Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

bought 2 no backup plans, one for each titan. They don't have the best stats, but my defender titans will be even tougher to kill trolls in PVP.
I didn't really pay attention to their stats. How are they helpful in PvP?

I didn't really pay attention to their stats. How are they helpful in PvP?
The gloves give you increased melee attack speed and increased duration of force barrier. Then under the defender sub-class you have Unbreakable and [SIZE=13.63636302948px]Relentless, [/SIZE]which continuously recharges your force barrier, and increases the strength and duration of your force barrier again.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Max out your strength for this build. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px]You pretty much can have a shield all the time. [/SIZE]

The gloves give you increased melee attack speed and increased duration of force barrier. Then under the defender sub-class you have Unbreakable and [SIZE=13.63636302948px]Relentless, [/SIZE]which continuously recharges your force barrier, and increases the strength and duration of your force barrier again.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Max out your strength for this build. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px]You pretty much can have a shield all the time. [/SIZE]
Thanks. I don't do much crucible but this sounds like a fun tactic to try.

I just unlocked the blinding light on the Helm Saint-14, so that was something I was gonna try out tonight, hopefully.

Never bothered doing the engram from xur. The probability of u getting the same helmet your char may already have is high.

Would anyone be willing to help me through the Weekly Heroic Strike on PS4 tonight starting between 7:30-8:00 P.M. Eastern? I only have 7 strange coins and desperately need more to get the Exotic gauntlets from Xur.

Technically, I only need to do it on Level 26 to get the 6 strange coins, but would gladly do Level 28 instead. I am a Level 28 Titan. PSN name is MattYoung730.

Never bothered doing the engram from xur. The probability of u getting the same helmet your char may already have is high.
RNG.

Done it six times... 3 of the 6 were for my titan and the others were for hunter or warlock.

BTW I barely hit 3/6 with last week's visit & don't think I'll get enough motes together to try this week.

When specifically for a helmet,I've gotten Skullfront twice and Saint-14 once and a warlock helm once.

Would anyone be willing to help me through the Weekly Heroic Strike on PS4 tonight starting between 7:30-8:00 P.M. Eastern? I only have 7 strange coins and desperately need more to get the Exotic gauntlets from Xur.

Technically, I only need to do it on Level 26 to get the 6 strange coins, but would gladly do Level 28 instead. I am a Level 28 Titan. PSN name is MattYoung730.
I could help, if you have a way to knock yourself down to the PS3 version. But it'll hafta be later than 8 EST... West Coast Playa in da house :D/

Last edited by a moderator:
I could help with my lvl 26 Hunter if you don't mind waiting until 9 or so. Psn is ichabod00

Thanks, guys. I'm actually on the west coast too, Frosty, but no PS3 version for me. I bought a physical copy for PS4.

Ichabod, pretty sure you're on my friend list. I can probably do it then. I plan to play Destiny a decent amount tonight. It's just that I can't guarantee I'll have enough uninterrupted playing time to go through the strike as it gets later. At least I can pop in for Iron Banner semi-regularly.

Sooo, found a guy on Destinylfg and we just tried the Thorn/Xyor strike. For the last 1.5 hrs. Without getting Xyor to even appear. And only getting 1 dropship to appear. wtf?!?

Got the Mythoclast and titan helmet from killing Atheon with some randoms, that was the best drop I ever had.  I'm happy.

Got the Mythoclast and titan helmet from killing Atheon with some randoms, that was the best drop I ever had. I'm happy.
Congrats on vex ^~^ glad to hear u got it. Im addicted to DA: I at the moment, but ill be on sometime today and monday to finish the weekly stuff. Madvasgt

Congrats on vex ^~^ glad to hear u got it. Im addicted to DA: I at the moment, but ill be on sometime today and monday to finish the weekly stuff. Madvasgt
Thanks. I had already beaten Atheon on normal on that character, seems weird I got the 2 drops on hard. Actually I got 3 drops, got the time breaker again.

Hurry up, Iron Banner is half over. Now that I have 2 level 30 titans, its time work on the warlock.

