Doom $19.99 via GameStop (Amazon PM'd)

bought the game and played about 50 mins before it crashed... i really had a lot of fun playing it. especially that chainsaw... so  fuck ing cool

I-have-a-Chainsaw-bro-meme-49120.jpg

Lol. Got denied a price adjustment on the preowned. The excuse I got today was " its a publisher price drop and not MSRP which gamestop honors the 10/20 with". I pushed the issue a little more and he bottomlined me with " it's 20 bucks man, you either want it or you dont". It was lighthearted so I took no offense
This is actually 100% correct. It is a publisher promotion where Gamestop is recovering some of the cost directly from the publisher, not a sale put on by Gamestop

This is actually 100% correct. It is a publisher promotion where Gamestop is recovering some of the cost directly from the publisher, not a sale put on by Gamestop
OK so if I understand this correctly, they mean the MSRP remains the same, but they are getting a rebate or some sort of credit from the publisher to cover the difference between MSRP and the promotional sale price. That makes sense. If the MSRP for a new copy had dropped then the corresponding pre-owned price would drop to the appropriate level in relation to the lower MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so if I understand this correctly, they mean the MSRP remains the same, but they are getting a rebate or some sort of credit from the publisher to cover the difference between MSRP and the promotional sale price. That makes sense. If the MSRP for a new copy had dropped then the corresponding pre-owned price would drop to the appropriate level in relation to the lower MSRP.
Yeah, I think whoever wrote that for them chose horrible verbiage. Should've just said off of MSRP. I still think that if a game is actually put on sale by GS, to 10/20 would apply though. Like I said in the other thread I think those copies of Siege that everyone was snatching about a month ago were the case. We were getting copies for 16-17 bucks and now they're back up to over $40, along with the new price

Yeah, I think whoever wrote that for them chose horrible verbiage. Should've just said off of MSRP. I still think that if a game is actually put on sale by GS, to 10/20 would apply though. Like I said in the other thread I think those copies of Siege that everyone was snatching about a month ago were the case. We were getting copies for 16-17 bucks and now they're back up to over $40, along with the new price
In the past this would be why a pre-owned game would cost more than a new game. The publisher was the one that put it on sale and not gamestop.

Ever since they started to do the 10/20 thing it didnt matter who put it on sale.

Looks like with Doom and Division this week though they are going against their 10/20 thing.

In the past this would be why a pre-owned game would cost more than a new game. The publisher was the one that put it on sale and not gamestop.

Ever since they started to do the 10/20 thing it didnt matter who put it on sale.

Looks like with Doom and Division this week though they are going against their 10/20 thing.
Yeah I think I recall the games on PUR day not having discounted used copies, but the games that were in the weekly ad did. Tell your bosses to get it together!!

Amazon Is sending out UK copies of DOOM for PS4 with the PEGI 18 rating. I got mine today and it was a UK copy with a stickered-over UPC. I ordered directly from Amazon.com at $19.99. I know it is the same game, but the second the UPC sticker comes off it cannot be sold or traded in to any retailers without hassle.

Edit: Order pic:
[attachment=23468:doomAZ.jpg]

Sticker:
[attachment=23469:doomsticker.JPG]

Amazon Is sending out UK copies of DOOM for PS4 with the PEGI 18 rating. I got mine today and it was a UK copy with a stickered-over UPC. I ordered directly from Amazon.com at $19.99. I know it is the same game, but the second the UPC sticker comes off it cannot be sold or traded in to any retailers without hassle.
Ugh seriously? I ordered from amazon, used no rush shipping so I won't know until next week. Even though I was planning on playing it and not flipping it's still frustrating that I may not be able to sell it later. Hopefully mine is a US copy.

For what its worth, most gamestops would know better not to take in games from another region, but whenever I traded them into bestbuy they are pretty clueless, traded in 2 euro games and 1 japanese game and they never gave it a second glance.

Also, best buy does not require the box the game comes in, i just handed them the disc in a empty cd jewel case. I doubt they even looked at the rating icon.

