Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDP Yoga is a pretty good workout. Even if you aren't going to stick with the diet plan it'll still help your flexibility. Definitely noticed a difference as far as alleviating back/knee pains from work.

[quote name='Demolition Man']ROHWrestling.com has the prior week's show up Thursday for free. You do have to sign up to watch but its worth it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing. I'll have to add that to my Speed Dial alongside TNA's YouTube channel.

I just explained what Tout was to my girlfriend and she said her little cousin Touts during RAW. lol

Big E needs a different outfit and soon. I thought maybe it was a one time thing last week, but once again this week he looks like a fat baby in a onesie that is 3 sizes to small. I can't help but laugh every time i see the guy. Looks like some shit you see in a Walmart.

When people legitimately hate each other (or that's what the show is trying to convey), it may be time to let wrestlers come out to the ring without entrance music, their signature poses, or sauntering down to the ring. It drives me nuts - if the last i saw of a dude was him breaking my arm, I wouldn't wait for my music to hit before coming to the ring. I know wrestling asks a lot in terms of suspension of disbelief, but FFS. See also: Randy Orton vs HHH at whatever wrestlemania that was.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Are they still trying to make Tout a thing? This is almost as bad as when they kept trying to make Maven a thing.[/QUOTE]

What sucks is that I actually started to like Maven once he turned heel and he goes and leaves like 2 days into his run.

I second that Big E. comment. He looks like a black baby on steroids dressed as Ludvig Borga.

[quote name='Brak']I just explained what Tout was to my girlfriend and she said her little cousin Touts during RAW. lol[/QUOTE]

King is that you?

5 year old son...

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']What sucks is that I actually started to like Maven once he turned heel and he goes and leaves like 2 days into his run.[/QUOTE]

It's funny you mention that. A day or two ago, I saw a list of tag title matches that have happened on PPV, and I saw the team of Simon Dean and Maven. I couldn't recall Maven even being a heel, but I guess I had stopped watching SD regularly at that point.

This Punk/Cena match on free TV has been better than either of the Rock/Punk PPV matches.

Just watched the clip of H and Lesnar on Youtube. Damn. Brock cut his head pretty good on that bottom link. Sold the fight a whole lot more - though it's still really hard impossible to believe that the ex-UFC heavyweight champion is afraid of Triple H.

Also, this showed up in random related videos on Youtube, and I can't help but think we missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wy-zVyEq0I

Maybe we didn't, but I don't remember seeing it here before.

Oh, and there was a WWE Harlem Shake but it's pretty lame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVnIkXC8KXI

Last edited by a moderator:
Where the fuck did this Harlem Shake crap come from? I signed on YouTube the other day and there were like 100 Harlem Shake vids in my "recommended" section. Kill it with fire. Hell, bring back "Ain't nobody got time for that". Still loads more entertaining than this horrid fad.

Just watched the Punk vs Cena match. Wow. That was considerably better than almost everything I've seen Cena do - despite the horribad hurricanrana.

[quote name='HydroX']Where the fuck did this Harlem Shake crap come from? I signed on YouTube the other day and there were like 100 Harlem Shake vids in my "recommended" section. Kill it with fire. Hell, bring back "Ain't nobody got time for that". Still loads more entertaining than this horrid fad.[/QUOTE]

I find it humorous that people think this is the next Gangnam Style. It's like saying Ryback is the next Goldberg: completely stupid to even make any sort of comparison.

[quote name='ced']I find it humorous that people think this is the next Gangnam Style. It's like saying Ryback is the next Goldberg: completely stupid to even make any sort of comparison.[/QUOTE]

The worst thing it is not the Harlem shake.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Me personally I can't wait for this stupid fad of horrible songs like Gangnam Style to go away.[/QUOTE]

Horrible songs will never go away. Ever.

I still don't know what a Harlem Shake is.

Sounds like a crack cocaine-induced seizure.

[quote name='Brak']I still don't know what a Harlem Shake is.

Sounds like a crack cocaine-induced seizure.[/QUOTE]

Well, everything from Harlem is cocaine-induced so you are probably right. I dont know what it is and I dont want to know.

[quote name='Brak']Sounds like a crack cocaine-induced seizure.[/QUOTE]

That's actually pretty accurate

I've been subjected to Harlem Shake videos against my will by someone who thought they were hilarious, and they're stupid. Someone starts slightly dancing in a room where people are doing their own thing, then halfway through, the bass drops and everyone suddenly starts dancing. It's the dumbest thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beMgDVQMMEM

[quote name='mykevermin']When people legitimately hate each other (or that's what the show is trying to convey), it may be time to let wrestlers come out to the ring without entrance music, their signature poses, or sauntering down to the ring. It drives me nuts - if the last i saw of a dude was him breaking my arm, I wouldn't wait for my music to hit before coming to the ring. I know wrestling asks a lot in terms of suspension of disbelief, but FFS. See also: Randy Orton vs HHH at whatever wrestlemania that was.[/QUOTE]

just like The Shield if everyone hated them so bad the entire backstage would come out and attack all at once not just a few one by one

Wow, Lesnar busted up good but I saw the camera trying to get the non bloody side. Just show it for better effect! Those old segments back in the attitude era were awesome when somebody was busted open good. I pretty much watched the Lesnar/HHH feud, watched Punks promo, saw Bryan in a mask and stopped for a second, and of course the Punk/Cena match. What an amazing match. I would say even WM caliber.

