Eddie Guerrero's wrestling topic (RIP 1967 - 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake was one of my favorites, it's hard to believe he never won a belt in the WWF. I think the WWE should hire him in some form to help on the creative side, he was a great story teller in the ring.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']kinda strange that so many wrestlers would mess with a long time veteran like Jake, kinda sad actually[/QUOTE]

Not just sad... but not cool.

Never knew they did that to Jake. poor guy.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']In fact, he tells a story where he came back with that "born-again Christian" gimmick in the 90s... you know, with Revelations the Snake and such...[/QUOTE]

If it wasnt for his born again Christian gimmick, we probably wouldnt know what the hell Austin 3:16 is.

[quote name='Francis']Jake was one of my favorites, it's hard to believe he never won a belt in the WWF. I think the WWE should hire him in some form to help on the creative side, he was a great story teller in the ring.[/QUOTE]

WAS my ass; I still think one of the best promos (unintentionally so) from this year was Jake's "nobody can hurt me as much as I hurt me" segment that I saw on his dvd. That was just shocking in its authenticity, so much so that it reminds you just what bullshit the modern writing on the screen is.

WWE is auctioning off Mickie James' panties from Survivor Series, and apparently, from what I can gather from the wording of the auction, they're unwashed.

http://auction.wwe.com/cgi-bin/ncom...br=64909398&prmenbr=37460399&aunbr=65256108#1

During the revenge-fueled, Women’s Championship match at Survivor Series, the enthusiastic, adrenaline-filled, Mickie James decided to interfere by pulling Melina out of the ring. If you saw this match, you definitely remember the outfit that Mickie was wearing, however, you did not get to see what was under that outfit. WWE Auction was able to get its hands on Mickie's luscious pair of panties. Since the WWE fans are not lucky enough to get their hands on Mickie herself, we’re offering the next best thing, her intoxicating unmentionables.

I bolded the word that led me to believe that they're unwashed..

[quote name='Scorch']WWE is auctioning off Mickie James' panties from Survivor Series, and apparently, from what I can gather from the wording of the auction, they're unwashed.

http://auction.wwe.com/cgi-bin/ncom...br=64909398&prmenbr=37460399&aunbr=65256108#1

I bolded the word that led me to believe that they're unwashed..[/QUOTE]

Well, they aren't eBay, so they can make their own rules. I know eBay requires all clothing and such to be washed before it is put up for sale.

What's this? "Current High Bidder : ScorchX"

Hmm... J/K. :lol: ;)

[quote name='Scorch']We all bitch and moan about people taking advantage of Eddie's death, but check this:

http://auction.wwe.com/cgi-bin/ncom...fnbr=64598599&prmenbr=37460399&aunbr=64945309

Starting time?

The day after he died. Open Date: 11/14 3:55 PM EST[/QUOTE]

It sucks that the money isn't going to Eddie's family from this. I mean, that would surely drive up the bids on that item and help out his family...

[quote name='neocisco']Crack is bad.[/QUOTE]

I've tried crack once.. it was ok nothing special. But if I was a pro wrestler I'd probably try it once before a match.. although it might make my heart explode... Anyway, I wouldn't mind being a pro wrestler. I don't really have the body for it. I'm kinda skinny (thanks to years of martial arts training).. I'm 6'0" and about 163 lbs. You guys think I should try a pro wrestling school after I graduate college? I don't know if I can make it.. I've been a fan all my life and only recently have I thought about actually being on the show.

Btw, ironically enough I wore my ECW shirt today :)

If it is something you want to try then I say go for it. I wouldn't mind trying it just to say that I did so. I have the size (6'6" 285) I just need to get into good shape again and strengthen my knee.

Oh yea my knees are fucked up as well. In 11th grade I got dead legged right to my knee during a spar session. I don't know what happened cuz I didn't think it was so bad and I just tried to sleep/walk it off.. But lately in BJJ class we've been practicing kneebars and my left knee (the same one that was hurt in 11th grade) started hurting again. I don't know how to strengthen it. I run every now and then but I think that makes it worse. I guess squats or something right?

[quote name='PhrostByte']I don't know how to strengthen it. I run every now and then but I think that makes it worse. I guess squats or something right?[/QUOTE]

I hurt mine playing basketball. I also hurt it doing squats. When I was in physical therapy I had to do calf raises and straight leg extensions more than anything else. It helped somewhat but I never really continued with the weight training as my basketball days were done.

