Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Cant use those purdy sparrow flames on my legendary sparrow! :D

That was my favorite sniper until i got the ice breaker. It is still a very awesome sniper. Especially in PVP because when you aim down the sites it turns you invisible for around 10 seconds. Plus you can still see the radar when aiming down the sites once upgraded enough. So if you dont have the ice breaker i would say buy this gun because it is really nice.
I prefer Patience and Time in PvP and Ice Breaker in PvE

In PvP whenever you spawn it is with 0 ammo for Ice Breaker and you have to wait for the ammo to generate vs. just easily picking up green ammo which is usually in abundance. Patience and Time however you can pick ammo up for and then both major perks greatly benefit PvP. Like 7th said, the cloaking and visible sights are PERFECT for PvP.

Vision of Confluence (Vex Mythoclast if they ever buff it), Patience and Time and then Hezen Vengeance is a deadly combo on most maps in the right hands.

So yeah if you do not play PvP much, Patience and Time is near useless if you already have Ice Breaker.

I will 2 exotics that i might never use (super good advice and now parience n time) i nver get lucky in nightfalls. Its either legendaries or coins! Il be buying the sniper just to have it. I still have 3 exotic bounties pending in my inventory (pvp related) that i prob may not touch until i get a very good void weapon. Cant wait for the expansion to get me 5 more bounty slots though.

Bought Lucky Raspberry just to add it to the collection. Ended up buying another Armamentarium too just because it had 19 more discipline than the one I am using now from a couple weeks ago and I have coins to blow. Still need 1 mote for the engram.

I find it useless since the red sniper glare still gives away your position even while cloaking.
So this is the gun. I was thinking maybe Vex Mythoclast.

I see that from a distance and immediately take cover cuz I know it's gonna be bad news, haha.

Did a normal raid with my hunter and got the cloak and chest piece. So i only need the arms and legs to get to 30. But i bet thats going to take a while. Still only need boots for my titan, though could use a chest still for him too.

I still have a hard raid checkpoint at the oracles if anyone wants to cheese it up to the gorgon chests before the reset on tuesday. I wouldnt mind doing it, its not hard if you know how to cheese the oracles/templar.

I'd love to get in on that on my Titan if we can get a group together. I've done it a couple of times now on my hunter and I should have Praedyth's maxed tomorrow,so it should be even easier this time. Plus I can actually help with the Templar cheese on my Titan. If I could join you or at the very least grab the checkpoint off of you that would be great.

Did a normal raid with my hunter and got the cloak and chest piece. So i only need the arms and legs to get to 30. But i bet thats going to take a while. Still only need boots for my titan, though could use a chest still for him too.

I still have a hard raid checkpoint at the oracles if anyone wants to cheese it up to the gorgon chests before the reset on tuesday. I wouldnt mind doing it, its not hard if you know how to cheese the oracles/templar.

Looking to do the Raid/nightfall/raid tonight after 10pm EST if anyone plans to do it 

27 warlock 

both skill trees mastered 

mostly just looking to get shards/energy  never done raid so that is highest priority 

PSN: Kamagii 

Again; I am up for the hard raid haha.

Warlock at 30, Titan and Hunter at 29.  All I have to do after I do the raid weekly is level guns and bounties.  I can't actually do anything fun for rewards.  Most of my time is spent farming planet resources.

The only reason I press on at this point is the expansion, which I stupidly preordered when the game came out.  Pretty sure in the US you can't cancel preorders.   I'm thinking I'd rather just bite the bullet and not play the DLC and trade in Destiny at the BB event.

I went through this game with the mindset of 'it's a 10 year platform and will improve'.  I think it will, but it is fundamentally flawed/broken in so many ways.  It is extremely buggy as well.  Bungie's 'fixes' and weekly updates are a joke.  Fixing the Atheon cheese is hilarious when there are fight breaking glitches in Atheon constantly in hard mode.  If the games mechanics and set up were fun, people wouldn't cheese it!

Lack of 'raid marks' or something to that effect is still a joke.  The level 27 who got Mythoclast, a raid helmet, and fatebringer in one run thanks to RNG by checkpoint cheesing, but people who have legit beat the raid on hard multiple times have a chance at getting NOTHING.

These are all points repeated over and over again.  If I don't trade this in tomorrow, I'll certainly only play it for the Raid once a week.

