Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition - $29.99, $10 off Skyrim + guide

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
oblivion-anniversary2.jpg
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition
[IMG-L=5838]22778[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=5838]22779[/IMG-L]

image credit

Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
  • $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
  • Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
  • Steelbook case and slip cover
  • There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Release date: June 28, 2011 for PS3, 360, and PC

Amazon
:360: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']as long as you receive your credit before it goes to the shipping soon stage. Once you get your credit you can just apply it to that order.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic! Much thanks!

Two things.
1. Someone did point that out
2. Put that HUGE picture in a spoiler box please...it's too freakin big for the thread.

Edit...OR 3 just delete your post making my post completely pointless :p

interesting. I think I'm going to place a order for the PS3 version also and make my decision once there is a confirmation of added trophies

I actually have both console versions of Oblivion (bought the PS3 version and a friend sold me the 360 version as a package deal with his Xbox), and from the little bit I've played of each, the PS3 version seemed a little better. I didn't notice framerate hitches nearly as much in the PS3 version.

Also, there is a way around the PS3 GOTY vampirism bug, but you need a copy of the vanilla, non-GOTY PS3 version. The saves are mostly compatible, so if you need to do the bugged quest, you can take out the GOTY disc, pop in the vanilla disc--where the quest isn't bugged, and complete the quest, then save and put the GOTY disc back in.

I say *mostly* compatible because the above workaround can potentially do strange things with and/or disappear anything you've picked up in the Shivering Isles.

The vampirism bug is actually related to the Shivering Isles expansion, so shouldn't the same thing happen in the Xbox version if SI has been installed? Did they actually patch the Xbox version so that the vampire cure quest is fixed even with SI, or do they just count it as "fixed" since you can buy the vile lair on the Xbox version and bypass the vampire cure quest entirely?

[quote name='Brother Daz']interesting. I think I'm going to place a order for the PS3 version also and make my decision once there is a confirmation of added trophies[/QUOTE]
I'm grabbing 1 of each. 360 for me, ps3 for my brother, if it does have trophies ill play his copy later on to get them :p

Why are they being so cheap by not including all the DLCs. GOTY edition doesn't contain all DLCs. I already got this game but all DLC would have meant buy for me.

[quote name='laaj']Why are they being so cheap by not including all the DLCs. GOTY edition doesn't contain all DLCs. I already got this game but all DLC would have meant buy for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, having all DLC on disc would be a buy for me also. I wonder why they decided not to do an ultimate edition.

[quote name='bob330i']Yeah, having all DLC on disc would be a buy for me also. I wonder why they decided not to do an ultimate edition.[/QUOTE]
Because they don't want to kill their DLC sales.

The expansions are here which is great since they cost 40 bucks on their own, for the rest it's like another ummm 15 bucks I think?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Because they don't want to kill their DLC sales.

The expansions are here which is great since they cost 40 bucks on their own, for the rest it's like another ummm 15 bucks I think?[/QUOTE]

I have all of the DLC except for the two expansions, so this is actually perfect for me!

went ahead and pre-ordered this on amazon...i already own the game and all the DLC, but Oblivion is my favorite game of all time and this set looks pretty sweet!!!

[quote name='Darknuke']I would've gotten this if the coupon didn't require a strat guide. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did not realize this... that kind of makes this less intriguing now..

[quote name='BrolyB593']Yeah I did not realize this... that kind of makes this less intriguing now..[/QUOTE]Don't assume that this will be the case. Bethesda hasn't officially announced how the coupon will work, and I've talked with the CAG Kmart rep (SHC-Gamer) on Facebook about this--he said that Kmart will be getting copies of Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition, and that you shouldn't need to buy a guide with the game to use the coupon, according to what Bethesda told him.