I personally would stay away from squats until your knee is as strong as possible from straight leg extensions. Then if you were to start squats do so very carefully. Even if my knee is stronger I doubt I'll ever fool with squats again.

Saturday Night’s Main Event is returning to NBC this March after a 13-year hiatus. In the mid-1980s through early 1990s, WWE fans would scour the television listings each month — making sure they didn’t miss the highly anticipated special that replaced network staple Saturday Night Live on occasion. When Jon Lovitz, Dennis Miller and Dana Carvey weren’t performing comedy sketches, WWE Superstars were squaring off in matches that often took on a pay-per-view feel.

Here are some of the most memorable moments from the original run of Saturday Night’s Main Event:

On Nov. 2, 1985, Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd by disqualification in a match remembered for the size and stature of its participants.

On March 1, 1986, Hulk Hogan retained the WWE Championship against "Magnificent" Don Muraco via disqualification. But this match was infamous for King Kong Bundy’s interference and assault. In the end, Muraco and Bundy broke Hogan’s ribs.
On May 3, 1986, the British Bulldogs beat Iron Shiek & Nikolai Volkoff in a best two-of-three falls match for the World Tag Team Championship. This was indicative of the strength of the tag team division, which was often spotlighted on Saturday Night’s Main Event in multiple-fall battles.

On Jan. 3, 1987, Hulk Hogan battled “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff in a truly memorable Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship. Both men scaled the cage and hit the floor simultaneously, causing immense controversy and the restart of the match.

On Oct. 3, 1987, Honky Tonk Man nearly did the unthinkable: strike Elizabeth with his signature guitar during a match against Randy “Macho Man” Savage. Honky was aiming for the head of Savage, but a loving Elizabeth jumped in the way. Ultimately, Honky shoved Elizabeth to the floor and proceeded to smash Savage. Elizabeth rushed to the back and emerged with none other than Hulk Hogan. It was the beginning of the force known as the MegaPowers.

[quote name='guyver2077']Saturday Night’s Main Event is returning to NBC this March after a 13-year hiatus. In the mid-1980s through early 1990s, WWE fans would scour the television listings each month — making sure they didn’t miss the highly anticipated special that replaced network staple Saturday Night Live on occasion. When Jon Lovitz, Dennis Miller and Dana Carvey weren’t performing comedy sketches, WWE Superstars were squaring off in matches that often took on a pay-per-view feel.

Here are some of the most memorable moments from the original run of Saturday Night’s Main Event:

On Nov. 2, 1985, Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd by disqualification in a match remembered for the size and stature of its participants.

On March 1, 1986, Hulk Hogan retained the WWE Championship against "Magnificent" Don Muraco via disqualification. But this match was infamous for King Kong Bundy’s interference and assault. In the end, Muraco and Bundy broke Hogan’s ribs.
On May 3, 1986, the British Bulldogs beat Iron Shiek & Nikolai Volkoff in a best two-of-three falls match for the World Tag Team Championship. This was indicative of the strength of the tag team division, which was often spotlighted on Saturday Night’s Main Event in multiple-fall battles.

On Jan. 3, 1987, Hulk Hogan battled “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff in a truly memorable Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship. Both men scaled the cage and hit the floor simultaneously, causing immense controversy and the restart of the match.

On Oct. 3, 1987, Honky Tonk Man nearly did the unthinkable: strike Elizabeth with his signature guitar during a match against Randy “Macho Man” Savage. Honky was aiming for the head of Savage, but a loving Elizabeth jumped in the way. Ultimately, Honky shoved Elizabeth to the floor and proceeded to smash Savage. Elizabeth rushed to the back and emerged with none other than Hulk Hogan. It was the beginning of the force known as the MegaPowers.[/QUOTE]

Damn, it's been a long time since this was on. Hope it does well but I doubt it because of it being NBC.

Wow, I almost want to cry... none of my fucking pictures from Raw turned out. The best I've got is a head shot of the security guard, and a picture that if you look hard enough, you can see HHH's head against the black/gray background. This fucking sucks, because I had some awesome shots (Michaels dropping the elbow, HHH on the turnbuckle about 10 feet from me, good shots of Show, Vince, etc).

[quote name='Saucy Jack']DemoMan... oh, boy... I don't know how to tell you this. I found something that you should read... I'm sorry to crush your love for Raven... found this in an old interview.[/QUOTE]

:lol: :bow: :mrgreen: :rofl:

If we had a rep point system here... I would give you one for that post. :lol:

[quote name='demomanTNA']:lol: :bow: :mrgreen: :rofl:

If we had a rep point system here... I would give you one for that post. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought you'd like it.

