Ducktales Remastered retail release - $20 PS360/Wii U (PS3 DLC voucher available now, physical releases 11/12)

MetalSlugger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Physical disc version of Ducktales Remastered for PS3/360/Wii U coming Nov. 12: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

PS3 voucher version details below...pretty pointless since the PS3 physical release will have the same cover art.  The only bonus for buying the voucher version is the exclusive DR pin.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/20/limited-boxed-version-of-ducktales-remastered-available-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)
Target website (instore only)

Target stock checker

Capcom online store
TRU item number: 013388991624

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this available at Walmart? Local Gamestop doesn't have any and my town doesn't have a TRU.

However over 10+ Gamestop's one hour away from me have them according to Gamestop so there's still quite a bit out there so it seems.
Yes, this was available at my local Walmart. They had three copies left after I got one.

so they deleted someone's post saying where you can buy this at other stores.. so do they have some sort of sponsorship by gamestop to delete all posts referencing other stores?

my god this site is going down hill, it shouldn't be called cheapassgamer, it should be called sponsoredassgamer

cheapassgamer only if our sponsors allow it

It is sort of sad to see how much the site has changed in the past few months, of course you can't discuss those changes because they will inevitably get deleted before CAGs can form a consensus ...

Ha! I was wondering where people were pulling quotes from, since I didn't even see them on the thread. Funny thing is that there was no reason to delete the posts. I thought the guy listing the 3 things about the pin was helpful and made me hope for a 360 version.

I only cleaned up about 3 posts, maybe another mod is working here, but I have to assume it's because a couple posters here were arguing about the physical aspects of the game, not because about discussion from other retailers. To be clear, I hid a couple posts and edited the thread title because it was an attack to another poster

I remember the old CAG, where you could break bottles over people's heads, bash them with a chair and then all go out for shots after picking up a bunch of games on clearance at Circuit City ...

Oh and it appears all the TRU locations around here got two copies of Ducktales in, although another poster mentioned locations with 4 or 5.

Sigh ... yes, that was sarcasm. My point about the Mickey head backing was that this appears produced to the same quality standards as the official Park pins. It's not a plastic crackerjack box pin or made of cardboard or something. I realize the backing alone holds no value ...
Then couldn't you have just said "It seems to be of the same quality of the park pins"? Though assuming it's the same pin they gave out at E3, I wouldn't really say that is true either.

maRktGB3x_29lEpNAIhirdA.jpg

Most "park" pins are enamel, where as this one looks to be a plastic top / metal bottom one. Not up to the same "quality standards", but certainly better than the plastic ones.

I only cleaned up about 3 posts, maybe another mod is working here, but I have to assume it's because a couple posters here were arguing about the physical aspects of the game, not because about discussion from other retailers. To be clear, I hid a couple posts and edited the thread title because it was an attack to another poster
Its not an attack when its true that he is dumb

The Capcom blog specifically stated that this physical release will be PS3 only. I wouldn't anticipate a 360 version, especially since MS delayed the game's release because of their summer promo.

I'm so on the fence about this.  On the one side, it's physical and on the other, it's not physical lol.  I played the shit out of Ducktales on NES and pretty much all the Disney licensed games.  IDK if I even want to get this game but the prospect of it being rare has me interested.

Hm... I kinda want this and $5 more isn't too bad, but I wish they would have included something nicer, like an artbook or maybe even a manual printed in the manner of the original release. 

Oh console people. ;)

I have the PC version on Steam which yes, did not come with a disc *gasp*.

Anyway, it's really well done. They took everything that was great about the old version, didn't change it too much but modernized the visuals and I think it worked out really well.

Of course I am talking about the PC version but it also just came out and I'm pretty sure the PS3 is more or less the same thing just ported to a different system.

So if there is no disc, essentially if you are paying jacked up prices on ebay you are paying for a case?

Is there an expiration on the code?
No expiration date for the code listed on the retail copy.

I picked it up last Tuesday at Gamestop. Worker there told me they only had Download codes, no disc. I told her several times that I understood and got a retail copy. I do wish Capcom would have just put the game on a disc. I don't care about the pin that much, but I like having a case. Maybe in the future when it's possible, I'll stick a burned blu-ray copy in the case.

Again with no added content other than box art and a "pin", it doesn't justify the extra price or the time to waste to hunt down a copy of the game.  They should have made it similar to Halo Remastered/Monkey Island HD where you press a button and it switches between the nes classic graphics and remastered.  Who agrees there should be extra content like making of, interviews, promo art and so on?  How big is this game anyways?  I doubt it takes up an entire blu ray disc.

I just love all this DuckTales hate..first, any gamer in their late 20s, early 30s will always claim this is one of the best NES games evar. Announcement that its getting remade and the entire Internet creams their pants. Game comes out at a high price point and the duck bills don't move when they talk, Internet rage then ensues.. Now they release a collectible case, where you still get the fuck-ing game, and that is equated to treason.

I was happy to buy the game digitally day one (actually pre ordered on PSN), and gladly ran out to buy the retail case as soon as I heard about it on Joystiq yesterday. I will even buy it on the WiiU when it goes on sale for $10 or less. Why? Because I'm a 33 year old gamer who still thinks DuckTales was my favorite game from my youth and happy it got remade as faithfully as possible.