Rant over.  That said, enjoy your game and wait for the epiphany and clouds to part.  I'll be running the Hard mode raid sometime Tuesday with 3 characters.  Again.

Warlock at 30, Titan and Hunter at 29. All I have to do after I do the raid weekly is level guns and bounties. I can't actually do anything fun for rewards. Most of my time is spent farming planet resources.

The only reason I press on at this point is the expansion, which I stupidly preordered when the game came out. Pretty sure in the US you can't cancel preorders. I'm thinking I'd rather just bite the bullet and not play the DLC and trade in Destiny at the BB event.

I went through this game with the mindset of 'it's a 10 year platform and will improve'. I think it will, but it is fundamentally flawed/broken in so many ways. It is extremely buggy as well. Bungie's 'fixes' and weekly updates are a joke. Fixing the Atheon cheese is hilarious when there are fight breaking glitches in Atheon constantly in hard mode. If the games mechanics and set up were fun, people wouldn't cheese it!

Lack of 'raid marks' or something to that effect is still a joke. The level 27 who got Mythoclast, a raid helmet, and fatebringer in one run thanks to RNG by checkpoint cheesing, but people who have legit beat the raid on hard multiple times have a chance at getting NOTHING.

These are all points repeated over and over again. If I don't trade this in tomorrow, I'll certainly only play it for the Raid once a week.

Rant over. That said, enjoy your game and wait for the epiphany and clouds to part. I'll be running the Hard mode raid sometime Tuesday with 3 characters. Again.
I 100% agree with everything you said. I've done the raid already this week and I'm going to be a level 29 for who knows how many more raids. This whole RNG concept is bullshit in my opinion, I'm not even having fun playing the game anymore at this point. Yet I keep playing because something inside won't let me quit until I hit level 30.

Yeah all i really do now is the Raid, Nightfall, Weekly, Daily and some bounties to level up my guns as long as the bounties arent too time consuming. When i do finally get some raid gear i need, it gets me excited to level it up asap. Thats one thing i hate though, you cant get to 30 without doing the raid, luck, and relying on others. Im at the point where Vanguard and Crucible marks are useless. They dont sell gear i need, and if i get one of their guns as a reward or drop, its a better version of it than what they sell in the store, so its pointless to buy their guns and you probably have better guns already anyway. Im sitting on 129 energy, 98 strange coins, 92 shards, and 53 motes. Dont even have gear to upgrade with my shards, until i hit the raid again next week and hopefully get lucky.

Im getting to the point where i just feel like deleting my warlock, keeping all her things in the vault, and making a new one. I dont particularly like the female human dance, so was thinking of switching it up. But IDK. Im sure i wont do that with AC unity coming soon and taking my time away from destiny.

I 100% agree with everything you said. I've done the raid already this week and I'm going to be a level 29 for who knows how many more raids. This whole RNG concept is bullshit in my opinion, I'm not even having fun playing the game anymore at this point. Yet I keep playing because something inside won't let me quit until I hit level 30.
I was so tired of being level 29 for so long and waiting for one drop that I finally caved and made a second warlock for more chances at loot. I got him to lvl 20 last night, joined a normal raid with some first-timers, and finally the damn boots drop. All I really need now is a Gjallahorn and I'll feel like my character will be complete.

It sucks that Bungie's crazy RNG and caps to slow down progression have forced players into this mechanic. But I suppose the second warlock will come in handy when the expansion hits and the RNG is just as cruel. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally got into a raid group (using destinylfg.com). Oh.my.god. My faith in humanity is at an all-time low. 

Since it was my 1st time through, I tried to keep my mouth shut, listen, and take direction. Mostly in involved my trying to decipher the shrill screeching of the others in the group while I ran like hell to keep up. It didn't seem super difficult: we shot at stuff, went through a door, shot at stuff for a very long time. I was told to hold a relic and cleanse everyone when they surrounded me. So far, no biggie. I got lost/stuck following a guy to a chest in a very long downward section, and eventually somehow found my way back to the group where we dodged the gorgons. Didn't take me super long to figure out the jumps. We killed the first guy after that and then, when Atheon showed up, it all went down hill. 1/2 the group wanted to "kill him legitimately" while two others wanted to super/grenade/whatever cheese him. There verbal assault started when 2 of us didn't know what to do if we were transported. After trying that for 15 minutes we decided to go the cheese route. So then there was 45 minutes of all of us immediately jumping off the cliff while 1 person would try to ... do something involving hopping behind a pillar and chucking grenades. And then people started dropping out...What a waste of time.

