Doom $19.99 via GameStop (Amazon PM'd)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried ringing up a used copy and pointing out the guarantee. The guy, who I'm sure is the manager, said either it's supposed to be cheaper and it's currently glitched, or the $19.99 price is a mistake. Didn't press the issue and just went with new, though he pointed out the collector's edition was also down in price. No thanks.

Good price, never really understood the whole premise of the game, is it just a shooter game or is there a story line connected to it? I can price match it at best buy just not sure what console to get it for

Double dip. Already beat and got every SP achievement on PC. Adds to mine and my friend's gamesharing collection too. Why does it always have to be PC v console for everyone? Just own one of each and be happy you have some fun games to play
Sure thing. My comment wasn't a fanboy attack. To my better half's eternal chagrin, I own a handful of PCs and dozens of consoles of varying repute including the latest from the big 3.

I was genuinely curious. Aside from the lack of true modding support, Doom was a PC focused release IMO.

Good price, never really understood the whole premise of the game, is it just a shooter game or is there a story line connected to it? I can price match it at best buy just not sure what console to get it for
There are demons. You are a legendary soldier known for killing demons. 'Nuff said.

Serious answer: There's a story, but it's not really the main reason to play the campaign--the gameplay is just so addictive and polished.

https://www.amazon.com/Doom-Collectors-PC/dp/B01BG1O75A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472057417&sr=8-1&keywords=doom+collectors+edition

It's even cheaper on Amazon, for $48 you can grab the console versions and $44 for the pc version.

No reason not to grab it for $20 more then the original price of the standard.
I want the steelbook but not the statue. Looks like I could get back around 20 bucks after shipping etc. if I unload the status bringing it 28 bucks. Now to see if I can find the steelbook itself on ebay for under 10 bucks...

Why is it that GameStop always price drops games to $20 before Best Buy? I guess I'm gonna have to wait longer yet again so I can get a few extra bucks off with GCU.

Fanstastic but I wanted it for PC and download option is not available. Will wait. Costs $5 to ship physical version here and I'm not driving 15 miles for an impulse buy lol.

Why is it that GameStop always price drops games to $20 before Best Buy? I guess I'm gonna have to wait longer yet again so I can get a few extra bucks off with GCU.
It's because ever since BB dropped there GCU price to a ridiculous $30, they have all but stopped being competitive.

I say ridiculous because - well, how do I explain it: would you trust a new BMW that costs $5,000? No, you expect to pay a lot because you'll get back a lot. Their new peanuts-for-peanuts business model isn't doing it for me.

Tried ringing up a used copy and pointing out the guarantee. The guy, who I'm sure is the manager, said either it's supposed to be cheaper and it's currently glitched, or the $19.99 price is a mistake. Didn't press the issue and just went with new, though he pointed out the collector's edition was also down in price. No thanks.
The guy at my Gamestop said this was a "publisher" special so it doesn't qualify for their guarantee. This also leads me to think the $19.99 price will be at most other stores within a few days.

I had this on PS4 but I got frustrated with the inability to do precise aiming. Something like Gears I can handle on a controller but this one begged for kb/m. Now I'll have it for PC and see what my aging 580 can pull.

If it really is a "publisher sale" I'd wait until Sunday to see if BB has it for $15.99 after GCU. If not then pick it up at GS.

Nevermind it's not in next week's ad.

Got the price match at Target will pick up the game on Friday(For the PS4) hope Im making the right choice..I dont play Multiplayer but Im into some kind of storyline in games so I hope that this game just isnt shooting and thats it

If you guys get it at Gamestop make sure you ask for the alternate cover they were handing out a couple of weeks ago, I asked for some today and they gave me a couple. They had plenty of them left.

https://www.amazon.com/Doom-PC/dp/B00M3D8ISS

We all have to do our part and report the price match to Amazon. The more people do it the more likely. Hoping for a PC pricematch since none even remotely close to me have it in stock.
Did my part.

Hopefully, they (Amazon) price-match it both for retail-box (for those wanting a retail-box - namely for those who got their Prime service or those Non-Primers willing to spend over $49 w/ some other purchases) and especially for a PC download/Steam code.

Nice to see Worst Buy won't be having Doom on sale this upcoming week. That's AwesomeStop 1, Worst Buy 0. Suck on that GCU members. 

Im just kidding guys. Really did want Best Buy to also have it on sale, but Gamestop has been pretty good the last two months. Still can't believe I was able to get both DOOM and Uncharted 4 for less than $45 at Gamestop in alittle more than 3 months after release. 

