Doom $19.99 via GameStop (Amazon PM'd)

So if this is a "publisher sale" might we see the same price at Best Buy making it $16 after GCU next week? I know it's not in the ad but BB seems to have unadvertised weekly deals now too.
TRU told me that GS said the publisher can drop the price at any given time to any store. It sounds like they picked GS maybe because of how much overstock they had? I'm only guessing here from my experience in getting it PM'ed

Maybe a package with everything together? Are the DLCs free or? Im just contemplating if I should pull the trigger on this one yet...
No, the DLCs definitely aren't free--there's a $39.99 Season Pass that you can still buy. All DLCs are intended for multiplayer only.

I say that $20 is a great price for this, as the single-player campaign is superior to the multiplayer anyway and will take quite a while to complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense then. I can see a GOTY/Premium edition being released for $49.99 with the game and all DLC...  I think I still may pick this up, or wait until next week and see if BestBuy follows suit and get it for $16 with GCU :)

Caved in and went to Gamestop this morning and got a ps4 copy. 19gb update but it only took 55 minutes with my crappy Timewarner in Ohio

I just got shot down at best buy
she said they don't price match games too
I said that is new to me

Then she said there is a list of approved stores

I just got shot down at best buy
she said they don't price match games too
I said that is new to me

Then she said there is a list of approved stores
"We match local retail competitors (including their online prices) and these qualifying online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com."

"What is considered a local retail competitor?
A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25-mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25-mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase."

Best Buy website says local competitors. I wasn't planning on buying it yet but now your making me want to go to Best Buy out of spite and make them price match.

"We match local retail competitors (including their online prices) and these qualifying online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com."

Best Buy website says local competitors.
I would've asked for a manager. That's crap.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

"What is considered a local retail competitor?
A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25-mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25-mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase."

Best Buy website says local competitors. I wasn't planning on buying it yet but now your making me want to go to Best Buy out of spite and make them price match.
She said the system doesn't have it in the list. I said what list? The website said local competitors. She said go online. I said I am looking online now. She told me to call corporate. I said bunk it and left.

She said the system doesn't have it in the list. I said what list? The website said local competitors. She said go online. I said I am looking online now. She told me to call corporate. I said bunk it and left.
In that list, they can select local competitors and put GS name down. It's pretty simple. She must be new.

Been playing this since yesterday now, very very very fun. Well worth $20 for damn sure if anyone is on the fence. I have until next month for a new release I care about so this was perfect filler. I find myself getting all the collectibles in the game too, and I definitely never take the time to do that. 

Why are people going to GameStop? Isnt this price match-able at Bestbuy/Target/anywhere else? LoL Dont support Lame$top... fuck
I have GS trade in credit after making some $$ from leftover Redbox games after the expiration of cash deal.

Also, my Best Buys and Targets are a pain for PMing.

Finally, location. My GS is a 2 minute drive. Target is a 15 min drive and Best Buy a little further (unless I want to go closer and pay an extra 2% in sales tax for it being in the city).

Why are people going to GameStop? Isnt this price match-able at Bestbuy/Target/anywhere else? LoL Dont support Lame$top... fuck
Yeah, definitely. We should let the only dedicated video game retailer to go out of business. Giving Best Buy, Target, and Walmart an even greater share of the video game business is a great idea.

In that list, they can select local competitors and put GS name down. It's pretty simple. She must be new.

Either new or one of those Best Buys in a high rent location and a manager that makes every single price match an ordeal to even attempt. One attached to a large mall near me it doesn't matter which employee you get, the manager has to be called and he will always question it heavily. He honestly tried to get out of match from the Best Buy website on me once, and said he would only do it "this time". I told him he should review the Best Buy price match policy, and he just walked away.

I've got my red solo cup filled with glitter and I've got my magazine rack kicking boots on.

Let's rock.

I dont know why everyone is having a fuss over buying it from GameStop. Surely you have some credit to burn or flip. I bought 16 copies yesterday and have flipped 12 of them to Best Buy already.

Yeah, definitely. We should let the only dedicated video game retailer to go out of business. Giving Best Buy, Target, and Walmart an even greater share of the video game business is a great idea.
Gamestop is run by assholes. It deserve to die. No other business insists on opening all their games to have displays. Only suckers buy open box.

Now why the hell hasn't Amazon matched this yet?

This in conjunction with $15 off coupons is a really nice way to convert GS points into BB credit.

Gamestop is run by assholes. It deserve to die. No other business insists on opening all their games to have displays. Only suckers buy open box.

Now why the hell hasn't Amazon matched this yet?
So you want thousands of people to lose their jobs, other retailers to gain an even greater share of the video game market (which is already considerably limited in terms of competition), all because they open games?

I grabbed one today on the way to a call. I asked for a shrink wrapped one and the guy says "Is it for a gift or something?" I said "no - I just like for new shit I buy to be actually new".

Can anyone tell me what the full download size for Doom is on Xbox One including the update? I know I asked this a few pages back, but I own a 500 gb system and don't plan to buy an external hard drive for a while. Thanks!

So you want thousands of people to lose their jobs, other retailers to gain an even greater share of the video game market (which is already considerably limited in terms of competition), all because they open games?
Yes. No other store has a problem with properly displaying games without opening them. When I was a kid, Toys R Us had like 1000 games for sale, and kept all the actual games locked in a storage room out front. They had a laminated copy of each game's cover hanging on the wall with a bag of tags to take to the register. Kind of like how Sam's Club handles large items. an entire isle like that on both sides was probably damn close to the size of some Gamestops I've been in. Cheap, simple, and perfectly effective.

bread's done
Back