Dollhouse Friday Nights on FOX at 9pm est-Update 10/24

Just as the show starts the affiliate interrupts for redundant tornado coverage. Of course, they won't air the show in it's entirety since that would push back the local news.:roll:

Wow...no comments on this last episode? You guys still watching? I thought it was pretty fucking awesome, myself. Really gave you some insight into Adelle's character, and of course kept unraveling the story of the imprints being hacked. I'm at a point where I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like this show.

I still haven't started watching this show because it could get canceled fast.

I did start watching Kings, but it looks like even that might get canceled. If even Kings can be canceled, I guess no new show is safe.

It's because reality TV has ruined people's attention spans. You've got all these shows that bring in a new group of "characters" for 20-24 episodes and then they're done. People forget about them, and then get a brand new cast the next season. It's a joke. And it's cheap to produce, so of course networks keep shoving it down our throats. I've even heard that Fringe might get canceled. It's one thing for a Joss Whedon show to get axed because his stuff has been hit & miss lately. But how can you not have any faith in a J.J. Abrams show??? And yet, Jerry Bruckheimer has how many versions of CSI that have been on the air for 5-10 years now??? Rupert Murdoch can eat a dick!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...no comments on this last episode? You guys still watching? I thought it was pretty fucking awesome, myself. Really gave you some insight into Adelle's character, and of course kept unraveling the story of the imprints being hacked. I'm at a point where I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like this show.[/QUOTE]

Im very happy with the show. I'm completely caught up at this point thanks to Hulu and Boxee. I am pleasantly suprised where they are taking the show. I didn't think we would get so many juicy twists and turns so early in the shows' life. I guess I am spoiled by Lost in this regard.

I'm not happy they changed Echoes handler but, I am sure that is leading us somewhere good. Also, loved the episode with the imprint of the 4 characters!

Anyone know who or how they put that imprint into November where she warns Ballard?

Enjoying the show as well. It has gotten alot better than those stankfest filled early episodes. It seems like they were bad filler episodes that, instead of being sprinkled into the season were all pushed to the beginning. What were they thinking?

[quote name='homeland']Enjoying the show as well. It has gotten alot better than those stankfest filled early episodes. It seems like they were bad filler episodes that, instead of being sprinkled into the season were all pushed to the beginning. What were they thinking?[/quote]

That was the network's decision because they didn't want people to feel like they couldn't start watching at any time. I think the pilot and story arc Joss had in mind was complex right from the start. So instead of having faith in the show (it can't get any weirder than Lost) they retool it and piss everyone off. Nice.

As long as they renew it for a second season I consider it a fair tradeoff. I looked at those episodes as showing you what the Dollhouse was used for (or at least partially used for. We still haven't been shown it's true purpose). The series subplots were developed just fine during those episodes to lay the groundwork for the mythology. This is very intricate, layered show that I'm very much enjoying. It's a very close second to Fringe for my favorite new show this season.

BTW, it's all but certain that Fringe will be renewed. It's ratings have been good, very similar to 24's numbers.

Eh, I don't put much value at all in blogs like that. There is no reference made to Fringe's ratings, which have seen a marked increase since it started airing after American Idol (see, AI is good for something :)). They're saying that Southland and The Unusuals would probably be canceled before the first eps even aired. It sounds to me like they don't know what they're talking about and are just trying to stir things up. I'll go with actual ratings numbers over some guy with a keyboard. Plus, they like Rock of Love and Celebrity Apprentice. That's never a good sign.

[quote name='neocisco']Eh, I don't put much value at all in blogs like that. There is no reference made to Fringe's ratings, which have seen a marked increase since it started airing after American Idol (see, AI is good for something :)). They're saying that Southland and The Unusuals would probably be canceled before the first eps even aired. It sounds to me like they don't know what they're talking about and are just trying to stir things up. I'll go with actual ratings numbers over some guy with a keyboard. Plus, they like Rock of Love and Celebrity Apprentice. That's never a good sign.[/quote]

Haha, good point. I'm not really an avid blog reader, but it got frontpage headlines on Yahoo, so that kinda had me concerned. I do wish Fox would chill out and allow these shows some time to grow though. I think there's room for both Fringe and Dollhouse to do extremely well.

No confirmation on renewal yet. Renewals generally aren't announced until at least late April. We're all just speculating at this point.

[quote name='neocisco']No confirmation on renewal yet. Renewals generally aren't announced until at least late April. We're all just speculating at this point.[/quote]

Well, yeah...that's what I thought. I was just wondering what this moron was going on about.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It's over bitches! BAH HAH HAH HAH![/quote]

I'm guessing he read a week old inaccurate report and got a chubby.

[quote name='rickonker']I still haven't started watching this show because it could get canceled fast.