Quote the DemoMan... nevermore.

[quote name='demomanTNA']Without a doubt Sausy Jack is the best there ever is, the best there ever was, and the best there ever will be on CAG! :D[/QUOTE]

Whatever you're smoking, please keep smoking it. :D

Hearing something like that is a refreshing change from the hate mail.

You know what I was also thinking of...?

It would be pretty cool if Nintendo updated some of classic NES titles and made new versions of them for current/next-gen. One of those titles I thought of was Pro Wrestling. It'd be cool if AKI did the engine and you were able to wrestle as Star Man, Fighter Hayabusa, and company.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Whatever you're smoking, please keep smoking it. :D

Hearing something like that is a refreshing change from the hate mail.

You know what I was also thinking of...?

It would be pretty cool if Nintendo updated some of classic NES titles and made new versions of them for current/next-gen. One of those titles I thought of was Pro Wrestling. It'd be cool if AKI did the engine and you were able to wrestle as Star Man, Fighter Hayabusa, and company.[/QUOTE]

A) I dare you to put my best there ever is/was/will be in your sig.
B) I'd buy that game. :D

Tonight on Demolition Man's TNA Wrestling News.... is TNA about to see another man named A.J. show up.... major update on the barbed wire match... and so much more tonight on Demolition Man's TNA Wrestling News.

First a word from our sponser...

[quote name='Fox Home Video']Coming on DVD Tuesday December 5th.... Jack Bauer thinks he has finally settled down into a new life with a new girlfriend and a new cozy job. But very soon he will discover that he can't escape from the world that he thought he left behind. 24 The Complete Fourth Season coming this Tuesday December 5th on DVD. Watch the entire season unfold uncut and unedited with hours of bonus features including deleted scenes, interviews, behind the scenes documentries, and so much more. 24 The Complete Fourth Season own it this Tuesday December 5th on DVD from Fox Home Video.[/quote]

[quote name='TNAWrestling.com']WHITE SOX CATCHER A.J. PIERZYNSKI BRAWLS AT TNA WRESTLING TV TAPING

Chicago White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski found himself in the middle of a brawl Tuesday (November 29, 2005) in Orlando, Fla., when he attended a TV taping for TNA Wrestling?s "iMPACT!", which airs every Saturday night on SPIKE-TV (11 p.m. ET).

Pierzynski, a longtime pro wrestling fan, was there to present White Sox memorabilia, including numerous team-signed items, to "The Phenomenal" A.J. Styles, Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt - three of the top wrestlers of TNA's electrifying, death-defying X-Division, a group of amazingly-talented wrestlers who have no fear, no limit and no boundaries inside the ring. During the presentation, the cocky Simon Diamond and his Diamonds in the Rough entourage of David Young and Elix Skipper interrupted the proceedings. When a brawl broke out, Pierzynski pushed down Young before security broke apart the combatants.

Dale Torborg, one of the White Sox strength and conditioning coaches and himself a former professional wrestler, also was present, along with pro wrestling legend Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Torborg is the son of former major league player/coach/manager Jeff Torborg, now a broadcaster for FOX-TV.

The highlights from Pierzynski and Heenan's TNA Wrestling appearance will air Thursday, December 8, during a one-hour prime-time "iMPACT!" wrestling show on SPIKE-TV, starting at 10 p.m. ET.

During the White Sox 2005 playoff run, ESPN and numerous other media outlets referred to Pierzynski as, "The Phenomenal" A.J. Pierzynski, borrowing the nickname from Styles, who is TNA's X-Division Champion.

Pierzynski is not the lone member of the World Series champion White Sox who is a longtime pro wrestling fan. Teammate Chris Widger attended numerous shows in the late-1990s and early-2000s near his East Coast home for now-defunct World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and has worn pro wrestling t-shirts under his baseball uniform for years.

