Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Yeah xur was garbage. I was hoping he would have praxic fire or the arachnid helm, but he didnt. I bought 2 exotic engrams just to store till the next DLC comes out. I am planning on buying a bunch of arm, leg, helm, chest so when the DLC comes out i can turn them all in and hope i get some good stuff.

Yeah xur was garbage. I was hoping he would have praxic fire or the arachnid helm, but he didnt. I bought 2 exotic engrams just to store till the next DLC comes out. I am planning on buying a bunch of arm, leg, helm, chest so when the DLC comes out i can turn them all in and hope i get some good stuff.
No point in storing engrams, the contents of engrams are already rolled, been determined, when you obtain them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 2 exotic engrams just to store till the next DLC comes out. I am planning on buying a bunch of arm, leg, helm, chest so when the DLC comes out i can turn them all in and hope i get some good stuff.
isnt this what people where tryng to do when bungie mentioned the change of loot drop percentages and pre dlc drops? I think jimmy is right saying its already predetermined. I remember bungie even trolled people who accumulated legendary engrams saying that "we know those are going to turn into blue anyways!" Lol

No point in storing engrams, the contents of engrams are already rolled, been determined, when you obtain them.
Crap, so i bought 2 for nothing LOL. Maybe ill get some upgraded sun breakers then. :/

I got a legendary helmet engram from PVP and it turned into a light 27 titan helmet. Like WTF? I did get a cool scout rifle that picks up ammo when you shoot it, and the fire burst rounds, but its only a 242 blue.

Not only will those engrams not have new DLC items but they're also going to have the current (and soon to be old) light level. Good thing you have so many motes to spare haha.

Sorry I couldn't post the Xur-pocalypse... I barely stayed awake for it. 

But like everyone already knows,  IT SUCKED!

Knocked out a few bounties and just squeezed in my 2nd runs for NF and weekly. NF gave me 9 energies.

That was a follow-up to my last NF where I got coins.  I expect my last run to be ascendant shards :nottalking: ...

So I'll just pre-emptively say  fuck  you RNG!!!

Send me your psn for Ps4 guys for random raids/nightfall etc. Need more friends for random stuff:p
Show me yours and I'll show you mine :shock: :mrgreen:

Awe, who my kidding, mine is in my profile. But seriously, you'll get more traction posting your PSN ID

I think I'm on failstreak this week, another group cannot bring Atheon health down even a little bit even once, either failed to shoot oracles down or couldn't protect the platform :wall:
Xur sells garbage again, well at least 2 exotic bounties done made up for all that shit.

I didn't buy anything from Xur for about 3 weeks now, so I actually did find some stuff I wanted this week...Upgraded Ice Breaker, Dragon's Breath, and a few engrams. Wasn't all that bad of a Xur weekend for me haha.

Yeah like you said it was only not bad for you because you hadn't bought anything for weeks. His inventory was the exact same as it was (minus the upgrades) the last time he sold Dragons Breath. If he really is RNG then the odds of that are astronomical.

(PS: I don't believe he really is RNG)

Let's be real though. How many things that Xur can sell are there left that you guys actually need? The only weapon I don't have at 331 that Xur can sell is Red Death. Armor wise there are a lot more I haven't upgraded, but the only piece I actually want is Helm of Saint 14. When I went through and looked at which exotics I had a few weeks ago it made me realize that Xur is nothing for me to get excited and subsequently disappointed over anymore. For newer players or people with horrible luck it's understandable, but I would imagine most people like me who have been playing a lot and running raids, nightfalls, and other things on multiple characters since the beginning or close to it already have most of the exotics they want. I was hoping Xur would sell heavy synths this week so I could restock, but I honestly don't give Xur much thought these days. If he brings one of the items I want great. If he doesn't I wasn't expecting him to anyway.

I mean yes and no. Sure there isn't much I'd even want from Xur outside of heavy ammo synths, HotPF or chest engrams... but that doesn't change the fact that he consistently repeats his inventory and in this case is EXACTLY the same as it was a four weeks ago. It's gotten even worse since the DLC seeing as a good 80% of the stuff he's sold since then has been from the DLC. I am a completionist. I want that goddamn HotPF. His inventory is clearly not RNG. Why the hell can't they sell that one exotic just once? Or at the very least sell chest engrams to give me at least a chance at it? (My luck is pretty good and I'd probably get it. It's how I got my OM before he sold it.) It has been 16 weeks since he's sold chest engrams. 16!!!! (And btw, he's only sold it twice before that. So a total of a whole whopping 3 times out of 21. ) While I may be better off than others when it comes to my drops/luck it doesn't change the fact that Xur can still be infuriating for me.

