Eb-$10 Games!Harvest Moon/Star Trek Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Sigh, this is gonna make me go to EB on a daily basis....

EVERYDAY THEIR MORNING UPDATES WILL DROP A GAME TO $10!!!!

Usually this price drop will last for 1 day...USED Will be reduced to $4.89 on most cases...

THE LIST SO FAR:

$20
Sonic Rush ADV 2 (DS)

$15
Nervous Brickdown[DS}

$10
Resident Evil: UC (wii)
NHL 2K8 (360)
Blacksite (PS3)
Guitar Hero (360)
Guitar Hero 3 (game only) (Ps2)
Rock Band (Ps2)
Manhunt 2 (wii)
Timeshift [PS3/360] :cry:
TC New Blood [Wii] :D
Touch the dead[DS] -> :) (could be $15)
Legend of the dragoon[Wii] :D
Alien Syndrom[Wii] :D
SC: legend[Wii] :D
Blacksite area 51[PS3/360] :cry:
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption[Wii]:cry:
Battalion Wars 2[Wii] :D
Chibi robo[DS] :D
Virtua fighter 5 online [360] :cry: (I'm not sure about the PS3 version)
Motor Storm[PS3] :D
Sonic Rider [Wii] :D
Sonic Secret Rings[Wii] :D
Fantastic 4 :D (I've only seen used copies at $4.89, suggesting its still available)
UNcharted [PS3] :roll: YMMV (most likely not available)
Conan [PS3] :D
Hellgate (Collector's edition) [PC] :D
$5
DQ Joker :D
Jam session :D
Master of Illusions[DS] -> :) $10

Well it seems FS is full of it when it comes to pm. Regardless I'll try BB first then FS after, and just threaten to call headoffice and file a complaint if I don't get what I want

If uncharted was 10$ it would be at all the stores. There is no special deals between stores. I would love to see a receipt for a 10$ uncharted.

[quote name='gamoe']Well it seems FS is full of it when it comes to pm. Regardless I'll try BB first then FS after, and just threaten to call headoffice and file a complaint if I don't get what I want[/quote]

i think we all should do something about it, just cause we are not going to pay full price, they dont have to treat us with no dignity.

[quote name='Lockescythe']Gamer 602 needs to update this.

I'm half tempted to make a new topic on this since he never updates/has wrong prices/isn't sorted by system.[/quote]
Here is what I know for sure
:D -> Still available
:cry: -> Back to original price
Excluded games I have no idea about

$10
Timeshift [PS3/360] :cry:
Trauma Center New Blood [Wii] :D
Touch the Dead[DS] -> :) (could be $15)
Legend of the Dragon[Wii] :D
Alien Syndrome[Wii] :D
Soul Calibur: Legends[Wii] :D
Blacksite area 51[PS3/360] :cry:
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption[Wii]:cry:
Battalion Wars 2[Wii] :D
Chibi robo[DS] :D
Virtua fighter 5 online [360] :cry: (I'm not sure about the PS3 version)
Motor Storm[PS3] :D
Sonic Rider [Wii] :D
Sonic Secret Rings[Wii] :D
Fantastic 4 :D (I've only seen used copies at $4.89, suggesting its still available)
Drake' Uncharted [PS3] :roll: YMMV (most likely not available)
Conan [PS3] :D
Hellgate (Collector's edition) [PC] :D
$5
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker :D
Jam Sessions :D
Master of Illusions[DS] -> :) $10

[quote name='Ranzo']If uncharted was 10$ it would be at all the stores. There is no special deals between stores. I would love to see a receipt for a 10$ uncharted.[/quote]
I was sooo close. If that copy wasn't 'defective', or if he gave me a raincheck I would have the proof that it was available for $10. But certain incidents make me think this is Mondays deal, which is why I'm going as soon as they open.

I'm going to add to the confusion :)

I went to the EB at Mavis/Britannia and they had Motorstorm for $19.99 (yellow sticker) and I thought WTF. Right next to it was PS3 Splinter Cell: Double Agent for $9.99 (yellow sticker too). Anyone else see this, or was that exclusive to this location?

That's what I was thinking too Sousanator, that maybe some stores jumped the gun, and tomorrow Uncharted will be $10. I sure hope so anyways, I'd love to get it for that price!

Also, thanks for revising the list with current info.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'm going to add to the confusion :)

I went to the EB at Mavis/Britannia and they had Motorstorm for $19.99 (yellow sticker) and I thought WTF. Right next to it was PS3 Splinter Cell: Double Agent for $9.99 (yellow sticker too). Anyone else see this, or was that exclusive to this location?[/quote]

I think that's the usual price on DA, I picked it up used at EB a month ago or so for that price.

