Ant Bully
Rampage
Ice Age 2
Happy Feet
Open Season
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Free game must equal 49.99 less in value. Expires 7th August 2007

In classic fashion they elimate any way possible in which this deal may be profitable, but its not that bad I guess if you have som older junk that doesnt trade in for as much anymore

Trade 2 PS3 games get one free

Exclusions are
2007 and older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Offer good on games 59.99 or less. Expires 7th August 2007.

Again not great but if you hav some old crap then why not?

[quote name='H-Town Info']is tmmt not on the exclusion list? I can buy a copy of MtR and TMNT to trade for a pre-order of Super Mario Galaxy[/quote] Neither one is, AFAIK, unless they updated things today.

[quote name='io']Well, this is what happened with Far Cry and Open Season last time. The difference is those were actually $19.99 in store at the time. Avatar is still $29.99 now so not so obvious as a flipper (from Eb to EB that is). But yeah, it adds even more YMMV to an already frustratingly YMMV deal ;).

Fortunately for me, all I could find the other day was MtR so I can pair that with TMNT for another preorder or two (hopefully). I'm going to try again today.

Does anyone know if they've added preorders for Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy, and SSBB now that they all have street dates? I'll find out in a few hours in any case, but if anyone goes before that it would be nice to do some planning ;).[/quote]Yeah, that aspect of it is having me think hard about going through with it, so I don't get stuck with multiple copies of Avatar. I'm thinking about doing it on Saturday, and leaving them all sealed, so if I get there and they tell me that Avatar isn't an option, I won't be stuck with them. If they bitch about them being sealed, I can always wave my reciepts in their face about me actually buying them, instead of trying to pass stolen merchandise. :roll:

One thing I did do is talk to the store manager for the EB I normally go to, and I think he was OK on both doing pre-orders as well as multiples. I may have to find out when he's working and plan accordingly.

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']Official update

In-store fliers confirm Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Chicken Shoot, Avatar and Resident Evil 4 are on the excluded list.

I checked some in-store games and DBZ BT2 and Avatar are now 24.99 used.

SSBB and SMG are not up yet for preorders. Dunno about FE[/quote]
Well, that tears it. If they put Avatar up on the exclusion list, then it's not worth screwing around with any longer.

Whew. I did my last trade in today, but apparently the signage wasn't updated for including Avatar today.

Oh, well. I would have just lived with Avatar if they hadn't taken it.

3 Wii games paid for at the moment. Now I just have to decide if I want to flip one of those into a version of Rock Band with the drum set... hmm....

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']Official update

In-store fliers confirm Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Chicken Shoot, Avatar and Resident Evil 4 are on the excluded list.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, so it looks like they reprinted the fliers that they were putting in the stores just last weekend. When I was in then they had new signage and fliers to go out and Avatar wasn't listed in the exclusions. Now they have officially added that and, I guess, tossed all the last new fliers :lol:.

Shrike - if your EB manager is cool with the multiples then you could just use 2 MtR for one preorder, right? I never tried that, but theoretically it should be OK as they allow 2 per day. I just never wanted to draw attention to myself for that, though if that manager is cool with it you should just go for it. But yeah, looks like you'll have to return those Avatars anyway.

[quote name='io']Shrike - if your EB manager is cool with the multiples then you could just use 2 MtR for one preorder, right? I never tried that, but theoretically it should be OK as they allow 2 per day. I just never wanted to draw attention to myself for that, though if that manager is cool with it you should just go for it. But yeah, looks like you'll have to return those Avatars anyway.[/quote]As I have an odd number of MtR's, then that makes it only one pre-order I could pull off, two if I use one of the new TMNT's I picked up from GC. No used one to be found, and the only one that's vaguely close to home or work (damn them for closing the one close to home :bomb: ) only had two new copies.

I may see if he's working this evening and try to pull it off tonight with the copies of Avatar + MtR + TMNT I have on-hand. Otherwise, I might just do the MtR (x2) or MtR (x3) + TMNT trades.