Just an update, on the PC with a not top of the line PC, I'm getting load times of 30 seconds or less between deaths so it definitely is an improvement if it is taking minutes to reload on console.  

For what its worth, most gamestops would know better not to take in games from another region, but whenever I traded them into bestbuy they are pretty clueless, traded in 2 euro games and 1 japanese game and they never gave it a second glance.

Also, best buy does not require the box the game comes in, i just handed them the disc in a empty cd jewel case. I doubt they even looked at the rating icon.
Goddamn trade-in places should NOT accept garbage. Bullshit like that is why it's so hard to find games in good shape. Everything I tried to pickup at Gamestop when I was building my 360 collection was always missing covers, scratched to hell, or both, and the assholes still wanted $20+ for it. Also, tell the idiots to test the discs. The regions don't mean shit for current gen. They should test the damn things anyway, especially with a console gen where every disc has to install completely to work.

Just an update, on the PC with a not top of the line PC, I'm getting load times of 30 seconds or less between deaths so it definitely is an improvement if it is taking minutes to reload on console.
Yeah, that's why I'm waiting until I rebuild my gaming rig. I'll pickup the PC version around black friday. I hate waiting for everything to load. This generation of consoles is such a joke it's unreal, and people keep eating it up. Makes me sick.

Goddamn trade-in places should NOT accept garbage. Bullshit like that is why it's so hard to find games in good shape. Everything I tried to pickup at Gamestop when I was building my 360 collection was always missing covers, scratched to hell, or both, and they assholes still wanted $20+ for it. Also, tell the idiots to test the discs.
They have a set price for the game established by corporate. They are not allowed to haggle. Either it works or its "defective".

Also there is no way they are going to test the discs during a transaction. Gamestops usually only have one guy manning the register...2 if you are lucky. and if there are like 8 people waiting in line and gamestop has to pitch like 10 different offers down your throat per transaction per person, plus test every disc? Yeah, that would take forever.

They have a set price for the game established by corporate. They are not allowed to haggle. Either it works or its "defective".

Also there is no way they are going to test the discs during a transaction. Gamestops usually only have one guy manning the register...2 if you are lucky. and if there are like 8 people waiting in line and gamestop has to pitch like 10 different offers down your throat per transaction per person, plus test every disc? Yeah, that would take forever.
Who said anything about haggling? I said people who don't take care of their shit should be stuck with it instead of getting rewarded for it by these assholes. They can ring other people out while the disc(s) is installing. The only reason these assholes are still in business is cheap idiots who don't check or care about the quality of the discs they buy.

Haven't tried trading in a game from another region at best buy or gamestop but I asked at gamestop if they would take in a game bought from Europe and was told they're not supposed to. I want to trade in my bloodborne disc from EU since DLCs are region locked

Who said anything about haggling? I said people who don't take care of their shit should be stuck with it instead of getting rewarded for it by these assholes. They can ring other people out while the disc(s) is installing. The only reason these assholes are still in business is cheap idiots who don't check or care about the quality of the discs they buy.
So you expect every gamestop to have an Xbox one and ps4 set up at all times and install every game that gets traded in and then have to delete every game traded in off the system after wards?

CAGers, I know this 10/20 guaranteed argument has been beaten into the ground already but I wanted to point out something from the fine print. It says if a purchase is unsatisfactory, then the remedy for the customer is a refund of the difference plus 5% of the "new" price. If any of you ever get this to happen, please share the story. A cold day in hell would happen first to me before that

CAGers, I know this 10/20 guaranteed argument has been beaten into the ground already but I wanted to point out something from the fine print. It says if a purchase is unsatisfactory, then the remedy for the customer is a refund of the difference plus 5% of the "new" price. If any of you ever get this to happen, please share the story. A cold day in hell would happen first to me before that
It happened to me once at Circuit City and it was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epP3jETf8Og

Are you 100% sure it was Amazon and not another seller? That doesn't sound right. Just because it's Prime doesn't mean it's Amazon. I'd be surprised if it was, because as far as I know DLC is region locked. Does the game come with any codes? I'd be tempted to return it along with a complaint that you expected to receive a US retail version and feel jipped.