[quote name='Vigilante']Don't assume that this will be the case. Bethesda hasn't officially announced how the coupon will work, and I've talked with the CAG Kmart rep (SHC-Gamer) on Facebook about this--he said that Kmart will be getting copies of Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition, and that you shouldn't need to buy a guide with the game to use the coupon, according to what Bethesda told him.[/QUOTE]

I hope that is the case! If it is as Josh said, I will buy it then.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I hope that is the case! If it is as Josh said, I will buy it then.[/QUOTE]

We're CAGs. Why aren't you waiting for Skyrim to drop to the inevitable $20-$30 price point in a few months or even better get a GOTY which will have all of the DLC? What's wrong with you, newb?

:lol:

So tempted by the PS3 version. I actually had it once upon a time and never got around to finishing it. The worst part is that you can't get all the DLC for PS3. As far as I know, the little stuff like the Fighter's Stronghold (or whatever it's called) isn't on PSN.

[quote name='imacgod']We're CAGs. Why aren't you waiting for Skyrim to drop to the inevitable $20-$30 price point in a few months or even better get a GOTY which will have all of the DLC? What's wrong with you, newb?

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Because it's Skyrim.

Pre-ordered the PC and 360, not sure which one I want yet. Also I'm guessing there will be another Bethesda pack during the inevitable Steam Summer sale... and it would probably include Fallout New Vegas... Anyone know if the summer sale will be before this ships?

[quote name='imacgod']We're CAGs. Why aren't you waiting for Skyrim to drop to the inevitable $20-$30 price point in a few months or even better get a GOTY which will have all of the DLC? What's wrong with you, newb?

:lol:[/QUOTE]There are some games that are so damn good. I want them first day. Skyrim is one of those. Mass Effect 3 is another.

[quote name='gotdott']Because it's Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

This!

I have not paid retail for more than like 5 games the past few years, but a game that will provide me with as many hours as Skyrim most likely will, I will gladly be shelling out retail, so an extra $10 off is good to me!

OP will you please update your title and post to reflect the $10 off is for Skyrim and its guide, not just the game. It is stated directly on the game case.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Now if only the guide would get a reprint[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, bro. I would pay TOP DOLLAR for an awesome guide reprint. Was there ever a Collector's Edition guide when this was first released? I am in for both the xbox and ps3 versions, 10 each, to resell, and 1 each for me! Thank you Ami and Beth -- Please give us a new guide!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']There are some games that are so damn good. I want them first day. Skyrim is one of those. Mass Effect 3 is another.[/QUOTE]

This. Also there's likely to be a CE that you will only be able to get via preorder. I've got a preorder in place with AZ for both but I have no doubt in my mind they will be upgraded to CEs once they become available. I have never seen a ME (1 or 2) CE in the wild and I'm still trying to find the first one for something less than a small fucking fortune.

Otherwise I would completely agree with waiting for a GoTY will all the DLC for $20. Finally got Fallout 3's recently for sub $20 and am waiting patiently for NV and RDR's eventual GoTYs to hit that price point. No way I'm waiting for Skyrim's and I doubt ME 3 will have one at all. I could see a triple pack with all the DLC far down the line but that's not worth waiting for.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This. Also there's likely to be a CE that you will only be able to get via preorder. I've got a preorder in place with AZ for both but I have no doubt in my mind they will be upgraded to CEs once they become available. I have never seen a ME (1 or 2) CE in the wild and I'm still trying to find the first one for something less than a small fucking fortune.

Otherwise I would completely agree with waiting for a GoTY will all the DLC for $20. Finally got Fallout 3's recently for sub $20 and am waiting patiently for NV and RDR's eventual GoTYs to hit that price point. No way I'm waiting for Skyrim's and I doubt ME 3 will have one at all. I could see a triple pack with all the DLC far down the line but that's not worth waiting for.[/QUOTE]If it's a good CE that actually is limited, I think it's worth the money.

The ES4 GOTY CE we have here, it's paying $8 or so after Amazon trade-in to get the steelbook. I can live with that.

