Eddie Guerrero's wrestling topic (RIP 1967 - 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
eya special was pretty cool... seeing taker come out was awesome to fight show and kane.. i have mixed feeling though about the whole low rider thing

Back from SmackDown! The show was, in general, a lot of fun, although the segment involving Eddie's car was, IMO, in exceptionally bad taste.

***SPOILERS BELOW***

Dark/Velocity matches:
Orlando Jordan v Jobber: OJ wins.
Ken Kennedy v Kid Kash: Kennedy wins. Awful match, blown spots galore.

SmackDown! (Friday, not the special, as you saw that):
Benoit v Regal: Stiff match, but not up to the typical snuff of Benoit/Regal matches. Series of ferocious headbutts from Benoit busted open both men very good. Benoit wins via submission, attacks Booker T (who is doing commentary) after the match. Double duty for Benoit tonight.

Randy Orton segment: Randy gloats (but, most importantly, says nothing about Eddie). Undertaker speaks "from beyond" (over the house speakers); Randy runs through the crowd, and encounters a glowing casket that freaks him out. It all culminates in a Hell in a Cell announcement for Armageddon.

Tag Team battle royal for title match @ Armageddon: Mexicools (Psicosis and Super Crazy) win over London/Kendrick, Legion of Posers, Vito/Nunzio, The Dicks, and Funaki/Scotty 2 Hotty.

Lashley over someone I forgot (some meaningless SD! fodder, but not a jobber). Lashley is HUGE in person. Oh yeah, he beat Sylvain Grenier.

Boogeyman scares Simon Dean in an interview segment. He sings "My Darlin' Clementine," much to my chagrin. I was hoping for the "WKRP in Cincinnati" theme.

Simon is carried to the ring by security, and is beat by the Boogeyman in about 17 seconds. Not a good sign if a wrestler only does their finisher in a match (which was nothing more than a basic falling slam). Lame, but probably a neat entrance in person.

Randy Orton beat Matt Hardy. I went to the restroom and to buy a Guinness, as I figured crowds would be small outside. I was right.

Big Show and Kane beat JBL/Rey Mysterio. JBL gets poked in the eye by the ref accidentally, and walks out on Rey Rey. Rey gets squashed, and is finally saved by Batista to end the show.

***END SPOILERS***

I don't think anything else happened. Good wrestling, good setup for the PPV (they probably only have three weeks at most, anyway). It was FAR better than the last SD! show I attended.

Most regrettably, I think I was the only person in my section who thought that using Eddie's car, symbolically, in the way they did was deplorable and tasteless beyond measure. It didn't sour the entire show for me, but it did really bother me. I think the SD! special aired at 9PM, but they started those matches at 8PM, so they might have edited out the fact that Randy Orton spent a minute or two trying to get the car into reverse. If it wasn't edited, then hooray for live TV screwups. LAME segment.

The crowd pops HUGE for The Undertaker.

yea he spent ages in the car. The fact that he actually thought about it and still did it really pisses me off.

If I was Chavo or Rey I would have quit after that shit. It was in such bad taste after there was such celebration over his life. In fact I will state that if they don't quit I will lose respect for both of them. They know they can go to TNA and have a job or head to Japan and be stars, so its not like they have no reason to not have a backbone (plus it would make Vince look really really bad). If I was TNA I would be on the phone right now to both of them telling them that if they want to quit they would have a job as soon as their business is complete with WWE.

Hello everyone. This is demomanTNA with your TNA rasslin news sponsered by Family Guy Volume 3 now out on DVD. Experience the Griffins like never before with all new extended editions of the fourth season. Now out on DVD.

[quote name='PWInsider.com']The barbed wire is wrapped around the TNA ring right now. TNA did a test run earlier today. No word on if they are going to shoot it as part of an angle tonight or if they will be taking it down.

The Amazing Red is there and will wrestle tonight.

Kenny King of Tought Enough 2 fame will wrestle Abyss tonight.