Got to level 4 with my titan, bought the gauntlets and the mark. So only thing left to do is get to rank 5, which i will do with my titan because he is more fun to play as than my hunter. Not sure if im going to buy those guns, but probably the shader.

Did it again, 26 kills 1 death in iron banner on the same mars map. Not the one with the big circular B room, but the other one where they changed the control points around. Funny thing is when i went 24-1 it was on the same map. Camping B point from afar is a great way to get kills. :D Was using invective and shadow price with my swarm machine gun.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/536015889678614529

Got to level 2 and 1/4 in IB with my Hunter hopefully I can get to 3 or even 4 today.

BTW I ended up buying an Xbox one  Titan Fall bundle for around $370, but part of me is not feeling it. I feel like the PS will eat all the time, and it will just sit there  :cry:, but the price was good (I think). I believe I can return it, but mmm I don't know  :whistle2:k

Man, I had the hardest kick I've ever experienced while playing Destiny... 3 hour power outage for my block. 

And it happened while in the Hard Atheon fight.

Ended my night for sure.  Though, the power company probably did me a favor.  Another group of 30's who need to work on their weapons first and relic skills second.

I did get another raid chest and 5th Praedyth's Revenge.  Hope trading becomes reality and I can get something decent for all these PR snipers and Found Truth shottys.

And since I've got the chest piece, I guess I should redirect my time to Iron Banner and go for the boots and gloves. It'd be less stuff to juggle between the two toons.

I didn't do IB the first time around, but I really thought there would be some variety in the playlist. I mean, playing control for a solid week is getting kinda lame. Really thought they'd do 1 mode per day. Got to level 3 this morning, got my boots (only need the helm to get to 30 now), but really have no desire to push for level 4 or 5...

I've needed boots to get to level to level 30 for so long...I get rank 3 in IB and upgrade them boots.  I was so happy.

Then I did the raid, 2 sets of boots, 5 minutes apart.  Got them at Oracles and Templar.

RNGesus, you are cruel.

Destiny servers sucking wind right now. Booting entire teams... ugh.

Finally all 3 characters are level 30!
l3sLTXG.jpg

zqtBD5I.jpg

kYWTHkp.jpg

Now my stockpile will grow by a fucking lot (it's already up there) in the next 3 weeks (before DLC drops), no armor to upgrade (unless I get a nice roll on perks or certain stats that trump what I have equipped)

7KuAwVY.jpg

Now I can do w/e Raid, which ever part, not worrying for drops

(Hoping I could get Fatebringer before DLC, here's hoping)

I played a little IB before my guests arrived. My last round I got 1.25 k/d for the first time...and 10 kills. I jumt hung out by the capture point my team spawned at and people kept coming by themselves to capture it. So I'd just take them out. Too bad I didn't figure that out until I was down a bunch of deaths...

Got my first Vision of Confluence last night, thanks to Mars and his crew.  Wouldn't you know it drops for me on normal Atheon, where I got jack when I had run Hard up to Atheon the night before :roll:

NotoriousR.N.G., you so craz-eee!

Now if I can just get the Fatebringer... and ascendent energy. LOTS & LOTS of energy :???:

I'm swimming in Vision of Confluence and Atheon's Epilogue. You run the raid enough and you'll grow to hate that drop ;).

I saw someone pull 2 x Fatebringer from the same checkpoint (Oracles I think) last week. This proves that you get a chance from the hard prize pool twice when running only on Hard (whereas common sense says it would be 1 normal + 1 hard selection). This is actually a disadvantage if you are looking for regular Raid armor, which I still am on one character. But if you want something like Fatebringer that is the way to go.

All I have left to get before I have every single Raid item is the fusion rifle (Praetorian Foil), Hunter body and boots, and Warlock helm...

I'm swimming in Vision of Confluence and Atheon's Epilogue. You run the raid enough and you'll grow to hate that drop ;).
You saying they're the shader of Raid weapon drops? Because I have a 4bdr house made up of Chatterwhite that would say otherwise ;)

At least VoC will be more helpful during the next DLC and all those NF missions with shielded shanks. Because I don't think the Hive care if we look like cover models.