I hope the Skyrim CE is actually good, as the ES4 one wasn't that great of a CE.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Now if only the guide would get a reprint[/QUOTE]One of the few "rare" guides that seems to be holding its value.

So I heard back from the guy who wrote the article at nitrobeard.com about the 200K figure. Here's his reply:

Hey Michael, as far as the limited nature of this Oblivion re-release, I obtained the information through the direct-order manufacturer, as they're sending out emails to get a feel on how many each of their stores should order. They sent out .pdf files, and a clunky excel spreadsheet, and only mentioned that 'top order percentage' stores were getting the title because of its limited run. That's why in the article, it only shows the Overstock.com page (as that's the only real online source I saw, but after the story broke, Amazon added up a listing). It's being published through Ingram Entertainment, the same company that did rentals for Blockbuster, Best Buy, and other major retailers. The 200,000 number was a 'rough estimate' that was able to flucuate, so if the demand is high enough, they'll probably press more copies. Ingram's picky about that type of stuff sometimes, though, so I wouldn't sit back and wait! Thanks for checking us out, man!

[quote name='shrike4242']
One of the few "rare" guides that seems to be holding its value.[/QUOTE]

Still have mine sitting in my basement!

[quote name='BrolyB593']Still have mine sitting in my basement![/QUOTE]

How CHEAP are you? Doesn't matter -- if you look like EZIO or SHEPARD I will pay any price for that guide. What's the condition?

[quote name='ssjmichael']So I heard back from the guy who wrote the article at nitrobeard.com about the 200K figure. Here's his reply:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that, although I'm baffled how "top order percentage" stores came be mean only mom and pop stores would get this.

[quote name='brentaw']If you hated it why would you want to buy it just because it comes in a new case, and with a coupon for a game you won't want?[/QUOTE]

who said im not interested in Skyrim? I liked Morrowind, just hated Oblivions enemy auto leveling. It made it pointless to increase your level at all since enemies just leveled and got much harder the higher you went. Completely changing the types of enemies that even spawned. Really dumb. It wasn't just the enemies too, gear was auto leveled too, so if you accidently did an important quest too early youd get a shit item. The actual leveling system was pretty broken too. You actually wound up picking skills you didn't want as your main abilities, it was ass backwards

the coupon for skyrim and the steelbook are whats appealing to me. Plus if it has all the DLC it may be worth it for some gamerscore and completion sake. No one really answered, does it have all the DLC or just the stuff the GOTY version had? Cuz the GOTY version was missing quite a bit (wizard tower, ect)

I love Oblivion. I've beat the game twice on 360 (earned all 1000 achievements for 2 different accounts), beat and earned half of the achievements on 360 for my friend and beat it again on PC. I had to beat Shivering Isles 3 times (I forgot to save before the last 2 achievements, so I had to replay it) and then beat it once again for my friend. I've always wanted to try the PS3 version, so I'll be grabbing that.

I can't wait for Skyrim either. With College, hopefully I don't F up my life because of this game.

[quote name='prettycrazy']I love Oblivion. I've beat the game twice on 360 (earned all 1000 achievements for 2 different accounts), beat and earned half of the achievements on 360 for my friend and beat it again on PC. I had to beat Shivering Isles 3 times (I forgot to save before the last 2 achievements, so I had to replay it) and then beat it once again for my friend. I've always wanted to try the PS3 version, so I'll be grabbing that.

I can't wait for Skyrim either. With College, hopefully I don't F up my life because of this game.[/QUOTE]

Are there separate achievements for the original version of Oblivion and GOTY, just like how there are separate achievements for Arkham Asylum and it's GOTY versions? xbox360achievements.com has two entries for Oblivion but I've never seen or heard anyone remark that there are two separate lists of achievements.

And if it's true then hell damn yes I'm getting this.

Are coupons like this generally just for instore pickups?

Id like to get skyrim but problem is Ill likely get it off amazon and if Im getting it online if I cant use that coupon then it ruins the one thing that would put me over the edge and buy this.