There's of course the temptation to just say fuck it and not deal with the potential headache.

For what it is worth -

I have traded 2 of the same wii game with no issue, but have been told 2 is the max by management.

and I always take them in sealed just in case ...

I plan on turning one of the preorders into a Rock Band purchase...

oh and last night while at GS, I asked the store manager about the recently pennied Shadow Hearts guide, he had one of these and Naruto (both of which I accepted with thanks). I then asked him, his impression of the recent PS3 drop ... he will be waiting for a $399 price point expected Nov./Dec., while it would probably be emotionless ;), yet another perceived drop...and the timing makes sense...

[quote name='shrike4242']

I may see if he's working this evening and try to pull it off tonight with the copies of Avatar + MtR + TMNT I have on-hand. Otherwise, I might just do the MtR (x2) or MtR (x3) + TMNT trades.

There's of course the temptation to just say fuck it and not deal with the potential headache.[/QUOTE]

I've been to 4 or 5 Gamecrazys and haven't seen a used TMNT yet. It would be nice, but new ones are OK too (better than the CC games, for me, actually in terms of real expense).

But I would definitely say it is worth a shot - you shouldn't have any problem with TMNT and MtR tonight (I'll be doing the same), especially if you have a cool manager and can take them in sealed. Because of this deal I pretty much have all the big Wii releases for the rest of the year paid off. I plan on doing a few more and those will probably get bumped up to next year's releases in a few months. I'm just trying to figure out what else to use as a placeholder preorder. Hopefully they have Fire Emblem now as I actually want that (but only via this deal - not paying $50 for it!). Sounds like no SSBB or Mario Galaxy yet, so I guess that means more Mario & Sonic or NiGHTS :lol:.

[quote name='donut']Went into GS last eve with my last wii avatar/MTR pair.
Manager handled the transaction and preordered High School Musical ($59.99)
[/QUOTE]

Am I to understand that they gave you $59.99 for the 2 games, then? And aren't you the one who also got Boogie preordered with the deal? I guess I could give it a shot with Boogie - but it seems the clerks I deal with are always well aware of the $50 limit. It really shouldn't work with $59.99 games ;).

I took in two copies of Avatar - both still sealed. Guy behind then counter said no problem... so i asked for Wii Play. He took the wrapping off the games, then the manager walked over and said, Oh we aren't accepting Avatar for that anymore.

I kind of threw a fit because he opened them and I couldn't return them, and since it was the employee's mistake they went ahead and took them. Looks like Avatar deal is officially coming to a close :( Too bad, the circuit city I was at still had 4 copies...

[quote name='linkycat']I took in two copies of Avatar - both still sealed. Guy behind then counter said no problem... so i asked for Wii Play. He took the wrapping off the games, then the manager walked over and said, Oh we aren't accepting Avatar for that anymore.

I kind of threw a fit because he opened them and I couldn't return them, and since it was the employee's mistake they went ahead and took them. Looks like Avatar deal is officially coming to a close :( Too bad, the circuit city I was at still had 4 copies...[/quote]I think that's about all the proof I need that it's not worth the hassle, since I'm not going to be able to make it out to any EB until Saturday. By then, I think the deal will be dead dead.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think that's about all the proof I need that it's not worth the hassle, since I'm not going to be able to make it out to any EB until Saturday. By then, I think the deal will be dead dead.[/QUOTE]

No, don't be so pessimistic - get yourself a cheap Metroid (or whatever) preorder (after the E3 clips Metroid is my most anticipated game the next few months by far). The deal runs till the 29th. Avatar might be out, but MtR and TMNT should be good for another few days. I see no reason for them not to be good till the end, actually. Avatar wasn't excluded because it was cheap at CC or overexpolited - just simply because it became a $29.99 game to EB/GS (like RE4 which was excluded upon release). If, for some reason, EB drops the retail on the others we'll know quickly enough before they get excluded. It's not likely to happen by Saturday in any case.