My EB had two used copies of Uncharted both priced $49.99.

[quote name='JnJosh']
Also, on note of the futureshop pm'ing, whenever i pm stuff i go up to the nicest looking girl at cash, show her my reciept/flyer/proof (dont ask them to call, its just a waste of time). I've never once had to deal with a manager, and the girl just simply says "i can give it to you for (their price + 10% diff) is that okay?" if you're getting asked for your drivers license, leave the store, you shouldn't be inquried like a criminal to get a price match.[/quote]

Bingo, good looking young girls seem universal at being good to pm with. Its the heavy ones that tend to be a pain.

If they don't follow the policy make sure to fire off a complaint.

I think I may just record the altercation with my blackberry and threaten to send it to cp24 or any other news place or maybe head office. That'll probably shut them up

[quote name='zoro69']Bingo, good looking young girls seem universal at being good to pm with. Its the heavy ones that tend to be a pain.[/QUOTE]

yes, someone else confirms my theory.

[quote name='Sousanator']Here is what I know for sure
:D -> Still available
:cry: -> Back to original price
Excluded games I have no idea about

$10
Legend of the dragoon[Wii] :D
[/quote]

Legend of the Dragoon was a PSOne game, perhaps you mean Legend of the Dragon?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Legend of the Dragoon was a PSOne game, perhaps you mean Legend of the Dragon?[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing

[quote name='game_fanatic']Legend of the Dragoon was a PSOne game, perhaps you mean Legend of the Dragon?[/quote]
I just copied and pasted from the first post and I guess I missed that.
fixed now

[quote name='Roushrsh']I was thinking the same thing[/quote]

... The same thing?

Wait who let this guy in? I thought this was Cheap Ass Gamer, not Red Flag Deals.

I'd cry blasphemy but it's 11:35pm now.

[quote name='zoro69']Bingo, good looking young girls seem universal at being good to pm with. Its the heavy ones that tend to be a pain.

If they don't follow the policy make sure to fire off a complaint.[/quote]

Double posting, but it seems all the people complaining about PM-ing are May 2008-ers, RFD flood? Damn, I was starting to find a home here too.

And I had absolutely no problem PM-ing in BBs and FS', I had to trek around to find the games I wanted but wasn't a problem. Are you sure you guys didn't want to buy like 20 games at once?

[quote name='kathos']... The same thing?

Wait who let this guy in? I thought this was Cheap Ass Gamer, not Red Flag Deals.

I'd cry blasphemy but it's 11:35pm now.[/quote]

Are you referring to myself or the previous poster?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Are you referring to myself or the previous poster?[/quote]

The Rourshrshrhr guy up there.

[quote name='kathos']The Rourshrshrhr guy up there.[/quote]

Oh, ok, *phew.* Although I am on RFD, I hope to contribute to CAG in the future; much better community, no question.

By the by, I purchased Motorstorm new at the EB in Centrepoint Mall yesterday, the gentleman I spoke too sounded as if a handful of copies were available, might be a good place to check tomorrow if it's in your area.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Oh, ok, *phew.* Although I am on RFD, I hope to contribute to CAG in the future; much better community, no question.
... [/quote]

This is a good community, I kinda want to keep it that way and I'm sure some of the other CAGers will agree that having the shitstorm there is in RDF here would likely ruin it; having "WHATS THE VALUE OF THIS" or "lulz totally made 10$ profit on that scamming fs lol" or even "the power is back in the consumer's hands!!!!! horrah for us!!!!" (this is the one I hate the most, people who feel like they're owed something) is not something I want to see this nice little burg infested with.

It's like a small town, it's super nice until the jobless scammers and hoarders come rushing in. But I'm pretty sure they're all just lurking away, reading all our posts hoping the little cash they get in buying cheap and... selling cheap makes them a profit to pay the month's rent.

[quote name='jeffx']yes, someone else confirms my theory.[/quote]

i thought so too, but as soon as they see the price different they freak out, i think is mostly cause they dont wanna get in trouble. is a good theory, but i dont think it works all the time.

[quote name='kathos']This is a good community, I kinda want to keep it that way and I'm sure some of the other CAGers will agree that having the shitstorm there is in RDF here would likely ruin it; having "WHATS THE VALUE OF THIS" or "lulz totally made 10$ profit on that scamming fs lol" or even "the power is back in the consumer's hands!!!!! horrah for us!!!!" (this is the one I hate the most, people who feel like they're owed something) is not something I want to see this nice little burg infested with.

