Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, so does "any Disney Infinity purchase" include another power disc pack? Because that would make them all BOGO in store.
I was thinking the same. Could be a way to get some of the TRU limited series (which I don't know anything about, don't have any of those yet).

Interesting, so does "any Disney Infinity purchase" include another power disc pack? Because that would make them all BOGO in store.
That's a good point, actually. Typically those sorts of deals have a price you have to meet, like "Free Power Disc Pack with $20 Disney Infinity Purchase" or whatevs.

Well dang ass dang, I'm going to have to work out some numbers and see what the best deals are that I can manage between Toys R Us and Best Buy. I need Phineas, Agent P, Mickey, and the Crystal Buzz figure, plus the last two exclusive Toys R Us discs and all of Series 3.

Sort of obvious, but the scratch technique works for Series 3 if there was anyone wondering. However, it gets defeated if the robot packages the disc backwards. Thought I had found two at Target last night, but turns out the bumps on one was the raised portion embossed on the back of a disc. First time I've seen that happen, and it's probably a good thing for my annoyance level it was one of two. Wasn't even aware that was a thing, so I didn't even check/notice the slight difference in geometry.

I'm actually rather surprised they didn't start packaging them facing inwards to thwart scratchers.

Though I'm venturing a guess that these have been sitting in a warehouse for like 6 months.

Yeah I went into TRU yesterday looking to take advantage of B1G1 but the clerk told me it was online only, guess I missed that part. But I'll just wait for the next promo since there doesn't seem to be any minimum purchase on it.

I was at a different TRU earlier this week and saw the Crystal Buzz single figures out. Someone must not have been paying attention to the street date.

What is the scratch technique?

What is the scratch technique?
If the store just has the packs sitting out, you can run a fingernail along both sides of a pack to find the rares. Since they are lenticular, there are little bumps you can feel that are different than the smooth commons.

Scratch technique worked for me for series 3. Oddly the enough the first two I tried were rare disc. Down to needing 3 more plus the last 2 TRU exclusives.

Still hoping theyll just release of complete power disc pack. Blindboxing power disc is just a totally rip off imo. I did bought a few before but i was doing the scratch technique to get the rares. No rares in my trip, no buy.
My local tru has alot if these packs and im guessing they have tons in the back too so ill wait some more.

There's only one rare disc in series 3 so at least you know that if you're buying a disc and you can feel that it's a rare, you're good to go.

With Series 1 and 2 there were multiple rares which mean there was a possibility of getting a duplicate rare disc.

Nice deal, I may pick up the series 2 album, though more likely I'll just buy it at TRU with the upcoming free power disc promotion. For series 1, I think I'll get the exclusive version from TRU that also holds their gold-pack discs. I wonder if they will make a series 3 album.

Nice deal, I may pick up the series 2 album, though more likely I'll just buy it at TRU with the upcoming free power disc promotion. For series 1, I think I'll get the exclusive version from TRU that also holds their gold-pack discs. I wonder if they will make a series 3 album.
I havent seen that album in months.

The FREE Disney Infinity Power Disc Pack with ANY Disney Infinity Purchase (ToysRus wording) is live online. However it doesn't seem to work if you want to buy two Power Disc packs as a B1G1. The Power disc packs do not show up as eligible items to purchase for the offer. Bummer, I was hoping to get the exclusive packs this way.

I got the TRU exclusive disc today, got home to put it into our TRU disc album and turns out I already had it. I was trying to figure out how I had it already and I guess I got it in the race to space pack. Guess I should've paid better attention. Prior to that no one had been in store to ask this morning so the girl who was helping me had to go find them. When she first tried to ring it up it wasn't working and it was because it was next weeks Merlin disc. I did get it to ring up B1G1 with a series 3 disc pack, unfortunately the only disc I got new today was Violets force field.

As of now I have for trade - Carl's cane, chrome damage increaser and tri state area terrain

http://www.infinityinquirer.com/2014/04/06/toys-r-us-week-of-46-c-h-r-o-m-e-damage-increaser-and-free-power-disc-with-purchase/

C.H.R.O.M.E. Damage Increaser is out this week too at Toys "R" Us.

And like wolfhunt said, can't seem to use the B1G1 offer... llammeee.
I bought 20 packs for 44 dollars! I'm sure I'll get a complete series 3.

