Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

This scout rifle crucible bounty may have just ruined the game for me. Seriously stupid how under powered it is. You have to shoot them 4-5 times in the head in order to get a headshot, pure bullshit.
Get two buddies and then share kills. Thats how my fire team helps each other out. ;) Yes the scout and hand cannon take too long to get headshots. 3-4 shots minimum. People who use shotties or auto rifles have a big advantage on you.

Man i have the worse luck. Did all 6 of those queen bounties, and finished the missions, and i got 6 damn legendary robes. When i really dont need a legendary robe. I need a helmet, and i think the guys i was playing with at least got 2 helmets each. I have enough to buy a crucible legendary helmet but i was hoping to get one free. I also need some boots. Going to wait and see if there are more bounties tomorrow or if it was just 6 for the whole week. On the plus side i was able to get enough shards to upgrade my current legendary robe by dismantling the ones i got from the queen. So it wasnt a total bust.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am playing this on the Xbox One because that's the system my son wanted it for. But there is WAY more activity here than in the X1 Destiny thread. I kind of wish I had it on the PS4...

No, you can hold as many as you want as far as I know. They as "used" when you COMPLETE the mission.

No idea if friends can hitch a ride in someone elses Queen's Wrath mission without any of them and get rewards. Probably not since I haven't heard of this happening yet.
I can verify that my Queen's marks (or whatever you want to call them) got used up when I was the second in a fireteam. So can you only invite people that have them?

If you guys want an easy way of getitng Queen's loot, just keep entering the mission and leaving until you get Earth/Russia. It's short, simple and very soloable. You dont use your ticket until you actually finish the mission. It look me about 20 tries but I eventually got the Earth mission loaded. Easy legendary gear or upgrade materials :)
I'll have to try that. I went in to one solo (it was a Mars mission) and just couldn't do it. Then I got invited to a fireteam and the 3rd guy dropped. Me and one other guy (we were both level 24 at the beginning) managed to do 3 of them without too much trouble but we didn't get any earth or moon missions. The one that gave us the most trouble was the final mission. Fortunately you get a checkpoint right at the last statue as we sure as hell needed that. It took us at least 10 retries to get that one done. That last wave of shielded guys is pretty hard to take out while the boss is also hunting you down. Obviously having 3 people would have been much better.

I've done 3 queens missions so far. 2 helms & a chest piece, all of which seem like they'd have the exact same max stats & other boosts as my current eq. I currently have all legendary pieces except for a heavy weapon & leg armor.

In better news though, I got my 2nd exotic bounty. I'm sadly still 3/10 on rare fusion rifles, but I chose the bounty that requires 25 strikes, which should work well with me going and earning my 100 vanguard points for the week.
So, are only chest pieces and helmets available from the Queen's missions? I got 3 chest pieces and 1 helmet. Fortunately I had used my first set of Vanguard marks to get boots before. And I got a pulse rifle from cave farming (only purple thing I got in 3-4 hours of that). The 3 chest pieces are all the same except for the discipline/strength modifiers. So I was at least able to upgrade from one to another when I got the slightly better one.

How do you get exotic bounties? Are they from the standard bounty guy or from someone else?

I can verify that my Queen's marks (or whatever you want to call them) got used up when I was the second in a fireteam. So can you only invite people that have them?
How do you get exotic bounties? Are they from the standard bounty guy or from someone else?
If you don't have a Queen's mark and are the second on a fireteam, you can still do the mission, but you get no rewards.

Exotic bounties are gotten immediately when you turn in a regular bounty. Seemingly just random (I've heard there's a 2% chance for each bounty you turn in, but how someone came up with that number, I have no clue).

I see talk of how there are weekly limits on things like Vanguard points, where do I check to see where I'm at for the week?  Does this apply to anything else?

Also, I'm going to try and be on more in the upcoming days, but I'm dealing with some family health issues now so I've been out of town a lot.

I see talk of how there are weekly limits on things like Vanguard points, where do I check to see where I'm at for the week? Does this apply to anything else?

Also, I'm going to try and be on more in the upcoming days, but I'm dealing with some family health issues now so I've been out of town a lot.
There is a weekly cap on VG and Crucible marks. You can only earn a max of 100 per week. When you go to orbit, you can check your progress on the strike playlist and cruicible areas. There will be a cicular meter that fills up a you earn marks for the week.
There's also a 200 cap limit on the amount of marks you can hold on to so you can't go for weeks accumilating them without spending.

btw, there are new Queen's bounties avaialble today. Both PVP (meh) and PVE. I finished one of them to earn a token but haven't done the mission yet to see if the rewards are different. I am still working on the 200 fallen headshot one. It's not hard, just tedious (especially using remote play on the Vita).