Alex Shelley is scheduled to debut a new gimmick where he runs around with a video camera.[/quote]

[quote name='PWInsider.com']TNA Impact on 11/26 shot back up to its usual number, scoring .8 household rating. The episode averaged a .6 in Males 18-49 and a .6 in Males 18-34. The average audience of 972,000 viewers. There will be a very big sigh of relief backstage at Impact today.

As noted earlier, Charlie Haas is backstage at the Impact taping in Orlando, Florida visiting but is not scheduled to appear. PWInsider.com will have coverage of the taping later this evening.[/quote]

And in FURTHER news... here are the spoilers for the next two week's of TNA Impact.....

SPOILERS

[quote name='PWInsider.com']Richard Trionfo called in the following spoilers from tonight's TNA Impact taping in Orlando, Florida at Universal Studios:

*They opened the taping with a segment featuring the six-sided ring wrapped in barbed wire. Abyss and Jim Mitchell came out and got in the ring. Mitchell began cutting a promo, when the lights went out. When they returned, Sabu was in the ring and they had a faceoff. It was announced after the segment that Sabu vs. Abyss would open the Turning Point PPV.

*In a segment that will be inserted into the 12/8 Thursday edition of Impact, Mike Tenay brought out AJ Styles, Chris Sabin, and Sonjay Dutt. The Chicago White Sox' AJ Pierzynski and Dale Torborg (formerly the Kiss Demon in WCW) gave a presentation to the wrestlers. Bobby Heenan was also there. The Diamonds in the Rough came out and Simon Diamond cut a great promo on the White Sox. He decked Torborg, leading to a big brawl. It was later announced that at Turning Point it will be Dutt & Sabin & Torborg vs. The Diamonds in the Rough in a "Basebrawl match" with Bobby Heenan doing commentary for the bout.

*Outside, Don West was waiting for Raven to arrive. Samoa Joe walked by and had AJ Styles' name written on his wrist tape. Heenan arrived and said he was there because he was excited about the presentation "this Thursday."

*They aired a video on 4 Live Kru: The Family.

*Chris Sabin won a Four Way, pinning Petey Williams with a Cradleshock right after Williams had hit the Canadian Destroyer on Austin Aries. Alex Shelley was also in the match, debuting his new deal where he runs around with a video camera.

*Terry Taylor interviewed NWA Tag Team champions America's Most Wanted.

*Abyss pinned Tough Enough alumni Kenny King. Mitchell did a promo and Sabu came out. They brawled to the outside of the building. Abyss hit Sabu with barbed wire chair and chokeslammed him on guard rails.

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett came out and was interviewed by Mike Tenay. Christian came out and challenged the winner of Turning Point to a title match. Jeff Jarrett and Christian brawl. Bobby Rude hits the ring and scored with a Northern Lariat on Christian. As they brawl, Jackie Gayda arrives and slaps Jarrett. AMW come out and question Jarrett what's going on with Gayda.

*Backstage, Larry Zbyszko tells Raven that there will be a surprise for him at Turning Point.

*Samoa Joe defeated the returning Amazing Red. Shelley came out with his camera and got in way when Joe was doing the facewash. Joe wins with his choke. After the match. Joe chased Shelley to the back.

*Konnan & Kip James defeated The Beasts of Burden. Bob Armstrong was out on the ramp as they exited the building.

*In the back, Bobby Rude & Scott D'Amore cut a promo about Rude's match with Christian. Scott says he gave Christian a chance and now he will pay for what he did at the PPV.

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett & NWA Tag Team champions America's Most Wanted defeated The Naturals & Jeff Hardy - Jarrett wins with the Stroke on Chase Stevens. AMW hit a 3-D on Douglas through a table.

*They do a Rhino video feature

*Christian Cage defeated Bobby Rude with the Unprettier. At the onset of the match, the referee was knocked out. Monty Brown hit the ring trying to hit the Pounce on Cage, who moved and D'Amore was hit. Brown Pounced Cage after the match.

*Abyss and Jim Mitchell promo. Sabu came out.

*The Diamonds in the Rough defeated Raven in House of Fun match after throwing him outside the ring through a table that was leaned against the railing. All three scored the pin. Zbyszko offered Raven his release before the match.