I think it is just that there aren't that many drops from Atheon. On Normal, it is AE, VoC, mats, ship, sparrow, and Chatterwhite. So if you do the end of the Raid enough, eventually you'll get a lot of those things. For me the ship and sparrow were actually the most scarce. To this day, with 19 Raid completions (according to the Grimoire progress that popped up last time), including about 5 on hard (so double drops), I've gotten one single regular Raid ship and one single hard mode Raid ship. I was low on the sparrows, too, until last week when I got 2 (so now I have 4 total). But I've gotten at least 4 each of AE and VoC.

But, no, it is nothing like Chatterwhite. I lost count but I've gotten 12-15 of those.

Iron banner done for me, got all 3 characters to level 30. Losing steam on this game. I even got new gear but i dont even want to bother trying to farm spirit bloom to upgrade it. Wish there was some kind of exchange system, materials for shards/energy, motes for materials, something to give me a lot of materials without having to run around planets for hours. The PVP still has major lag issues that stop it from being fun. Most of the people i play against have bad connections, hell i even have a bad connection for the majority of the time. These servers are garbage. Raid is almost pointless now, i only want the hunter helm you can get for beating atheon on hard. That or i want to get the flawless raider trophy, the last one i need. Think i might start to play Assassins Creed Unity and play destiny on tuesdays.

Iron banner done for me, got all 3 characters to level 30. Losing steam on this game. I even got new gear but i dont even want to bother trying to farm spirit bloom to upgrade it. Wish there was some kind of exchange system, materials for shards/energy, motes for materials, something to give me a lot of materials without having to run around planets for hours. The PVP still has major lag issues that stop it from being fun. Most of the people i play against have bad connections, hell i even have a bad connection for the majority of the time. These servers are garbage. Raid is almost pointless now, i only want the hunter helm you can get for beating atheon on hard. That or i want to get the flawless raider trophy, the last one i need. Think i might start to play Assassins Creed Unity and play destiny on tuesdays.
Bungie has already promised a new way to purchase materials and it's coming before the expansion so either this week or next week. I am hoping it uses marks since they are pretty much pointless (and you can already exchange materials for marks).

Btw, Game Informer posted a vidoc on the first expansion. I, for one, am pretty hyped. Hopefully the content lasts longer than a couple weeks. The raid should be fun at least.

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=features&y=2014&m=11&d=23&WeblogPostID=7125196&GroupKeys=

If not, I too will be picking up some games I missed after Destiny came out.

Thats good news, because like you said marks are pretty useless when you have iron banner/raid gear and better versions of the guns from drops. I would love to use my marks to buy some materials, especially spirit bloom! Spirit bloom is the only material i hate to get really because i dont know of a good area to run around in. Sometimes i go in the area where you enter the cave when heading toward the prince strike, but a lot of times these caves have no chests.

The Ishtar commons, where the downed ship is in the middle, is the best place to farm spirit bloom, just do a perimeter checking the rooms, and the top of the ship and keep repeating

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12264754" timestamp="1416846741"]Thats good news, because like you said marks are pretty useless when you have iron banner/raid gear and better versions of the guns from drops. I would love to use my marks to buy some materials, especially spirit bloom! Spirit bloom is the only material i hate to get really because i dont know of a good area to run around in. Sometimes i go in the area where you enter the cave when heading toward the prince strike, but a lot of times these caves have no chests.[/quote]

I usually farm spirit blooms where you start in the nexus strike. There are like 5 rooms that spawns chest there and there are constanly blooms respawing in trees

Best Spots for Farming for me

Spinmetal - Rocket Yards (this is the zone where you start The Devil's Lair strike, train yard)

Helium Filaments - Archer's Line (starting area of patrol)

Spiritbloom - Ember Caves (The Winter's Run Strike zone, left just as you start patrol on Venus)

Scablands or The Buried City - Relic Iron (Scablands is good until extra people join you, then shit gets chaotic if they break ahead or start somewhere else, Buried City is great location to move to when you want to get away from all the clutter of people zooming in/out)

Got all 3 characters to level 3 in IB, but I need the warlock's gauntlets since I don't have that piece yet so I rather grind IB more that depend on RNGesus. Went on a 12.0 K/D ratio last night btw  :D/

Iron Banner is pretty fun if you can roll with a group of at least 4. Titan bubbles and Pocket Infinities FTW :twoguns: I don't think I can do PVP with randoms, most of them are so stupid.