Well I had decent luck today, 3 out of 5 MtR/Avatars worked. And 2 out of those 3 did preorders so I ended up with heatseeker (which I might take back anyway, got the gutted copy, didn't care, then noticed that they put a fucking sticker on the boxart, shit), and preorders for mario strikers and metroid prime 3.

Then the last two GSes I went to wouldn't take Avatar. It was so very close at the last GS, since the employees were clueless, as always, but they hadn't updated their fucking signs and called another store to see if the deal was still going on (probably the store that had just denied me) and when he called the guy asked which games and then it got denied.

I have two more GSes I can try tomorrow if I feel like it, I might just trade in a MtR with NFS Carbon or go pick up a TMNT from GameCrazy. I unseal my games so right now I have an opened copy of Avatar and MtR, so hopefully I can get a store to take the Avatar then I just won't open the last Avatar I have.

That was long, sorry.

[quote name='io']Am I to understand that they gave you $59.99 for the 2 games, then? And aren't you the one who also got Boogie preordered with the deal? I guess I could give it a shot with Boogie - but it seems the clerks I deal with are always well aware of the $50 limit. It really shouldn't work with $59.99 games ;).[/quote]

Shazamm, you noticed? ... :applause: the fine print states up to $59.99 game .... so that's what I preordered ....

[quote name='donut']Shazamm, you noticed? ... :applause: the fine print states up to $59.99 game .... so that's what I preordered ....[/QUOTE]

The fine print on the fliers and in store signage says $49.99 and has for a while (I have the old one). Only the web site where they cut and pasted the PS3 info (thus Gundam as an exclusion) shows the $59.99. :lol:
Anyway, extreme YMMV on that but congrats. I may try with Boogie tonight just innocently - if they shoot it down I'll pick something else.

[quote name='donut']Shazamm, you noticed? ... :applause: the fine print states up to $59.99 game .... so that's what I preordered ....[/quote]On the website it does, but that's because last I checked it still has the PS3 fine print for the Wii deal. The printed info says $49.99 for Wii.

So could I return my heatseeker tomorrow and use the credit for a preorder or would they not let me return it because of the promo? I want to at least switch it for a sealed one if they have one.

OK, so funny experience tonight. I take the games in and they still qualify (MtR and TMNT). But this time I'm told it has to be a current new game - this after I went into a long discussion about SSBB and Mario (he hadn't heard the release dates yet) and how I could preorder something else and switch to those later. This guy had given me a preorder during the last trade 2 promo (the Far Cry/Open Season one ;)) no problem. This time he was adamant that wouldn't work. I was with my son and had other stuff to do so I just "went for it". He gave me an opening because he *started* to say that I could return it so I just asked if I could do it right then and there.. He seemed hesitant at first but then said sure. So he rang me up for a Mario Party 8 (just scanned one in the glass case without taking it out :lol:) and then returned it immediately and gave me a NiGHTS preorder.

My question is this - is it NOW actually an automatic thing in the system? I didn't notice him manually adjusting the prices (though my receipt showed them bumped to $24.99 and $25.00). I'm just wondering why, if he was willing to do the return/preorder thing, he wouldn't just do the preorder off the bat. Oh well, whatever... I do want to do one more pair, but I'm actually tempted to get the Harry Potter game (and then use the free movie ticket this weekend) so maybe I can actually use the promo as intended for once!

[quote name='monkeydeew']this thread is hellllllllllllllla redundant this thread is hellllllllllllllla redundant[/QUOTE]

Well, THAT certainly helps!

Anyway, just wanted to post the "updated" web site details. It is better than before (no PS3 promo cut-n-paste :lol:) but still not up to date with the current restrictions. Really, what does it take to keep this current? Some dude editing a text file for a minute? Sheesh...