I may have a Normal checkpoint at Atheon.

I may be done with Destiny.

So I finally got into a raid group (using destinylfg.com). Oh.my.god. My faith in humanity is at an all-time low.

Since it was my 1st time through, I tried to keep my mouth shut, listen, and take direction. Mostly in involved my trying to decipher the shrill screeching of the others in the group while I ran like hell to keep up. It didn't seem super difficult: we shot at stuff, went through a door, shot at stuff for a very long time. I was told to hold a relic and cleanse everyone when they surrounded me. So far, no biggie. I got lost/stuck following a guy to a chest in a very long downward section, and eventually somehow found my way back to the group where we dodged the gorgons. Didn't take me super long to figure out the jumps. We killed the first guy after that and then, when Atheon showed up, it all went down hill. 1/2 the group wanted to "kill him legitimately" while two others wanted to super/grenade/whatever cheese him. There verbal assault started when 2 of us didn't know what to do if we were transported. After trying that for 15 minutes we decided to go the cheese route. So then there was 45 minutes of all of us immediately jumping off the cliff while 1 person would try to ... do something involving hopping behind a pillar and chucking grenades. And then people started dropping out...What a waste of time.

I may have a Normal checkpoint at Atheon.

I may be done with Destiny.
This right here is why I'm against matchmaking for the raid. I'd rather just not raid at all than take a chance of stuff like this happening. I mean, if they want to add it for those clamoring for it fine but I'll never use it.

What I'd really like is a viable way to get to 30 (heh, I'd settle for 28 at this point) without having to do the raid.
You can get to 29 without any raid gear. (Maxed exotic + 3 legendary items) Vangard marks are pretty easy to accmulate. Just use them to buy purple gear.

The next Iron Banner will also have armor that can be upgraded to the light equivalent of raid gear but there will likely be only a couple of slots available for purchase for each class.

Maybe it's just my poor luck then; I have enough ascendant energy to max out 2 guns, but have only been able to max out 1 piece of armor. 

Cleared Raid Normal tonight with my usual group. Definitely our fastest clear, but I finally figured out how the drops work between Normal and Hard. Didn't realize that Hard checkpoints/chests gave you two drops. So I didn't get too much out of the Normal run. But is there anyone with a Hard Atheon checkpoint? Would like to get a Hard drop from him before Tuesday.

Spent a few hours yesterday and a few more today taking my warlock from 10 to 20 and then immediately to 25 with the set of gear I had in the vault. Should hit 29 quickly since I already have most of the mats ready. After that I think I'll be joining the ranks of people who just raid and do the weekly and nightfall each week until the expansion comes out. There is not much else for me to do anymore and I picked up a couple games off gamefly I want to play through.

Cleared Raid Normal tonight with my usual group. Definitely our fastest clear, but I finally figured out how the drops work between Normal and Hard. Didn't realize that Hard checkpoints/chests gave you two drops. So I didn't get too much out of the Normal run. But is there anyone with a Hard Atheon checkpoint? Would like to get a Hard drop from him before Tuesday.
Its actually pretty insane how quickly you can clear the Raid with the right group of people. So far 55 min all the way from beginning to end on our second time doing it together. Granted we play together constantly just never have gotten to do the Raid together.

Cleared Raid Normal tonight with my usual group. Definitely our fastest clear, but I finally figured out how the drops work between Normal and Hard. Didn't realize that Hard checkpoints/chests gave you two drops. So I didn't get too much out of the Normal run.
Checkpoints do, chests don't (except for the one at the start of the gorgon maze).

Traded in Destiny, thank god.  My life is free.  I'll never pick up an MMO-Esque game again.

Ended up paying about $1 for the game realistically.  Bought it with GCU, got a $10 reward cert, and traded it in for about $38.

I had the expansion pass, but I don't care.  The expansions won't dramatically change the game and there are so many better games to play.  I might return casually on PC when the ULTIMATE/NOT GOTY edition arrives or Destiny 2 ultimate PC.

I take a good amount of happiness knowing that I will be playing new, fun content this week, as opposed to running in circles for relic iron.