Xplosion Matches:

*Eric Young and Petey Williams defeated Sonjay Dutt and Lance Hoyt.

*Matt Bentley defeated Roderick Strong with a superkick.

*Rhino defeated A-1 with the gore.[/quote]

Done.

I have to see what everyone's talking about. Guyver, help us out?

WTF @ the picture

the video is up on wwe.com showing what happened

I wish I had capped it so I could upload it and you could see the full segment. Sorry

Fu(k, I didn't buy tix to Armageddon and now I wish I did. Hell in The Cell would be worth it no matter what happens, I just want to see the Cell live. I've seen cages, both old blue bars and new chain link but never the full cell.

Damn.

Perhaps you can sell DVD-R copies of your journey to get a XBox 360 in order to raise funds to get a ticket to Armageddon. :rofl:

(With directors commentary too lol)

No, I could still get tix, but I don't want them unless they're MINE (or a friend that got them and invited me), unless I got up at 10am and bought them myself.

[quote name='Scorch']I have to see what everyone's talking about. Guyver, help us out?

WTF @ the picture

[/QUOTE]

damn sorry guys.. didnt record the special

I guess it wouldn't officially be a death in the WWE without a tasteless act.

If you disassociate the memory from the car (I associate Eddie with the one they had on Raw), the segment was actually pretty cool.. too bad the explosion happened like twenty seconds after the crash.

ahhh I went to the bar and skipped the special, and I neglected to go to the ppv in my own backyard, but needless to say I'm not upset as I read the results and nothing happened to warrant me spending money/time going to downtown Detroit to see what's become lame wrestling.

Reading more of the topic... I cannot believe they mocked Eddie... fuck you WWE, seriously fuck you all, whoever had this idea should seriously be tied down and eaten alive by rats as I can imagine no worse death... well I can, but I'll refrain at the moment. This is why I've strayed from wrestling so much lately, and probably why I'll stray even further.

It is good to be back and talk to all you fine folk though...

by the by, Saucy, thanks for the bday wishes, your kindness has not gone unnoticed...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Reading more of the topic... I cannot believe they mocked Eddie... fuck you WWE, seriously fuck you all, whoever had this idea should seriously be tied down and eaten alive by rats as I can imagine no worse death... well I can, but I'll refrain at the moment. This is why I've strayed from wrestling so much lately, and probably why I'll stray even further.

It is good to be back and talk to all you fine folk though...

by the by, Saucy, thanks for the bday wishes, your kindness has not gone unnoticed...[/QUOTE]

Horsey don't get upset about this. It won't be the only time that this happens. It's the WWE and they milk things like this everytime. Better to do it now while it is fresh in everyone's mind then to do it later.

The only thing I don't understand is how many times will Randy Orton try to kill the Undertaker? I mean he has set him on fire twice. Also, if Orton is suppose to be a Legend Killer why doesn't he try to take on anymore Legends outside of Taker.

I just hate the fact that everyone took the time to think about what to do, and it's as if no one stopped to think: "Maybe we shouldn't do this." I was really surprised when Big Show powerbombed Rey onto the lowrider. I didn't think either Big Show or Rey would have agreed to do that. And you could tell the crowd began to get legitimately upset. Nothing is sacred in the WWE.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']
by the by, Saucy, thanks for the bday wishes, your kindness has not gone unnoticed...[/QUOTE]

Just got back on CAG, so I didn't know that my "kindness went unnoticed." :lol:

You're welcome. Hope you had a great day.

I'm feeling pretty good, almost at 100% again... so it's time for the rasslin' news again!

Brought to you by the WWE superstars. They're going overseas again soon. Thanks for entertaining the troops.

In this issue: Randy Orton not sorry about Tuesday... John Cena raps with The Coach... WWE heading overseas again... Top superstar's wife asks him to quit... and much more!

From WWE.com: When contacted to confirm his appearance on Byte This! tonight, Randy Orton had the following statement: "I have no regret for what I did last night to the Undertaker. I've made my career killing legends and I made sure the Undertaker will never return again. And the only place to find out what's next for Randy Orton is Friday Night Smackdown. I will make my intentions known to the world then!"