[quote name='EB/GS Wii promo restrictions as of 7/13']
* Expires: 07/29/2007. 2007 & older sports titles, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Far Cry, Ant Bully, Happy Feet, Rampage, Ice Age 2, Open Season, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid on games priced $49.99 or less. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers.
[/quote]

And a note to anyone just popping into this thread for the first time, there are 2 additional restrictions stores have received via email: Avatar and Resident Evil 4.

[quote name='io']Well, THAT certainly helps!

Anyway, just wanted to post the "updated" web site details. It is better than before (no PS3 promo cut-n-paste :lol:) but still not up to date with the current restrictions. Really, what does it take to keep this current? Some dude editing a text file for a minute? Sheesh...

And a note to anyone just popping into this thread for the first time, there are 2 additional restrictions stores have received via email: Avatar and Resident Evil 4.[/QUOTE]

Good lord, I think there are more titles on the exempt list than not.

sorry io it was late and i was tired of reading 'will my avatar work' & 'can i preoerder a game' i need to hop on the tmnt train now! too bad there is only one gc in my greater neighborhood and they have always been dix to me b/c i woudnt sign up for mvp and dick teased them about it lol

Well I have one more victory to report from this for anybody who cares (so thread bump):

I went to a brand new gamestop even closer to my house that just opened yesterday or today. They took my avatar and meet the robinsons without a second thought and the guy even mentioned a preorder when asking what I wanted in trade. Anyway, I got a battalion wars 2 preorder that I'll probably switch over to mario galaxy or smash bros.

I have one set of Avatar/MtR left, but I'm not going to risk the Avatar and just trade in my NFS with MtR and get another preorder that I can switch to galaxy/smash bros. So I'll just take back the Avatar and have spent around $113 and a NFS that I got as a gift for 5 brand new games. Yay for me.

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']What;s NFS?[/quote]

Need For Speed. It's not on sale, I just have it and don't really play it.

Finished my Avatar/MtR/TMNT finagling today. 8 pairs total, paid for reserves (or soon to be reserves) on Strikers, Galaxy, Brawl, Fire Emblem, BWii and FF:CC. Paid of my Persona 3 order and picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma with some of the credit too. I think I'm good for the year... >_>

I was just at the Melbourne, FL GS and they had many more exclusions on the Wii games - Spongebob, Res Evil 4, Chicken Shoot, Rapala, and quite a few more... also it had to be for a game that was already out or released before the exp. date - they have it expiring on 7/29/07.

Website also has new expiration date... but does not add the new exclusions mentioned above...

* Expires: 07/29/2007. 2007 & older sports titles, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Far Cry, Ant Bully, Happy Feet, Rampage, Ice Age 2, Open Season, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid on games priced $49.99 or less. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers.

I dunno if I should try any more pairs or not, lol, I think I've spent enough money though.

Finished off the last MtR with NFS Carbon for a Dewy's Adventure preorder (that'll switch to brawl). I'll just return my last Avatar. In total I got Heatseeker and preorders for Strikers, MP3, BWii (change to galaxy) and Dewy's Adventure (change to brawl). So if I don't use this deal again I think I've gotten my money's worth. I'd like to keep the preorder for BWii, so I might end up doing some more trading.

i have some credit left from the 50% trade in thing from Game Crazy. So i will pick up TMNT. Then i ll ride my bike over to Circuit City and pick up MtR.(Possibly another TMNT if i dont feel like riding all the ay to sunrise highway.) I going to get MP8 and probably keep. Then ill trade in Truama Center and Excite Truck For Mario Strikers Charged.

[quote name='RoboPenguin']Guys, if I traded in 2 Wii games, got the one free one, and returned the free one I could just get $50 credit right?[/quote]

I don't think that is the intention of the deal, so the results of that happening will be YMMV.

I traded in Tony Hawk and Super Monkey Ball for Big Brain Acedemy and then took that back and they were willing to give me credit. I just put the 50 bucks on my Bioshock CE preorder and paid it off.

