Doom $19.99 via GameStop (Amazon PM'd)

Corporate sent an email to the employees to remove all used copies from the shelves. I got one before they were removed so they honored the guarantee. I actually like my local GS. I always give them good surveys for being so chill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corporate sent an email to the employees to remove all used copies from the shelves. I got one before they were removed so they honored the guarantee. I actually like my local GS. I always give them good surveys for being so chill.
Did they just sent this in the last hour? I was there all day till 5pm and never got an e-mail to remove used copies.

thats pretty damn shady if true.

I understand they prob have alot of excess new copies and want to get rid of them but the used should be 20% cheaper like they advertise, not just take them off the shelves.

I was hoping to grab division used but the new is the only one on sale as well :(

that is not even remotely close.
Maybe it seems especially long for me since I'm eager to get back to the fast-paced action, or my PS4 is a bit slower, but I'll explain to you the process. This is also pre-patch I think, last time I played was last week.

Once you die, you have to wait a bit for them to finish killing you, burning, or decaying in acid. Then a box comes out asking if you want to restart or exit, but there's a glitch (at least for me) where you have to wait like 10-30 seconds before you can click X. Once it never let me click X, it just froze. Idk why, its just like that. Then, the loading screen pops up, and you have to wait for the top right circle to go from 0% to 100%. It starts off really slow, then picks up, and takes a while from 90% to 95%. Finally, you have to wait until it tells you to start again. So yes, it has taken around 3-5 minutes for me before. Maybe on average it takes around a minute or two. But it definitely takes a while, compare to most games.

Edit: Googling tells me others have the same problem.

Did they just sent this in the last hour? I was there all day till 5pm and never got an e-mail to remove used copies.
The employee said he just got an email about it and went to check. He read it outloud, rolled his eyes, then said of course Ill give you the guarantee. Then got out his calculator. Got it for $2.70 thanks to a PUR coupon.

I feel kinda dirty. This was the first time I had bought a new game and immediately traded it in. I've only ever done used game trades. Just seems weird to buy a new game, unwrap it and then go trade it in.

Boo. Stupid jerkface amazon, pricing matching for the consoles but not on pc. Boo!

(because it needs to continue to be said.)

Boo. Stupid jerkface amazon, pricing matching for the consoles but not on pc. Boo!

(because it needs to continue to be said.)
Agreed. I would rather have it on console if it weren't for load times though. That's the main thing pushing me back toward PC gaming, but PC gaming has it's own issues IMO.

Not true, my gamestop still has tons of used copies for sale as of tonight.

Not true, my gamestop still has tons of used copies for sale as of tonight.
He read the email. Maybe your GS employees didn't remove them as requested or maybe its a district thing. I know the employee who was there. He gave me the discount so he had no reason to make up a fake email.

I'm curious what you've been told about honoring 20% off on games that are on sale
Well i dont work for gamestop, however, I do know how to read, If you look at the terms and conditions of the 20% off used games you would know that the offer does not apply to and i quote: Guaranteed 10% less/20% less than the retail price offered by GameStop of an in-stock new version of the same game or accessory at time of purchase. Comparison not valid on clearance or promotional items.

Therefore, technically since its a promotional/sale item they really dont have to give u the 20% off on the used sale price

Well i dont work for gamestop, however, I do know how to read, If you look at the terms and conditions of the 20% off used games you would know that the offer does not apply to and i quote: Guaranteed 10% less/20% less than the retail price offered by GameStop of an in-stock new version of the same game or accessory at time of purchase. Comparison not valid on clearance or promotional items.

Therefore, technically since its a promotional/sale item they really dont have to give u the 20% off on the used sale price
fuck off

Not sure you know how to read. Its a sale. Not clearance or a promotion.

Technically, it's not in the goddamn ad, so they can't claim it's a promotion.

Local store said corporate sent an email to not honor the guarantee. Sucks, would have bought it at $10 (w/ cert) but I'll wait for BF for it to be $10.

It's in the ad. It is a promotion. The fine print on the 20% less used has always covered this. People just need something to complain about/confirm their bias against GameStop.

I grabbed one today on the way to a call. I asked for a shrink wrapped one and the guy says "Is it for a gift or something?" I said "no - I just like for new shit I buy to be actually new".
Usually I prefer the games be sealed. However when I am driving across the parking lot to trade them at BB it is a PIA. I had to use my keys to open the damn shrink wrap. So I had to turn the car off. It is hot out. lol

Would have been easier if GS had opened the cases for me.

Yeah the one near my job is pretty decent. At least the one guy that almost always seems to be there. He doesn't try to sell me game protection nonsense or pre orders too often. Didn't even question why I wanted two used PS4 copies of doom a couple weeks ago and then switched it to one for PS4 and one for XBox One since he didn't have two used PS4 copies anyway. I am not a major flipper or anything so maybe I don't raise any flags.

So you want thousands of people to lose their jobs, other retailers to gain an even greater share of the video game market (which is already considerably limited in terms of competition), all because they open games?
When we defeated the NAZIS a lot of German potato peelers were out of a job. Collateral damage. :)

I feel kinda dirty. This was the first time I had bought a new game and immediately traded it in. I've only ever done used game trades. Just seems weird to buy a new game, unwrap it and then go trade it in.
Bestbuy gave me $120 for 3 copies.

I could see it being $16 with GCU or maybe being $15 at Walmart on BF but is $4 or 5 bucks really worth waiting 3 months over?
If you won't play the game for another two years, of course! I was about to buy this, but then my conscience took over and told me to play some of what I already have

I stopped shopping at GameStop and they ended up redeeming some of my points towards a $5 off voucher that expired at the end of the month. Wasn't very happy about it but figured the game looks good for $15 and I was able to pick up the nuka world poster. Wanted to get the Pokemon code too but missed out on that.

If you won't play the game for another two years, of course! I was about to buy this, but then my conscience took over and told me to play some of what I already have
That's why I only buy games when I plan to play them soon. Never had a backlog before.

I've been playing Zelda: A Link to the Past on my Wii lately. I almost bought Doom at $20 but I won't play it for months so...

Went in to trade in my 3rd ps4 copy today (traded in 3 XBO, and 2 PS4 before today) and the value is $13 now. Turns out to be $20.80 if you have GCU, looks like Best Buy corporate has caught on.

Lol. Got denied a price adjustment on the preowned. The excuse I got today was " its a publisher price drop and not MSRP which gamestop honors the 10/20 with". I pushed the issue a little more and he bottomlined me with " it's 20 bucks man, you either want it or you dont". It was lighthearted so I took no offense

Was able to get this price matched at Target for PC, but I just got lucky with a nice manager.

I figured out the PC version didn't get price matched on Amazon because it sold out online at Gamestop. That also caused problems with it coming up on the Target tablet. But the manager took my word on it and gave it to me.

Lol. Got denied a price adjustment on the preowned. The excuse I got today was " its a publisher price drop and not MSRP which gamestop honors the 10/20 with". I pushed the issue a little more and he bottomlined me with " it's 20 bucks man, you either want it or you dont". It was lighthearted so I took no offense
What does that even mean? Doesn't the publisher set the MSRP?

My order of PC version from GameStop made at 4am that morning was till not shipped, other items in the same ordered were shipped that same that.

Anyone has the PC version shipped yet?

bread's done
Back