I got the TRU exclusive disc today, got home to put it into our TRU disc album and turns out I already had it. I was trying to figure out how I had it already and I guess I got it in the race to space pack. Guess I should've paid better attention. Prior to that no one had been in store to ask this morning so the girl who was helping me had to go find them. When she first tried to ring it up it wasn't working and it was because it was next weeks Merlin disc. I did get it to ring up B1G1 with a series 3 disc pack, unfortunately the only disc I got new today was Violets force field.

As of now I have for trade - Carl's cane, chrome damage increaser and tri state area terrain
You can always use two of the damage increasers while playing if you care.

Did you do it in store or online? I haven't tried in store yet.
At the store, I asked the guy, and he seemed pretty clueless about it but then showed him the ad but he assumed it was when you buy a figure. I pointed out that it said "any" Disney Infinity purchase.

I need to return 9-10 packs, after getting a complete series 3.

At the store, I asked the guy, and he seemed pretty clueless about it but then showed him the ad but he assumed it was when you buy a figure. I pointed out that it said "any" Disney Infinity purchase.

I need to return 9-10 packs, after getting a complete series 3.
Did the B1G1 packs require any sort of override or manager assistance?

Didn't find it in the thread it maybe didn't go back far enough but Target has the Starter pack for $39.99 and Buy 2 get 1 free on the Disney characters. Picked up the Wii U version along with Wreck-it Ralph, Mickey, and Anna for my son all for $71.

Didn't find it in the thread it maybe didn't go back far enough but Target has the Starter pack for $39.99 and Buy 2 get 1 free on the Disney characters. Picked up the Wii U version along with Wreck-it Ralph, Mickey, and Anna for my son all for $71.
Thanks so much for the heads up on this. I just grabbed the :360: starter pack, Anna, Rapunzel, and Wreck-It Ralph all for $72 including tax.

If anyone goes to TRU today, let us know if you can still purchase multiple packs as a Buy One Get one in a single transaction... thanks!
Bought 14 packs today in one transaction from TRU - they were indeed B1G1. Thanks to a prior member confirming it does indeed work in-store. Got the complete set of Series 3 except Wall-E's fire extinguisher. And I thought the Tram disc was rare? It's regular (not lenticular or colored). Ah well.

Bought 14 packs today in one transaction from TRU - they were indeed B1G1. Thanks to a prior member confirming it does indeed work in-store. Got the complete set of Series 3 except Wall-E's fire extinguisher. And I thought the Tram disc was rare? It's regular (not lenticular or colored). Ah well.
Nope, one of the lists out there is wrong, Wall-E's fire extinguisher is the rare, not the tram.

EDIT: And I just fixed the problem on IGN's wiki.

[quote name="Ryuukishi" post="11673999" timestamp="1396906860"]Thanks so much for the heads up on this. I just grabbed the :360: starter pack, Anna, Rapunzel, and Wreck-It Ralph all for $72 including tax.[/quote]
Awesome! Glad I could help.

Now I just need to find Elsa. :lol: When I checked out the clerk was joking with me about how all the Elsa merchandise in the store sells out immediately. I've got two little girls who are Anna and Elsa crazy (only a bit moreso than mom and dad :lol:), we found Anna and Elsa dolls for them but the Elsa one was the last one on the shelf, and in the pajamas there were only Anna ones left.

I have an extra unopened pack with that and the Dragon Fire Cannon, the IGN wiki messed me up too. The worst part about it was that I already knew the wall-e disc was the rare one. When I compiled my list the IGN list was the one I found and used to determine which packs to open with the least amount of doubles. I opened up a pack with a second tram and my single Dragon Fire Cannon, would have preferred the rare instead.

I have an extra unopened pack with that and the Dragon Fire Cannon, the IGN wiki messed me up too. The worst part about it was that I already knew the wall-e disc was the rare one. When I compiled my list the IGN list was the one I found and used to determine which packs to open with the least amount of doubles. I opened up a pack with a second tram and my single Dragon Fire Cannon, would have preferred the rare instead.
The IGN wiki was also completely missing the 2 Phineas and Ferb scenery discs from their series 3 list until I fixed it yesterday, so if you were basing your full set count on that, make sure you have those. Disney's own site is broken and claims that series 3 is only 15 discs instead of 17.

The IGN wiki was also completely missing the 2 Phineas and Ferb scenery discs from their series 3 list until I fixed it yesterday, so if you were basing your full set count on that, make sure you have those. Disney's own site is broken and claims that series 3 is only 15 discs instead of 17.
I did remember those!

bread's done
Back