I traded my last new TMNT with a MtR for a Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 preorder. I figured since I got $38 from GC for the first Rayman a few weeks back it was worth $20 of that GC credit and $12.72 cash (MtR from CC) for the sequel. I can always change it later, too...

I was a bit nervous when I went in because I just opened my MtR and TMNT in the car and saw NO signage or fliers about the deal when I went in. But the clerk had no problem taking them and knew at a glance that those games qualified (he didn't have to read a list anywhere). And no problem with the preorder either.

Then I went to a nearby GC. I wish I had gone there FIRST as this was the first GC (out of about 5) I've seen used copies of TMNT at - and they had two of them. So I grabbed those as I have two more MtR. Before that I was just going to return one and keep the other, but I can't pass up $13.49 in GC credit + $12.72 cash for a new Wii preorder. I may even just buy the Harry Potter game for the Wii (though we just saw the movie tonight I'm sure my daughter would want to go again and I can use the free ticket then). So I have a backup plan if I can't get a preorder at a different store - I'll just get the Harry Potter game. I need to try a new store as I already have 2 or 3 preorders at the 3 closest stores to me and don't want to draw too much attention to myself ;).

Do they do Trade 2 Wii games and Get 1 new PS3 game?

Or, is it just 2 Wii for 1 Wii / 2 PS3 for1 1 PS3?

Just seeing if I could ever get a Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE cheaply ;)

[quote name='eau']Do they do Trade 2 Wii games and Get 1 new PS3 game?

Or, is it just 2 Wii for 1 Wii / 2 PS3 for1 1 PS3?

Just seeing if I could ever get a Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE cheaply ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh no, that won't work *directly*. But you could get a Wii preorder and switch it weeks later for a PS3 preorder (paying the $10 difference) and they'd be none the wiser. I may do that for a few 360 games actually.

In terms of getting a current PS3 game, you could get a new Wii game and then return it to a different store and use the credit on the PS3 game. I know some CAG's have done that. There's no guarantee but chances are good you can swing it. It always helps when returning if you turn right around and preorder or buy something else right away.

I went to a 2nd GS this morning with my CC $12.00 games. See my post a page back where the 1st GameStop would not let me trade hardly anything in...

I showed the employee the 4 wii games I had and she only checked the 'Wii trade 2 flyer' for exceptions and did not take 5 minutes going through company emails to try and find exclusions... again, I tried for pre-orders and she said it had to be for what was in stock (ba!) so I picked up Ratatouille and Big Brain Academy. I still had to pay sales tax? Weird...

Also, I found a used copy of Enchanted Arms on the shelf so I bought that and stopped by GameRush on the way home! I now have $36 on my GR account!

I was able to trade in Avatar and MTR for a Metroid Prime 3 pre-order today. There didn't seem to be a mgr around and the two people behind the counter just looked at the flyer exclusion list and said it was okay. Looking at the receipt, looks like the current trade in for Avatar should be $6 and for MTR should be $10. They made them $27.05 each so it covered the $54.11 including tax for MP3.

Not sure if I want MP3, so I may go in and switch the pre-order to SMG or SSBB when you can pre-order them. (Neither Galaxy nor Brawl were in the system yet)

Now, I hope I can get rid of my other Avatar & MTR and get Mario Strikers - otherwise, taking those games back to CC.

BTW, I took the games in sealed - I've seen people say they open the games before going into the store. The EB people will just open the games at the counter if they are sealed, so I wouldn't risk opening them ahead of time in case they don't take the games.

I flipped the last of mine today. Picked up Mario Party 8, Pokemon Battle Revolution and Big Brain Academy, then returned them for a black DS lite and some credit.

OK, did my last 2 trades today - my last 2 MtR from the CC sale (and I passed up several more) with the 2 used TMNT I got from GC.

