyed.

I apologize if this isnt the right place I figured this was also a good thread to mention it:

I am selling a PS4 Expansion Pass for $30, and also have the other CE content and Vanguard Armory codes available if anyone is interested.  PM me for details and maybe we can work something out.

Hah, I was just saying just a little while ago about how I've never heard of anyone getting a legendary from a blue engram. And what do you know, an hour later, I decrypt a blue into a legendary rocket launcher.

So, who's up for the Vault? Maybe this weekend? I'm 25 now, and should be 26, pushing 27 by the weekend. Even if it's just a feeler run, I'd like to get in there and try it out. If I don't get in there by this weekend with a group, I'll probably send out some invites to people on my friend list this weekend.

Edit: Going in there now alone just to screw around for a bit. Time to get destroyed.
I've heard someone has, but only heard of it once. In beta, I did get a couple blues from greens.

And for going in solo, you aren't even going to be able to get in. You need 6 people to cap 3 points while defending it. Impossible solo.

I've been playing on the Xbox One since that is the version my son wanted and I didn't feel like buying the game twice. It seems there is much more activity here than on the X1 thread. Are any of you having server issues where no one is in the Tower or on the planets? I played for about 3 hours last night like it was a single-player offline game. Which is odd since the game requires an online connection - yet it acted like it didn't have one. Since it was late (1-4 Am Pacific) I am used to that sort of thing (that is when server maintenance and such is usually done). But the same thing is still happening to my son this afternoon. We've restarted the system and game several times, and it never has other players. (I should add that the system is online just fine otherwise - friends show up and all that). This happened to us a few times on the PS4 during the alpha, so I was wondering if it still ever happens now on PS4?

In any case, the fact that you can play it essentially single-player in this fashion points to the idea that it could have an offline single-player mode. I don't see why they excluded that option since I know some people won't get the game because of that.

I've been playing on the Xbox One since that is the version my son wanted and I didn't feel like buying the game twice. It seems there is much more activity here than on the X1 thread. Are any of you having server issues where no one is in the Tower or on the planets? I played for about 3 hours last night like it was a single-player offline game. Which is odd since the game requires an online connection - yet it acted like it didn't have one. Since it was late (1-4 Am Pacific) I am used to that sort of thing (that is when server maintenance and such is usually done). But the same thing is still happening to my son this afternoon. We've restarted the system and game several times, and it never has other players. (I should add that the system is online just fine otherwise - friends show up and all that). This happened to us a few times on the PS4 during the alpha, so I was wondering if it still ever happens now on PS4?

In any case, the fact that you can play it essentially single-player in this fashion points to the idea that it could have an offline single-player mode. I don't see why they excluded that option since I know some people won't get the game because of that.
I got the empty tower far more often in beta than I do now. Usually there are at least a couple people. As for Patrol, I don't always see people but often do. Other than that, I do get disconnected on very rare occasion. Happened most on release day and weekend evenings.

As for the whole online thing. It's usually all about control of the game and makes it far easier to update things without needing to throw out patches for every single change if they're server-side changes. That and they wanted it to "feel" like you were there with other Guardians, battling the darkness across the solar system.

Yay... just got an email confirmation that my PS3 G.E. arrived at the local Bestbuy.

As long as there are no screw-ups, I should be able to start in on Destiny tonight.

A week late and apparently 27 levels short...

Not yet, but forward to trying it out later on today. All of us are 27+

You know you want an exotic SR. I got this from PvP awhile back and I love it. :D

====

Primeguard Clears the Vault of Glass Raid

"Primeguard claims the world first Vault of Glass clear, this fire team made of 3 Titans, 2 Hunters, and 1 Warlock cleared the raid in 10 hours and 42 minutes 3 seconds.

McTwidget - 27 Human Titan
KingSmaals - 26 Awoken Titan
Des_Waffles - 28 Awoken Titan
FraserBaws - 28 Human Hunter
nanowatts -26 Exo Hunter
psx-Yoshi - 28 Exo Warlock

For those who are curious about their clear here's some random stats:

They died a combined total of 1,606 times
5,733 kills happened during the clear
An average K/D Ratio of 3.59
1,388 Precision Kills were performed
Successfully ressurected another Guardian 166 times
Their average lifespan was 2 minutes and 22 seconds"
So, I'm not too familiar with mmo tendencies, but is the 10 hour clear time all in one sitting?

I sure as hell don't have 10 hours to waste in one sitting. I'm lucky to string together 2 hours at a time. :lol:

bread's done
Back