Traded in Destiny, thank god. My life is free. I'll never pick up an MMO-Esque game again.

Ended up paying about $1 for the game realistically. Bought it with GCU, got a $10 reward cert, and traded it in for about $38.

I had the expansion pass, but I don't care. The expansions won't dramatically change the game and there are so many better games to play. I might return casually on PC when the ULTIMATE/NOT GOTY edition arrives or Destiny 2 ultimate PC.

I take a good amount of happiness knowing that I will be playing new, fun content this week, as opposed to running in circles for relic iron.
To be honest, I feel the same way, but then I think of how much fun I have around chatting with my friends and doing the Nightfall or whatever other BS we need to do before hitting the VoG during the weekend and just fooling around in Crucible, that I just can't stop. It has been a long as time since I actually had a good bunch of friends that get online at a schedule to just fool around, let stress go while mindlessly shooting guns for like 2 hrs. At that every shooter excels, but the thing that Destiny gives us is 1)Loot (as crappy as it might be sometimes) 2)Non Camping Multiplayer, coming from COD it is a breath of fresh air 3)PvE whenever we get tired of PvP.

If I didn't have those friends playing, trust me I would have stopped like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Funny thing is as soon as they get a different game I will move to the same game too, so no strings attached to Destiny.

On a side note, finally got my 3rd character to level 20 and immediately to 24. So now both Nightfall and VoG 3 times a week for me :whistle2:#

Feel free to join the new clan i made for CAG. "Cheap SHAQFU Gamer", since they wont allow Ass in the title. :D Should be set up to add you automatically without having someone needing to approve you. Its for Xbox and Playstation. If anyone has any suggestions for the clan let me know. If anyone wants to be an admin to the clan let me know too.

http://www.bungie.net/en/clan/detail/587813

Yep. This game is unique in the fact that I have about 4 different groups of friends that I can hop on and start playing with. The game is terribly boring alone, but I really enjoy hopping on and immediately having someone I can join.

FYI,  the resets seem to be happening at 1am pst, instead of 2.

Noticed it Sat/Sun with the DST change and it happened again last night Sun/Mon.

So unless Bungie changes it, you'll have one less hour to get stuff done.

To be honest, I feel the same way, but then I think of how much fun I have around chatting with my friends and doing the Nightfall or whatever other BS we need to do before hitting the VoG during the weekend and just fooling around in Crucible, that I just can't stop. It has been a long as time since I actually had a good bunch of friends that get online at a schedule to just fool around, let stress go while mindlessly shooting guns for like 2 hrs. At that every shooter excels, but the thing that Destiny gives us is 1)Loot (as crappy as it might be sometimes) 2)Non Camping Multiplayer, coming from COD it is a breath of fresh air 3)PvE whenever we get tired of PvP.

If I didn't have those friends playing, trust me I would have stopped like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Funny thing is as soon as they get a different game I will move to the same game too, so no strings attached to Destiny.

On a side note, finally got my 3rd character to level 20 and immediately to 24. So now both Nightfall and VoG 3 times a week for me :whistle2:#
I totally hear you. I really enjoyed it for the friends. That was what was stopping me from trading it in for so long. I realized the game was awful about 3 days after launch and after about 10 hours the "unique" content was done. I stuck around because it was good to talk to friends and play online.

Fortunately, AC Unity, Master Chief Collection, and Smash Bros are among the top list of multiplayer games I'll be moving on to. Hopefully many of my friends follow suit.

It's just hilarious to look at the Destiny community. Either all the players think the game is tremendously flawed or they are in denial. The players with the highest play time by and large are in agreement Bungie made some really strange and bad decisions leading to a completely broken bad game. Yet everyone still keeps coming back, and it's because there wasn't really another game to unite them as such.

Well...Part of our team tried Hard Raid tonight. Sobering experience to say the least. We got wrecked for the 1.5 hours we tried it. Managed to make one successful relic run - almost two - but kept dying in the relic portion. Adds are just far too brutal and the perma-death penalty is definitely tough. Atheon himself is easy and still takes plenty of damage. We had 5 Level 29 players and 1 Level 30.

The random relic team is probably the hardest part now. Without that, it would be quite a bit easier. And the random bugs don't help.