All my characters are 30 now, I feel like I can get this destiny monkey off my back for a few days at least.

Got all 3 characters to level 3 in IB, but I need the warlock's gauntlets since I don't have that piece yet so I rather grind IB more that depend on RNGesus. Went on a 12.0 K/D ratio last night btw :D/
Quick tought...now with the cap being raised to 32...are we going to have to grind this much to get the set pieces to get to max...I might not be able to do it all again if the drop rate is as fuck as it currently is. Just play here and there and move on to other things

Quick tought...now with the cap being raised to 32...are we going to have to grind this much to get the set pieces to get to max...I might not be able to do it all again if the drop rate is as fuck as it currently is. Just play here and there and move on to other things
I hope not, but I prepared for it and made another Titan, just in case. It would really suck if they don't fix the RNG.

Iron Banner is pretty fun if you can roll with a group of at least 4. Titan bubbles and Pocket Infinities FTW :twoguns: I don't think I can do PVP with randoms, most of them are so stupid.

All my characters are 30 now, I feel like I can get this destiny monkey off my back for a few days at least.
Until I get a PocketInfinity I will despise all of its users :nottalking: . From my perspective that is an OP weapon beyond any of the ones that have being nerfed.

I hope not, but I prepared for it and made another Titan, just in case. It would really suck if they don't fix the RNG.
While having a secondary of the same class as your primary gets you resources pretty fast, man I do not regret deleting my second Titan and switching into a Hunter. It really gives you 6 different styles (soon 9 if they add the third class) to play with

I actually put in some real time on IB last night. All thanks to jgu and his info on those gloves Xur was selling for titans. Already had Unbreakable and Relentless activated but these gauntlets make a huge difference in performance.

I got a late start last night and didn't find many raiders available. So I figured why not try out the No Backup plan gauntlets. Well, what started as a quick try-out turned into my whole night.

They were so fun to use... to the point that I felt sorry for the other team. Then one of them would activate their Bladedancer & I wouldn't care about them anymore :lol: .

This is the first time I didn't feel like my defender titan was at a disadvantage. It was hilarious seeing all the players trying to rush me and I'm just punching away. Got to the point where the other players completely aggro'd on me and would activate their supers to take me out. Which worked out well, since they couldn't use it on my teammates & whenever I did go down, my teammates would clean up.

Anyway, moved my IB rank up to 2 3/4 in about 4 hrs total, I think. I should definitely hit 3 tonight but don't know about hitting 4 and still having time to farm the necessary glimmer. Now I wish I had paid more attention to IB... oh well.

Best Spots for Farming for me

Spinmetal - Rocket Yards (this is the zone where you start The Devil's Lair strike, train yard)

Helium Filaments - Archer's Line (starting area of patrol)

Spiritbloom - Ember Caves (The Winter's Run Strike zone, left just as you start patrol on Venus)

Scablands or The Buried City - Relic Iron (Scablands is good until extra people join you, then shit gets chaotic if they break ahead or start somewhere else, Buried City is great location to move to when you want to get away from all the clutter of people zooming in/out)
I use two of those myself, the Ember Caves for Spirit Bloom and Scablands for Relic. For Spinmetal I have the best success in the area where the Spider Tank Public Event spawns and the same for the Moon/Helium. That's another area like the Scablands though that can get hectic if a bunch of people are there farming.

I actually put in some real time on IB last night. All thanks to jgu and his info on those gloves Xur was selling for titans. Already had Unbreakable and Relentless activated but these gauntlets make a huge difference in performance.

I got a late start last night and didn't find many raiders available. So I figured why not try out the No Backup plan gauntlets. Well, what started as a quick try-out turned into my whole night.

They were so fun to use... to the point that I felt sorry for the other team. Then one of them would activate their Bladedancer & I wouldn't care about them anymore :lol: .