It's like a small town, it's super nice until the jobless scammers and hoarders come rushing in. But I'm pretty sure they're all just lurking away, reading all our posts hoping the little cash they get in buying cheap and... selling cheap makes them a profit to pay the month's rent.[/quote]

somehow you feel you have the right to judge others, you are just a simple man, you are not GOD buddy, you need to wake up.

[quote name='kathos']... The same thing?

I'd cry blasphemy but it's 11:35pm now.[/quote]
...I was just supporting your thought by agreeing with you, if that pisses you off than my bad:whistle2:s

I don't PM all the time, but whenever I do at FS/BB, I always get it. The only times I don't succeed are when I know there's a loophole and hope they don't find it. Unlucky for me, they do.

For instance, I tried PM'ing something from Amazon.ca. They checked online, and charged me next-day shipping ($11). That's fair, so I walked out empty-handed.

Another time I tried to PM an NCIX price error with a printout. They checked online, found it OOS, and denied me. That's fair: no stock, no PM.

Remember the Zellers 2/40 deal last year (Wii games for $20?) I tried to PM that with the flyer. They checked online, found the correction, and denied it.

Despite all that though, I've had no complaints with FS/BB: I just wish they'd be a little faster with checking online and a little less thorough. :D

[quote name='kathos']Double posting, but it seems all the people complaining about PM-ing are May 2008-ers, RFD flood? Damn, I was starting to find a home here too.

And I had absolutely no problem PM-ing in BBs and FS', I had to trek around to find the games I wanted but wasn't a problem. Are you sure you guys didn't want to buy like 20 games at once?[/quote]

I had master of Illusions and Motorstorm at the best buy sherway.

They tried to give me about 5 different reasons too.

1.Its not on their website so we have no proof(asked politely if they would call)
2. We only pricematch with the closest EB. (Bull, I've used fairview mall as my pricematch EB at the downtown BB in the past because I knew Eaton's Centre would not have it in stock)Asked if they could bring me the pricematching policy in full so I could see that part. He never brought this up again.

At this point he seemed like he was almost going to do it. Until he scanned Motorstorm saw it was 59.99 and ran to electronics and got another guy. He was like frantically trying to find a way out.

This guy who I won't name. Comes up all condescending. Basuically yelling out WE VALUE YOUR SERVICE AND LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU. Comes back and basically goes to the giant pricematch sign and tries to find ways to squash it.

3. Time Limited (no actual proof of such since EB did not say how long Motorstorm is 9.89)

4. Quantity Limited(again no proof since I believe EB is selling ALL their new and used Motorstorm at 9.89)

At this point the guy got nearly hysterical and started to point at the sign thinking he had me going UNADVERTISED UNADVERTISED!
I calmly reply that everytime you call EB they advertise their sale, that when you call and ask how much Motorstorm is they give you the price and so forth.

5. Then hes like Head Office told us not to pricematch EB game days deals. That we werent allowed to. I told him that the downtown Best Buy had allowed me to pricematch earlier in the week(I pmed Battallion wars there because I didn't wanna buy it for 9 because I didn't know if I'd like it)He replies THEN GO THERE. I am suprised I didn't start outright laughing at how seriously this guy took this. I was just standing there quite appaled. So finally he gives me the WE VALUE YOUR SERVICE AND LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU. And heads away for a minute.

6. Comes back says he refuses to pricematch Motorstorm for no reason. But he would be willing to pricematch Master Of Illusions. I told him I would be contacting head office. He said okay. Asked what the number to head office was he hands over the customer service pamphlet and I head to the phone and call.

The person on the phone was very polite, filed the complaint and said that the sales clerk should not have been so rude to me. To expect a phone call between 1 and 2 days.

If I had 8 copies of Motorstorm or even like 3 games I would understand being treated like this. I barely even pricematch.

Another time in the past I pricematched at this same location (Veronica mars season 3 49.99 BB 29.99 FS) They tried to say they wouldn't give the 10% because FS and BB were the same company.I replied thats untrue. They said ok and did the 10%.

The worst thing is in the past 6 months I've spent about 600$ at Best Buy stores 2000 if you count future shop. (New washing machine and tv among other things)It was shameful how the second guy acted and I'm still annoyed.

I've got a question, since we're on the topic of price matching policies and junk. Would any of us really be offended if the price matching policy had the caveat that the PM'd price wouldn't reflect a discount of more than 50%, or some other number? Honestly, I would be much more appreciative of an upfront PM policy that is subpar than getting the runaround.