This weeks Nightfall was pretty easy. Solo'd it until near the end when a friend joined and we destroyed the boss with his Solar Sniper and my Solar Rocket Launcher. The boss lasted less than a minute.
What level are you? I was considering taking my Sunsinger through to give it a shot, but I haven't tried NIghtfall yet.

This scout rifle crucible bounty may have just ruined the game for me. Seriously stupid how under powered it is. You have to shoot them 4-5 times in the head in order to get a headshot, pure bullshit.
Yeah, I gave up on those two before even selecting them. I like my Legendary scout rifle, but it's so outclassed in PVP.

I see talk of how there are weekly limits on things like Vanguard points, where do I check to see where I'm at for the week? Does this apply to anything else?
The blue bar around your Strike Playlist and the red bar around your Crucible icon denote your mark gains for the week. Once that bar is full, you're capped until Tuesday, I'm pretty sure. EDIT: What Darknyss said.

Scout rifles aren't that bad. However with the rounds that make enemies jerk/reticule move, it makes it much more difficult.

What level are you? I was considering taking my Sunsinger through to give it a shot, but I haven't tried NIghtfall yet.
I'm level 28. The enemies in this one don't get benefits from the increased Solar Damage. Sunsinger grenades absolutely destroy in the Nightfall.

Level > Stats up until the point where you're the enemies levels.

I searched OP and past few pages, but has anyone made a CAG clan for this game? I think it would be great to team up and complete strikes, raids, etc with clan members. There's some trophies related to clans, plus I feel like more players in games the better the drops ( possibly better quality but definitely higher percentage of drops at least)

If one isn't made and anyone wants me to make one let me know!

I searched OP and past few pages, but has anyone made a CAG clan for this game? I think it would be great to team up and complete strikes, raids, etc with clan members. There's some trophies related to clans, plus I feel like more players in games the better the drops ( possibly better quality but definitely higher percentage of drops at least)

If one isn't made and anyone wants me to make one let me know!
http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/189531/0/1/2

Solo'd the Queen's Wrath mission or whatever it's called and got my first and only 2 Legendary gear. I got the Helmet that was the quest reward (which is a cop-out kinda) and a random Heavy Machine Gun that a fallen dropped mid-mission. I talked shit about my garbage ass blue gear, but my blue Sniper Rifle was able to drop the boss in about 2 clips (4 round clips)

So tip for anybody doing the queen's bounty that requires you to kill 3 fallen walkers. You can't kill the same one three times. IE: The one that spawns on earth during the public event. I tried that and only got credit for the first one. It seems you have to beat the one during the Earth public event, the Moon public event and the one during the Devil's Lair strike.

So tip for anybody doing the queen's bounty that requires you to kill 3 fallen walkers. You can't kill the same one three times. IE: The one that spawns on earth during the public event. I tried that and only got credit for the first one. It seems you have to beat the one during the Earth public event, the Moon public event and the one during the Devil's Lair strike.
You need to get the last hit as far as I'm aware.

You need to get the last hit as far as I'm aware.
Nope. Two of the times I did the earth public event I was the only one even there and it only counted once. When I did the strike I was distracted by a Captain and definitely didn't get the last hit and it still counted.

Nope. Two of the times I did the earth public event I was the only one even there and it only counted once. When I did the strike I was distracted by a Captain and definitely didn't get the last hit and it still counted.
Just tested this myself.

1 Divide Kill

2 Devil's Lair Kills (Without Strike)

Nobody else on my fireteam got credit for any of them. I did the final hit on all of them.

OK, where are the Queen's missions showing up? 

Completed 3 Queen bounties last night and see I got 3 credits under my inventory.  But didn't see missions.

I'm currently running Lvl 19.  Don't tell me I gotta level up more...

EDIT:

Also should add my PSN ID since I got no friends on PS3

-WiiDaLoser 

Don't mind the name too much, DaLoser was already taken when I tried registering

Trying to get on no later than 8pm, but might be as late as 11pm.

Running Titan awoken female

OK, where are the Queen's missions showing up?

Completed 3 Queen bounties last night and see I got 3 credits under my inventory. But didn't see missions.

I'm currently running Lvl 19. Don't tell me I gotta level up more...

EDIT:

Also should add my PSN ID since I got no friends on PS3

-WiiDaLoser

Don't mind the name too much, DaLoser was already taken when I tried registering

Trying to get on no later than 8pm, but might be as late as 11pm.

Running Titan awoken female
Go to the map of the planets and it will be the top mission on the left side, you know where there are daily and weekly missions to do. It only available if you have turned in a bounty and have the mission.

The earth mission is pretty easy, so keep backing out until you get that mission.

Go to the map of the planets and it will be the top mission on the left side, you know where there are daily and weekly missions to do. It only available if you have turned in a bounty and have the mission.

The earth mission is pretty easy, so keep backing out until you get that mission.
Thanks. I'll check tonight when I plug back in.