My total for this sale is now:

Battalion Wars 2
Dewy's Adventure
Mario & Sonic At The Olympics x 3
Mario Strikers Charged
NiGHTS x 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Simpsons Game

with a Metroid Prime 3, also, from the last (Far Cry/Open Season ;)) deal.

I'll switch one each of the Mario & Sonic and NiGHTS preorders to SSBB and Mario Galaxy, and probably the rest of those 2 games to other things as well (may keep one or the other if reviews are positive though). Simpsons game will probably get switched to the 360 version. The others I will probably just pick up as scheduled though.

All of these were obtained for a maximum of $24.54 (if I used a MtR and Avatar from CC) or as low as about $17 (if I used MtR and a used TMNT from GC - considering the cost of my GC credit).

Not bad, not bad at all... Now I don't feel so bad for renewing my Edge card. Of course, it wasn't required for this deal and unlike the last time I never had them scan it to get the extra $5. But since I took such good advantage of this deal I don't mind them having my sub (which will probably go unused for used game purchases) for another year ;).

An interesting side note - I didn't have any problem getting preorders today, but at the first place the girl working there (who has known me for a while) said "not usually" but she'd let it slide for me ;). That was nice. But then another guy working there joked that he would clock back in and do my transaction instead of her - the implication being that he wanted the preorder for his numbers. So this brings up an interesting point. Why do a large proportion of the EB/GS employees refuse to take preorders for this deal? It is clearly possible as so many of us have been able to do it. It has gotten the OK from corporate (as someone else found). And they are usually so desperate for preorders - you'd think they would jump all over the chance to get one when someone offers to make one! Oh well...

I know the deal runs another 2 weeks, but unless a new set of games comes up cheap somewhere else I think I'm done. I've certainly traded in enough copies of Meet The Robinsons for one lifetime (out of the 10 times I did it, 9 used MtR paired with either Avatar or TMNT. The first trade consisted of my own actual games ;)). Shrike, I hope you weren't too discouraged and got out this weekend to make some trades. I checked out the fliers and signage at the 2 stores I went to today - they did NOT have new stuff printed up with the Avatar restriction, so I would have had a good chance getting that taken (fortunately, though, for me MtR was easier to obtain than Avatar from CC).

[quote name='io']Shrike, I hope you weren't too discouraged and got out this weekend to make some trades. I checked out the fliers and signage at the 2 stores I went to today - they did NOT have new stuff printed up with the Avatar restriction, so I would have had a good chance getting that taken (fortunately, though, for me MtR was easier to obtain than Avatar from CC).[/quote]At the multiple EB/GS's I went to, Avatar was on the exclusion list, they made no bones about it and letting me know.

They refused to take MtR & TMNT, saying that they had "too many copies of it and the RM said they weren't going to take any more copies of it". Was the "subject to manager's approval" out-clause on the MtR & TMNT. I ended up returning all of them sealed back to CC & GC, so decided to cut my losses and call it a day.

[quote name='eau']Do they do Trade 2 Wii games and Get 1 new PS3 game?

Or, is it just 2 Wii for 1 Wii / 2 PS3 for1 1 PS3?[/quote]I was wondering along these lines, too. Say I do the trade 2/1 on whatever wii games for whatever new wii game. Keep the receipt, keep it wrapped. Within seven days, couldn't I just go back, and ask to exchange that game for any other $49.99 new game? (assuming the new game you picked up was 49.99)

I know my store would let me, but there are times I think they'd let me walk out with the interactives if I asked for them.

[quote name='guinaevere']I was wondering along these lines, too. Say I do the trade 2/1 on whatever wii games for whatever new wii game. Keep the receipt, keep it wrapped. Within seven days, couldn't I just go back, and ask to exchange that game for any other $49.99 new game? (assuming the new game you picked up was 49.99)
.[/QUOTE]

I returned 3 games earlier. If they give you any hassle just tell them you want a preorder for a game that's about to come out (ie Strikers) and when it does just use the credit for something else.