EDIT: My point, really, is that because he is not RNG there is no odds in play. I can see it if he was, the odds of him selling that one thing that I need or selling chest engrams would be low. But since he's not, it's really irritating knowing that the fools who decide his inventory can't put HotPF in there once. I get why they won't with the G-Horn and even though I'd love to have 2 more I already have one so that one isn't as big of a deal. But HotPF? Come on. The damn thing is overrated anyways and isn't game-breaking in any sense of the word. I just want it for the sake of having it. Is that really too much to ask? lol

EDIT 2: HotPF isn't the only thing I need. There is still quite a few guns/armor that I have that are still with the old light/damage. HotPF is the only exotic I've never had, though and that is why I really want it.

Did hard crota on my 31 to try and get more mats...got the wrong kind. We got to the deathsinger and the group was lfg so of course they started bailing and said such hilarious things as "I have no rockets" to which I reply "WTF do you think you are going to do if we make it to Crota?". If anyone needs a 6th for hard crota checkpoint hit me up, I know what I'm doing, and on my Titan last night we did it on my first try when I was invited to a group with a couple people I raided with before. It was silky smooth. I have heavy ammo synth too...

I'd be down for doing VOG on hard as well just on the off chance I could get a gjally drop from atheon...

Please add me to your friends list.  qcjoe is my PSN.  I have a level 29 warlock and hunter and have never raided before in Destiny.  Id like to start.  

Lets see what could Xur sell that i could use?

Armor i dont have

1. Heart of the Praxic Fire
  2. Heart of the Praxic Fire
  3. Heart of the Praxic Fire
  4. ATS/8 Arachnid

Armor i need light level 36

1. Light Beyond Nemesis
  2. Voidfang Vestments
  3. Young Ahamkaras Spine
  4. Lucky Raspberry
  5. Crest of Alpha Lupi
  6. No Backup Plans

Weapons i dont have

1. Monte Carlo (doubt he will sell it since its PSN exclusive)

Weapons which need upgraded

1. Truth
  2. Hard Light
  3. Patience and Time
  4. The Last Word
  5. Plan C
Most of the helmets i have that are 36 is because of all the exotic helmet engrams i have bought over time since the DLC was released. I think i would rather spend strange coins, since i have 319, rather than spend glimmer and exotic shards upgrading armor/weapons again. But i really wish he would sell the Praxic Fire or Arachnid helmet. If he isnt selling one of those its a disappointment.

only was able to 2 crota runs today. no new armors for my hunter or my lock but i did get light of abyss. will not probably be 32 anytime soon with the way I'm playing right now. hardly get to play anymore due to being busy... sheesh!

Beat Crota Hard mode twice and got both scout rifle and hand cannon. Now all I need is the black hammer and i will have every gun from Crota's End. I still never got a Husk of the Pit despite killing countless of sword bearers, but I'm not really looking forward to getting it anyway. Does anyone else still not have it yet? 

My titan is also really low on class mats and I need about 100 of them and 42 radiant shards to get her to Lvl 32. 

Also I just realized I'm pretty close to getting a platinum in this game, I just need the clan trophies and flawless raider.  :wall:

Beat Crota Hard mode twice and got both scout rifle and hand cannon. Now all I need is the black hammer and i will have every gun from Crota's End. I still never got a Husk of the Pit despite killing countless of sword bearers, but I'm not really looking forward to getting it anyway. Does anyone else still not have it yet?

My titan is also really low on class mats and I need about 100 of them and 42 radiant shards to get her to Lvl 32.

Also I just realized I'm pretty close to getting a platinum in this game, I just need the clan trophies and flawless raider. :wall:
Off topic but holy shit man. You've gotten the platinum for 72 out of the 82 games you've played? And here I was talking about being a completionist. Christ haha.

Someone posted this on Reddit today. It's a stream from a while back in which Deej confirms Xur is not random. He says there are people that pick what he sells. I am curious to know if they just straight pick what he sells every week or if there is some kind of system in place. After this week it seems like they might just be using premade tables. I really hope they aren't just straight picking each week because if they are weeks like this one really become a giant slap in the face. Anyway here's hoping they decide to sell the stuff we want soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLxHKQA-Eew&feature=youtu.be

So ive been trying to level up factions to get their shaders/ships, or maybe even a gun that i may like, but mainly for shaders.