BTW, any other late-starters want to team up? Figure it won't be sooo bad if we're all low-levels :D/

On the travel map you should see a red meter and a blue meter, for crucible and vanguard points. When you select the respective playlist if you hover over the meter it should tell you how many out of a 100 max you have for the week, which resets every Tuesday, along with the weekly strikes.

On the travel map you should see a red meter and a blue meter, for crucible and vanguard points. When you select the respective playlist if you hover over the meter it should tell you how many out of a 100 max you have for the week, which resets every Tuesday, along with the weekly strikes.
What time exactly does everything reset?

Just tested this myself.

1 Divide Kill

Nobody else on my fireteam got credit for any of them. I did the final hit on all of them.
Well then I don't know what to say. Like I said before I was the only person twice and only got the credit once and I also managed to get credit without dealing the final blow so we're clearly getting different results.

I received credit by soloing the Walker without using a strike or public event. Left the world, came back and did it again. Rinse and repeat.

ArJay2k8 said:
Good to know (though it doesn't seem settled).

Action! said:
That's good to hear. Where does that event occur on the Moon? I've yet to come across that one.
Yeah, it is in the same area that the Warsat defense happens in. I was a little surprised by that because I figured there was only one unique public event per "area". So that's the first area to the right when you start off.

I had also done this right before I took the bounty. Then I camped out on Earth to get the public mission there. I don't really have any data on the way it works since I think I did get the final shot in and it was the only one I did. I did get credit for it. I'll have to try it again tonight to see what happens.

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 said:
Solo'd the Queen's Wrath mission or whatever it's called and got my first and only 2 Legendary gear. I got the Helmet that was the quest reward (which is a cop-out kinda) and a random Heavy Machine Gun that a fallen dropped mid-mission. I talked shit about my garbage ass blue gear, but my blue Sniper Rifle was able to drop the boss in about 2 clips (4 round clips)
Yeah, but which one was it? It can be any of the story missions and if you get stuck with the final boss(es) like me and one other guy did last night that can be pretty damn hard.

Just tested this myself.

1 Divide Kill

Yea, it seems you have to be standing close to the person that gets the final kill to get credit . Luckily it only took me 4 tries to get it, and that one failure still counted as one of my 25 for my exotic bounty, so it wasnt a complete loss.

Today & yesterday i've done 7 of the queen's missions and gotten 4 of the same helm & 3 of the same chest piece. I was short on Ascendant shards, so thats what i've been turning all the extras into.

Feel free to add me. Just mention CAG. (PS4)

Guardian Update

Currently Level 27. But I could probably be 28 or 29. Sitting on my shards for the off chance I can get better armour with better effects. Have about 40 Strange Coins and Motes of Lite. Hopefully Xur has something. Need to spend these. >.>

Maxed out both Warlock Subclasses. Originally a Void but took Sunsinger as a necessity. No regrets. :D

Exotics: Light Beyond Nemesis (Blue Engram. No seriously.) and Suros Regime. Just got the Suros Regime from an Engram gotten at the Crucible. I couldn't believe it since the Cryptarch hates me. Finally decided to smile on me. Immediately switched out Bad Juju for that beauty. 

I have 3 Legendary Rocket Launchers that are the same one but different attributes. :lol: Dammmmm.

I hope someday Bungie removes the Exotic Limit. A man can dream right?

I have a neat Legendary Warlock Bond called the Other Side of Nothing. It's continuously on fire. Description: Nobody comes back the sme. - The Parables of Osiris

Also the Public Event on the Moon.

Its just better to do Patrol and find the Devil Walker. (Same exact spot as Strike). Thats how i did the bounty

Like I said before I was the only person twice and only got the credit once and I also managed to get credit without dealing the final blow.
Yea, it seems you have to be standing close to the person that gets the final kill to get credit.
Makes sense since I got credit as well for not getting the final attack in. :)

Exotics: Light Beyond Nemesis (Blue Engram. No seriously.) and Suros Regime. Just got the Suros Regime from an Engram gotten at the Crucible. I couldn't believe it since the Cryptarch hates me. Finally decided to smile on me. Immediately switched out Bad Juju for that beauty.

Welcome to the club. :D It's devastating in PvP already, but can't wait to see how it really performs in the Iron Banner.

Makes sense since I got credit as well for not getting the final attack in. :)

Welcome to the club. :D It's devastating in PvP already, but can't wait to see how it really performs in the Iron Banner.
My reaction: An awesome Exotic at last!! I alreadly love the feel of it.

In other news: That moment where youre already maxed out Vanguard Marks

You should have came when I asked snake! 

Helped my friend get his Nightfall.

Funny thing is I told him its a guarantee legendary  but he got 8 shards instead lol, I told him that was like 2 1/2 legendaries in materials and he just raged aha

bread's done
Back