Are you 100% sure it was Amazon and not another seller? That doesn't sound right. Just because it's Prime doesn't mean it's Amazon. I'd be surprised if it was, because as far as I know DLC is region locked. Does the game come with any codes? I'd be tempted to return it along with a complaint that you expected to receive a US retail version and feel jipped.
I've never thought about it, but with certain circumstances that have been happening with Amazon stock it wouldn't surprise me that third party seller items fulfilled by Amazon is mixed with the regular stock.

Anybody have any insight with this?

I only bring this up because of what happened with sfV and from what I recall that was sold directly from Amazon too.

I've never thought about it, but with certain circumstances that have been happening with Amazon stock it wouldn't surprise me that third party seller items fulfilled by Amazon is mixed with the regular stock.

Anybody have any insight with this?

I only bring this up because of what happened with sfV and from what I recall that was sold directly from Amazon too.
You may be on to something. I just checked the 1 star reviews for Doom PS4 on Amazon and the very first one says they received "a UK copy with a code dud."

@vivafriend5--do you still have the label that was covering the barcode? What does it say exactly? Or better yet, can you post a photo of the label and of the barcode underneath?

You may be on to something. I just checked the 1 star reviews for Doom PS4 on Amazon and the very first one says they received "a UK copy with a code dud."

@vivafriend5--do you still have the label that was covering the barcode? What does it say exactly? Or better yet, can you post a photo of the label and of the barcode underneath?
Edited my original post with photos. Also, I am not the person who left the one star review.

I am weak, and the impulse to buy was too strong. I'm sure no regrets will follow (having played an entry in the Doom series on every rig I've ever owned), but this backlog is getting ridiculous.
putting myself in CAG rehab for a while...

Are these load times for Doom 2016 on your mechanical HDD or your SSD?

Edited my original post with photos. Also, I am not the person who left the one star review.
Thanks for posting the pics. OK here is my theory:

If you go to the Amazon listing for Doom PS4 and click on the link to see all the offers, then filter for NEW condition and PRIME shipping, you will see the lowest offer is Amazon for $19.99 but only available to Prime subscribers. Next lowest offer is $37.50 from Games 4 Life. Click on Games 4 Life and it takes you to his feedback page where it lists his location as "LYTHAM ST.ANNES, LANCASHIRE" which is in the UK.

So let's say a Prime subscriber orders the game from Amazon and they are out of stock in the nearest warehouse, but Games 4 Life has some in stock at that warehouse and they are the next lowest price. Amazon buys it from Games 4 Life and ships it to the customer so that they receive it within the 2-day shipping window or whatever. If the game was the normal US version there would be no problem.

The seller of this item printed out a label with the ASIN (Amazon number in the format B0xxxxxxx) B00M3D8IYM. Each page on Amazon has one of those numbers assigned and it shows up in the URL, you can also input that number into the search bar and it will bring up Doom PS4. Long story short, everything sold under that ASIN is supposed to match the details on that page exactly. Whoever stuck that label on the game is representing the product as the US version when it is actually the UK version. Now we don't know for sure that it came from Games 4 Life, but let's take a look at some of his feedback:

"Game arrived intact and works, but the version of the game is actually EU and not US, PEGI rating on the front versus ESRB. Luckily the Xbox One isn't region locked like the Xbox 360 was but without being warned about this, I was tempted to ship it back immediately without trying to play the game first."
By annybull on August 24, 2016.

"Item arrived late and Playstation bonus codes included in the case were rejected by Playstation Store so bonus items could not be redeemed."
By Mom on August 19, 2016

"Ordered Gears of War judgement for Xbox 360 and received a PAL copy. Luckily, this specific game, the PAL copy works on North American Xbox 360s but still not cool. The game was listed as a NTSC copy. It works so I won't return it but people should know."
By David D. on August 8, 2016.