[quote name='hamberger']Are there separate achievements for the original version of Oblivion and GOTY, just like how there are separate achievements for Arkham Asylum and it's GOTY versions? xbox360achievements.com has two entries for Oblivion but I've never seen or heard anyone remark that there are two separate lists of achievements.

And if it's true then hell damn yes I'm getting this.[/QUOTE]

I don't know for sure, but I don't think so because AFAIK the GOTY is just the regular Oblivion disc and the Shivering Isles disc relabeled. Could be wrong, though.

[quote name='gargus']Are coupons like this generally just for instore pickups?

Id like to get skyrim but problem is Ill likely get it off amazon and if Im getting it online if I cant use that coupon then it ruins the one thing that would put me over the edge and buy this.[/QUOTE]
I am pretty sure it's going to be in store only since I don't think there is a way for Amazon to accept coupons. Given the recent trend at K-mart there might be a nice credit deal on it there so it still could be good to buy it at retail.

[quote name='hamberger']Are there separate achievements for the original version of Oblivion and GOTY, just like how there are separate achievements for Arkham Asylum and it's GOTY versions? xbox360achievements.com has two entries for Oblivion but I've never seen or heard anyone remark that there are two separate lists of achievements.

And if it's true then hell damn yes I'm getting this.[/QUOTE]

Those are probably foreign versions. If you look Gears of War 2, there's one that has one less achievement and that is apparently the Japanese version. And I'm pretty sure playing Oblivion GOTY, it was listed as the regular Oblivion in my profile, not a separate game.

Oh those achievement whores and playing foreign versions just to up their gamerscore. :lol: I guess Arkham Asylum GOTY is just to make them happy since the achievements are no different from the original game.

Does anyone know if gamestop is getting this? I just remembered I have $20 worth of credit from my last trade in with them and I wouldn't mind using it here.

I hope they get it but as of yesterday there is no mention of it in their system in store and there is nothing on their website for the game either. The manager of my local GS said that since it comes out in a month and they have no mention of it in their system they may not get it, which I find out. But I decided to pre-order it at Best Buy just to be safe.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I hope they get it but as of yesterday there is no mention of it in their system in store and there is nothing on their website for the game either. The manager of my local GS said that since it comes out in a month and they have no mention of it in their system they may not get it, which I find out. But I decided to pre-order it at Best Buy just to be safe.[/QUOTE]
Ok, I might as well preorder it from Amazon then. This way if gamestop does preorders, I can just cancel the Amazon one. Don't want to tie up my bank card in hopes of a gamestop preorder.

Actually wait, before I preorder do we have any confirmation on whether or not you need the guide for the $10 off? Reason I ask is if K-mart has a sweet deal on this, I am so going to grab it at k-mart and I know they wont have the guide.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok, I might as well preorder it from Amazon then. This way if gamestop does preorders, I can just cancel the Amazon one. Don't want to tie up my bank card in hopes of a gamestop preorder.

Actually wait, before I preorder do we have any confirmation on whether or not you need the guide for the $10 off? Reason I ask is if K-mart has a sweet deal on this, I am so going to grab it at k-mart and I know they wont have the guide.[/QUOTE]Not sure if you'll consider this confirmation, but Josh (SHC-Gamer) said on his FB page that Bethesda told him you shouldn't have to buy the guide with the game to use the coupon.

[quote name='Vigilante']Not sure if you'll consider this confirmation, but Josh (SHC-Gamer) said on his FB page that Bethesda told him you shouldn't have to buy the guide with the game to use the coupon.[/QUOTE]
That's enough for me. I consider Josh 100% trustworthy on these things.

I need confirmation of Steamworks / Steamachieves before I buy. If those are not included then this is a hard no buy for both myself and any self-respecting gamer who's been around for the past 5 years. (i.e. if you don't already have Oblivion... you don't deserve videogames).

Carry on!

bread's done
Back