Just got done doing gatekeeper and Atheon on hard. We absolutely wrecked gatekeeper and would have done the same to Atheon if not for bugs. We still got him, but there were 3 or 4 times where we would have had him if not for bugs. Still pretty happy though. I got a chest piece off keeper, so I have 2 pieces of raid gear on my hunter now.

After i get the nightfall and weekly done tuesday with my warlock, i might delete her since she is a 30, and create a 2nd hunter to get more chances to get hunter raid gear. I mean no reason to keep my warlock really if i store all the gear. I can easily just make a new warlock later and get to level 20 in 2 days. Then throw the old gear on to make them a 30 again. Plus im not totally happy with my warlock character. What do i need a level 30 character for anyway? I dont care about beating the raid on hard anymore. Only thing i may care about is if there is an iron banner event, but then i dont even need iron banner gear for my warlock, so i would probably use my other characters for that. By the time the DLC comes out i will probably get my warlock back to try the new raid.

Curious, why xbone over PS4?
Always had Microsoft as my primary console and then Sony has been exclusives. I tried to change that this generation but honestly Sony got out of the gate pretty strong but now MS is killing it in my opinion.

I have way more friends on XBL too and I am much more proficient with the Xbox controller for shooters.

Got outta work late last night and I crashed on the couch... next thing I know, I'm waking up at 3am. Sooo, I missed out on the dailys plus I was gonna get together with a group for some HARD raid checkpoints. Hope I don't get blackballed ;)

Sad part, first thought that entered my mind when I woke up at 3 was "damn, I missed the nightly reset"... SMH.

This game griefs me so and here I am like a mule chasing a carrot on a string :lol: .

Anyway, slept so damn much that I was able to wake up earlier than normal and get some time in on Destiny. Knocked out the public event, daily mission and bounties for both my titans. And, when I turned in the bounties I got the Pocket Infinity bounty... FINALLY!!! :bouncy: I swear I must've dismantled 10 rare fusion rifles alone waiting for this bounty (already had 12 in the vault and nowhere to put the others).

That's probably gonna be my homework for the night, unless something else pops up.

It's just hilarious to look at the Destiny community. Either all the players think the game is tremendously flawed or they are in denial. The players with the highest play time by and large are in agreement Bungie made some really strange and bad decisions leading to a completely broken bad game. Yet everyone still keeps coming back, and it's because there wasn't really another game to unite them as such.
Yeah, can't say how much longer I'm gonna stay with Destiny, maybe December, maybe all the way 'til next year. I'm not blinded by the Bungie name, but I do see the potential for an awesome long-term game. I've already played a ton more than I thought I would've.

Really don't know how much more I'll go... but the NotoriousR.N.G. is a real pain.

I've been at lvl 29 for, I think, 2 maybe 3 weeks now on both titans. And I haven't budge an inch all because the raid hates me. I've got the 2nd titan specifically to help boost my shots at getting more stuff but the raid has only given me Atheon's Epilogue, 2 Found Truths and Praedyths Revenge. Everything else has been shards, mats, ships and a buttload of chatterwhite

AE and PR are great but not enough for all my attempts. So for now, I'll hold out for the DLC and Iron Banner. Maybe even start leveling my Warlock just to see if that'll get me titan raid armor.

But yeah, Bungie needs to get their shit together. Destiny can become a ghost town real quick this holiday if they don't stop worrying about the cheese they baked in and take care of the real issues.

Any of you crossing over to COD AW?
hhn.gif

[quote name="ArJay2k8" post="12211801" timestamp="1415148563"][quote name="ApolloSupreme" post="12211200" timestamp="1415136565"]Any of you crossing over to COD AW?[/quote]
hhn.gif
[/quote]
Well I guess it'll almost kill you to know that AW is a lot better than Destiny. I've owned both games.

For me, it won't be another shooter which takes me away from Destiny but rather another loot game. (Destiny feels fantastic but the loot/leveling/etc. can be outdone fairly easily)

I have a hard oracle checkpoint that id like to cheese wednesday night up to the gorgon chests. Have 2 people right now that i know will do it. I wouldnt mind doing the raid on normal too afterward. If anyone is down for this let me know. Usually play around 8PM ET - 1AM ET.

Well I guess it'll almost kill you to know that AW is a lot better than Destiny. I've owned both games.
It's not even about leaving Destiny. It's about the thought of playing a crap CoD game. They never have, and never will, peak even an ounce of interest from me.

bread's done
Back