"Received the European version of the game (PEGI 12 in the bottom left) instead of the advertised North American version (T for Teen in the bottom left). I was able to return with a full refund."
By VGKPfan on August 5, 2016.

"Item displayed was the US version and I received the European version which was useless to me."
By David Marcinkevich on August 5, 2016.

"These guys continue to ship non US videogames when the product clearly indicates US product. I keep returning. Avoid them."
By Molly on August 4, 2016

"I bought the game from Amazon US and the image is showing NTSC version. I don't know why I got a PAL version that doesn't work on my XBOX 360"
By Yousif A. on August 2, 2016.

------------------------------------------------

...and those are just the ones from this month. There are plenty more if you care to look through the past several months. So my best guess is that's where the game came from. I can't imagine that Amazon themselves would go out and buy UK versions and sell them to US customers. It has to be a 3rd party who is shipping them into the warehouses and representing them as US versions.

I just looked at my copy I got on Saturday. It's the UK version, region 2 PEGI 18 rating. Since I'm planning on reselling when I'm done, should I return the copy to get a US version?

Thanks for posting the pics. OK here is my theory:

If you go to the Amazon listing for Doom PS4 and click on the link to see all the offers, then filter for NEW condition and PRIME shipping, you will see the lowest offer is Amazon for $19.99 but only available to Prime subscribers. Next lowest offer is $37.50 from Games 4 Life. Click on Games 4 Life and it takes you to his feedback page where it lists his location as "LYTHAM ST.ANNES, LANCASHIRE" which is in the UK.

So let's say a Prime subscriber orders the game from Amazon and they are out of stock in the nearest warehouse, but Games 4 Life has some in stock at that warehouse and they are the next lowest price. Amazon buys it from Games 4 Life and ships it to the customer so that they receive it within the 2-day shipping window or whatever. If the game was the normal US version there would be no problem.

The seller of this item printed out a label with the ASIN (Amazon number in the format B0xxxxxxx) B00M3D8IYM. Each page on Amazon has one of those numbers assigned and it shows up in the URL, you can also input that number into the search bar and it will bring up Doom PS4. Long story short, everything sold under that ASIN is supposed to match the details on that page exactly. Whoever stuck that label on the game is representing the product as the US version when it is actually the UK version. Now we don't know for sure that it came from Games 4 Life, but let's take a look at some of his feedback:

"Game arrived intact and works, but the version of the game is actually EU and not US, PEGI rating on the front versus ESRB. Luckily the Xbox One isn't region locked like the Xbox 360 was but without being warned about this, I was tempted to ship it back immediately without trying to play the game first."
By annybull on August 24, 2016.

"Item arrived late and Playstation bonus codes included in the case were rejected by Playstation Store so bonus items could not be redeemed."
By Mom on August 19, 2016

"Ordered Gears of War judgement for Xbox 360 and received a PAL copy. Luckily, this specific game, the PAL copy works on North American Xbox 360s but still not cool. The game was listed as a NTSC copy. It works so I won't return it but people should know."
By David D. on August 8, 2016.

"Received the European version of the game (PEGI 12 in the bottom left) instead of the advertised North American version (T for Teen in the bottom left). I was able to return with a full refund."
By VGKPfan on August 5, 2016.

"Item displayed was the US version and I received the European version which was useless to me."
By David Marcinkevich on August 5, 2016.

"These guys continue to ship non US videogames when the product clearly indicates US product. I keep returning. Avoid them."
By Molly on August 4, 2016

"I bought the game from Amazon US and the image is showing NTSC version. I don't know why I got a PAL version that doesn't work on my XBOX 360"
By Yousif A. on August 2, 2016.

------------------------------------------------

...and those are just the ones from this month. There are plenty more if you care to look through the past several months. So my best guess is that's where the game came from. I can't imagine that Amazon themselves would go out and buy UK versions and sell them to US customers. It has to be a 3rd party who is shipping them into the warehouses and representing them as US versions.
I wouldn't go as far as Amazon buying stock from third party sellers, I will go into detail about why I posted what I originally posted regarding having mixed inventory with third party sellers.