Seemed like they realized after that the whole Orton/Triple H match was a mistake. should not have gone on last and also needed a stipulation. At least a street fight like Jericho/Punk where they don't even come out in their gear.

"I know you beat my wife Orton but I still need to put on my trunks, grease up, take 5 minutes to saunter to the ring and spit this water"

[quote name='diddy310']Seemed like they realized after that the whole Orton/Triple H match was a mistake. should not have gone on last and also needed a stipulation. At least a street fight like Jericho/Punk where they don't even come out in their gear.

"I know you beat my wife Orton but I still need to put on my trunks, grease up, take 5 minutes to saunter to the ring and spit this water"[/QUOTE]

The sad part was that, if I'm remembering correctly, the 'lose if DQ' stipulation was added, like, on Heat or during the PPV. It was ridiculously last minute and served to do nothing but undercut the ENTIRE POINT OF THE MATCH. I actually thought it was a great build... it just lead to the biggest wet blanket of a match ever. They just chucked weeks upon weeks of build into the trash. It was a bizarre choice.

I've always wondered why. I tend to give HHH some credit for his business sense, but I've always thought that maybe his ego got in the way. He surely talked to HBK about his match, and I wonder if he somehow thought he needed to 'compete' by being a real match instead of a brawl.

I don't know, just speculating. WWE tends to make questionable decisions, but that was just such a glaring fuck-up that there *has* to be a reason.

It really needed something with a different feel than a regular match. I think that's why Brock's 2 matches since his return were very successful. They didn't feel like the standard WWE main event. With all of the vile shit that Orton did in that feud they needed to bring that kind of feel to the blowoff.

Look at Cena/Punk last night - the general feeling that I was getting from people as they watched it was "same old Punk/Cena match" for the first half and then it escalated into something else entirely with both guys deviating from the usual gameplan for the first time in forever.

Orton/Triple H needed something like that and it could have worked even without any kind of stipulation.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It's funny you mention that. A day or two ago, I saw a list of tag title matches that have happened on PPV, and I saw the team of Simon Dean and Maven. I couldn't recall Maven even being a heel, but I guess I had stopped watching SD regularly at that point.

This Punk/Cena match on free TV has been better than either of the Rock/Punk PPV matches.[/QUOTE]

All apologies for bringing Maven back into the conversation but I remember it vividly because he was the first WWE guy I ever saw that use the Backstabber as a finisher.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']All apologies for bringing Maven back into the conversation but I remember it vividly because he was the first WWE guy I ever saw that use the Backstabber as a finisher.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good title for a future thread. The I'm sorry for bringing Maven back into the picture wrestling thread brought to you by QVC.

My only memory of Maven was Undertaker putting him over during a Royal Rumble match a decade or so back - and thinking (now more than then), "What kind of drugs was taker on to agree to this?"

Man, Smackdown this week is pretty putrid. Thare's spoilers ahead, matey!

Bright spots: Damien Sandow interrupts Del Rio to start the show. Del Rio responds by telling Sandow his breath smells like "ca ca". You've got to be fucking kidding me. Del Rio is just fucking god-awful as a face.

Swagger/Zeb do an in-ring interview with Jim Ross, and Ross tries his damnedest to put Swagger over, but Del Rio interferes when Swagger acts like he's going to attack Ross.
Again, Del Rio is just fucking god-awful as a face.

Miz vs. Cesaro in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match for the US Championship. Pretty good match overall. Hope it translates well to TV.

Fandango appears on the TitanTron™ after being hyped to debut all show .. my buddy and I even made a sign for the guy as a last minute thing, "just because", and he doesn't even fucking debut! We were trolled by Fandango.

The main event was Big Show vs. Randy Orton. We didn't stay to watch this match or the rest of the show, but we ran into The Shield in the hallway while trying to leave and were told to get out of the way or "they'd have us arrested." :rofl: You don't have to tell me twice, because the rest of Smackdown fucking sucked.

On a more positive note, Ziggler vs. Bryan is on Saturday Morning Slam, and Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes is on Main Event. Both solid matches. Saturday Morning Slam also featured Primo/Epico vs. The Monsters of Funk, with Tensai & Brodus coming out in matching white tracksuits & ring attire.

Whatever I didn't mention really wasn't worth mentioning.

Oh, and if you want to purchase a shirt at a WWE live event, be prepared to cough up $30 for S-XL. $35 for XXL. fuck this company.

Also: That Cesaro Punch-Out video is absolute gold.

"caca" makes me think of Patton Oswalt's bit about taking his crude material and translating it to fit on tv without being censored - and how that leads to far creepier results in most cases.

[quote name='HydroX']Oh, and if you want to purchase a shirt at a WWE live event, be prepared to cough up $30 for S-XL. $35 for XXL. fuck this company.[/QUOTE]

Every time I consider going to a live event, I look at the prices and immediately decide not to. There's a Smackdown house show coming up soon, and they want $90/ea for floor seats and $50-55 for the next best seats. At a house show. Plus the bullshit ticket fees.

I went to Backlash 2007. The WORSE possible against the wall nosebleed seats where around $33 -then-. At that point almost no point in even going.

Yeah the tickets are not cheap I just got tix through work center lower bowl and the face value was 52 bucks (I paid nothing) Had a smackdown taping late last year two sections over and the tickets were face 65 (also comped through work.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back