Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Does anyone else that's in the actual cagcast clan (not just the group) need the trophy for completing a strike w/ 2 other clan members?  Seems like it'd be an easy thing to knock out on Devil's Lair.

Any tips for the Winter's Run strike? I've tried it twice now, but it just seems so difficult. I'm level 17 and my girlfriend is 16, so we shouldn't be having this much trouble. Granted, we've had pretty bad teammates both times, but still.

The boss just has a shit ton of health, can kill you super quickly, and there's constantly tons of other enemies spawning all over.
Yeah that a long one. Have your team spread out. Don't concentrate on the boss and damage the field of enemies as mush as possible, hopefully it'll wittle down the boss that way. Stick and run, take a cheap shot at him whenever possible, he gets distrated easily (that why you have to spread out) use damage weapons as the same color as his shield. if he has a Red shield up -> use a fire/solar damage weapon on him

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like this is how the Queen's Wrath works:

1) Complete a Queen's Wrath Bounty and Receive a 'Queens Order' under the Mission section of your inventory.

2) Use this Order to take on a level 24 mission with an Epic modifier (Previously only on the Nightfall).

3) Finish mission, get legendary gear.

6 Missions a day, so up to 6 legendary pieces of gear daily it seems.

The missions just say "Level 24 Story Challenge" so you don't know what they are before hand.

The weekly missions are Nexus. Both have Solar Burn, but I don't believe Vex use Solar so it works more in your favor. I feel like the next week one is going to be Arc Burn on Winter's Run for the Archon Priest. Not sure how I'd be able to win that one.
Damn, that is a lot of legendary gear and seems like much more than I would expect to be available each day!

Again I say...wait, what? I've beaten the daily heroic on the hardest difficulty (28) several times and never once have I gotten shards or energy from it.
The daily rewards 1 Ascendent Material (Shard or Energy) at level 26. At level 28, you get 2 Ascendent Materials.

I turned in two Queen's Bounties at the same time. Hope that doesn't override the first mission.

No, you can hold as many as you want as far as I know. They as "used" when you COMPLETE the mission.

No idea if friends can hitch a ride in someone elses Queen's Wrath mission without any of them and get rewards. Probably not since I haven't heard of this happening yet.

If you do a Gold Public event you get a rare material/Strange Coin for your first one completed each day.  Works for each character and can be sent through the vault to funnel into your main.

While the "Loot Cave" is tempting at times I think grinding reputation and marks is a better long term strategy.  There is no telling what sort of future changes Bungie will put in but if games like WoW are any indication of how things might be reputation with different factions and those marks might prove to be very useful in the future.

There have also been talks/confirmation that for Cruicible/Vanguard reputation you get a legendary at ranks 4, 8, 12 etc. and for others like Dead Orbit etc. its 3, 6, 9.  Even if you have an abundance of marks you can always buy legendary items and dismantle them for materials too.

Gah. Two times in a row in the Crucible, I am the top player by far on my team. You know who gets a Legendary Engram? The lowest scoring, .47 k/d kid. TWO TIMES IN A ROW Bah. That system is ridiculous.

That being said I did finally hit Rank 3 with FWC and I got a kickass FWC Legendary Shotgun as a reward! I was super stoked. Now to get that Helmet and Scout Rifle...

I am really excited to try for all the Queen's Wrath stuff this week. I wont be able to get to the game pretty much at all tonight but later this week I will be striving for those Legendaries!!

Also the armor shaders look enticing to me too.

There have also been talks/confirmation that for Cruicible/Vanguard reputation you get a legendary at ranks 4, 8, 12 etc. and for others like Dead Orbit etc. its 3, 6, 9. Even if you have an abundance of marks you can always buy legendary items and dismantle them for materials too.
My rewards:

Vanguard 3 - Legendary Auto Rifle

Vanguard 4 - Legendary Boots

Crucible Rank 3 - Legendary Armor of some type that I promptly trashed

My friends rewards:

Vanguard 3 - Legendary Rocket Launcher (If I remember correctly)

Crucible 3 - 2 Ascendent Shards

So every rank after rank 2 should provide an actual, tangible reward. I will be leveling Future War Cult after I hit Vanguard 5 as I'm rather close to that.

