Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ there is a lot, but they stress quality over quantity. So it's not like little big planet with hundreds of levels all over the place.

The IGN wiki was also completely missing the 2 Phineas and Ferb scenery discs from their series 3 list until I fixed it yesterday, so if you were basing your full set count on that, make sure you have those. Disney's own site is broken and claims that series 3 is only 15 discs instead of 17.
Are those in the Series III packs? I scanned 16 packs and not one pack had either of those discs. I was thinking they were exclusive to the Phineas & Ferb set, for which I was grateful (it was really annoying coming across all the Frozen discs after I bought the two-pack).

Question, when you buy the figures do they come with their own game, or can they only be used in the toy box?
So, there are six playsets, three of which come in the starter pack (Incredibles, Monsters University, Pirates). The other three are sold with two figures (Cars, Lone Ranger, Toy Story). The related individual figures that are sold separately can be used in the associated playset (i.e. Woody in the Toy Story Set, Syndrome in the Incredibles set). Characters that do not have a playset (Mickey, Phineas & Ferb, Anna & Elsa, Wreck It Ralph & Vanellope, Jack, maybe more I'm forgetting) can only be used in the Toy Box.

Are those in the Series III packs? I scanned 16 packs and not one pack had either of those discs. I was thinking they were exclusive to the Phineas & Ferb set, for which I was grateful (it was really annoying coming across all the Frozen discs after I bought the two-pack).
Yeah, I found one in there. Of course, I already had the Phineas and Agent P set so that was a waste.

Ok, so now I'm at a loss. I was finally about to buy this game with the Target sale. Now I see this "2.0". I don't want to buy this, then in a couple weeks they announce a version for ps4/x1, or a new game I'll have to buy where if I just waited would do all this one does. I'm guessing it could just be an addon, but wouldn't that screw the wii people? Ugh.... So annoyed right now. Otherwise it's awesome news lol.

Ok, so now I'm at a loss. I was finally about to buy this game with the Target sale. Now I see this "2.0". I don't want to buy this, then in a couple weeks they announce a version for ps4/x1, or a new game I'll have to buy where if I just waited would do all this one does. I'm guessing it could just be an addon, but wouldn't that screw the wii people? Ugh.... So annoyed right now. Otherwise it's awesome news lol.
They said in previous interviews that the figures from each game would work in the newer games they come out with. Hopefully they keep their word.

I'm guessing the Wii is going to be left out for the next game no matter what. It's the lowest common denominator but it all depends on how well it sold. I don't see Disney hanging on to the Wii version as the base when it would limit what they can do on the PS4/XB1 versions.

And the figures should indeed be forward compatible. I've read comments from a lot of distressed people today who are assuming they will need to buy a new base and completely new figures for the new game and I don't understand the concern. At worst, the series 1 figures will work in the next game's toybox. I wouldn't be surprised to see the series 1 playsets ported to PS4/XB1 to milk more out of the toys. I can't imagine the base will change in any functional manner either. Maybe they'll add another shape in the future for some other kind of toy, but it will certainly have the circle and hexagon shapes for awhile to come.

The only thing I doubt is complete and true backward compatibility, especially for the Wii. It would require a decent patch (unless Disney starts handing out discs). Title updates aren't cheap for something that won't make much money going forward. On paper it sounds like one of those promises that was never going to be fulfilled. We'll see.

Question: haven't gotten into these... Yet. But do these figures go rare? And how are Skylanders doing these days?
None of the DI figures have truly been rare for any decent period of time. The Frozen ones are kind of hard to find right now, but not so bad that you can't if you really want one. Not even the exclusive versions at TRU seem to be vanishing particularly quickly. I bet that changes when the next game is released and shelf space turns over. The number of single figure SKUs makes for a lot of shelf space.

I'll buy a new base if that means I can have local 4-player co-op. (I have 3 kids (no I'm not Shirley from Community) so anything that we can all play together at the same time I'll pretty much spend any amount of $ on.)

