Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

These are some kinda lame achievements though, simple task kind of stuff. Doesn't seem to be much along the lines of what Mass Effect had.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']These are some kinda lame achievements though, simple task kind of stuff. Doesn't seem to be much along the lines of what Mass Effect had.[/quote]
Some are kinda lame, but others are pretty cool too. And don't get me started on Mass Effect. I absolutely love the game, but screw using the same terrible biotic move 5000 times or whatever for a stupid achievement >_

[quote name='YodaEXE']Some are kinda lame, but others are pretty cool too. And don't get me started on Mass Effect. I absolutely love the game, but screw using the same terrible biotic move 5000 times or whatever for a stupid achievement >_

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Mass Effect's "Do almost every fucking sidequest with every ally character" bullshit can eat me.[/quote]

Yeah, those sucked, but the ones where you had to try out the various skills were pretty cool.

Okay Mass Effect was a bad example. But what I meant was these Fable APs are basically just tasks you do based on the description. They could have kept these relatively simple tasks and did NOT provide descriptions for them. So you'd have no clue how to unlock them but for the potential clue in the Achievement name. A scavenger hunt of sorts, where it might not require skill, but would be tough to get them.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Okay Mass Effect was a bad example. But what I meant was these Fable APs are basically just tasks you do based on the description. They could have kept these relatively simple tasks and did NOT provide descriptions for them. So you'd have no clue how to unlock them but for the potential clue in the Achievement name. A scavenger hunt of sorts, where it might not require skill, but would be tough to get them.[/quote]

I see your point, but in the end it's just achievement points you know. At least they made that effort for that orgy joke in there though :lol:.

Acievements look great, and this game has me excited. If it sticks close to the formula that made the original Fable so great, I won't be dissapointed.

I got the LE and pub games code e-mailed to me for $67 from Amazon with release day shipping, however, I think the deal is $79.99 now.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I got the LE and pub games code e-mailed to me for $67 from Amazon with release day shipping, however, I think the deal is $79.99 now.[/QUOTE]

Did the pre order and Amazon stated that they didn't have any codes left. So I canceled it with them.

[quote name='xtchuh']What's the best store to pre-order this game? I want to be able to receive the Pub Games Code.[/quote]I've gotten in on both the Circuit City and Amzon deals, but they're both dead now. I'm cancelling my CC deal, even though it's a little bit cheaper (After tax on the $60 game it's about $66, so a couple bucks more for fast shipping is worth it.)

I can't wait for Fable 2 to come out! I was on the fence for a long time about getting a 360, but I had to get one, if only for this game. Is anyone interested in starting a list of gamer tags so we can get a running list for possible co-op?

[quote name='HotShotX']Joystiq is reporting a quote from Peter Molyneux that the Pub Games 'glitch' was intentional, and that there will be consequences for those who exploited it. [...][/quote]

I was wondering how they could miss that glitch. There was a similar money glitch in fable 1 when donating to the temple of Avo.

Interview with Molyneux on giant bomb...
http://www.giantbomb.com/molyneux-uncut-and-unedited/17-49/

Some how I doubt there will be anyway for them to actually track who did or didn't use this exploit since the pub games themselves are made by a 3rd party company. And as far as it being intentional, I don't think so.

Yeah, it's probably just talk to make people stop doing the glitch (if they didn't do the auto update)/ get them to play the game normally. It will be pretty cool if they do dish out some punishment for cheating, though.

[quote name='sj41']Yeah, it's probably just talk to make people stop doing the glitch (if they didn't do the auto update)/ get them to play the game normally. It will be pretty cool if they do dish out some punishment for cheating, though.[/quote]

No it wouldn't, that would be stupid. Peter Molyneux is a douche if he expects people to believe that was put in intentionally. It was a mistake and he's covering his ass. If I'm going to start Fable II with shit against me for doing the "glitch," I almost don't even want to play it.

[quote name='DanMH']I can't wait for Fable 2 to come out! I was on the fence for a long time about getting a 360, but I had to get one, if only for this game. Is anyone interested in starting a list of gamer tags so we can get a running list for possible co-op?[/QUOTE]

Id certainly be interested in doing this. Sorry I just got my 360 so i am not down with all the news... but is this local split screen co op as well offline? Like could I have my buddy over and play 2 player story mode with him?

[quote name='Trakan']No it wouldn't, that would be stupid. Peter Molyneux is a douche if he expects people to believe that was put in intentionally. It was a mistake and he's covering his ass. If I'm going to start Fable II with shit against me for doing the "glitch," I almost don't even want to play it.[/quote]

I think he's bullshitting because the save file for the Pub Games is just a text file. There's no way to convey if you cheated or not. But I'm not going to get the game right away on the 21st. I'm going to wait and see if and what is done before trying to import the goods.

EDIT: Pub Games has been patched. So we'll see what it does.

[quote name='KingBroly']EDIT: Pub Games has been patched. So we'll see what it does.[/quote]

The patch was stupid! All that seems to have happened is you're unable to raise your bet at the last moment.....a waste of time and energy just for that.