Also, people need to keep in mind that breaking down Legendary armor gives 3 shards and Legendary weapons give 3 energy. Upgrading them does not increase the shards, but the other item instead (Weapon Parts or your class armor materials). Tested that on some boots the other day since the new ones I found had 1 better on a stat and looked better.

Gah. Two times in a row in the Crucible, I am the top player by far on my team. You know who gets a Legendary Engram? The lowest scoring, .47 k/d kid. TWO TIMES IN A ROW Bah. That system is ridiculous.
That isn't always the case, though. I've been the low man several times and I've yet to come out of the crucible with anything decent. I've also seen the top player getting some good gear a few times including an exotic once.

That isn't always the case, though. I've been the low man several times and I've yet to come out of the crucible with anything decent. I've also seen the top player getting some good gear a few times including an exotic once.
I know it isn't consistent but the fact that it is so random drives me bonkers. I am better, give me better things hahah : P

Bah, I am trying to do the weekly strike but I keep getting the boss down to 30% and then all the adds overwhelm me.  The only one guy on my friends list is "too busy" patrolling the cosmodrome to help for 3 minutes.

My rewards:

Vanguard 3 - Legendary Auto Rifle

Vanguard 4 - Legendary Boots

Crucible Rank 3 - Legendary Armor of some type that I promptly trashed

My friends rewards:

Vanguard 3 - Legendary Rocket Launcher (If I remember correctly)

Crucible 3 - 2 Ascendent Shards

So every rank after rank 2 should provide an actual, tangible reward. I will be leveling Future War Cult after I hit Vanguard 5 as I'm rather close to that.

Also, people need to keep in mind that breaking down Legendary armor gives 3 shards and Legendary weapons give 3 energy. Upgrading them does not increase the shards, but the other item instead (Weapon Parts or your class armor materials). Tested that on some boots the other day since the new ones I found had 1 better on a stat and looked better.
Good to know. I much rather spend the time playing the game and killing other stuff, that shooting at the cave tbh. :twoguns:

It looks like the maximum amount of Vanguard/Crucible marks you can hold is 200. So if you are at 200 but still have more obtainable during that week, you need to spend them or you lose them.

It looks like the maximum amount of Vanguard/Crucible marks you can hold is 200. So if you are at 200 but still have more obtainable during that week, you need to spend them or you lose them.
Hm, that is good to know!

Now go buy things! hahah

If you guys want an easy way of getitng Queen's loot, just keep entering the mission and leaving until you get Earth/Russia. It's short, simple and very soloable. You dont use your ticket until you actually finish the mission. It look me about 20 tries but I eventually got the Earth mission loaded. Easy legendary gear or upgrade materials :)

If you guys want an easy way of getitng Queen's loot, just keep entering the mission and leaving until you get Earth/Russia. It's short, simple and very soloable. You dont use your ticket until you actually finish the mission. It look me about 20 tries but I eventually got the Earth mission loaded. Easy legendary gear or upgrade materials :)
Might have to try this out later. Need legendary primary weapon. My lvl 18 hand cannon and lvl 19 auto rifles just wont cut it anymore.

Last night i was doing the weekly heroic -summoning pits with some cags and we just got hammered every single time by those wizards. Sheesh! Well probably coz we were aiming to finish it even though we didnt meet the level req. hehe!

I also did some farming at the cave for an hour or so and got a legendary gauntlet for the trouble. For some reason i also decypted an exotic sniper rifle (ice breaker). I cant remember if it came from the post after leveling the cyptarch or if was part of the cave loot. Hehe! Either way i was happy i finaly reach lvl 25

Trials of Osiris could be good if implemented then. :p
That sounds awesome!!!