Well the concern about another base comes from SwapForce.  Everyone had to buy a new base for the last Skylanders game.  So don't put it past them.  Also my wprry isn't about the figures, I'm sure they will all always work in toybox.  I just don't want an "ultimate" version coming for x1 or ps4 that does work all the old playsets, and then buy that again also lol.  I already bought swapforce twice just so I could play with the graphic improvements on ps4. (I know it sounds silly since its not that big.....but with how much $$$ I've investing in skylanders I want the best)

The Marvel thing sounds interesting but it's going to take more than that to get me interested in this series again. As everyone called it before the thing even came out it was a big letdown with all of the limitations and piss poor roster of characters to choose from. I hope in their next game Infinity makes some big changes otherwise I won't be investing. From the way things sound in the news this thing hasn't done anything great in sales since its first 6 months too so they really need to revamp the thing. It's inevitable that Star Wars will be making its way into this game eventually too if the series is still around so it would be nice to things improved for that.

what if the Marvel thing is just Cap's whiled unlocked in the toy box? (like the lightsaber unlock)
I don't think this is going to be the case. If you watch the viedo you see that they've dubbed it '2.0' so to me that indicates a whole new game. Hopefully with a new starter pack and Captain America will be one of the characters with the new pack.

I'm guessing the Wii is going to be left out for the next game no matter what. It's the lowest common denominator but it all depends on how well it sold. I don't see Disney hanging on to the Wii version as the base when it would limit what they can do on the PS4/XB1 versions.
There is no way they are leaving Nintendo systems out of Disney Infinity 2.0. I'd say that maybe the Wii would be left out and only the Wii U included, but that is leaving a very large pile of money on the table. They make money on selling the figures/accessories, so they need to sell as many starter sets as possible. Why limit yourself to Xbox One and PS4? Most "kids" don't have these systems.

I'm definitely interested in seeing what Disney makes going forward- more Disney characters (I'd like to see them dip into more classics- Little mermaid, Beauty and the Best, Lion King, etc instead of newfangled charactres.  Also, Star Wars and Marvel could be really cool.

One thing that dissapointed me with the current game though, is the Play set/toy box divide.  So many figures only work in the toy box, and frankly I find the toy box gameplay to be boring, empty, and bland- yes, you  can make your own stages, but its all so limiting- either you make bland stages with enemies in them (with no real purpose) or you can make a race track.  I was expected more creativity from the Disney created toybox worlds, but even these were bland and ameteurish.  I love Wreck it Ralph, Jack Skellington, and the Frozen gals, but unfortunately, there really isn't anything fun you can do with any of them since they lack  a play set.  As an adult, I have no interest in playing anything toy box- my 6 year old, might last 15-20 minutes just screwing around, but even he gets bored fast.  Every character should at least get some kind of mini-campaign for their gameworld, even if it is only an hour or two to play- the challenge missions they get are all pretty universally horrible and only fun for about 2 minutes. 

And the play sets themselves- they are decent enough games, but why limit out figures from other worlds.  They should make it that you can at least unlock bring in other characters once you have made it so far playing the playset campaign- it would be fun to romp through Pirates of the Caribean with Jack Skellington or something just for kicks, but they won't let us. 

This is nothing to worry about, it's a whole separate game and it doesn't even have a release date yet. I suspect all the current characters will work in it as well (ala Skylanders).

I know that jza already confirmed this, but yes, I've personally gotten a Danville Sky out of a Series 3 pack.

If anything, my biggest complaint about DI is that unlike Skylanders, you can't play every character in every game mission. I sort of understand the reasoning for them not to do it, but couldn't they have added that feature in after you've finished the games for added replayability?

Having figures that only work in Toy Box mode is kind of boring after a bit.

If anything, my biggest complaint about DI is that unlike Skylanders, you can't play every character in every game mission. I sort of understand the reasoning for them not to do it, but couldn't they have added that feature in after you've finished the games for added replayability?

Having figures that only work in Toy Box mode is kind of boring after a bit.
They should at least make that a bonus you get for opening the vault in a playset. That would be even more motivation to collect all the characters. Also, I really hope Disney Infinity 2 supports online play in playsets. My daughter likes to play online with her cousin but they can only play in the Toy Box.

