Ducktales Remastered retail release - $20 PS360/Wii U (PS3 DLC voucher available now, physical releases 11/12)

MetalSlugger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Physical disc version of Ducktales Remastered for PS3/360/Wii U coming Nov. 12: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

PS3 voucher version details below...pretty pointless since the PS3 physical release will have the same cover art.  The only bonus for buying the voucher version is the exclusive DR pin.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/20/limited-boxed-version-of-ducktales-remastered-available-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)
Target website (instore only)

Target stock checker

Capcom online store
TRU item number: 013388991624

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see how some people would want this but they should still sell it as discs if they're going to sell so few of them at all in brick and mortar. The little trinkets they throw in are nice but hardly something to get excited for and a case without an actual game inside just makes me sad.

The best is the lady at TRU tried to sell me the disc protection service they offer for $3 (or whatever it costs) and I kindly informed her that this doesn't come with a disc.... just a piece of paper.

The best is the lady at TRU tried to sell me the disc protection service they offer for $3 (or whatever it costs) and I kindly informed her that this doesn't come with a disc.... just a piece of paper.
Should have paid it, opened the game and then bitch her out for scamming you.

In other news ... is the danger "watching" or "lurking" behind you ... I know the proper lyric is 'watch', but my childhood self clearly remembers it as 'lurks' ... which is such a superior lyric. :razz:

I bought this for $15 on PSN and while it is short(5 levels besides the opening level and the final boss level) it was a fun ride while it lasted. Would I have paid an extra $5 for a case that'll sit empty on my shelf forever and a pin I'd probably never wear? Eh.

But like others have said, if this release included an actual disc version or at least a small artbook or something extra besides the pin, case/artwork and DL voucher then I would've bit on this instead of the PSN release.

Although had I pre-ordered it on PSN with Plus for $11.99 I would've at least received the static theme on there rather than just the game.

By the way, the soundtrack is actually an unlockable in the extras section of the game menus if I remember correctly. Unfortunately you'll probably have to play the game 10x just to unlock all of the artwork and other extras in there.

Last edited:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/20/limited-boxed-version-of-ducktales-remastered-available-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)
Target (instore only)

Capcom online store
TRU item number: 013388991624
I got mine on Tuesday. I figured people would catch on and it would be hard to find.

Would it have been too much trouble to include a full color manual, a nice manual sized artbook and a download voucher for a 320kbps MP3 album of the complete soundtrack to the game???.

I bit on two copies from TRU, thanks. I also picked Portal 2 to complete the 3 for $40 deal. Trading Portal 2 to GS will offset some of the cost.

For $5? Yes. Entitled muthafuckas in here.
Lol!. I don't think two paper booklets cost that much. and MP3's are well, digital data.. vaporware.. so that adds nothing to the physical packaging itself. i don't think $5 is unheard of for a couple extras like this ;). I doubt you'd be having a problem if they actually included this stuff with it! lmao.

They could have never remastered it....
Was this in response to me?. if so than whoa whoa whoa now! lol. i'm not boycotting or damning this game at all. it's one of my favorites from my childhood. all i'm saying is it would have been nice if they could have included a few extra goodies.. that's it!. no figures or life size statues or anything like that.. just a manual, an mini artbook and a soundtrack in digital form so i can listen to the games score on the go. i'm actually shocked people would be against that. either way i'm picking this up.

Was this in response to me?. if so than whoa whoa whoa now! lol. i'm not boycotting or damning this game at all. it's one of my favorites from my childhood. all i'm saying is it would have been nice if they could have included a few extra goodies.. that's it!. no figures or life size statues or anything like that.. just a manual, an mini artbook and a soundtrack in digital form so i can listen to the games score on the go. i'm actually shocked people would be against that. either way i'm picking this up.
Whys that? They could have done infinitely more and they in fact did a far better version, but that isn't here nor there. The fact is that they didn't need to do anything and while something more would have been encouraged... we start to run into an endless debate of this and that.

IMG_2082.jpg

Whys that? They could have done infinitely more and they in fact did a far better version, but that isn't here nor there. The fact is that they didn't need to do anything and while something more would have been encouraged... we start to run into an endless debate of this and that.

IMG_2082.jpg
They would have sold those like hotcakes if they made them available to the general public.

Now see that would have been totally worth it. I've read that there was a limited amount of those made and given to news sites as a promo. Can you image what it would have cost us if they sold that at full retail? The lunchbox looks like it has a sticker on it. I really don't know if I want a NES cart.

IMG_2082.jpg

Just an f.y.i for anyone who's thinking about storing the DuckTales box away without opening it to redeem the codes right away.  The codes do expire.  I had to learn this the hard way when I bought the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 version a few years ago and waited months, because I had a huge backlog and too many things going on in life at the time, before I opened it to use the code.  When I tried to input it, I got an error message that said the code was used or invalid and the code doesn't have an expiration date printed on it.  I contacted Capcom about this and never got a response from them.  Hope this helps someone out.

IMG_2082.jpg
It was more so of the fact that the physical release is pretty much bare bones. honestly it doesn't really matter to me that there's no game disc but i personally love manuals and artbooks and soundtracks (which i'm fine with in digital form). it just would have made this special edition physical release a little more special. that's all i was trying to get across ;).

If you beat the game once, you unlock the option on the main menu options to change the remastered soundtrack to the original 8 bit soundtrack in-game. Though all the remastered soundtracks are good.

IMG_2082.jpg
I drooled a little bit when I saw the one guy on YouTube unbox that press kit version. That's the kind of LE/SE/CE versions that need to come out to be priced at $60-70+, not ones that have all digital download content and very few actual physical items as extras in the box.

