Diablo III Switch - $17 at Walmart

You suggested to check the app to see if my store has it in stock. When I go to my walmart stores, the only Diablo 3's that come up are the PS4 and Xbox One versions. Does this mean they don't have any Switch versions left?
Maybe. Who knows. Thats why people say to check. But lots of stores have been hit.

I can confirm that brickseek is not accurate at all. I just went back to walmart and bought a bunch of copies of doom and diablo. Surprisingly it wasn't as chaotic as previous years.

My store was out. Still had 1 copy of Doom but I already have it so left it for another gamer. If anyone has a copy of Diablo I will gladly trade a sealed Spider Man for one. PM me if interested

Too bad you didn't checkout; they are on sale.
Ah. Well my local one has a manager who is a bit of a jerk... so I wasn't totally sure if it would ring up as such. That said, I'm happy with what I did get, Skyrim. So Diablo can wait. I have the base game for PS3. So I'm happy with that for now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up! Brickseek and the Walmart app both said my store was out of stock but I went out anyway after my family went to bed and I found a copy of Diablo! The clerk was surprised by the price but asked if it was part of the sale and I said that’s what I saw online. Works for me.

Got the last one at a walmart I normally don't go to. Friends was out and made them jealous to the point he wanted to check other city walmarts.

So bummed to have missed out on this. Checked several walmarts, even one that showed low inventory. Hopefully it goes live on their site tonight/early morning.

Well crud.  The app is now showing out of stock everywhere else.  I didn't think to use the Walmart app to check other stores.  I am assuming the Walmart app is correct because it never showed any in stock at my store (and there wasn't any there when I checked) and now it's showing out of stock for the rest of the nearbye stores?  Has anyone had any luck with the Walmart app showing actual stock?

My local store is just terrible at stocking anything so I am going to double check tomorrow.

Went to 2 Wal-marts and both didn't have either D game.  Quite lame places they put the games on sale too.  One had them in the men's clothing section and the other had them in Home and Garden.  The couple of employees I asked questions to were clueless.  One guy didn't even know the Wal-Mart credit card gave you a discount.  I did buy Wonder Woman 4K for $9 though so it wasn't a complete waste.

Walmart app and Brickseek use the same information. The app will confirm the price though but stock will show the same with both for the most part.

Went to 2 Wal-marts and both didn't have either D game. Quite lame places they put the games on sale too. One had them in the men's clothing section and the other had them in Home and Garden. The couple of employees I asked questions to were clueless. One guy didn't even know the Wal-Mart credit card gave you a discount. I did buy Wonder Woman 4K for $9 though so it wasn't a complete waste.
Same thing at my local one. The movies and such were at the other end of the store. Sadly both Diablo and Doom were in their case and not out on the floor where I was at.

Just picked up a copy about an hour ago at the WalMart in Wetumpka AL. Had 3 left. For the record, brickseek and Walmart.com both showed out of stock for the store. 

Thanks OP for the information!

Some dude is already selling these on Craigslist for $40. Can't say I'm not salty... But still.

App was far more accurate than BS for Diablo
BrickSeeks API uses the same information from Walmart's website and app (which in turn pulls directly from Walmart's system). Most of the time it's the same. BS may not update stock numbers and price though, there is delay when pulling information second hand.

Glad the app worked for you though. Happy to see people getting the deal.

Am wondering why Diablo 3 is showing OOS at all stores (at least in my area) on BS, the app and Walmart's scanners but was at all the stores I went to. Came out weeks ago so it should have been scanned in already. 

BrickSeeks API uses the same information from Walmart's website and app (which in turn pulls directly from Walmart's system). Most of the time it's the same. BS may not update stock numbers and price though, there is delay when pulling information second hand.

Glad the app worked for you though. Happy to see people getting the deal.
BS showed fully out of stock, app didn't, keep sucking their dick if you want to I guess, John is a piece of shit

Just picked up a copy about an hour ago at the WalMart in Wetumpka AL. Had 3 left. For the record, brickseek and Walmart.com both showed out of stock for the store.

Thanks OP for the information!
Kind of wish you hadn't said that. Now I'm going to check all the walmarts in my area.

I know it is a long shot but if anyone could pick me up a Diablo for cost + shipping it would be greatly appreciated.  Checked 3 walmarts in my area, picked up Doom but no Diablo to be found.

My store had 3 copies in the case, and as the associate was grabbing 2 for me another associate told her she couldn't sell them, and I'd have to find them in the grocery department or else everyone would swamp electronics and there would be a revolt. Thanks Michael, you dick.

Contemplating getting it, wondering if you all feel the game is better suited for the Switch or Xbox/PS.
Mobile/handheld with the Switch, tied to a TV with the Xbox/PS4.

Game plays the exact same on both, I own the PC/PS4/Xbox/Switch version now. PS3->PS4 when it first came out but no necro expansion, PC from day 1 with everything, Xbox on a sale with the Necro expansion, and Switch was a no brainer for me so I could play it on the go.

Checked for it electronics section while picking some other stuff tonight not expecting anything just for the heck of it, to my surprise they still had 3 copies around 7:30pm.  Luckily there was even an employee right by the case to grab one for me without any hassle.  Pretty stoked to start playing after I finish Pokemon LG.

Just wanna post a thank you to the OP for the heads up.

Ditto. I think I will return the PS4 copy. Backlog is to large. At least the Switch version is portable so more opportunities to play it. Since it is listed as $17 on brickseek fingers crossed the price stands. I overheard an associate say that they are getting in trucks everyday over the next couple of days.

My store had 3 copies in the case, and as the associate was grabbing 2 for me another associate told her she couldn't sell them, and I'd have to find them in the grocery department or else everyone would swamp electronics and there would be a revolt. Thanks Michael, you dick.
Walmart associates can be such idiots. Do they not realize there are lots of games in the cases that CAN’T be found on the pallets?

Thank you OP. I had to stop by for a few small items and grabbed both. They were on my eventual purchase list. Stoked to get them at such a great price.

bread's done
Back