Dead Orbit Rank 15 - Bittersteel shader

Future War Cult Rank 16 - No shaders

New Monarchy Rank 8 - No shader

Really wish they would drop more often. I can only rank it up a level maybe every other day. Usually i get the shard/energy/mote crap along with a commendation and maybe an emblem. But im getting sick of playing laggy PVP just to level these up faster. Part of me feels like i should just stop, since the drop rate seems very very low.  I also have gotten zero ships so far. I think the FWC ship looks the coolest.

You know my advice already but here it is anyways.... just stop playing PvP and level them up every 4 days instead.

Off topic but holy shit man. You've gotten the platinum for 72 out of the 82 games you've played? And here I was talking about being a completionist. Christ haha.
Not sure if you were talking about Destiny completionist or trophy completionist. Cuz I'm not sure 34% is in the realm of completionist =P.

I started a lot of PS games back in the day and never finished them. So I think I had something like 40% completion or so. But managed to bump it up to ~70% over the course of a year. Didn't require very much playtime either.

Not sure if you were talking about Destiny completionist or trophy completionist. Cuz I'm not sure 34% is in the realm of completionist =P.

I started a lot of PS games back in the day and never finished them. So I think I had something like 40% completion or so. But managed to bump it up to ~70% over the course of a year. Didn't require very much playtime either.
For me, both. I am still very much a completionist but not for games I lose interest in or that have what I considering to be annoying trophies. (IE: Multiplayer. I don't normally enjoy playing online but Destiny and Burnout: Paradise are a rare exception.)

One thing I still wonder why this game is kinda online only but it doesn't have any microtransaction items, idk cosmetic look e.g., I mean like something that make your character unique from others instead of lazy ass work reskinning items e.g ship from Crota and the other legendary ship, exact same body just w Hive skin.

P.S.
Like how Borderlands 2 did.

PSN down. Status says offline. Hopefully it's not a hack again. Sheesh! I even just got the 5 day extension notice from them recently.

ArJay2k8 said:
This is totally off-topic but I'm gonna post it here anyways....

Superbowl Champs bitches!!!
I see you already got the Sherman reaction pic as your avatar. I expect we'll see LOTS and LOTS of Sherman reaction gifs in response to people snatching defeat from the jaws of victory from now on...

It would have been the perfect reaction to those two hour Crota hard mode runs (in the first week) which ended with Crota at a sliver of health and the sword bearer killed by a boomer on the last swing ;).

Oh you mean...

bydhzbqgn5p11s3x0sqh.gif

Yeah that has definitely been me during a few HM Crota runs.

The thing that kind of sucks about Crota is it feels, even more than the previous raid with the shield holders, like you are standing around watching the sword bearer do everything. This game needs a raid simulator or something so you can have experience with the relic and sword.

Yeah I use http://www.destinylfg.net/ often. Sometimes you get a bad group but its all experience in the end. Just change the settings for the raid you want to do. Start on normal instead of hard until you get experience, and look for a group that says they need more people instead of trying to find 5 people on your own. Send a message with your psn to the person posting on the site and wait for an invite to a chat party on psn. Usually it takes a few tries before you find a group that will invite you and they may ask about experience or if you have certain weapons or your level. I think the destiny reddit has fireteams and stuff too so you may try looking for a team there that needs someone as well. I havent tried reddit yet.

Not gonna lie...  The crota fight is getting to me.

No matter how well you do, you can still be f'ed over by the glitches, all while you burn thru Heavy ammo (yeah, fix the crota cheese but do nothing about the same damn problem of losing ammo). And Bungie's trying to salvage their timeline by restricting your access to heavy ammo (MF'er Xur).

Lost track of the # of times that we'd down the swordbearer only to have the sword disappear or glitch so that our guy couldn't pick it up. Plus Crota's insta-stand & slash is just bull

And like jem said, 5 of us get stuck standing around, waiting for the 6th to get our loot.

If they really wanted to focus on the Sword of Crota they should  have required us all to hold a sword and deliver a real beat-down.  Argh... just had to vent.

Just joined a fresh run CE normal using destinylfg. Took us less than 30mins to finish. Lamp jump done by titan, dispawn thrall on the bridge using the 2 person strategy (hunter crosses bridge, everyone dies, the lock resurrects, revive everyone and snipe all the way, got the chest at the thrall hallway. Dps deathsinger, then did 1st run crota kill. Didnt get any armor for my titan which sucks coz he only has the gauntlets right now. Was hoping atleast boots and chest but never happened. I did get monte carlo and light of abyss which i already have though.

Not gonna lie... The crota fight is getting to me.