Had a good time at Target today. I went ahead and bought Infinity for PS3, target had some figures for 8.99 today with the bit 2 get 1 free. The CSR just glanced and said they all were 8.99, so I picked up 9 figures and the game for $100. Good times.

Had a good time at Target today. I went ahead and bought Infinity for PS3, target had some figures for 8.99 today with the bit 2 get 1 free. The CSR just glanced and said they all were 8.99, so I picked up 9 figures and the game for $100. Good times.
If you want to grab a few power discs with that they are still BOGO at Toys R Us through Saturday. :)

crazy good deal!

Only ones I still need are Phineas and Lone Ranger. Waiting for a good sale.

As far as 2.0 goes: I'm excited and think I'll definitely jump from Wii U to PS4 considering how great Skylanders looks on there. Only thing I hate about that is the USB's sticking out in front. I'm hoping I wouldn't have to buy a new base but only time will tell.

Anyone know if the buy one, get a disk pack free thing at TRU has a limit?  I'm wondering if it will only ring that up once per receipt or if you get one for each Disney Infinity thing you buy...

Anyone know if the buy one, get a disk pack free thing at TRU has a limit? I'm wondering if it will only ring that up once per receipt or if you get one for each Disney Infinity thing you buy...
There's no limit, if you buy six power discs (or whatever) you get charged for half of them. But since it's Sunday now, I'm pretty sure that sale is over.

EDIT: I stand corrected, they are advertising this deal in this week's ad as well, so the sale continues.

That's weird, they were ringing up fine all last week, you think they wouldn't even bother to change anything since the sale is in its second week now.
I believe it's the new exclusive that they're referring to.

But yeah, you just need a manager override. Same thing happened to me this morning.

I went to my local TRU this morning at opening and they didn't have any - the woman looked in the back and said she didn't have anything else dated for today.  Having read the last few comments, I imagine they did have them, but if they're street dated for Tuesday, then that explains it.  Not worth the hassle to go back and have them look up the memo, I'll go back Tuesday or to another store.

I hope 2.0 isn't purely Marvel. If they go all "super hero", I'd LOVE to see DarkWing Duck!!!!
I hope it's not either. I think that they'll have a new starter pack and one of the 3 figures you'll get is Captain America.

I'd like to see some of the existing characters get their own new playable world. I'd LOVE to see a Nightmare Before Xmas world. Sally and Oogie Boogie figures.....

I'd also love to see Aladdin.

I hope it's not either. I think that they'll have a new starter pack and one of the 3 figures you'll get is Captain America.

I'd like to see some of the existing characters get their own new playable world. I'd LOVE to see a Nightmare Before Xmas world. Sally and Oogie Boogie figures.....

I'd also love to see Aladdin.
I'd put some money on a Frozen playset in the next game. Makes too much sense. They could even release the same figures in different outfits. My kid would want those badly.

I managed to get my two packs yesterday, they had them on the counter already when I got there. It just needed a simple override from the manager.

Aren't the disc and release date mentioned in the store ad?

The only "rare" figures are the Mickey that was given out (the stars on his hat are a different color) and the GS exclusive Jack Skellington CE that came with a little case, but in both instances, the figures are the same.

I picked up a few series 3 power discs.. got the DisneyWorld tram, which is what I wanted. Also got extras of the horse from Brave and Cruella de Vil's car. Got shut down when trying to get Merlin since the computer said Tuesday.

Just to keep everyone updated... Disney is hosting an event on April 30th with Marvel to officially announce whatever "Disney Infinity 2.0" is! Get excited!!!

http://www.infinityinquirer.com/2014/04/14/next-chapter-of-disney-infinity-to-be-unveiled-on-april-30/
This is probably super unrealistic since it's only been a year, but I really hope they do some major overhauls to the gameplay. If you want to do a MInecraft clone, make a proper MInecraft clone with actual voxel based building on premade worlds.

I dunno, I could rant all day about Infinity dropping the ball, but really I just buy the figures because they look nice. I hope they do a bunch of Marvel characters and not just the big name Avengers.

Just got into this. Got the rare for series 3 power discs. Is there still anyway to get the series 1 and 2 discs without resorting to eBay?

bread's done
Back