Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MSUHitman']So watched Monday's Cena v Punk match via YT: is it still Punk v Undertaker at Mania or what's the plan for Punk?[/QUOTE]

Now the newz sites say it's on, and the setup is "imminent for next week's Raw." Of course, I've seen the same thing reported two or three other weeks in the last month, so I guess I'll believe I hear it when I hear the bell sound during a Punk promo or whatever.

Thinking back now about Punks god Promo, I see it more imminent. However, if Taker needs time, give it to him and give him a huge send off for the 30th.

I was just watching Conan when he said...

"Also on the show tonight, star of The Marine 3, WWE Sooperstar™ The Miz!"

:rofl:

Yeah, that'll keep people watching.

[quote name='HydroX']Man, Smackdown this week is pretty putrid. Thare's spoilers ahead, matey!

Bright spots: Damien Sandow interrupts Del Rio to start the show. Del Rio responds by telling Sandow his breath smells like "ca ca". You've got to be fucking kidding me. Del Rio is just fucking god-awful as a face.

Swagger/Zeb do an in-ring interview with Jim Ross, and Ross tries his damnedest to put Swagger over, but Del Rio interferes when Swagger acts like he's going to attack Ross.
Again, Del Rio is just fucking god-awful as a face.

Miz vs. Cesaro in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match for the US Championship. Pretty good match overall. Hope it translates well to TV.

Fandango appears on the TitanTron™ after being hyped to debut all show .. my buddy and I even made a sign for the guy as a last minute thing, "just because", and he doesn't even fucking debut! We were trolled by Fandango.

The main event was Big Show vs. Randy Orton. We didn't stay to watch this match or the rest of the show, but we ran into The Shield in the hallway while trying to leave and were told to get out of the way or "they'd have us arrested." :rofl: You don't have to tell me twice, because the rest of Smackdown fucking sucked.

On a more positive note, Ziggler vs. Bryan is on Saturday Morning Slam, and Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes is on Main Event. Both solid matches. Saturday Morning Slam also featured Primo/Epico vs. The Monsters of Funk, with Tensai & Brodus coming out in matching white tracksuits & ring attire.

Whatever I didn't mention really wasn't worth mentioning.

Oh, and if you want to purchase a shirt at a WWE live event, be prepared to cough up $30 for S-XL. $35 for XXL. fuck this company.

Also: That Cesaro Punch-Out video is absolute gold.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be fucking kidding about
Fandango. They mod the promos to say he's going to debut on Smackdown. He gets teased to debut throughout, then doesn't? fuck that. Drop the gimmick and be done with it already.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You've got to be fucking kidding about
Fandango. They mod the promos to say he's going to debut on Smackdown. He gets teased to debut throughout, then doesn't? fuck that. Drop the gimmick and be done with it already.
[/QUOTE]

Nope...
They're pulling the Brodus Clay BS with Johnny Curtis, it seems. Hype hype hype... then fizzle the fuck out of it.

Pretty sure that jawn fizzled before the first video made it to air.

Y'all are gettin' upset that Rick The Model Martel is being held off the air? Come on, dude.

WWE Network is going to launch at $12-15/month.

So, with that in mind:
1) Are you dumb enough to spend that kinda money on a single WWE Channel?
2) If they toss in most/all live PPVs, does that change your mind (if the answer to #1 was "no fuckin' way")?

I would have to get it as a part of a bigger bundle. I can't justify increasing my monthly cable/internet bill 20% just for the WWE. I would consider it for PPVs but I have doubts the WWE is willing to part with full ticket price if it believes its fans will pay it.

To me it depends on what the WWE Network offers besides the month PPV. If they offer endless reruns of The Marine, Gameplan, and The Chaperone then forget it. Now if they offer a good amount of archival stuff from the vault that isn't molested with WWE revisionism along with say NXT then I might just might consider it. Bonus points if they can perhaps work out a deal with say ROH to air some of their vault stuff. Not that it would ever happen but stranger things have happened.