Nice to see Worst Buy won't be having Doom on sale this upcoming week. That's AwesomeStop 1, Worst Buy 0. Suck on that GCU members.

Im just kidding guys. Really did want Best Buy to also have it on sale, but Gamestop has been pretty good the last two months. Still can't believe I was able to get both DOOM and Uncharted 4 for less than $45 at Gamestop in alittle more than 3 months after release.
Most likely the ad was already final before publisher told BB about the sale so it will be one of those random pop up sales that comes unadvertised, like the $15 batman arkham

I used $15 lamestop rewards points and paid $5 +plus tax.

then traded it at best buy for $27.50 :D/

I was surprised to get a sealed copy. this almost never happens at Lamestop.

Sure thing. My comment wasn't a fanboy attack. To my better half's eternal chagrin, I own a handful of PCs and dozens of consoles of varying repute including the latest from the big 3.

I was genuinely curious. Aside from the lack of true modding support, Doom was a PC focused release IMO.
I just buy best ver of the game on whatever consoles i own. I prefer pc 80% of the time until my pc fizzled out. But people pounce cause of what i do. Why i avoid playing mp to toxic...

hmm didnt know doom trades in at best buy for 27.50 i got an xbox one copy but read that it plays better on ps4? if so may trade it in (assuming trade value doesn't drop tomo) and get a ps4 copy

Did the same with a $15 cert. I'm actually keeping mine and plan to play it once I can free up however many gigs I need on my hard drive.

Picked up PS4 and XBO copies and filipped to BB. Easy credit transfer. Also picked up the XBO S Madden bundle and sold Madden to BB as well.

Who cares if it was unsealed in this instance? It would have saved you 30 seconds from unwrapping it for bby.

Traded my GS copy and preordered RIGS. All I have left for psvr purchases are battle zone and Robinson : The Journey. It will be nice come October to be able to get back to gaming without the headache of purchasing everything I want as cheap ass possible!

This game is so fun! Heard bad things about the multiplayer, but felt it was great when I played it. Anyone want to team up for some matches online? Ps4

Honestly GCU is worthless now IMO. They rope everyone in, you pay for it and then they do BS like change the terms (no more Black Friday) and then give nothing but crap deals for over a year straight after dropping the price.
GCU was only ever worth it to me if I happened to be buying $150 of games at a time, since that would make make it free for two years. If you console and handhelds are secondary to PC, it's actually pretty easy to build up a list of discounted games and do so.
I'd never actually go out of my way to pay the $30.

Does anyone know how long it takes Amazon to respond to things like this? I hate to support Gamestop but I've really wanted this game for awhile and I might just have to stop at one tomorrow...

Does anyone know how long it takes Amazon to respond to things like this? I hate to support Gamestop but I've really wanted this game for awhile and I might just have to stop at one tomorrow...
Such a stupid post lol GS has been having great deals and some pretty solid trade-in values...so good that they got my cheap ass banned :D

GCU is fine. There's lots of people here that have got some great deals because of it
It's relative to what games your interested in.

20% off on release date + additional $10 in BBY rewards in some cases. That's $22 right there from one title. The subscription is $30/2 years. Surely anyone can manage to save $30 in 2 years buying stuff they would anyway. I know I got my moneys worth last year on Black Friday alone buying gifts.

It's relative to what games your interested in.

20% off on release date + additional $10 in BBY rewards in some cases. That's $22 right there from one title. The subscription is $30/2 years. Surely anyone can manage to save $30 in 2 years buying stuff they would anyway. I know I got my moneys worth last year on Black Friday alone buying gifts.
But remember GCU no longer works on Black Friday deals.

Such a stupid post lol GS has been having great deals and some pretty solid trade-in values...so good that they got my cheap ass banned :D
It's funny to me that I previously purchased Doom just to get a trade in bump, returned it back then, and was able to rebuy it last night for $5 cash by using a rewards cert that was made possible by that previous transaction.

After a 'song & a dance' I was able to get TRU to price match it for me. They went as far as to call GS to confirm and thankfully whoever was on the other line did confirm and acknowledge it was a publisher drop. YMMV as to whether or not they will price match it... So glad I held out on release!

For anyone who just picked up Doom, be prepared to download a roughly ~19Gb update. Took about three hours due to Time Warner Cable Speeds....Can't wait to move and get Fios. Enjoy!

So if this is a "publisher sale" might we see the same price at Best Buy making it $16 after GCU next week? I know it's not in the ad but BB seems to have unadvertised weekly deals now too.

bread's done
Back