I personally don't do a lot of PMing, but from having talked to employees at stores that do it, I've heard that employees that pricematch for crazy low pices (e.g. these $10 deals) get disciplined by their bosses. It's ridiculous. Surely they must lose more customers through these unfortunate interactions than they gain through having an overly liberal pricematching policy.

So would you say an upfront PM policy would be better for customers and salespeople? (No one gives a shit about management, obviously)

I'd be fine if they were honest upfront. I wish they would scrap the pricematching policy alltogether.

Unless its a 5$ difference they start getting weird when I pricematch.

[quote name='kathos']Double posting, but it seems all the people complaining about PM-ing are May 2008-ers, RFD flood? Damn, I was starting to find a home here too.

And I had absolutely no problem PM-ing in BBs and FS', I had to trek around to find the games I wanted but wasn't a problem. Are you sure you guys didn't want to buy like 20 games at once?[/quote]

*Sigh* I end up finding an awesome community with some very helpful people answering some of my questions towards PM'ing and I get insulted by being indirectly called a hoarder. I guess gotta get used to the arrogant jerks.

Anyways what I originally wanted to post was how awesome this all is I joined out of pure coincidence and ended already with a couple of awesome deals. Now I'm just excited to see what Mondays deal is gonna be and am hoping twilight princess goes up for $10

[quote name='Lockescythe']I'd be fine if they were honest upfront. I wish they would scrap the pricematching policy alltogether.

Unless its a 5$ difference they start getting weird when I pricematch.[/quote]

Locke, go to FS! Screw Sherway BB :D.

[quote name='Roushrsh']...I was just supporting your thought by agreeing with you, if that pisses you off than my bad:whistle2:s[/quote]

I should've added a dun dun dun for the sarcasm =\.

Does anyone agree that we should start a thread dedicated to listing bb/fs that make it impossible to PM, for all regions?

Hmm, that might be hard since we'd be unfairly classifying stores as a "does not PM" because a few people hoarded and didn't get it but aren't telling us but still saying "XXXX doesn't PM EVER".

And the number of people working on rotation in the entertainment department is pretty big in most stores so one time you'd have a really great guy who'd honor the policy and be as fair as possible and the next you'd have some really crappy guy spouting off some crap you really don't need to hear about policy or whatever.

Too many variables for it, and there's a lot of FS/BBs in Canada, and if one guy having a bad experience in one FS (let's say) would get people to avoid that place, since no one here's willing to waste time dipping their toes to test the waters.

But just throwing it out there; the FS at Yonge/Eglinton in Toronto will PM almost anything, they're mostly just rich kids filling time so they don't care what's what. :D

The FS at Queensway will PM but only if you're not hoarding carrying a dozen Battalion Wars.

Remember guys, the PM policy has an ultimate loophole that any associate worth his salt knows and they have the right to refuse to sell to you more than one copy of a game, as ridiculous as that sounds.

[quote name='Lockescythe']I had master of Illusions and Motorstorm at the best buy sherway.

They tried to give me about 5 different reasons too.

1.Its not on their website so we have no proof(asked politely if they would call)
2. We only pricematch with the closest EB. (Bull, I've used fairview mall as my pricematch EB at the downtown BB in the past because I knew Eaton's Centre would not have it in stock)Asked if they could bring me the pricematching policy in full so I could see that part. He never brought this up again.

At this point he seemed like he was almost going to do it. Until he scanned Motorstorm saw it was 59.99 and ran to electronics and got another guy. He was like frantically trying to find a way out.

This guy who I won't name. Comes up all condescending. Basuically yelling out WE VALUE YOUR SERVICE AND LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU. Comes back and basically goes to the giant pricematch sign and tries to find ways to squash it.

3. Time Limited (no actual proof of such since EB did not say how long Motorstorm is 9.89)

4. Quantity Limited(again no proof since I believe EB is selling ALL their new and used Motorstorm at 9.89)

At this point the guy got nearly hysterical and started to point at the sign thinking he had me going UNADVERTISED UNADVERTISED!
I calmly reply that everytime you call EB they advertise their sale, that when you call and ask how much Motorstorm is they give you the price and so forth.

5. Then hes like Head Office told us not to pricematch EB game days deals. That we werent allowed to. I told him that the downtown Best Buy had allowed me to pricematch earlier in the week(I pmed Battallion wars there because I didn't wanna buy it for 9 because I didn't know if I'd like it)He replies THEN GO THERE. I am suprised I didn't start outright laughing at how seriously this guy took this. I was just standing there quite appaled. So finally he gives me the WE VALUE YOUR SERVICE AND LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU. And heads away for a minute.

