Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

Like I said in the other (now closed) thread, I was only really getting it for the figurine and the fact that I was already only paying $70 for it through Amazon. If Amazon changes it so I can get a $10 gift card with the LE I'll keep it, but otherwise I'll just switch to the $60 version and get the $10 gift card. It isn't worth $20 (with the gift card) just for the DLC and some DVD I'll never watch.

I was looking forward to the figurine...looks like i'll be canceling my pre-order. Now, should i get COD5 or save it for Left 4 Dead...?

Yup... I have to throw my hat in with the 'cancelling' bunch. It's not that I don't want the LE, it's just... a lessened want now.

I figure I'll cancel my CC.com order and just hope I luck into one at B&M... if not, eh. I won't really feel like I'm missing out on anything now. As many said, the DLC is nice, but I was mainly looking forward to the figure (and the cards).

Alright. I just canceled my order on Amazon.com and pre-ordered the regular version with the $10 gift card. I can put the $10 towards my pre-order of Fallout 3 collectors edition from Amazon :)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Alright. I just canceled my order on Amazon.com and pre-ordered the regular version with the $10 gift card. I can put the $10 towards my pre-order of Fallout 3 collectors edition from Amazon :)[/quote]

I'll wait a few more days to think about it, but I have a feeling I'll be doing the same.

Hey. Remember when we used to play games to - you know - play the game?

[quote name='Brak']Hey. Remember when we used to play games to - you know - play the game?[/quote]
Your point? I'm not going to pay $10 extra for a making of DVD and DLC. I'm sure the DLC will be available on XBL eventually and the DVD i could get online for free.

[quote name='SynGamer']Your point? I'm not going to pay $10 extra for a making of DVD and DLC. I'm sure the DLC will be available on XBL eventually and the DVD i could get online for free.[/quote]

Its because some people are completely giving up on the game because the LE won't have the originally announced content. Read the comments above. I honestly can't believe how much of an impact its already had on CAG...hope the rest of the world doesn't feel the same way. I personally think it sucks...but they were extras, I'm still looking towards the full game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its because some people are completely giving up on the game because the LE won't have the originally announced content. Read the comments above. I honestly can't believe how much of an impact its already had on CAG...hope the rest of the world doesn't feel the same way. I personally think it sucks...but they were extras, I'm still looking towards the full game.[/quote]
Personally, i know the game will be on sale sometime down the road, whether it be $20 off or more. So if i can't get the LE with the items originally stated (which i wanted), then i'll wait for a price drop.

I'm looking forward to the game still, but I wish they would have announced this 3 to 6 months ago instead of a month before release. They should have known sooner about these "supply chain issues".

[quote name='Brak']Hey. Remember when we used to play games to - you know - play the game?[/quote]

I 100 percent agree.

So in other words their whole supply of stuff people would want in a LE will be going to magazine editors so they dont get a bad review on their game? At this rate they may as well cancel the LE version altogether.

Note to DVD and Video Game publishers: No one cares about making of features, if youve seen one then youve seen them all.

Oh well, I will wait a week or so to see what Amazon does (lowers their price, offers a GC whatever) if nothing I will be one of the people canceling the order and not reordering any version. In the end it will be like making $67=-)

[quote name='Guerrilla']Sucks but meh- my LE Fable only cost $59.99 shipped from Circuit City, so no biggie. I would have liked the figure though.[/quote]

Same here, but we also had to buy that $10 gift card to get it at this price.

So does anyone know what kind of case the LE will now ship in?

Add me to cancelled. I give less than a crap about "making of", but I'm a sucker for figures and things to stick on my shelves. Making-of disk is negative value to me, and I don't think the in-game bonus content is worth ten bucks.
That's a big drop, a lot of stuff being cancelled, awfully close to release date. And I'd have to keep an eye on my preorder to make sure the price drop was applied appropriately, since I didn't get in when it was 69.99 with the GC.
This might move me to getting it at a later time as well, since there's now really no motivation to buy it on release date (as in, no special bonus like the LE). Very disappointing.

I'm cancelling my amazon/CC preorders since I'm only saving a few dollars now, but I'll still get the LE at BB where I have a lot of credit that I got cheaply. I wasn't very interested in the figure/cards/big tin box anyways, so this is saving me a lot of money by not having to buy useless junk.

If the LE is now just a normal case that fits on my DVD rack with 2 discs, the manual, and a sheet that has the code for DLC, I'll be perfectly happy. I like making of videos, so it's not a waste of $10 to me.