I did start watching Kings, but it looks like even that might get canceled. If even Kings can be canceled, I guess no new show is safe.[/quote]

You should get started watching Dollhouse and not be worried it might get canceled. We need you to contribute to the show's numbers, otherwise it will definitely get canceled. The show is excellent! I just hit episode 8, and the series really does hit high gear at episode 6 (true Joss!!!). The show is fantastic. My second favorite show this past season behind Fringe, but a close second.

By the way, anyone know what the Hulu numbers for either Fringe or Dollhouse and how that is contributing towards the series? I can never catch the show on tv cause I work Fridays, so I have to watch it on hulu for myself to count.

How could anyone not like this show???

masl05_elizadushku.jpg

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']By the way, anyone know what the Hulu numbers for either Fringe or Dollhouse and how that is contributing towards the series? I can never catch the show on tv cause I work Fridays, so I have to watch it on hulu for myself to count.[/quote]

I'd be more interested in how DVD sales will affect the series. I wonder if Fox knew how well the Firefly DVDs would sell, if that would have stopped them from canceling the show. Could be the same here. Not great ratings but, big enough loyal fanbase that buys the dvds.

[quote name='homeland']I'd be more interested in how DVD sales will affect the series. I wonder if Fox knew how well the Firefly DVDs would sell, if that would have stopped them from canceling the show. Could be the same here. Not great ratings but, big enough loyal fanbase that buys the dvds.[/quote]

I found some information on the hulu numbers, surprisingly from a fox.com related websited:

http://dollhousewiki.fox.com/thread/2532624/Hulu+total+views?t=anon

The information is out dated by a couple weeks, but it still gives us some insight into how the show is doing online. I wonder how the show is doing if we factor in Itunes sales and direct views from Fox.com (I read somewhere that fox.com views are ranked/rated higher than if you watch the show from hulu for some reason.) Once I get out from school, and I'm back home with time, I plan on picking up Pushing Daisies, Terminator, Fringe, and this show on DVD (perhaps this one first for fear of cancelation.).

Ghost - 562,639
The Target - 376,072
Stage Freight - 326,117
Gray Hour - 323,140
True Believer - 152,976

If Fox cancels this show, with the exception of Fringe, I will 100% forsake Fox forever more because we all know they just like to fuck over their shows (put them on Friday nights, fuck with the stories/direction, etc.). They will be my next Showtime (fuck you for fucking over Dead Like Me). I don't even know why Joss Whedon deals with them anymore.

[quote name='javeryh']How could anyone not like this show???

masl05_elizadushku.jpg
[/quote]

I think Allure is the new Maxim. It's a women's magazine but they frequently have very revealing photos of women. NSFW
5802844---vanesa_williams.jpg
I bet they have the highest male "readership" of any women's mag.

[quote name='homeland']I'd be more interested in how DVD sales will affect the series. I wonder if Fox knew how well the Firefly DVDs would sell, if that would have stopped them from canceling the show. Could be the same here. Not great ratings but, big enough loyal fanbase that buys the dvds.[/quote]

The problem with DVD sales is that the decision to renew generally has to be made well before a DVD set is released. If Fox decides to hold off it's decision on Dollhouse and use it as a potential midseason show then a DVD set would have more influence on the outcome. Personally, I hope they do another 13 ep season. Shows that have a running mythology tend to suffer under the typical 22 ep season, Lost and 24 being exceptions. Even Lost realized it's not conducive and cut it's last 3 seasons to 16 eps.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You should get started watching Dollhouse and not be worried it might get canceled. We need you to contribute to the show's numbers, otherwise it will definitely get canceled. The show is excellent! I just hit episode 8, and the series really does hit high gear at episode 6 (true Joss!!!). The show is fantastic. My second favorite show this past season behind Fringe, but a close second.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I would be measured in the numbers, but yeah I guess I should start watching.

Well, as of a few days ago I finally got caught up on Dollhouse and watched episdoes 6-8 in a marathon. They were fucking awesome. The best of the series. Period. They definitely had me on the edge of my seat, or just finding myself getting attached and enjoying the characters. There is now so much to the show, like I really want to now what they are going to do with Echo/what she will do now that someone is gone (those that have seen episode 8 will understand).

Also, it seems like were screwed, again, and so is Joss Whedon:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/04/15/joss-whedon-skeptical-about-dollhouse-second-season/

http://io9.com/5212131/are-dollhouse-and-sarah-connor-chronicles-already-canceled

fuck Fox. I don't understand why Whedon went back to them. Put his shows on NBC who might appreciate his work, especially since they definitely need some good shows there.