TNA Wrestling is a Nashville-based company that features some of the best-known stars of today and future stars, such as AJ Styles, Jeff Jarrett, Christian Cage, Jeff Hardy, Konnan, Raven, Abyss, Team 3D, Rhino, Sabu, Petey Williams and others. Monty Brown, who appeared in two Super Bowls during his four-year NFL career, also is one of TNA Wrestling's top performers.[/quote]

[quote name='TNAWrestling.com']A NEW LEVEL OF VIOLENCE FOR THE “BARBED WIRE MASSACRE”

On Tuesday afternoon prior to the TNA “iMPACT!” tapings in Orlando, Florida, the TNA production crew headed up by Don Harris did a test-run of the setup for the “Barbed Wire Massacre” to take place on Sunday, December 11 at the “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View.

A truckload of barbed wire was hauled into the arena, with workers wearing protective gloves during construction. TNA cameras were on hand to film the preparation, the footage of which will air in a new “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View commercial to debut on “iMPACT!”.

TNAwrestling.com has also learned that the ring ropes and turnbuckles will be completely removed and replaced with the razor wire – another first for TNA on Pay-Per-View. The entire ring will be surrounded by barbed wire, along with the addition of various barbed wire weapons.

The bout between Abyss and Sabu will make history, as it will be the first-ever barbed-wire match to air live on Pay-Per-View in the United States.[/quote]

[quote name='TNAWrestling.com']TNA WRESTLING DELIVERS FOR SPIKE

Nashville, TN (December 1, 2005) After eight Saturday (11 PM ET) original telecasts on Spike TV, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling: iMPACT! is averaging a .8 HH rating with a .7 in M18-49, a .8 in M18-34 and an average audience of 905,000 viewers.

Versus one year ago in that timeslot, iMPACT! is up +43% in HH, +80% in M18-49, +124% in M18-34 and +58% in average audience.

“We‘re off to an impressive start with TNA Wrestling which continues to help us build our ‘Slammin’ Saturday Night’ franchise with men,“ says Kevin Kay, General Manager of Spike TV.

“TNA: iMPACT! continues to grow its audience on Spike TV,“ said Dixie Carter, President of TNA Entertainment, LLC. “Wrestling fans have been looking for an alternative and they are finding it Saturday nights on Spike TV.”

The new wrestling alternative, “TNA: iMPACT!” delivers a distinct brand of high-risk, high-flying athletic entertainment. TNA’s roster includes new, wrestling’s hottest new stars like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Monty Brown and recognizable names such as Christian Cage, Jeff Jarrett, Raven, Jeff Hardy, and others. TNA features the innovative six-sided ring and the “X Division,” as well as concept matches such as “Ultimate X,” “King of the Mountain,” and “Six Sides of Steel.”

TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Nashville, TN. The names of all Total Nonstop Action Wrestling televised programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and all TNA Wrestling logos and trademarks are exclusive property of TNA Entertainment, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information, visit www.tnawrestling.com.

Spike TV, the first network for men, is available in 88 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).[/quote]

[quote name='TNAWrestling.com']AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH ALEX SHELLEY

Alex Shelley is certainly one of the most unique stars in TNA Wrestling – using a hybrid of several wrestling techniques in his matches. Since returning to TNA last May, Shelley has gained prominence in the X Division, becoming one of the bright young lions in the high-flying, no limits style. In this exclusive TNAwrestling.com interview conducted by Bill Banks, Alex Shelley discusses his start in wrestling, his tape collection, comic books, injuries and so much more!

BB: Where are you from originally?

SHELLEY: Originally born in Detroit, Michigan – now I live in the suburbs

BB: How old are you?

SHELLEY: I am 22 years old. My birthday is May 23rd.

BB: What do your parents do for a living?

SHELLEY: My dad works in a paint factory – he’s the shipping manager. My mom works as an environmental paralegal. I’m not sure what exactly her job entails, but I know she had to go through a lot of schooling to do it.

BB: Any brothers or sisters?

SHELLEY: Yes. I have a younger brother and two sisters, one younger and one older.

BB: What kind of kid were you growing up, as far as sports and academics?

SHELLEY: I was always very good academically, even though I never put my best foot forward. As far as sports, I played everything – baseball, basketball, football, hockey, soccer, you name it. I also wrestled a little. We were always encouraged by our parents to play sports.

BB: Were you a lifelong wrestling fan?

SHELLEY: Everyone watched wrestling when they were a kid, like 5 or 6. I got back into it at around age 11, mostly watching guys like Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart. To be completely honest, I was intrigued by the characters. Everyone wants to be a super hero, even me. However, I still haven’t developed superpowers – at least not yet (laughs). To me, wrestlers were the closest thing to real-life super heroes.

BB: What wrestling did you watch?