The degree of the game being unfinished is increasing, though. At this point, I just hope the game can start up properly.

I was looking forward to getting all of the CE swag... but alas, the Microsoft Disappointment Crew have struck again. I'm sticking with the pre-order b/c of the sale that CC had awhile back.

Is the "supply chain issues" something like "we wanted to cut down on costs, and sell the hobbe to you separately"? The hobbe was the coolest thing about the CE.

This is a huge disappointment. I got in on the CC deal, but since the price dropped, it's no longer a deal and since it just dropped to MSRP, it's not like we're going to see any money back. Since I already got the GC, I'm not even sure I can cancel if I want to. Frankly, I don't know what to do with this. I'm pretty stunned about this.

Seriously, maybe I could let the figure go, but are you telling me they ran into supply problems manufacturing some cards and a BOX??????

Bingo... that's my biggest issue, is that the CC thing is no longer a 'deal', especially considering that I ordered RIGHT after they stopped doing the $10 GC (even though it was still listed).

Couple that with the shipping I paid to get it day 1... yeah, this just isn't a deal anymore. I'm still damnably excited for the game, but I now no longer see any benefit to ordering online. I *might* do in-store pick-up at GS if they ever put the LE back up, though.

[quote name='Decker']This is a huge disappointment. I got in on the CC deal, but since the price dropped, it's no longer a deal and since it just dropped to MSRP, it's not like we're going to see any money back. Since I already got the GC, I'm not even sure I can cancel if I want to. Frankly, I don't know what to do with this. I'm pretty stunned about this.

Seriously, maybe I could let the figure go, but are you telling me they ran into supply problems manufacturing some cards and a BOX??????[/quote]

I think you can cancel, since CC charges the $10 giftcard as an individual item for $10.

The whole "supply problems" excuse reeks of BS though, so I'd cancel if I wasn't getting the LE for the same as the standard price.

CC is pretty easy to cancel... all you have to do is click a button in your order history on the site. If it works, you're good. If not... call them. Just because you got a GC doesn't mean they can force you to keep the pre-order.

If anything, I'd say 'supply problems' actually means they had TOO much demand for the LE. BioShock underlined how difficult it is to do a figure with a game, but that only work because they actually LIMITED it. The Fable 2 LE doesn't actually seem to be limited... at all... so I'd assume that they got too many orders to actually produce the extras in time. They shot themselves in the foot with this one and, like most of Molyneaux's ideas, stuff was promised before the logistics were worked out.

[quote name='SynGamer']Your point? I'm not going to pay $10 extra for a making of DVD and DLC. I'm sure the DLC will be available on XBL eventually and the DVD i could get online for free.[/QUOTE]
... did anyone say that you had to? :dunce:

And my point was: It's hilarious that people are so outraged by the loss of a couple of lousy trinkets, that they're not going to buy the game. At all. Period.

[quote name='Brak']... did anyone say that you had to? :dunce:

And my point was: It's hilarious that people are so outraged by the loss of a couple of lousy trinkets, that they're not going to buy the game. At all. Period.[/quote]
Well those people i feel sorry for. I simply said i'm canceling my CE since i was looking forward to the figure (which was cut from the package). Considering games cost $60 these days and often don't deliver, it was nice to see a CE that had a little bit of substance...and then to have it gutted 3 weeks from release, a bit disappointing. I'll still be getting the regular edition, i already stated that...i just don't know when. Hopefully i can find a good deal on it shortly after launch. I am a cheap ass you know ;) :dunce:

I, for one, was glad to hear this news. I only wanted the DL content anyway. The Fate cards were the only other item I was remotely interested in. No biggie. Now I'm saving 10$.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its because some people are completely giving up on the game because the LE won't have the originally announced content. Read the comments above. I honestly can't believe how much of an impact its already had on CAG...hope the rest of the world doesn't feel the same way. I personally think it sucks...but they were extras, I'm still looking towards the full game.[/quote]

I am not in this boat, as I never had an interest in the LE. However, I think the thing that makes some CAGs buy at launch of a title is the extra swag. Otherwise, why not just go back to their CAG ways and wait for the game to drop in price?

I have gone back and forth myself on the regular edition. I don't like to buy games at full price and the discussion of several different things being cut isn't helping sway me to a blind purchase on it. I may wait to rent it or buy it on the cheap now after I know everything has been ironed out with updates and such.