No matter how well you do, you can still be f'ed over by the glitches, all while you burn thru Heavy ammo (yeah, fix the crota cheese but do nothing about the same damn problem of losing ammo). And Bungie's trying to salvage their timeline by restricting your access to heavy ammo (MF'er Xur).

Lost track of the # of times that we'd down the swordbearer only to have the sword disappear or glitch so that our guy couldn't pick it up. Plus Crota's insta-stand & slash is just bull

And like jem said, 5 of us get stuck standing around, waiting for the 6th to get our loot.

If they really wanted to focus on the Sword of Crota they should have required us all to hold a sword and deliver a real beat-down. Argh... just had to vent.
Lol. Yeah its the worst point of the Raid I think, and it all comes down to how good the SB is, and hope no glitches happen . Also add the trying to get a group together and you end up waisting tons of time. Did it today on Normal, went pretty fast on both runs, and that was actually fun. Thunderlord (2nd time), Last Word, Black Hammer (5th), shards and yet another shader.

Not bad loot, but I would rather the 2nd TL was a Ghorn =P~

Not gonna lie... The crota fight is getting to me.

No matter how well you do, you can still be f'ed over by the glitches, all while you burn thru Heavy ammo (yeah, fix the crota cheese but do nothing about the same damn problem of losing ammo). And Bungie's trying to salvage their timeline by restricting your access to heavy ammo (MF'er Xur).

Lost track of the # of times that we'd down the swordbearer only to have the sword disappear or glitch so that our guy couldn't pick it up. Plus Crota's insta-stand & slash is just bull

If they really wanted to focus on the Sword of Crota they should have required us all to hold a sword and deliver a real beat-down. Argh... just had to vent.
Lol. Yeah its the worst point of the Raid I think, and it all comes down to how good the SB is, and hope no glitches happen . Also add the trying to get a group together and you end up waisting tons of time. Did it today on Normal, went pretty fast on both runs, and that was actually fun. Thunderlord (2nd time), Last Word, Black Hammer (5th), shards and yet another shader.

Not bad loot, but I would rather the 2nd TL was a Ghorn =P~

Did sCroata on hard with peeps from my friends list...guess I've built it enough now I only have to lfg during the day. Took longer than my first time but we had 3 31 and had glitches until we had sword go start a new game then joined on him, then we did it like second try. Got the helmet I needed and glowhoo so it was good enough for me. Helped a group with oracles and Templar after and got shards and energy. Saw two fatebringers drop. Looking forward to reset and doing it all again...I'll have my hunter to 32 this week. I played on my warlock and got him to 8 on Sunday...I have 3 exotic helms for him so what the hell.

I've taken a break from Destiny the past week or so mainly because the end game of trying to LFG up and raid with others has been a rather disappointing experience. Unless you have a good raid group or have success with LFG then there isn't really much else to do after a certain point. I might give it another shot as I like the game but the limitations are starting to outweigh the enjoyment of Destiny. That and the damn RNG loot drops. Seriously, I still do not have a Gjallarhorn, which apparently limits my participation in raiding.  :wall:

Just have the Crota Rocket or another tracking rocket maxed and have ammo synth and people will let you join. Everyone doesnt need Gjally. The problem is when people wont use synth and sit there and say I dont have rockets. Those people deserve to be kicked.

I still enjoy doing bounties and leveling up guns and stuff...I'm over 300 hours and started a third character though so I'm probably cray cray...

Just have the Crota Rocket or another tracking rocket maxed and have ammo synth and people will let you join. Everyone doesnt need Gjally. The problem is when people wont use synth and sit there and say I dont have rockets. Those people deserve to be kicked.

I still enjoy doing bounties and leveling up guns and stuff...I'm over 300 hours and started a third character though so I'm probably cray cray...
Nope you are still in the sane limits, I have at least 20 days into this game, and others are way above the point of salvation (you know who I'm talking about =P~ ). Just like you I enjoy the shooting, but started other games and well usual coding on the side. Also the whole putting a team together for 10 or more minutes is just not worth it :drool:

Nope you are still in the sane limits, I have at least 20 days into this game, and others are way above the point of salvation (you know who I'm talking about =P~ ). Just like you I enjoy the shooting, but started other games and well usual coding on the side. Also the whole putting a team together for 10 or more minutes is just not worth it :drool:
Users here should really use reddit fireteams to quickly put groups together. Most of the people there are friendly and really helpful. I have been using that for the longest because the community isn't too picky with what weapons and gears people have.