SHELLEY: Mostly WWF at the time, but I also got to see a lot of Smokey Mountain Wrestling, WCW and ECW. I remember watching Brian Pillman face Jushin Liger and I knew it was something special to see.

BB: Who were some of your influences?

SHELLEY: One of them was Chris Benoit after I started watching him in WCW and Japan. I also remember enjoying the United States lucha invasion with Konnan, Rey, Juventud and others. Believe it or not, I was also a fan of Avatar and Tekno Team 2000 (laughs)

BB: A fan of Avatar, but not Shinobi?

SHELLEY: Yes. Not Shinobi though.

BB: At what point did you know you wanted to be a wrestler?

SHELLEY: Probably when I started watching again at age 11. I used to get the old Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazines, and I remember there was an ad in one of the magazines called “How To Get Into The Wrestling Business” or something like that. As soon as I saw that I sent off my money. It actually had some very true things about wrestlers working for only a few dollars when they started and having to pay their dues, etc. The book had information on wrestling schools and what training would be like and the schedule on the road and everything.

BB: What was your next step after reading that book?

SHELLEY: I started amateur wrestling in high school, but for college I went to an art school in Chicago to try that out. While in art school, I looked into wrestling schools and eventually found one.

BB: What kind of art were you into?

SHELLEY: I was very good at drawing. If I hadn’t started wrestling, maybe I’d be a comic book artist right now, who knows.

BB: Did you read a lot of comics? Who were your favorites?

SHELLEY: All the Marvel stuff – my brother and I loved reading X-Men growing up.

BB: Which wrestling school did you eventually go to?

SHELLEY: It was a place in Michigan that was run by a completely incompetent guy – his name isn’t even worth mentioning. He ended up being the first guy to let me and Chris Sabin get into a wrestling ring. He didn’t teach us much of anything – just the basics. Luckily, it was enough for me to start wrestling on shows, meet some people, set up rings and do security. From there, I met Scott D’Amore and Joe Legend who helped me out a lot.

BB: How did you support yourself while you chased your dream?

SHELLEY: I was pretty lucky. My parents said that as long as I stayed in school they would support me. They would help me out and I still lived at home. But I also had a job and paid my bills. I worked as a butcher and had the midnight shift. That was a pretty horrible job. There’s nothing like power-washing crusty hamburger meat off the machines at three in the morning.

BB: What did your family think about you getting into wrestling?

SHELLEY: They knew I always wanted to do it, because from about 13 years old on I was very vocal about it. I think they were already prepared for it. But, there were many times that they questioned whether I should be wrestling. I would come home beat up, bruises everywhere, my back stiff as hell. About six months into my career I shattered my jaw. I had to go into emergency surgery and I still have steel plates in my jaw from it. After the surgery I was completely depended on my parents because I was laid out for a while. But, they always left it up to me to continue wrestling.

BB: What was your first professional match?

SHELLEY: It was for a very small company and I think I got like seven dollars that night. It was a four way tag team match with me and another guy against a team called “The Game Boys” who wore Nintendo controllers as headbands and Nintendo power gloves on their hands – I thought it was very ingenious. They kind of remind me of what Chris Sabin is like now behind the camera (laughs). There was another team called “The Destroyers of the Universe” which was pretty bad since they didn’t destroy much of anything except my confidence in them after the match. I can’t remember the name of the fourth team.

BB: Give us a timeline of where you went from there in your career…

SHELLEY: I kept training and did a lot of small shows for about eight months, then I went to IWA Midsouth run by Ian Rotten. They had a lot of exposure with tape traders. I worked there for another six months and the whole time I was training with guys like D’Amore and Legend. Then I did matches for Ring of Honor and CZW and finally got a shot in TNA in 2004. I learned a lot of new things working for TNA, but I didn’t care much for my then-manager Goldylocks after a while.

BB: You were really just breaking into the ranks at that time, too…

SHELLEY: Yes, I didn’t get to have many matches, but there’s some I’m very proud of during that time, including a three-way that me, AJ Styles and Chris Sabin had on television. During my first run with TNA I got to learn a lot about how to wrestle on television – cameras, lighting, etc. Then Dusty Rhodes got to run things as Director of Authority, and he promised to let the X Division shine, but I sat at home the entire time. During that time I did a lot of wrestling in Japan. Wrestling there saved my career, because if I didn’t I would have gone back to school and given up on wrestling. But things in TNA certainly changed and I’m glad to be back here now.