John Cena is on The Coachcast on WWE.com where they do a rap-off with each other.

PWInsider reports that the plan for Armageddon is to do Big Show and Kane vs. Rey Mysterio and Batista.

As of last word, the plan was to keep Eric Bischoff on RAW with some sort of 'swerve' angle next week.

There are still no plans to bring Jim Ross back to RAW. Ross is currently at home in Oklahoma recovering from surgery. The original plans had called for him to be brought back to host WWE.com's Unlimited programs but there is no word on if that will still happen.

DDP.com has made the front page of Playboy.com with a Yoga article.

Batista is scheduled to work through his back tear injury as the company really needs him. Some question whether that may be a good move as he could definitely cause more damage.

WWE.com is taping SmackDown! this SUNDAY in Columbia, SC. due to them traveling overseas late next week to tape their holiday shows for the troops overseas. The location will be kept a secret for obvious reasons.

The well-publicized death of Eddie Guerrero brought the issue of pro wrestling's intensive lifestyle to the forefront. While it was always a background concern for wrestlers and insiders, it suddenly became a major talking point.

According to PWTorch.com, Guerrero's death horrified one top WWE wrestler's wife to the point that she asked him to quit the business. Confident that he would not be a casualty of the business, however, he refused to fulfill that request.

Supposedly, that concern is not limited to the wife and wrestler in question. A number of family members, particularly spouses, are worried about the toll the industry might take on WWE performers.

For those who missed the Survivor Series PPV last night, Vince McMahon was doing a backstage promo with Eric Bischoff when John Cena walked into the picture. Vince tried to act like he was into hip-hop with the handshakes and said "Good luck tonight, nigga" and then walked off. Booker T then entered and said "Tell me, he just didn't say that."

Was this already discussed a few pages ago? Seriously, what the hell is Vince thinking?

so Armageddon we get Hell In The Cell: Taker vs Orton

then at New Year's Revolution we get an elimination chamber match: Cena vs... some combo of HBK, Carlito, Masters, Show, Kane, Triple H, Flair (if he's not in court), maybe Tatanka if he re-signs with WWE :roll: I don't know/care just another clusterfuck match to keep the belt on Cena, might as well toss Coach, Austin, Johnny Parisi, and Raven into the match too...

I'm the 17,000th view on this thread. Amazing.

Just got my newest Gamepro.. they bash Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 hardcore, it's funny because everywhere else it's gotten glowing reviews.. here, the graphics got a 4.0, the sound a 2.5, the control a 2.5, and the fun factor a 2.5. They say that "Your success hinges on little more than knowing precisely when to hit one of the two reversal buttons and then pounding your enemy to putty with some brutal attack of your own" (Excuse me, isn't that pretty much the same as every other wrestling and fighting game on the market?).. "The plethora of match types simply blur together as you find yourself constantly staring at the screen, waiting for another fleeting moment of conditional control."

Funny.

Ironically enough, The Warriors, a game which involves you knowing when to precisely hit a block/reversal button and then pound your enemy to putty with brutal attacks, received a 4.5/5.

Gamepro's a joke.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']so Armageddon we get Hell In The Cell: Taker vs Orton

then at New Year's Revolution we get an elimination chamber match: Cena vs... some combo of HBK, Carlito, Masters, Show, Kane, Triple H, Flair (if he's not in court), maybe Tatanka if he re-signs with WWE :roll: I don't know/care just another clusterfuck match to keep the belt on Cena, might as well toss Coach, Austin, Johnny Parisi, and Raven into the match too...[/QUOTE]

Hey... what's with the Raven hatin there? :evil:

Anyone dumb enough to do a drawn out storyline with Larry fucking Zbyzsko ought to be hated.

Really, it's a worse idea than doing a drawn out storyline with Kip fucking James!

[quote name='mykevermin']Anyone dumb enough to do a drawn out storyline with Larry fucking Zbyzsko ought to be hated.