Again with no added content other than box art and a "pin", it doesn't justify the extra price or the time to waste to hunt down a copy of the game. They should have made it similar to Halo Remastered/Monkey Island HD where you press a button and it switches between the nes classic graphics and remastered. Who agrees there should be extra content like making of, interviews, promo art and so on? How big is this game anyways? I doubt it takes up an entire blu ray disc.
Agreed. xxxMB out of 25GB, haha.

Again with no added content other than box art and a "pin", it doesn't justify the extra price or the time to waste to hunt down a copy of the game. They should have made it similar to Halo Remastered/Monkey Island HD where you press a button and it switches between the nes classic graphics and remastered. Who agrees there should be extra content like making of, interviews, promo art and so on? How big is this game anyways? I doubt it takes up an entire blu ray disc.
625mb IIRC

Switching back to the original game wouldn't be possible since they added to/changed the level design in spots. I do agree that it should've been included in some form though.

625mb IIRC

Switching back to the original game wouldn't be possible since they added to/changed the level design in spots. I do agree that it should've been included in some form though.
Spelunker HD is a completely different game than the original NES version, but they were STILL awesome enough to make everything look like the NES version (even plenty of things that weren't in the NES version). Even had 8 bit music. Such an awesome game... shame no one bought it. =[

Very interesting about a retail release on PS3 which includes only a download code (no physical disc).  I feel the same way as many other CAGs that physical discs are always preferable to download vouchers.  They are in many ways a permanent "copy" of the game, whereas the download voucher is just a one-time use code that may not even work in 5-10 years.

An interesting comparison:  Terraria (fantastic game) was given a "limited edition" retail release on both PS3 and 360.  Each version came with a poster, some character cards, and a USB flash drive, all in a retail box.  Each version also had a PS3 or 360 game case with front and back covers typical of any retail release.

The PS3 version has a PSN download voucher for the game, the 360 version has a physical disc.  I bought the 360 version because I love the game (have it on all platforms) and wanted to support the devs, and get a physical copy.  I passed on the PS3 version because it was only a voucher code, no physical disc.

I do support these digital releases at retail, but only when you actually get the physical game with it.  Otherwise, its a waste.

Less than 1gb??!?!?!?  Damn!!! From what I have seen from the game play video I was expecting a few GB's ..maybe 5gb but I guess they cut out a LOT by not adding additional frames of animation for talking or fully rendered cutscenes.  Still would it have been a problem if they gave us an emu/rom of the original game?

an MP3 of the sountrack would have been nice as well.

Logic doesn't matter when people have OCD. Some people will have to have it, just because their brain won't let them not want to.

jeez, these are like $45 at amazon right now.  That's relatively expensive for a pin, ps3 disc case and a downloadable voucher.

It's funny because the people who spend any money on the digital version will never recoup a cent, whereas people purchasing this version have at least the potential to make their money back in the future. Sure, it may end up being worthless ... but what if it's not? I already feel like I got a good deal with TRU's buy one, get one 40% off ... if I can sell one copy, that covers my personal copy plus any profit above $11.

Got to love CAG.

over 50 copies have sold from the Capcom store in the last ~ 2 hours when it had sat dormant for the past few days as I've made it a point to check their inventory.

Oh you guy are going to be rich!  :rofl:

Except they're not y-fold sealed so I'm going to buy a bunch, open them, sell the voucher code, and then reseal them and sell that to collector's who would never be the wiser because they will never dare open it!

Got to love CAG.

over 50 copies have sold from the Capcom store in the last ~ 2 hours when it had sat dormant for the past few days as I've made it a point to check their inventory.

Oh you guy are going to be rich! :rofl:

Except they're not y-fold sealed so I'm going to buy a bunch, open them, sell the voucher code, and then reseal them and sell that to collector's who would never be the wiser because they will never dare open it!
Says the guy monitoring inventory at the Capcom Store ... ;)

Says the guy monitoring inventory at the Capcom Store ... ;)

To be honest I didn't know it was sold at physical retail stores. I saw the Capcom store tweet and have been keeping an eye on this game and the RE watches.

This sat at ~ 190 for since it was added about 1-2 weeks ago. I figured if it dropped below 50 I'd make a purchase. Today it started with still a little over 190 and is now down to 137.

But I got two at TRU for a few dollars more then it would have cost to buy one and pay for shipping from Capcom (Digital River) so win win.

So... just like the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 thing, this is pretty much useless, right?

I tried finding it at my local GameStop only to be told that they sold out in a 50 mile radius.

Got to love CAG.

Oh you guy are going to be rich! :rofl:

Really? Monitoring the Capcom store? Someone needs to find something to do on a Saturday.

Really? Monitoring the Capcom store? Someone needs to find something to do on a Saturday.
Let's see.

Add 1 unit to the cart at the start of the day. Increase quantity to 9999 and receive an error that states:

We're sorry but there is not enough quantity in stock to complete this order. We have 19x available. Please update your quantity.

Come back hours later, add 9999 to the cart and receive a message that states:

We're sorry but there is not enough quantity in stock to complete this order. We have 13x available. Please update your quantity.

Do simple math in your head (or use a calculator if you lack skills like the poster above me) and learn that over 50 sold today.

Yep. Wiped me whole Saturday out. :roll:

GBAstar, everyone is just pissed they didn't get one and they will most likely be gone from everywhere Monday morning..

bread's done
Back