[quote name='mykevermin']Pretty sure that jawn fizzled before the first video made it to air.

Y'all are gettin' upset that Rick The Model Martel is being held off the air? Come on, dude.

So, with that in mind:
2) If they toss in most/all live PPVs, does that change your mind (if the answer to #1 was "no fuckin' way")?[/QUOTE]

I'm more excited to see how Curtis can pull off the character, considering we are in an era where there really are no characters. I know the dude has charisma, so it'll be interesting to see. I'm all about cheering for the underdog.

Also, what the hell do you mean "if" the answer to #1 was no fuckin' way? You might as well give me $12-$15 a month and I'll give you YouTube videos of WWE stuff to watch.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm more excited to see how Curtis can pull off the character, considering we are in an era where there really are no characters. I know the dude has charisma, so it'll be interesting to see. I'm all about cheering for the underdog.

Also, what the hell do you mean "if" the answer to #1 was no fuckin' way? You might as well give me $12-$15 a month and I'll give you YouTube videos of WWE stuff to watch.[/QUOTE]

I will email you links to said videos directly to your inbox for 7.50 a month.

[quote name='mykevermin']Pretty sure that jawn fizzled before the first video made it to air.

So, with that in mind:
2) If they toss in most/all live PPVs, does that change your mind (if the answer to #1 was "no fuckin' way")?[/QUOTE]

I'd just like to see him come on, and maybe have them re-establish the cruiser weight division again.

Charter actually offers a standalone WWE option of sorts now. It runs about $8 a month and is on demand. They have multiple WWE shows, plus a PPV or two. This month it was Summerslam 2012.

Still not worth it to me, but it's an option regardless.

[quote name='HydroX']Also, what the hell do you mean "if" the answer to #1 was no fuckin' way? You might as well give me $12-$15 a month and I'll give you YouTube videos of WWE stuff to watch.[/QUOTE]

I know, I struggled with that myself, but the dobble dobble eee universe™ is out there, still, buying Miz t-shirts, Santino cobra socks, and front row tickets to Raw.

If people regularly buy the PPVs now, then I can see them picking up the channel and saving themselves 25 bucks or so a month. I'm planning to drop Uverse Tv when the promotion I have expires in August and go back to just having internet and streaming stuff on Hulu and Netflix.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']I know, I struggled with that myself, but the dobble dobble eee universe™ is out there, still, buying Miz t-shirts, Santino cobra socks, and front row tickets to Raw.[/QUOTE]

Haha, solid point, and one I should know all too well considering I was just at Smackdown with the "unwashed masses™".

[quote name='TerraBemani']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0XlG1u-aqg

My god.... XD[/QUOTE]

A few LOL moments for me watching this....I'm glad I don't have to eat that kind of crap lol.

Anyways on the subject of the supposed WWE Network, if you would get the ppv's (minus Wrestlemania) along with some other retro programming I would pay $15/month without question. If the ppv's weren't included I don't think anyone would sub to this thing but the ppv's will change that for a lot of people I would think. It would be stupid for anyone who gets more than say 5 ppv's a year not to subscribe if they had the means to.

Following "Chimp Channel".

I remember when Buff Bagwell broke his neck, they cut to an endless loop of one or two Chimp Channel skits, over and over, 'til they had control over what had happened.

[quote name='Brak']Following "Chimp Channel".

I remember when Buff Bagwell broke his neck, they cut to an endless loop of one or two Chimp Channel skits, over and over, 'til they had control over what had happened.[/QUOTE]

Haha! I vaguely recall this as well...

[quote name='neocisco']Did anyone else watch Wrestle Kingdom 7? At the very least everyone should watch the Prince Devitt/Kota Ibushi/Low Ki match, just great. You'll definitely recognize Low Ki's ring gear, it's certainly unusual. Anyway, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtnSANThIns[/QUOTE]
WTF!? I was not expecting that!

