Devil May Cry 4 - DEMO Jan 24th 2008 - What platform are you getting it on?

[quote name='Apossum']Too bad you need a $5000 PC to run it. Not to mention hassles like huge, impossible-to-figure-out paradoxes like driver updates.[/quote]

...I dont like NO POINT AND CLICK DEVIL MAY CRY!

if i get it, it will be the 360...I like getting online on the 360 and seeing which of my friends are online...I love the achievement setup on the 360 (the ps3 doesn't have shit setup yet that can compare to the nerd points and tropies in a room in home doesn't do it for me)

As for load times, the ign podcast beyond (ps3 podcast) talked about that. They claim there are still load times on the ps3. I don't remeber exact numbers, but roughly it was under a second or 2 for both the ps3 and 360 in between stages. The ps3 was better, but it was very little. The load times for big cut scenes is where the ps3 shined. Allegedly, the 360 was roughly 3x longer. The ps3 had IIRC about 5 second loads and the 360 had 15 second loads. Personally, if I have to wait 30 min to load, I can handle an extra 10 seconds everytime a big cutscene comes up. So unless IGN was lying, the no load time argument is bullshit

[quote name='InuFaye']...I dont like NO POINT AND CLICK DEVIL MAY CRY![/QUOTE]

lol im gunna click his butt just like in dante x vergil yaoi!!!

2igzsc4.jpg

[quote name='zewone']I'll enjoy my train.[/quote]

Yeah you got the cash after stealing all those games.

I mean ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

[quote name='Apossum']Too bad you need a $5000 PC to run it. Not to mention hassles like huge, impossible-to-figure-out paradoxes like driver updates.[/QUOTE]
I know, I hate that!

[quote name='ryanbph']So unless IGN was lying, the no load time argument is bullshit[/quote]
IGN does not have review copies.
They still have press builds.

+ its IGN they have about 0 credibility.

[quote name='InuFaye']Yeah you got the cash after stealing all those games.

I mean ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I

and shane bettenhause has credibility. Even phil harrison thought that shane should answer the questions for him during the 1up e3 interview. Yes, they did state it wasn't final build but I thought they said it was review build.(I could be wrong, it was from the begining of the week on the podcast) They did load it to the hard drive, and there were still load times. If there are going to be improvments to the load times, the 360 has a lot more space to improve upon. Even if there were 100 cutscenes that had you waiting an extra 10 seconds you are looking at 16 - 17 minutes total time. I doubt there is 100 cutscenes in dmc4, and 16 - 17 min is still less then a 30 min install.

[quote name='ryanbph']and shane bettenhause has credibility. Even phil harrison thought that shane should answer the questions for him during the 1up e3 interview. Yes, they did state it wasn't final build but I thought they said it was review build.(I could be wrong, it was from the begining of the week on the podcast) They did load it to the hard drive, and there were still load times. If there are going to be improvments to the load times, the 360 has a lot more space to improve upon. Even if there were 100 cutscenes that had you waiting an extra 10 seconds you are looking at 16 - 17 minutes total time. I doubt there is 100 cutscenes in dmc4, and 16 - 17 min is still less then a 30 min install.[/QUOTE]
Assuming you only watch all the cutscenes once.

I myself will be going through the game multiple times. The DMC games are my favorite games ever and they are the games I spend the most time with.

PS3, without a doubt.

Despite the fact that Capcom's other 360 releases have been fantastic, DMC was born on PS2 and I like having whole series playable on one console. Not to mention I prefer the controller for these types of action games.

Does anyone know if the PS3 steelbook will be the same size as a normal PS3 game? I hope it is..

[quote name='y2kenjination']PS3...where it belongs. Why not turn this into a poll?[/quote]

I tried, but I can't seem to find where to add a poll. :cry:

[quote name='SL4IN']WTF is wrong with you? Pirating fucking kills the industry. It's contributed to the slow, painful death that PC gaming is attoned to now.

And it's such a shame that you feel like you need "$2000" to enjoy a good gaming pc. Guess it really shows how much thinking you actually put into your thoughts before you do anything other than just eating, sleeping and crapping.[/quote]

This is too funny.

[quote name='Gameboy415']

Does anyone know if the PS3 steelbook will be the same size as a normal PS3 game? I hope it is..[/QUOTE]
Same size as a normal PS3 case.

Quick note to everyone in here. Keep the thread on gaming, keep it on LEGAL gaming and no trolling.

I got a number of PMs this evening about game piracy being discussed in here and possibly other threads in this forum. Cheapy runs a great site for all of us, I'm having a hard time believing any of y'all would want to put him in legal jeapardy by talking about anything as foolish as piracy on his boards. I'm still waiting for links to the specific posts and I hope those posts are deleted by the poster before I have to do anything about them.

In the meantime, I made Cheapy and the mods aware that there have been unspecific reports of such talk going on within these forums and I'm sure we'll all keep an eye out for any violations of CAGs' ToS. But if you happen to see any of these posts before we run across them, please report immediately (either using the Report Post feature, or PMing a mod).