BB: What’s been some of your favorite matches thus far in your career?

SHELLEY: There’s been a couple of them. There’s two guys in Japan I wrestle a lot named Minoru Fujita and Ikuto Hidaka. They’re both incredibly talented. I’ve wrestled them in singles and tag team matches. Another favorite was the three-way with Styles and Sabin I mentioned, along with my series with Shocker during the summer.

BB: How about a dream match?

SHELLEY: I hope this doesn’t sound classless or untimely or anything, but I always wanted to wrestle Eddie Guerrero. The few times I met him he was a very kind man and I would have loved to get into the ring and wrestle and learn from him.

BB: Mike Tenay always talks about your wrestling videotape collection. How did that hobby come about?

SHELLEY: It started when I did some shows for a group called “Smart Mark Video”, who were kind enough to send me videos on all kinds of promotions and wrestlers. I was always intrigued by the different styles of wrestling all over the world. At the same time, I was impressed by so many of the guys WCW was bringing in during the lucha invasion, so I wanted to get videos on those wrestlers to see more of them. I ended up with a lot of Japanese and Lucha Libre videos.

BB: How many videos would you say you have?

SHELLEY: Not tons, but a fair amount. I’d say AT LEAST 200, maybe more.

BB: What’s your favorite wrestling style to watch on video now?

SHELLEY: I’ll watch anything, but lately I’ve been into British wrestling which is fun to watch and a really different style than a lot of fans in the United States are used to. I have a ton of Lucha tapes, which make up the majority of my collection.

BB: What’s the oddest tape you own?

SHELLEY: I’ve gotten tapes from kids wrestling each other with weed whackers, which is completely stupid and idiotic. How can they think that stuff is good? I also watch some promo videos – one I have has a guy named “Primal Warpath” in his own music video shot at a gothic church. The best part is when five “police officers” arrive to arrest Mr. Warpath – he fights them off by whipping them into trees and drop toe-holding them onto rocks and tree stumps. It’s more humorous than anything.

BB: What’s been some of the low-points in your career thus far?

SHELLEY: Well, injuries are never good. Along with shattering my jaw, I remember breaking my collarbone which sucked. There’s also been a few times where I couldn’t support myself and wrestle at the same time, so I thought about going back to school. I didn’t want to go back to school – I wanted to keep wrestling. Those were some tough decisions to make. Also, when Dusty took over and I sat home, that was incredibly frustrating.

BB: When all is said and done in your career, how would you like the fans to remember you?

SHELLEY: To simply be remembered by fans ten or twenty years from now is great – but I’d also like to be in the same group as a Benoit or Guerrero or Malenko - guys that traveled the world and became wrestling stars everywhere. I want to learn as many wrestling styles as I can and show them off to fans in the United States who may not have seen anything like me before.[/quote]

Thank you for tuning in to Demoliton Man's TNA Wrestling News. Stay tuned for Saucy Jack's General Wrestling News right here on CheapAssGamer.com.

[quote name='demomanTNA']A) I dare you to put my best there ever is/was/will be in your sig.
B) I'd buy that game. :D[/QUOTE]

A) Maybe I will... ;)

B) So would I, my friend... so would I.

Thanks for that interview/news. I heard that TNA has been pulling in good ratings with Impact! on Saturdays. That's great news; the shows have been pretty good.

Also, Francis, thanks for that article about Flair. I hope that those spousal abuse accusations aren't true. It sucks to find out that someone who is so great in the ring is a scumbag in real life (*cough* like Shawn Michaels *cough*).

Saturday Night's Main Event is returning (thanks, guyver). I called this months ago. It will compete directly w/the second half of Impact. Personally, w/the lack of good matches on WWE programming plus the way they've crapped on Eddie's memory it's no contest. Impact over SNME for me.

Time for Saucy Jack's rasslin' news! Brought to you by... umm... DemoMan, leave the thread for a minute, OK?

Best Buy! Turn on the fun!

In this issue: Sequel to Walking Tall in the works... and a top SmackDown! star unhappy with the Eddie angle from the special.

- Neither The Rock nor co-star Johnny Knoxville is expected to appear in the direct-to-DVD "Walking Tall" sequel that was announced by Sony. The plan is to recast the feature role of Chris Vaughn, which was portrayed by The Rock in the recent remake of the film.