BAz4PWv.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']That's quality work. wonder what is supposed to fill the blank spaces.

Also, I did not know "doris" had a name.[/QUOTE]

At the risk of sounding like a Metallica hipster :)lol:), that's what she's known by in what I've heard/read/seen.

For those who think their TVs are having issues tonight while watching Smackdown don't worry its just a bad re-encode the WWE is doing while inserting the live play by play they are doing for tonight's show.

Screen cap from the international broadcast (which has the WWE HD logo instead of the Twitter plug in the upper left):

1441935-U8Z93EF.png

1441934-OWC6VSI.png

[quote name='neocisco']Did anyone else watch Wrestle Kingdom 7? At the very least everyone should watch the Prince Devitt/Kota Ibushi/Low Ki match, just great. You'll definitely recognize Low Ki's ring gear, it's certainly unusual. Anyway, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtnSANThIns[/QUOTE]

Did Square Enix pay for that or he just decide to Cosplay in his biggest match in years?

Not as excited for tonight I was for final battle. Steen vs Lethal and Strong vs Elgin are the only two matches I want to watch.

^ yeah, the Wolves are not the best talkers or genuinely good guys (mostly Davey's fault; Eddie's always been cool from my interactions with him at shows) , but they will always deliver a good match full of intensity and are rated as one of the best tag teams in wrestling.

Great ROH iPPV... but that ending....... just... wow....

Show ends with SCUM beating down the faces of the ROH roster which lead to multiple reveals of new members of SCUM including Rhett Titus, Jimmy Rave, Cliff Compton, and yes... Matt Hardy.

I should also mention that Kevin Steen who you know has been aligned with SCUM since the beginning did nothing during all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Demolition Man']Great ROH iPPV... but that ending....... just... wow....

Show ends with SCUM beating down the faces of the ROH roster which lead to multiple reveals of new members of SCUM including Rhett Titus, Jimmy Rave, Cliff Compton, and yes... Matt Hardy.

I should also mention that Kevin Steen who you know has been aligned with SCUM since the beginning did nothing during all of this.
[/QUOTE]

I regret not ordering this after reading the results

Cole losing the TV title was a shocker. Either his tryout with the WWE went very good and he is gone or he is getting moved up in the food chain and maybe going after SCUM with Fat Hardy now there.

Don't like the Briscoes losing the tag belts to Fish and O'Reilly. Coleman and Alexander or the Wolves would be better choices if they wanted the belts dropped. Fish and O'Reilly bore me to be honest.

And how long until Steen turns face and goes after SCUM? After beating Lethal there is nobody left for him to beat IMO. I bet soon, maybe even next iPPV Steen either quits SCUM or because he has been acting like a face lately Corino boots him, nobody from the ROH roster comes out and Steen basically is a champion without a country for a few months going after SCUM and the ROH roster doesn't trust him thinking it is a SCUM set up for a few months maybe until December when Steen and ROH finishes SCUM for good.

I have to applaud WWE for Fandango's debut.

It was a highly calibrated heel performance from top to bottom.

[quote name='Brak']I have to applaud WWE for Fandango's debut.

It was a highly calibrated heel performance from top to bottom.[/QUOTE]

eb6.jpg

I won't go that far, but I will say that Johnny Curtis is incredibly entertaining.

Also, I know I've plugged it before, but LaSalle, IL's Dreamwave Wrestling put on one of the best shows I've been to last night. A couple of indie lucha libre guys you may have heard of were there, Lince Dorado and Samuray Del Sol. Lince has the gimmick of a cat and was highly entertaining to watch. Those two were in a tag match against a couple of the regular highflyers and they put on the most insane match I've personally seen. I was on my feet the entire time.

The guest was Hillbilly Jim so that was disappointing as hell, but he wasn't there for more than 10 minutes. Next month's show is the equivalent of Wrestlemania and the guest is John Morrison. There's even going to be a TLC match which should be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back