6. Comes back says he refuses to pricematch Motorstorm for no reason. But he would be willing to pricematch Master Of Illusions. I told him I would be contacting head office. He said okay. Asked what the number to head office was he hands over the customer service pamphlet and I head to the phone and call.

The person on the phone was very polite, filed the complaint and said that the sales clerk should not have been so rude to me. To expect a phone call between 1 and 2 days.

If I had 8 copies of Motorstorm or even like 3 games I would understand being treated like this. I barely even pricematch.

Another time in the past I pricematched at this same location (Veronica mars season 3 49.99 BB 29.99 FS) They tried to say they wouldn't give the 10% because FS and BB were the same company.I replied thats untrue. They said ok and did the 10%.

The worst thing is in the past 6 months I've spent about 600$ at Best Buy stores 2000 if you count future shop. (New washing machine and tv among other things)It was shameful how the second guy acted and I'm still annoyed.[/quote]

I feel you bro, i had it worse when i tried to pm. they keep acting like the store belongs to them, is all about money man.

[quote name='Lockescythe']And I know that if I had sent my sister to do the pricematch they would've done it no questions. Or even my dad.[/quote]

nowadays these bastards dont respect anybody, they only respect money

[quote name='gamoe']Does anyone agree that we should start a thread dedicated to listing bb/fs that make it impossible to PM, for all regions?[/quote]

should have been done, along time ago.

[quote name='RCCP1977']I feel you bro, i had it worse when i tried to pm. they keep acting like the store belongs to them, is all about money man.[/quote]

Euh, entertainment associates in both BB and FS don't make commission whatsoever. So it really isn't all about the money.

And if you feel strongly about where you work, you treat it like it does belong to you =\.

[quote name='ProfNut']Since when CAG turned into RFD and we have thousands of replies about PM exploits???

*sigh*[/quote]

Thank god I'm not the only one noticing.

The thread suddenly turned to talk about PMing, there seems to be a lot of confusion over PMing, I'm just clearing up the air. =\

[quote name='ProfNut']Since when CAG turned into RFD and we have thousands of replies about PM exploits???

*sigh*[/quote]

:roll: Get over yourself, people are simply getting out the word of what's going on out there. Not everyone has the chance to run to EB when the deal gets out and it's long sold out.

And it's been a day at the most of replies, 30 replies is not "thousands".

Its mostly because nothing new is up yet.

Plus I saw RFD bitching out someone who was abusing the deal in the Tc new blood thread.

A rare sight indeed.

This sale has generally been well behaved by all gamers of the country. If you go to eb you can still grab almost any game new on sale still. RFD nor anywhere else have grabbed them all up for resale.

I was able to go 5 mins before closing at EB and get myself a brand new MP3. a game I figured would be hoarded to death by then.

There's a stigma attached to RFD and there seems to be a fair amount of users going against the backlash. People who openly spout how they grabbed 20-30 of a game are now vilified rather then applauded for their actions.

Of course this doesn't always happen but I'd like to think most users on CAG understand that if you do horde, you don't boast about it and the trend seems to be applying on other sites now as well.

However there really needs to be a drop in this whole "CAG is better then RFD" attitude that's going around here, we aren't better then RFD and RFD isn't better then us, the whole purpose of these sites is to announce good deals for hardworking people that deserve a break once in awhile.

If someone wants to comment on a PM they attempted, it's their business. People have no right to whine and complain about how they attempted to actually get a deal that would normally be out of reach.

It's funny we complain about RFD here alot but I can guarantee a number of users here openly grab as many copies of the sales as they can, they are just smart enough not to post it.

Well even here we hear about people grabbing the last of good games at 2 for 40 not for themselves or others but for goozex. Which is almost the same as reselling them.

Yeah I think the 2/40 deals here are much more obvious then any other site I've seen. We have two users (who know who they are) who openly post about all the games they grab and they don't care (and shouldn't) about what others think. These deals are open and meant for anyone, it's up to the customer to decide if they want to leave games behind for others.

Doesn't seem like theres any new things on sale today. But I'll check with a couple of EBs anyway.

Motorstorm is still 10$ didn't check on the rest. Oh and Uncharted is STILL not 10$.

Yep no deals today, doesn't look like they'll be having any for awhile from the looks of it. Likely trying to clear out surplus inventory of FF:ROTS, NHL2K7 among others. TC is still 10$, WWE 08 is 10 for PS3 only and Motorstorm is still available in excess of used copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back