-- Expressing outrage over the fact that the SmackDown! wrestlers agreed to take part in the controversial angle Tuesday, one top WWE wrestler sent the following email to reporter Dave Meltzer, who, while condemning the decision to run the angle, did not blame the wrestlers who were assigned to take part:

"Everyone has the power to say "No." Booking reprisals be damned. There comes a time when you have to stand up for what you believe in. Vincent Kennedy McMahon may have a hissy fit for a few weeks, but with the talent roster as thin as it is right now, nothing majorly bad would happen. Even if it did, it wouldn't last, because he has nobody else to carry the load. Shame on all of those guys."

Not to be a naysayer, but even though TNA is doing great now, I can't expect them to thrive being on Spike. Twice in the past TNN/Spike has totally fucked over a wrestling promotion, and although I hope it's different with TNA, I highly doubt it will be, considering they're less of a "household brand name" than either ECW or WWF/E were in their Spike runs.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Time for Saucy Jack's rasslin' news! Brought to you by... umm... DemoMan, leave the thread for a minute, OK?

Best Buy! Turn on the fun!

In this issue: Sequel to Walking Tall in the works... and a top SmackDown! star unhappy with the Eddie angle from the special.[/QUOTE]

I got a PWInsider subscription too :roll: :booty: :lol:

[quote name='The Dord']I got a PWInsider subscription too :roll: :booty: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. :lol:

The main purpose of my "news report" is just to compile all the news bits in one place. A lot of people are on CAG all day, and this makes one less trip for them. I fish through all the pop-up hell that is PWInsider and related sites so that my friends here don't have to. :)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You also got cool points for the TNG animations!! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nice animations. :cool:

Believe it or not, MORE bad news for Flair. I mean, I know what happens to people when they get mounted problems like this.. and I hope that's not what Flair does.

As if the traffic and wife situation couldn't get worse.. he's now being hunted by.. the IRS. And no Irwin jokes here, people, c'mon. That's too easy.

Pro wrestler Ric Flair has been pinned by the IRS over back taxes and is fighting a nasty divorce battle with his wife.

Flair, one of Charlotte's best-known celebrities, owed the federal government $1 million in 1997, according to a statement from his accountant. The IRS began garnishing Flair's wrestling salary this year, seizing more than $200,000 so far.

Flair and his wife Elizabeth separated in February after 22 years of marriage. In a divorce filing, she accuses Flair of "cruel behavior" and says he slapped, kicked, choked, threw, bit and spit on her and pulled her hair.

Her complaint, which was filed in May, also accuses Flair of abusing alcohol and steroids, causing him to become "enraged, paranoid, emotionally unbalanced and violent," and says he exposed himself to her friends and committed adultery.

Flair acknowledges in court filings that he had a "tumultuous" marriage, but he denies the abusive behavior and steroid use and says his wife is trying to humiliate him with the allegations.

He accuses her of destructive behavior and says she hit him -- not the other way around.

Flair, whose real name is Richard Fliehr, and his wife did not return calls for comment.

Flair's attorney also wouldn't comment on the allegations, saying the divorce "isn't news" because it was filed months ago.

"We're defending the case, and we're not going to talk about their domestic problems," said Bill Diehl, perhaps Charlotte's best-known lawyer. "She accused him of being a bad boy. He accused her of being a bad girl. That's where we stand."

Flair was in the news earlier this week after being accused of road rage on Interstate 485.

The divorce case file at the Mecklenburg County Courthouse has grown as thick as two phone books, stuffed with financial records, credit card bills and property tax records.

There's also a letter from the judge, ruling that Flair must pay Elizabeth $20,000 a month until the case is settled, based on their previous living expenses.

Judge Jane Harper says the payment includes $2,000 for gifts, which Harper calls "obscenely high although far less than she says she needs," and $200 for religious contributions. "Whether she makes this or not," the judge writes, "I've included it to encourage someone in this family to share a tiny smidgen of their huge wealth with someone besides themselves."

The judge also says she'll consider freezing the couple's assets until the case is decided, because Flair used money from a retirement account "to get $92,000 for his girlfriend's finger."

Flair, in response to his wife's complaint, denies her charges and says it was her abusive conduct that led him to leave her. His response and counterclaim, filed in August, calls her "emotionally unstable, verbally abusive and physically violent."

He also accuses his wife of hitting him in an effort to provoke him into retaliating physically.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police records going back to 2002 don't show any calls for service relating to domestic abuse at the Fliehrs' south Charlotte home.