I was playing Skirmish a couple nights ago, my two randoms quit. Awesome. I stuck it out and was determined to win on my own hahah and so I kept playing and held a decent lead over the other team of 3 and then towards the middle I finally got two more randoms populated into my team. At the end of the match we of course won, with me dominating points and my k/d... I got nothing whereas the random kid that joined moments before the end and barely did anything got a Legendary... not cool.

But yeah I am super stoked about that Trials event. The more and more we find out about events the more and more pleased I am with this amazing game!

Just did 2 queen missions on earth and got the queens robe both times. -_- I need a helmet, boots, or primary weapon legendary. Hopefully ill get one of those next time i try.

Man last night i was doing well in the crucible. But today its like im getting killed with one shotgun shot all the time. While im shooting guys with my shotty up to 4 times with a melee and getting nothing. Just feels so unfair today. Must be lag or something. Half the time i hit L1 or R1 one second before i actually die i dont even get those moves off. I really dont like the pvp much, it feels so laggy. I dont mind playing capture though because there is an objective other than killing the other team.

What level are you, though? I'm at 23.

Destiny officially hates me...

I encrypted a Legendary Class Item Engram...and it gave me a Hunter Cloak...that you can buy from the Dead Orbit faction...FML

Just did 2 queen missions on earth and got the queens robe both times. -_- I need a helmet, boots, or primary weapon legendary. Hopefully ill get one of those next time i try
At least you got something cool...i've done 4 Queen missions..I now have 4 Queen's Guard Vests....if only you could trade in this game

I've done 3 queens missions so far.  2 helms & a chest piece, all of which seem like they'd have the exact same max stats & other boosts as my current eq. I currently have all legendary pieces except for a heavy weapon & leg armor. 

In better news though, I got my 2nd exotic bounty.  I'm sadly still 3/10 on rare fusion rifles, but I chose the bounty that requires 25 strikes, which should work well with me going and earning my 100 vanguard points for the week.

What level are you, though? I'm at 23.
I am 26. But it shouldn't be too bad at 23/24. For that encounter you can pretty much cheese it by staying back in the two previous rooms. Also, be sure to bring guns with elemental damage as the enemies have shields.

When I was following the GAF thread earlier today it looked like the queen was only giving out chest and helms. Might change daily, we'll have to see. Most ppl are dismantling for ascendant shards as they are pretty hard to come by.

Might just be burnout but I'm having a rapid change of heart after spending some more time in the end game. There's no real character building to look forward to. It's just a quest to take on +Light at this point. Loot drops are plentiful and quality is so random. It's like I'm rummaging through Santa's toy sack, tossing presents over my shoulder as I look for ones with +Light or +DPS on them. There's no real direction or plan for the player other than to embrace the RNG and adjust accordingly.

It IS addicting, for sure. Very much like Diablo 3. It's just not the kind of reward system I find fulfilling in RPGs, and I suppose that is my bias.

Queen's Wrath Reputation doesn't receive the +25% Rep Bonus for beating the Nightfall.

This weeks Nightfall was pretty easy. Solo'd it until near the end when a friend joined and we destroyed the boss with his Solar Sniper and my Solar Rocket Launcher. The boss lasted less than a minute.

But yeah I am super stoked about that Trials event. The more and more we find out about events the more and more pleased I am with this amazing game!
Until more is revealed, I'm looking more forward to the Iron Banner and Trials. I really did enjoy the Iron Banner in the beta much more than the standardized pvp modes. :)

Just hit lvl 27!

1363767014365.gif

This scout rifle crucible bounty may have just ruined the game for me. Seriously stupid how under powered it is. You have to shoot them 4-5 times in the head in order to get a headshot, pure bullshit.

Just when grinding at the glory hole was getting boring, I activate my explosive rounds and firefly (explodes with precision kills) upgrades, oh the hilarity a red light show and flying body parts in a dark cave provides.

bread's done
Back