Also I finished the nightfalls and weekly and got a hunter gauntlet I already had (first exotic from a nightfall in the longest time) and saw someone get the 4th horseman. This weeks was really easy considering the triple burn. Aksor went down in less than 30 secs with my Gally.

Hope I get a black hammer this week!

Destiny you are doing a terrible job of making me want to keep coming back. Three nightfalls run and I get a 12 Ascendant Shards (6x2) and a Universal Remote which has already been sharded.

Then, me 7 and Ig run the bridge part on Crota NM in hopes I can finally get the Hunter chest piece. 7 and Ig get chest pieces (Which neither of them needed) and I got Energy.

Like, I understand the whole "Well if you got what you wanted you'd stop playing" side of the argument but honestly having this crap happen over and over again is 100x worse imo. I just don't even know anymore.

Destiny you are doing a terrible job of making me want to keep coming back. Three nightfalls run and I get a 12 Ascendant Shards (6x2) and a Universal Remote which has already been sharded.

Then, me 7 and Ig run the bridge part on Crota NM in hopes I can finally get the Hunter chest piece. 7 and Ig get chest pieces (Which neither of them needed) and I got Energy.

Like, I understand the whole "Well if you got what you wanted you'd stop playing" side of the argument but honestly having this crap happen over and over again is 100x worse imo. I just don't even know anymore.
At this point I have given up on Ghorn, that makes me want to play even less (GTA5 heists coming out sometime doesn't help). Got all sets of Raid gear for each character, and now materials (as in armor mats) start becoming the issue :-({|= .

I have both ib and gal. when i try lfg, having those in your ad surely gets u invited easily. I actually use ib and hunger combo more though. Teams usually just need 2-3 members w rockets to down crota easily. The other 2 can just be on boomer duty and just pop in some shots into crota if possible.

I do hope i can do some raid this weekbut im doubtful coz my sched at work. Grrr!

I got a 2nd Hawkmoon from the deathsinger on normal. Its a great reward but i dont really need another, i wanted a monte carlo. But i did get my warlock chest piece so i can get all 3 characters to 32. Now the only thing to play for is monte carlo, heart of the praxic fire, arachnid helmet, hunter and warlock crota helmets, and crux of crota. Seems like the crota raid is becoming useless faster than the VOG did. I mean yeah im glad i got the armor needed to get to 32, but wow, i already have every weapon crota drops. Just need to beat crota boss battles from now on to get what i need.

As for nightfalls i got 11 energy, even though i already have like 665 energy in the vault. I forget the second thing i got, but i did get an obsidian mind from my last nightfall that had a bit more intellect and less strength than the one i bought from xur, so it was at least useful.

Anyone who gets anything besides a legendary weapon from the Nightfall has no reason to complain. I have gotten purple drops at least 9 or 10 Nightfalls in a row. And the only thing that interrupted that streak was a single drop of 7 or 9 energies. Before that it was another several purples in a row. I haven't gotten an exotic or even strange coins since at least mid-Dec (and I'm talking about 3 runs per week).

And the Hard mode weapons are way easier to obtain (via RNG at least) than the regular ones. I'm still looking for a Hunger of Crota, but I've gotten 2-6 each of the hard mode primaries. I still need the Crux, though, or I wouldn't run Hard at all any more.

Anyone who gets anything besides a legendary weapon from the Nightfall has no reason to complain.
bydhzbqgn5p11s3x0sqh.gif

Ummm...what? A legendary weapon is the best thing you can get after an exotic. I'd much rather get a legendary gun that could possibly be of good use (I've got my Vanquisher III, my scout rifle with firefly, a really good void fusion rifle, among others from the nightfall.) than materials that I already have over 300 of. Might as well give me 10 spinmetal while you're at it. Coins at least can be put to use if Xur decides to sell heavy ammo synths but is still a pretty crappy reward considering 9 coins is the reward for the much easier weekly.. And what about engrams? You're adding RNG to the already RNG'ness of the nightfall. Now I have to chance my luck with the cryptarch? Every single time I've gotten an engram from the nightfall it's turned in to either shards or energy. But I have no reason to complain? Get out of here with that nonsense man.

I'm still looking for a Hunger of Crota, but I've gotten 2-6 each of the hard mode primaries. I still need the Crux, though, or I wouldn't run Hard at all any more.
Feels like bungie changed the drop rate for hunger of crota. Since its behaves like a gally (overpowered somewhat), seems like bungie lowered the drop rate for the item. I got lucky i got it the 2nd week of the dlc but i havent gotten it again since

bread's done
Back