Elizabeth says she once called police to report abuse and Flair pulled open a wrestling scar to appear bloody, so it would look like she attacked him.

Flair says he and his wife have been separated three times and that she condoned and encouraged his "marital misconduct."

The wrestler says he is involved with a woman who he has taken on trips and bought gifts, but he invokes his right to privacy on the question of whether the relationship is sexual.

Much of the case file deals with the family's financial situation and wrangling over money.

Flair says he and his wife "lived well beyond our means" and racked up substantial debt to the IRS and other creditors.

In an affidavit asking for support payments, Elizabeth estimates that she spends $65,000 a year on clothing and $50,000 on vacations. She said she spent $50,000 on Christmas gifts in 2004. The family also owns a boat, a country club membership, and a house in the Piper Glen neighborhood with an estimated $1.2 million tax value, according to court records.

Flair, known for his "Nature Boy" persona and piercing "Wooooo," said he's due to make $500,000 from his WWE contract this year. But he hasn't received a paycheck since April, he says, due to the IRS' actions.

Flair also says he's concerned about his future in wrestling.

"I am 56 years old," the star writes, "working in a business that demands physical fitness and is dominated by performers much younger than I.

"There is no guarantee that even next year, I will be employed."

Road Rage Charges

Ric Flair was charged last week with injury to personal property and simple assault and battery, both misdemeanors, after a 29-year-old driver filed a complaint against him.

The driver says Flair got out of his vehicle on Interstate 485 in Charlotte on Nov. 23, grabbed him by the neck and then kicked the door of his Toyota 4Runner, leaving a large dent.

Flair told the Observer on Monday that it didn't happen that way. "I didn't do anything wrong at all," Flair said in a phone interview. "As usual, I will be exonerated."

Flair surrendered to authorities at the Mecklenburg County jail Tuesday morning and was released on $1,000 bond less than two hours later.

Now the IRS is going after Flair? Shit...

Also, I thought I read a few weeks ago that Flair was engaged to be married. He's already getting married again when his divorce isn't final?

More news!

This time, wrestlers on non-WWE shows... and a WWE DVD release schedule (including an ECW release):

On Dec 4 @ 6pm on MTV, Kurt Angle will appear on a 1 hour episode of 'Made'. A teen boy who enjoys the performing arts learns to wrestle with help from amateur great Gene Mills and Kurt Angle.

- On Dec 8 @ 12pm on MTV, there will be a 2004 30 min repeat episode of 'Cribs' that had Torrie Wilson in it. It will replay on Dec 11th at 8am on MTV.

- On Dec 10 @ 9pm (with a 12:30 am late replay (so Dec 11)) on 'Ride with Funkmaster Flex', an episode involving Bill Goldberg will air on digital station 'Razer'. The episode will also replay on the 11th at 1:30 pm.

-- USA Network has sent out a press release promoting WWE’s trip to the middle east.

-- On 2/7/06, Doom starring The Rock will be released on DVD. The theatrical version will only be available in full-frame, and the unrated extended version will be in widescreen.

-- Thanks to Eric who sent this in. Here is a list of upcoming World Wrestling Entertainment DVD releases through March 2006:
12/27/05 - Survivor Series 2005
1/17/06 - 20 Years Too Soon: The Superstar Billy Graham Story
1/17/06 - Armageddon 2005
1/31/06 - WWE 2005 Rewind box set
2/7/06 - WWE New Year's Revolution 2006
2/7/05 - Bloodsport: ECW's Most Violent Matches
2/21/06 - WWE Divas 2006 (title to be announced)
2/28/06 - Royal Rumble 2006
3/21/06 - No Way Out 2006

[quote name='TheRock88']Saw this over at another message board. Cena does make weird faces.

294im.jpg
[/QUOTE]

They spelled "here" wrong. Dumbasses.

[quote name='Scorch']They spelled "here" wrong. Dumbasses.[/QUOTE]

And "really".

So, is anyone up for some online SD vs. Raw today?

Jamal was re-signed.... hmm.

As for the next thread, how about probably the most entertaining guy on Smackdown right now, a favorite ofmine for years, and the next World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton. Either him or someone from TNA.

[quote name='Matt Young']Jamal was re-signed.... hmm.

As for the next thread, how about probably the most entertaining guy on Smackdown right now, a favorite ofmine for years, and the next World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton. Either him or someone from TNA.[/QUOTE]

Next thread should be about The...

boogey9yh.jpg

BOOGEYMAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back