Amazon sent me this after they explained how the LE is worthless:

To help you pass the time until the Limited Edition ships, a special Fable album has been created and is being offered for free download for a limited time. Go to www.sumthingdigital.com , and enter the FableCollection promotion code. This will be available beginning October 6, 2008 @ 9am PST.

[quote name='musha666']Amazon sent me this after they explained how the LE is worthless:

To help you pass the time until the Limited Edition ships, a special Fable album has been created and is being offered for free download for a limited time. Go to www.sumthingdigital.com , and enter the FableCollection promotion code. This will be available beginning October 6, 2008 @ 9am PST.[/quote]

Yeah I got the same email, switched my order to the RE with the $10 GC.

Well Amazon wouldn't change my order to the standard, (I guess because I used the $20 off BML promotion, they said they couldn't because I "got the promotion") so I can't get the gift card, but they did take $10 off of it, so I'll get the extra DLC and DVD thing for no added cost anyway. Maybe I can sell it.

[quote name='SpazX']Well Amazon wouldn't change my order to the standard, (I guess because I used the $20 off BML promotion, they said they couldn't because I "got the promotion") so I can't get the gift card, but they did take $10 off of it, so I'll get the extra DLC and DVD thing for no added cost anyway. Maybe I can sell it.[/quote]

They didn't "change" mine either, I cancelled the LE and ordered the RE.

Guess it was ok as I didn't use any of the promos, except the Pub Games one.

[quote name='benjamouth']They didn't "change" mine either, I cancelled the LE and ordered the RE.[/quote]

Yeah if I did that I couldn't get the $20 off as the promotion doesn't exist anymore.

The best I could do is the $15 off and get the $10 gift certificate, I guess, putting me up $5 in Amazon money, but hopefully the DLC is worth that or more.

So after the mishap on the LE editions of Fable 2, they decided to offer a free download of 3 songs from Fable, and 3 songs from Fable 2.

It said to go to https://www.sumthingdigital.com/index.aspx and type FableCollection into the promo box and will be available on Oct.6, but I just clicked on the Fable 2 collection image on the right side of the screen, and it downloaded them for me.

It has the opening theme for Fable 2 which you hear in most of the game trailers that I really liked.

Yea I got this e-mail too from Amazon. I'm kind of bummed that this is what they give us after we get screwed on the LE figure. I was hoping for a $10 gift card...

[quote name='Pck21']Yea I got this e-mail too from Amazon. I'm kind of bummed that this is what they give us after we get screwed on the LE figure. I was hoping for a $10 gift card...[/quote]

I would be a bit bummed if it were Amazon's fault and we didn't get a gift card or promo certificate, but this is completely the publisher's fault. I don't expect them to send out a slew of $10 gift cards for something they had no control over.

Me either. I thought the free music was quite a nice gift. But I wasn't too attatched to the idea of the figure or the cards.
I don't like them changeing the deal just before release, but crap happens.

I am still hoping that Microsoft, which is who I assume dropped the ball somewhere, will make some sort of offering too, but I doubt it.

[quote name='Lord Twisted']Me either. I thought the free music was quite a nice gift. But I wasn't too attatched to the idea of the figure or the cards.
I don't like them changeing the deal just before release, but crap happens.

I am still hoping that Microsoft, which is who I assume dropped the ball somewhere, will make some sort of offering too, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maromi']I would be a bit bummed if it were Amazon's fault and we didn't get a gift card or promo certificate, but this is completely the publisher's fault. I don't expect them to send out a slew of $10 gift cards for something they had no control over.[/QUOTE]

You both are right. Amazon isn't to blame but I'm just bummed about not getting some of the cool stuff that was promised by the publisher. I'm actually happy that they kept the in-game stuff because that means more game play in the end which I like.

Fable music is actually available now, just to the right of the promo code. There is a picture of Fable on there.

Think it's Fable 1 actually...:whistle2:k

I received the email as well. It is cool of them to give away songs, but this will definitely not keep me from cancelling my pre-order for the LE and just grabing the regular version.

I can't believe how badly Microsoft screwed up the CE of Fable 2. The cards and the figure first, now the soundtrack and the developer diaries videos. It's not worth even $10 more now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The LE version of Fable 2 went from the top of my want list all the way to the very bottom.

And giving away "free" downloadable songs is stupid. WOW, they put a lot of effort posting music to download when they already had digital versions of every song of the game. If it was a physical soundtrack, it would be MUCH better.

[quote name='Lord Twisted']I think there was a physical soundtrack...key word, "Was".[/quote]

No it wasn't part of the CE.

bread's done
Back