This is the first time I didn't feel like my defender titan was at a disadvantage. It was hilarious seeing all the players trying to rush me and I'm just punching away. Got to the point where the other players completely aggro'd on me and would activate their supers to take me out. Which worked out well, since they couldn't use it on my teammates & whenever I did go down, my teammates would clean up.

Anyway, moved my IB rank up to 2 3/4 in about 4 hrs total, I think. I should definitely hit 3 tonight but don't know about hitting 4 and still having time to farm the necessary glimmer. Now I wish I had paid more attention to IB... oh well.
Glad to help out another BubbleBro. I haven't had time to level up my No Backup Plans yet. If you add a fully leveled up Pocket Infinity to that formula, you'll probably make their whole team rage quit.

I use two of those myself, the Ember Caves for Spirit Bloom and Scablands for Relic. For Spinmetal I have the best success in the area where the Spider Tank Public Event spawns and the same for the Moon/Helium. That's another area like the Scablands though that can get hectic if a bunch of people are there farming.
+1 on both areas. This is where I go too.

But, yeah, it gets screwy once there are too many people. Though I've had times where others realize what we're doing and group up for the farming run.

Glad to help out another BubbleBro. I haven't had time to level up my No Backup Plans yet. If you add a fully leveled up Pocket Infinity to that formula, you'll probably make their whole team rage quit.
Got the xp maxed out on my set, which gives you an idea on how much use they saw :D . Just need helium to finish them off.

Now to work on the 2nd set for my other titan.

And I'm sitting on the Pocket Infinity bounty; only need to finish the kills. But since it's the last day of IB, the Comedian's gonna get to see more fun.

Thanks again.

The Pocket Infinity fully upgraded is pretty awesome. Unlike Light/Beware, you just have to learn to anticipate enemy encounters a little faster with the Pocket Infinity's slower charge rate. Once you do you become hard to stop. 

I reached level 5 in the Iron Banner over the weekend with my Warlock and picked up the Goldspiral Shader + Gheleon's Demise. I tried to reforge the Demise a few times to get perfect balance but after 5 tries I figured it wasn't worth spending any more motes of light on. I ended with Luck in the Chamber + Third Eye w/ a fitted stock for better stability. It's kind of a poor man's VoC. 

I also got the Timur's Lash and Jolder's Hammer to drop while playing IB. Does everyone get these when they reached a certain rank in the Iron Banner? It seemed like quite a few were dropping last night for people, maybe it's just a coincidence. Jolder's Hammer seems to be a pretty decent legendary machine gun.

Totally. Just ask 7th how much fun we were having in the Iron Banner with the Pocket Infinity.
That freaking gun is such a pain in the behind. Every time we see it we have to switch our style to full blown camping/hide mode. Can't get close because it kills you, middle distance...it kills you.

That freaking gun is such a pain in the behind. Every time we see it we have to switch our style to full blown camping/hide mode. Can't get close because it kills you, middle distance...it kills you.
Haha, exactly. I use it like a primary. Now imagine half the team using it.

Don't have an Universal Remote yet, but I can imagine the terror I would be if I was wielding those weapons in Iron Banner. No wait that's an exotic, sad ...

Nothing better than the enemy team seeing my titan bubble. Actually pointed at one guy, then he waved at me while i popped out and shot him with pocket infinity. LOL Its also awesome when someone misses me with their one fusion rifle shot and then i unload on them with 3 shots. I almost use that gun exclusively during the iron banner lately since i really dont need to go for bounties.

Haha, exactly. I use it like a primary. Now imagine half the team using it.

Don't have an Universal Remote yet, but I can imagine the terror I would be if I was wielding those weapons in Iron Banner. No wait that's an exotic, sad ...

Nothing better than the enemy team seeing my titan bubble. Actually pointed at one guy, then he waved at me while i popped out and shot him with pocket infinity. LOL Its also awesome when someone misses me with their one fusion rifle shot and then i unload on them with 3 shots. I almost use that gun exclusively during the iron banner lately since i really dont need to go for bounties.
I hate you guys :nottalking:

bread's done
Back