This is what I do know about third party merchandise being fulfilled by Amazon, items get sent to a warehouse. They can virtually go anywhere around the country, Once it gets delivered they open up all the boxes and verify what's in there. I'm guessing they verify the count and condition that it was reported to be.

This is where I'm guessing but... I don't see Amazon giving sellers dedicated warehouse space to fulfill all the individual items they are selling in the marketplace. I don't think it's conceivable to think that they are able to do this and maintain the business that they do with third party sellers.

I'm guessing all the "new" stock may be in one place at this one particular warehouse, I don't know if everybody getting these EU games are in a certain region, I know Amazon has been getting better at shipping/diverting merchandise to a warehouse closest to you.

I just looked at my copy I got on Saturday. It's the UK version, region 2 PEGI 18 rating. Since I'm planning on reselling when I'm done, should I return the copy to get a US version?
Yes, but more likely than not, Amazon will put the item under review since I'm sure a lot of people will complain. Do yourself the favor and just get a refund and get it at GS.

What's great is that the multiplayer in this is much better than Halo 5, Destiny, Overwatch, COD, and Battleborn.

So you expect every gamestop to have an Xbox one and ps4 set up at all times and install every game that gets traded in and then have to delete every game traded in off the system after wards?
They should its there jobs. employees take free games home to play so no excuse. I loved buying used consoles there that would not even turn on or eject or read a disc. Lazy to busy chatting n goofing around.

This game on nightmare is wtf hard. Killed after 1 hit, taken from 91 health with 10 armor to 19 health period from one shot in a room full of demons, and having to start the whole battle over?????? Jeez

They should its there jobs. employees take free games home to play so no excuse. I loved buying used consoles there that would not even turn on or eject or read a disc. Lazy to busy chatting n goofing around.
That's literally not possible. I mean, unless you want them to implement a month long waiting period before giving you money while they test the games

Picked up Doom on Saturday night I didn't tell the guy if I wanted used or new (my stupidity). So I traded in like $28.60 in games and told him I wanted that back in cash and to buy the game with my gift card and $5 cert. Hes like okay grabs Doom and rings it up and after I give him the $5 cert theres like $17 left which I thought was alittle high should of been $15.xx but whatever I pay. He hands me the game and I ask for the cash. He sold me the used version for $48 and then cant figure out how to do the return properly. I ended up with $17 in cash and $28.60 on a gift card instead of the other way around. Had to argue with him for 10 minutes about the $5 cert not being added into what hes giving me before he finally sees it, as im leaving with my 4 receipts he says you have 4 receipts make sure you fill out the survey with these and leave some good feedback. 30 mins to trade in 4 games and buy 1 game with no on else in line. 

Picked up Doom on Saturday night I didn't tell the guy if I wanted used or new (my stupidity). So I traded in like $28.60 in games and told him I wanted that back in cash and to buy the game with my gift card and $5 cert. Hes like okay grabs Doom and rings it up and after I give him the $5 cert theres like $17 left which I thought was alittle high should of been $15.xx but whatever I pay. He hands me the game and I ask for the cash. He sold me the used version for $48 and then cant figure out how to do the return properly. I ended up with $17 in cash and $28.60 on a gift card instead of the other way around. Had to argue with him for 10 minutes about the $5 cert not being added into what hes giving me before he finally sees it, as im leaving with my 4 receipts he says you have 4 receipts make sure you fill out the survey with these and leave some good feedback. 30 mins to trade in 4 games and buy 1 game with no on else in line.
That sort of entertainment is priceless though!

I mean, give the guy the benefit of the doubt and just assume he was clueless about the sale and grabbed use to try to save you some money because usually that would be the cheapest. Or maybe since they gut all their games he couldn't tell the difference between new and used.

bread's done
Back