Really, it's a worse idea than doing a drawn out storyline with Kip fucking James![/QUOTE]

"Knock, knock. Who's there? Blood. BLOOD GUSHING OUT OF YOUR HEAD!"

:rofl:

Raven's promos are funny. The sad thing is... I don't think he's trying to be funny.

So, DemoMan, when's TNA booking Zbyzsko/Raven in a deathmatch? ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']Anyone dumb enough to do a drawn out storyline with Larry fucking Zbyzsko ought to be hated.

Really, it's a worse idea than doing a drawn out storyline with Kip fucking James![/QUOTE]

But but but... Raven can't help it..... he's not the one doing the booking. :rofl:

[quote name='Saucy Jack']So, DemoMan, when's TNA booking Zbyzsko/Raven in a deathmatch? ;)[/QUOTE]

Screw that... I'd rather have a Raven in a deathmatch against.....

pdSUFGY0001.jpg

Stewie Griffin! :lol:

That would draw far better than one with Zybzsko... I wouldn't even want to watch that.

One quick anecdote from the SmackDown tapings, and then I'm off to the bar.

The 13 year old boys next to us we chatting with us about TNA. DID YOU KNOW: The original Kane (when he had hair) left WWE and became Abyss?

:rofl: flabby belly, man-boobies and shoulder tattoo notwithstanding, I can *almost* see how they think that's believable.

[quote name='mykevermin']One quick anecdote from the SmackDown tapings, and then I'm off to the bar.

The 13 year old boys next to us we chatting with us about TNA. DID YOU KNOW: The original Kane (when he had hair) left WWE and became Abyss?

:rofl: flabby belly, man-boobies and shoulder tattoo notwithstanding, I can *almost* see how they think that's believable.[/QUOTE]

lol, I remember when everyone around school would always say that Kane was the "old" Undertaker. Apparently when the Undertaker stopped wearing purple and a hat he became a whole new person.

Brian Lee/"Chainz" in DOA.

Little known fact: I keyed his white corvette because he was an asshole to some dude who had two children with physical disabilities.

I thoroughly enjoy being a humanitarian. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']Brian Lee/"Chainz" in DOA.

Little known fact: I keyed his white corvette because he was an asshole to some dude who had two children with physical disabilities.

I thoroughly enjoy being a humanitarian. ;)[/QUOTE]

YOU were the one who did that to my 'vette?

I'll fucking kill you!

(not really)

[quote name='demomanTNA']But but but... Raven can't help it..... he's not the one doing the booking. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

DemoMan... oh, boy... I don't know how to tell you this. I found something that you should read... I'm sorry to crush your love for Raven... found this in an old interview.

[quote name='Raven']
I love shopping at Best Buy. They're my absolute favorite store; I can find ANYTHING there and the service is great. I absolutely fuckin' hate Circuit City and the bastards that work there!

Also, I hate guys who own "wrasslin' boards" and such. What also really annoys me are internet geeks who have me as their avatar.

Quote The Raven... Nevermore.
[/QUOTE]

;)

[quote name='2fast_2fuhrer']lol, I remember when everyone around school would always say that Kane was the "old" Undertaker. Apparently when the Undertaker stopped wearing purple and a hat he became a whole new person.[/QUOTE]

My friends and I used to think it was Kevin Nash.

[quote name='RawisJericho']My friends and I used to think it was Kevin Nash.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Remember when Kane had one arm larger than the other one? :lol:

Also, I finally watched TNA Genesis. Decent show. I was nearly dying in laughter when Rhino went for the Gore when Jarrett was at the entranceway. Rhino's fuckin' underwear were sticking out of his tights! When he ran, they flopped around like he was carrying a turd or something.

:rofl:

[quote name='Saucy Jack']DemoMan... oh, boy... I don't know how to tell you this. I found something that you should read... I'm sorry to crush your love for Raven... found this in an old interview.

;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Priceless.

[quote name='mykevermin']Brian Lee/"Chainz" in DOA.

I thoroughly enjoy being a humanitarian. ;)[/QUOTE]

I met Brian Lee at a independent show called "Championship Wrestling". At one point, all of the wrestlers from the show was in the lobby area signing autographs for money. Brian was nice enough to let me take a picture with him for free.