I don't understand it either. This is the second show in a row of his that Fox set up to fail. Shows that appeal mainly to people ages 15-35 should NOT be on Friday nights - you know, when the bulk of those same people are going out with friends or whatever. I really hope the CW or SciFi pick it up - the ratings would be good for those networks and the show can't cost that much to make since it is low on the special effects and the sets are already built. I just don't get it.

No show this week. Prison Break is back with a repeat at 8 and a new ep at 9.

Hopefully Whedon is just trying not to get his hopes up considering his past with Fox. It was definitely a questionable decision at best to go back to them. He might have been contractually obligated to give Fox first look at any new shows, though.

javeryh, I agree with you about the demographics. The problem is that niche shows like Whedon's generally don't play well to the general public. Plus, most of his fans aren't exactly the "go out every Friday night" types anyway. Joss and his team are great writers and this show definitely deserves at least a second season.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I'm just bitter that this is on the air and Jericho isn't.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

I've been watching it from the beginning only because my friend is a big friend of Firefly and told me it would be good (i'm about to watch Firefly, just got it). It was alright in the beginning, but epi 6-8 were amazing and finally made it worthwhile to watch the show. However, the preview for episode 9 looks like they're dragging it back to the crap of the first couple episodes, and if they do that again, i'm finished with this series. It's too uneven, and it's really starting to annoy me.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Big Mike Show > Cavemen > Osbournes: Reloaded > Dollhouse[/quote]

God you're lame. Stop coming into this thread then.

Love this show. I will be buying the dvd and i hope the next season has more episodes and more butt kicking.

When is Amy gonna get it on the action.

[quote name='neocisco']Jericho was an entertaining show but it falls far short of Dollhouse. The end.[/quote]

Bullshit. Jericho was on for two seasons, I doubt Dollhouse will live past its first.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/joss-whedon-what-it-will.php

Hmm...perhaps there is still hope. I don't know, but if Whedon says to start twittering/facebooking/etc. it in the hope that it might save the series, than fuck it, I'm game. Also, I'm quite sad for Terminator. Hopefully the fact the new movie comes out soon (which looks awesome by the way), will give it some more life for another season and they'll move the shows from a Friday timeslot.

Good standalone ep, it made for a good bridge leading into next week's mythology ep. I will be severely disappointed if this show doesn't get renewed. If it doesn't, the odds of someone else picking it up aren't too good since 20th Century Fox TV is a coproducer of the show.

Yeah, I thought last night's episode was great. Really interesting story. It's not often you get a "back from the dead" angle without some silly ghost running around. Also, the scenes with Topher and Sierra were freaking hilarious. Personally, I think Fox owes Joss a 2nd season as an apology for fucking up the first 5 episodes so bad. They have no one to blame but themselves for the poor numbers. The show is really cooking now, and you can tell there's so much there to be uncovered. It would be a crime not to bring it back.

I agree with n8rockerasu, the scene with Topher and Sierra were awesome.
I bet you any amount of money that Agent Ballard is ALPHA.

I said it here first,

AGENT BALLARD IS ALPHA

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people have said that, but that doesn't make sense, unless in a Paycheck sort of sending items to remind you of your past sort of way, but then why would they be following him so and saying that they don't know the whereabouts of alpha

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']A lot of people have said that, but that doesn't make sense, unless in a Paycheck sort of sending items to remind you of your past sort of way, but then why would they be following him so and saying that they don't know the whereabouts of alpha[/quote]
Exactly, the dollhouse knows who alpha is and if Ballard was alpha why would they send Mellie in with him? why wouldn't they just go and take him out?

Just got done with "A Spy in the House of Love"

Really good, best episode yet. I'm really glad this show has taken a turn for the best. Too bad I doubt it gets renewed. Oh well, on to the next episode.

[quote name='jlseal']Exactly, the dollhouse knows who alpha is and if Ballard was alpha why would they send Mellie in with him? why wouldn't they just go and take him out?[/quote]

Again, if he's alpha, then how can he not know where the Dollhouse is or is located? How does he just get a job with the FBI out of nowhere, unless it goes back to a conspiracy where the Dollhouse, through their connections, placed him there, but then again, why for him to go after the Dollhouse if Alpha went on a rampage and he's supposedly still loose.

[quote name='camoor']Thanks for using spoiler tags guys. Real smart - get other people interested in the show by spoiling it.[/quote]

Normally, I'm very sensitive to this, but at what point do things stop becoming spoilers? This is a thread created for the explicit purpose of talking about the show. If we can't talk about past episodes, why even have the thread?

People throw the word "spoiler" around so carelessly now, half of them don't even know what it truly means. Usually, a spoiler is a piece of information that is not known to the general public. It's usually something about an upcoming show/movie too, not something that has already aired. I'm usually a day or two behind on most of my shows. But I at least know enough to stay away from these threads until I'm caught up. What the hell did you expect to find when you came in here? Real smart.

bread's done
Back