Game piracy is one thing I did not specifically deal with when I did Internet Security with the Feds & Customs, so I'm not up on the best or most direct legal contacts for reporting such matters. But for any of you who know of any game piracy going on this link and this ESA link are both generic starts for reporting piracy offenses. I don't know the xbl contact offhand, but here is MS's email for piracy reports: [email protected] Nintendo has [email protected] for reporting piracy and Sony has this form for reporting piracy issues.

Now that that's been quickly addressed, we get to go to less harmful if not less annoying trolling. If someone is giving you hard time two things should be done: Report the Post (either using the report feature or PMing a mod you're comfortable with) AND add that person to your Ignore list. We have the luxury on this site to block out the idiots who annoy us. We don't have that luxury in real life. This site is supposed to be informative and fun, why waste your time reading posts that do nothing but irritate you when you can simply turn them off?

This thread is about to be edited severely. NO more talk of pirating. If more posts pop up, please report and/or PM me, Cheapy, who ever you feel comfortable reporting the violations to.

Also, I added a poll for y'all.

I am set on the PS3 version, but I'm afraid that it's going to look worse than 360 due to software scaling.

I hope not, because I cannot imagine playing the game using the 360 controller.

I have the 360 CE preordered. Like someone else said earlier in this thread, I'm not necessarily a points whore, but I do enjoy seeing the little box randomly pop up.

After playing Mass Effect, I'm confident I will be set for the onslaught of loadtimes, and I think I may do Lost Odyssey first before DMC4...so I'll take achievements and a little patience and go 360.

man phuck all u guys with your next gen systems and shyt...

I jus bought DMC3 Special edition so I can play as Vergil!

I bet it will look something like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-U1dmFIMik[/media]

[quote name='JEKKI']man phuck all u guys with your next current gen systems and shyt...
[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

The 360's been out for 2+ years, while the PS3 & Wii have been for 1+. They're current gen.

[quote name='dragonsho']Damn, was hoping for the pc version. Is the pc version a port of either the 360 or ps3 one? If so, I'll just get the 360 version, seeing how bad ports have been lately.[/QUOTE]

the ps3 and 360 versions are ports of 50% of the PC version, if i understand the engine they're using correctly.

The Demo is up on XBL. I've read early reports, and people are NOT happy about the right bumper and this game.

I'm downloading the 360 demo, but I'm still intending to get the PS3 version. Not CE, because CE's are worthless and a waste of cash.

It's also on the JPN and HK PSN stores.

Which version is which?!?! (thanks to dot50cal)
Pretend you don't see the system name at the top left!

JUST ENJOY IT!

A:
PS37.jpg

B:
3607.jpg

[quote name='KingBroly']The Demo is up on XBL. I've read early reports, and people are NOT happy about the right bumper and this game.

[/QUOTE]

I am neutral towards the right bumper. not much of a difference between the bumper and the PS2/3 controller.

this demo fucking rocks. Devil bringer is awesome, just rev is even better. The combat is clearly going to be the best in the series.

I've seen about a billion different comparisons of screens for this game. Some shots show an advantage to the PS3. Some the 360. It appears the 360 version is darker, but no one's saying anything about settings.

There is a shot of floor details, and the PS3 version has better details there.

[quote name='dallow']It's also on the JPN and HK PSN stores.

Which version is which?!?! (thanks to dot50cal)
Pretend you don't see the system name at the top left!

JUST ENJOY IT!

A:
PS37.jpg

B:
3607.jpg
[/QUOTE]

why even post that shit? thankfully cag doesn't latch on to this bottom-level fanboy BS as voraciously gaf does.

THERE IS 4x ANTI ALIASING on the 360 version on those bars behind nero.
THERE IS ONLY 2x ANTI-Aliasing on the ps3 version.

AM I DOING IT RIGHT!

[quote name='InuFaye']THERE IS 4x ANTI ALIASING on the 360 version on those bars behind nero.
THERE IS ONLY 2x ANTI-Aliasing on the ps3 version.

AM I DOING IT RIGHT!
[/QUOTE]

YOU FAIL. You forgot to count the jaggies to tell whether it's running in true, honest to god 720p!

But I did the counting for you--- 360 runs at 719.2p, PS3 runs at 719.3p. PS3 better version confirmed. That extra .1p really makes the light above Nero's head look much nicer. huge difference. 360 version's light is gouging my eyes out and is so ugly I wish I could kill it.

As far as honest comparisons between those shots go, though, the PS3 version seems to have slightly softer shadows and a little less aliasing than the 360 version. Granted, apart from analyzing screenshots under a magnifying glass, that is utterly meaningless.

[quote name='Apossum']why even post that shit? thankfully cag doesn't latch on to this bottom-level fanboy BS as voraciously gaf does.[/quote]Mainly to dispel all this 'which version looks better' crap.

You may be right about the p, ol buddy, but did you know that the 360 version runs at a full 60FPS, while the PS3 runs at 57FPS? And, the PS3 version has 86 nanoseconds more loading time when opening doors.

CELL PROCESSING FTMFL, DUDE.

[quote name='KingBroly']I've seen about a billion different comparisons of screens for this game. Some shots show an advantage to the PS3. Some the 360. It appears the 360 version is darker, but no one's saying anything about settings.

There is a shot of floor details, and the PS3 version has better details there.[/QUOTE]
I don't get why you're so against the 360 version.

You just keep throwing random "reports" out of nowhere.

bread's done
Back