Jake Roberts was also there. I remember having to pay $10 to get an autographed picture of him. When I paid, I gave him a $20 bill and he gave me a 10 and two 5's back. After watching the Beyond the Mat movie, I understood why he did that.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Jake Roberts was also there. I remember having to pay $10 to get an autographed picture of him. When I paid, I gave him a $20 bill and he gave me a 10 and two 5's back. After watching the Beyond the Mat movie, I understood why he did that.[/QUOTE]

For those of us that didn't get to watch it, could you explain?

[quote name='neocisco']Crack is bad.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Jake Roberts and Beyond the Mat...

About two years ago or so, my brother and a friend went to an independent wrestling show here in town. There were a few famous wrestlers there, like Butch of the Bushwhackers (Luke was injured), the Honky Tonk Man (who smelled like whiskey and sang his theme song before his match)... and Jake Roberts.

He was giving free autographs, and my brother's friend went to have his Beyond the Mat DVD signed by Jake Roberts.

Jake said, "I'm sorry, son. I can't sign that. I'm suing the guy that made that movie. Can I sign something else for you?"

If you do some more research, it turns out that Jake Roberts may have been playing a "character" in that documentary. Terry Funk said that he feels bad for hooking Jake up with the director, and that most likely Jake was told to play the drug-addicted loser that we saw in the movie. Jake says that the director told him that the movie was about how drugs can ruin the lives of people... especially entertainers like pro wrestlers.

What do you all think? I know that Jake has been down the dark path of addiction before, but after hearing what he and Terry Funk had to say... it's quite possible that Jake was playing a character. Then again, maybe he really was smoking crack before his matches and such. Who knows?

He did a very convincing job then, but for his sake I'll hope it was an act. Does his new dvd set mention anything about his crack addiction or Beyond the mat?

[quote name='neocisco']Crack is bad.[/QUOTE]

Figured that much, I wasn't sure if he was just so out of it that he couldn't figure it out, or if he was did it on purpose so he'd have less money to support his addictions.

[quote name='Francis']He did a very convincing job then, but for his sake I'll hope it was an act. Does his new dvd set mention anything about his crack addiction or Beyond the mat?[/QUOTE]

He doesn't mention crack as one of the drugs that he did, so that makes me wonder about Beyond the Mat. Also, he doesn't talk about the "sex every night" stuff like he did in Beyond the Mat. That also makes me wonder.

What really made me wonder if he was playing a character or not was when Terry Funk gave an interview and talked about how the director could have possibly set Jake up as a character to make for a more interesting movie. Terry said that Jake wanted to be in the movie to show people that they should stay away from drugs, alcohol and such.

Also, in his DVD set, Jake looks like he's been clean for a while.

how is he doing with his additions these days? is he even remotely better? I've yet to view the dvd

edit: apparently saucy is also a psychic

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']how is he doing with his additions these days? is he even remotely better? I've yet to view the dvd[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, he's clean nowadays and definitely realizes how dangerous his lifestyle was.

In fact, he tells a story where he came back with that "born-again Christian" gimmick in the 90s... you know, with Revelations the Snake and such...

A lot of the wrestlers thought that Jake being clean was bullshit and that he was still up to his old ways, so they would play some mean pranks on him. He'd be backstage drinking a Coke, and then when he went to the bathroom someone would replace his Coke with whiskey and it would make him vomit.

Also, there was an angle where someone (Jerry Lawler, if I remember correctly) kept picking on Jake and calling him a drunk. The angle called for Jake to have fake whiskey thrown in his face. Lawler threw real whiskey in Jake's face.

Also, the other wrestlers would keep pressuring Jake to drink. For example, he talks about The Undertaker egging him on. "C'mon, you fucking pussy! Have a drink!" Jake would continue to stay sober. One day, finally, when WWE was overseas, one of the wrestlers pressured Jake to drink again. Finally, The Undertaker wised up and warned everyone: "Guys, Jake is serious! If anyone of you motherfuckers tries to get him drunk, he will come back and bury all of your asses!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back