WHAT!? He's been spouting off about this feature for months, the game went gold and said it was complete, and it's not ? What crap. Total, utter, crap.

If they charge for this feature, then it is a major scam. It looks like they just don't have it worked out yet, so I don't understand why they don't push the release date back a week to get this working. They obviously haven't been in any rush to get this out the door, and I think it hurts them more to release an unfinished product than it does to release it a week later.

[quote name='sj41']If they charge for this feature, then it is a major scam. It looks like they just don't have it worked out yet, so I don't understand why they don't push the release date back a week to get this working. They obviously haven't been in any rush to get this out the door, and I think it hurts them more to release an unfinished product than it does to release it a week later.[/quote]
The game goes gold about a month before it ships. She they would have to push the release back a month, possibly a month and a half and then would have to compete with Gears 2 and Resistance 2,plus other games. By releasing it on schedule then gives them a month to work on the patch which can ship out as soon as a week after the game launches.

I'd rather them just delay this one part of the game then delay the whole game. It seems like this way works best for everyone. We get to play the single player on time, and they get to release the game on time, so why would anyone want them to delay the entire game?

They should add a new mode in Pub Games where you can guess what date the online coop will actually be patched in. I'd put my gold on Christmas time. If they've been doing nothing since E3 but working on the netcode and it's still shit then I'd be shocked if it makes it out much sooner than that.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Online coop is nice, but people can screw up your world, right?[/quote]

There are different security options that you can set that determines what someone can do in your game.

I have been waffling between Fable 2 and Fallout 3 for a while now and this is pushing me towards Fallout 3. I highly doubt that online co-op will be patched in within a week and it is bullshit to think it could be weeks or months before an announced, and highly-touted feature of the game will be made available. Hell, but that time we'll all be finished with the game.

At least I know I have no online options at all with Fallout 3.

um... so... does this ship with offline co-op?
boy they just dont know how to properly set expectations with this series eh?

so much for getting that monkey off their back

I went into Fable with no expectations, and it ended up being my favorite game of all time. I'm doing the same with this, so this game is going to have to be pretty bad to disappoint me.

Now... as long as they don't make us pay for the co-op download, I don't see the problem. While I always thought the idea was cool, Fable is a single expierience at its core, so I'm not too upset about it. Regardless of all the features announced, this was ALWAYS going to be the one that would be a problem... I mean, just logistically it was a nightmare. People dropping in and out who can mess up your world? I can't even imagine how tough that's going to be to pull off.

Still, as long as it shows up (and for free) eventually, I don't see this as being a dealbreaker in any way.

Maybe just the LE will launch with it. ;)

I am pretty pumped for this game overall, but with LittleBigPlanet coming out the same day and with Molyneux running his mouth about that glitch being intentional, I just may wait for a price drop on this one. I have got too much to play as it is. I guess we shall see.

BTW - The glitch won't affect me as I have kept myself in the negative. I want to see what happens when I start off with debt.

I'm a solo gamer anyway, so this co-op stuff doesn't really matter to me. It's weird how quick people are to jump on Molyneux's case. The guy's passionate, he wants to talk abou his 'baby' and sometimes he says too much. I can't blame him for that.

[quote name='guyver2077']so what are the le contents? i got it preordered for 66.99 but may get the regular edition to get the $10 card[/QUOTE]

In game content = extra dungeon, cutlass sword, Master Chief outfit
Hobbe figure
5 fate cards
bonus/making of DVD
probably some fancy schmancy tin case

Check out a few pages into the thread. There's a nice link to a huge pic of the LE stuff.

The LE Contents have shrunk and so has the MSRP....lame

fable2newspecedition.jpg

Fable 2 CE now less collectible and less expensive

Microsoft just made an interesting announcement today regarding the Fable 2 Collector's Edition, by revealing that the retail price has dropped from $79 to $69, but they also removed a few of the edition's limited items.

Due to "supply chain issues", the Collector's Edition will no longer include the premium packaging, five fate cards or the adorable Hobbe Qee figure. Sad, depressing and crappy news! The new and $10 cheaper CE will be comprised of a copy of Fable 2, a making-of DVD and bonus in-game content ("The Hall of the Dead" Dungeon, "The Wreckager" Legendary Cutlass Weapon, and Spartan armor with energy sword). The new price for this less collectible CE is $69. Just think at how amazing that Hobbe figure would have been ... humph!

Finally, Lionhead is giving away a sampling of Fable and Fable II music tracks for free through Sumthing Digital. The album download will be free beginning October 6th and can be accessed by entering promo code "FableCollection" over at SumthingDigital.com.
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10/01/fable-2-ce-now-less-collectible-and-less-expensive/

I'm going to keep my pre-order for the fact I've already got it paid off and it still has some bonus content. I know they will probably release most if not all of that content on Live later at a cost, but I get it all at the start. Also, the collector in me can't not get that because it is a game I'm looking forward to alot.

bread's done
Back