[quote name='shrike4242']
They refused to take MtR & TMNT, saying that they had "too many copies of it and the RM said they weren't going to take any more copies of it". Was the "subject to manager's approval" out-clause on the MtR & TMNT. I ended up returning all of them sealed back to CC & GC, so decided to cut my losses and call it a day.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that Shrike. I guess there must be more CAG's (or others) doing this sort of thing around you. Those games were not in any particular abundance at any of the EB/GS stores near me and they had no problem taking them (they specifically checked whatever exclusion list they had and OK'd those each time).

Checking the web site, MtR is backordered as a used title (so you'd think they would want more for web sales if nothing else). Also, and this is rather amusing, actually: of the 20+ stores within 30 miles of me, all show ZERO used copies of MtR except for the 6 locations where I traded them and 2 others that are fairly far from me (but close to another CAG who I'm sure took advantage of this deal).

TMNT is also backordered as a used title, and, while it seems to be a bit more common (about half of the 20+ stores have them) they are still only in the 1-3 quantity range.

Avatar is ALSO backordered but is the most common of the 3 games in stores. A few places near me have 4+ showing in the store locator. I only traded in 1 at most, at these places. But that game is a bit older so it makes sense there would be more used stock sitting around. Still, though, there are several stores with 0 in stock too.

Anyways, some bad luck on your part. But this is one reason I don't bring the games in sealed - that might raise a flag with them to check current stock and deny the deal. Though it sounds like in your case they had a directive from before you even stepped foot in there to deny those particular ones, so someone must have abused it recently. Just for kicks, though, you may want to see what the web site says for stock at those stores just to see if they were BSing you or not.

I checked the stock of used MTR (wii) on ebgames.com; of the stores near to me only 1 store had MTR used within 100+ miles and that store had 4+ copies. I traded in 4 (sealed) copies. Interesting... :lol:

I don't know what it is, but it seems like people around here avoid the clearance bins like they are dusted with asbestos or something. Guess I'm a lower class citizen since I like to make my gaming (hell any) dollar stretch. :roll:

Yeah, I know there are several CAG's in my area and they may hit up the clearance sales, but they don't seem to take advantage of trade-in deals. I hit several Gamecrazy stores around here for the 50% bonus trade-in which was just a flat-out great deal no matter what. I used it for some flipped games but also several of my own, already beaten, games. At nearly every store it seemed like I was the first person to use the deal, even several days after it started. It was very strange.

On the other hand, Lumines up and disappeared from all the places I know it was in abundance within just a few days of the patch info going public. So I think there are a lot of ebayers here, but just not gamer types who want to build credit (if it can sell, though, that is a different matter - the Wii's continue to be bought up by resellers around here). That's fine with me, as any selling I do is strictly for the gaming habit, and I get much better returns through trade-in deals anyway :lol:.

[quote name='io']My total for this sale is now:

Battalion Wars 2
Dewy's Adventure
Mario & Sonic At The Olympics x 3
Mario Strikers Charged
NiGHTS x 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Simpsons Game
[/QUOTE]

Wow. I thought pulling this off 3 times was impressive...
But damn, man. You are the gold standard of CAG's.

I'm done with this unless there's another clearance somewhere.

Bought 8 Avatar and 8 MtR, turned $443 credit from $225 cash. Ended with:

2 Black DS lites
2 Super Smash Bros. Brawl preorders
1 Super Mario Galaxy preorder

~iyay

[quote name='djkunai']I'm done with this unless there's another clearance somewhere.

Bought 8 Avatar and 8 MtR, turned $443 credit from $225 cash. Ended with:

2 Black DS lites
2 Super Smash Bros. Brawl preorders
1 Super Mario Galaxy preorder

~iyay[/quote]
i hope your gs dm's dont decide to come down on you guys HARD for being so blatant. and never doing this sort of deal again

bread's done
Back