I drooled a little bit when I saw the one guy on YouTube unbox that press kit version. That's the kind of LE/SE/CE versions that need to come out to be priced at $60-70+, not ones that have all digital download content and very few actual physical items as extras in the box.
I would be happy if they simply put more time / effort into their CE. I am sick of most CE's including some sort of artbook / OST as the main attraction.

Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aero planes - it's a duck blur
You might solve a mystery or rewrite history

Duck Tales, woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought 1 but capcom doesn't have LE games they all are over produced. people are hoarding these games on ebay to make a $10 profit nothing is numbered so it wont be rare.

i bought 1 but capcom doesn't have LE games they all are over produced. people are hoarding these games on ebay to make a $10 profit nothing is numbered so it wont be rare.
Off the top of my head... Biohazard 6 Anthology was pretty hard to find. Same with Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Picked up the last two copies of this with the B1G1 40% at my local TRU. Thanks OP! I have a feeling these will be non-existent in a month or so.

Finally tracked down a copy at Target.
Had stopped by a couple Gamestops that were s'pose to have it but didn't. Have a feeling they just didn't know what to look for even though I kept telling'em that it was in a PS3 case. At least they were stops along my way.

EDIT: oh and thanks For letting me know this existed

The Capcom blog specifically stated that this physical release will be PS3 only. I wouldn't anticipate a 360 version, especially since MS delayed the game's release because of their summer promo.

Well, the Target where I got it had a 360 version pop up on their handheld scanner thingy. Guy found it while trying to find the PS3 version for me. Maybe a goof, maybe legit; kinda meh until I know it really exists

I just love all this DuckTales hate..first, any gamer in their late 20s, early 30s will always claim this is one of the best NES games evar. Announcement that its getting remade and the entire Internet creams their pants. Game comes out at a high price point and the duck bills don't move when they talk, Internet rage then ensues.. Now they release a collectible case, where you still get the fuck-ing game, and that is equated to treason.
I was happy to buy the game digitally day one (actually pre ordered on PSN), and gladly ran out to buy the retail case as soon as I heard about it on Joystiq yesterday. I will even buy it on the WiiU when it goes on sale for $10 or less. Why? Because I'm a 33 year old gamer who still thinks DuckTales was my favorite game from my youth and happy it got remade as faithfully as possible.
Was planning to get it on the WiiU no matter what. Just hadn't picked up a card yet to load up more credit.
Didn't even know this existed until the thread appeared, but glad it does.

Still gonna get it for the WiiU, just gonna hold off a bit longer.

Woulda been nice if there was more in the box. But then it woulda been nicer if they had released ALL the Capcom/Disney NES games in one big compilation. Whatever, just gonna stick this next to my Megaman9 NES cart ;)

Seems to be sold out at most of the Gamestops around here. Picked up the only copy at the Arrowhead mall. Sure, it's a waste of money but I'm a sucker for box art.

As a fan of Disney pins and an avid trader at the parks... this definitely holds some interest to me.

Surprised I just came across this thread.  Now to check for store inventory in the next few days.  I was at a GS earlier today, but didn't notice anything about this game out there.

Just an f.y.i for anyone who's thinking about storing the DuckTales box away without opening it to redeem the codes right away. The codes do expire. I had to learn this the hard way when I bought the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 version a few years ago and waited months, because I had a huge backlog and too many things going on in life at the time, before I opened it to use the code. When I tried to input it, I got an error message that said the code was used or invalid and the code doesn't have an expiration date printed on it. I contacted Capcom about this and never got a response from them. Hope this helps someone out.
the main reason why this should be a DISC not a code. I hate codes and especially ones that expire, what a scam.

Got to love CAG.

over 50 copies have sold from the Capcom store in the last ~ 2 hours when it had sat dormant for the past few days as I've made it a point to check their inventory.

Oh you guy are going to be rich! :rofl:

Except they're not y-fold sealed so I'm going to buy a bunch, open them, sell the voucher code, and then reseal them and sell that to collector's who would never be the wiser because they will never dare open it!

I was thinking the same thing. "I think it's limited guys so buy buy buy" yet every store has it in stock.

I was thinking the same thing. "I think it's limited guys so buy buy buy" yet every store has it in stock.
"Again, only a limited quantity of these were produced, so I strongly recommend grabbing yours ASAP. Let us know if you post one out in the wild."

That's directly from Chris at Capcom.

Of course, it's in their interest you give them money, but yeah.

Just an f.y.i for anyone who's thinking about storing the DuckTales box away without opening it to redeem the codes right away. The codes do expire. I had to learn this the hard way when I bought the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 version a few years ago and waited months, because I had a huge backlog and too many things going on in life at the time, before I opened it to use the code. When I tried to input it, I got an error message that said the code was used or invalid and the code doesn't have an expiration date printed on it. I contacted Capcom about this and never got a response from them. Hope this helps someone out.
When is the expiration date?

IMG_2082.jpg
If it's anything like what they did for Mega Man 9 Press Kit then the carts were each individually handmade using shells salvaged from existing carts. Doing a wide release of the Ducktails press kit would have been out of the question. When Capcom did eventually make the MM9 kit available for $50 on their site it quickly sold out. I'd guess if you'd include a lunchbox then you're probably looking at a $70+ package. Capcom may also decide to sell this Ducktails collection in limited quantities on their site as well at some point for those that really want something more than an empty case.

When is the expiration date?

That's what I was trying to say. The Marvel vs. Capcom 2 box for PS3 I bought didn't have an expiration date printed anywhere on it. So I'm assuming that this DuckTales box is done the same way. Basically if you buy one of these, open it and use the code the first day you receive it.

bread's done
Back