Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

How much more can this game fail at launch? Definitely glad I canceled in favor of LBP.

I mean I canceled mine at the sign of no online co-op, but this is starting to get ridiculous, it just seems really unprepared for a game out in less than 3 weeks.

I'll definitely pick it up some point next year though, just bigger priorities unless they get their act together.

I canceled my pre-order too. Why pay the $66.99 for the LE at Amazon (which was an awesome deal when it was $79.99) when you can cancel and get the regular at $59.99 and they give you a $10 gift code that you don't get with the LE? A making of DVD and some DLC isn't worth a $16.99 difference to me. I'm not even sure I'm going to get it at release now, I think I'll just wait and get it when the price starts to come down. Some free music tracks aren't enough to sway me. What a botched release for one of their key releases this holiday season.

There are 4? new songs in that download of the 6 in the file (1Fable Theme, 2Oakvale, 3Witchwood, 4WraithMarsh, 5SummerFields, 6Westcliff) the first song and the last 3 are new to me. The songs are new to me even though i have the Fable OST. Just thought i might clear that up for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ProtoEXE88']How much more can this game fail at launch? Definitely glad I canceled in favor of LBP.

I mean I canceled mine at the sign of no online co-op, but this is starting to get ridiculous, it just seems really unprepared for a game out in less than 3 weeks.

I'll definitely pick it up some point next year though, just bigger priorities unless they get their act together.[/quote]

There will be 2 person non online co-op at launch but as PM said there will be a short delay for the online co-op. I fail to see how not being able to use this feature first day or not getting a 3 inch tall (MacDonald's look alike) toy could warrant not ordering what will become an epic game (even if one was to only play single player).

[quote name='kunfumike']There will be 2 person non online co-op at launch but as PM said there will be a short delay for the online co-op. I fail to see how not being able to use this feature first day or not getting a 3 inch tall (MacDonald's look alike) toy could warrant not ordering what will become an epic game (even if one was to only play single player).[/quote]

I don't know if it's an issue of never playing the game, but there is certainly less reason to get it at launch. Obviously I don't speak for everyone, but in order for me to pay full price on new releases, I usually need an incentive. I tend to pick up LE's or games with a bonus that I think are cool at launch. Well, that and games that I expect to have trouble finding later. Neither of these now apply to Fable 2. I can wait for it to be cheaper now that the LE doesn't come with anything that I find value in.

[quote name='kunfumike']There will be 2 person non online co-op at launch but as PM said there will be a short delay for the online co-op. I fail to see how not being able to use this feature first day or not getting a 3 inch tall (MacDonald's look alike) toy could warrant not ordering what will become an epic game (even if one was to only play single player).[/quote]

I agree with NDPsycho in that games are only worth picking up at launch if they offer some cool pre-order bonus (physical, not downloaded or costume code crap) OR come in a LE/CE/SE. If not, then I always just wait til it hits $19.99 or less. There are WAY too many games (for cheap) and multiple systems to rush out and purchase games near launch, throwing away $60. True CAG's are supposed to have backlogs in the hundreds by now, so what's the hurry? My PS3 and X360 have never even been hooked up online, and I never care about online co-op or multiplayer anything when purchasing a game, only the figures, cards, CD, special case they may come with.

I went to Gamestop last night to cancel this fiasco and direct that money towards the Resistance CE, which I pray doesn't have the same fate as this one did! I'll pick Fable 2 up next year at Wallies or some place for $20 or less, when it makes financial sense to add it to the backlog.:lol:

[quote name='liono55']I agree with NDPsycho in that games are only worth picking up at launch if they offer some cool pre-order bonus (physical, not downloaded or costume code crap) OR come in a LE/CE/SE. If not, then I always just wait til it hits $19.99 or less. There are WAY too many games (for cheap) and multiple systems to rush out and purchase games near launch, throwing away $60. True CAG's are supposed to have backlogs in the hundreds by now, so what's the hurry? My PS3 and X360 have never even been hooked up online, and I never care about online co-op or multiplayer anything when purchasing a game, only the figures, cards, CD, special case they may come with.

I went to Gamestop last night to cancel this fiasco and direct that money towards the Resistance CE, which I pray doesn't have the same fate as this one did! I'll pick Fable 2 up next year at Wallies or some place for $20 or less, when it makes financial sense to add it to the backlog.:lol:[/quote]

I guess i would normally agree with you on most to those points seeing as how i have not bought a new game in over a year and have just traded for a few games on goozex (like gta4). I am just really bias when it comes to fable 2 since i enjoyed fable so much and watched a few of my friends, who normally detest any rpg, play all the way through fable and then thank me for lending fable to them. Seeing as how much longer fable 2 should be over fable 1 lending the game out won't be a viable option. If fable 2 is a truly good game that receives the attention that it deserves then it might end up like COD4 that is 45$ used almost a year latter. If the difference between buying the game at launch and much latter (when the publisher won't see a dime) is a MacDonalds 3inch toy and pieces of paper, instead of the hundreds of hours of artistic gameplay, then maybe this game or video games in general aren't for you. perhaps collecting yo-gi-oh cards and action figures is more in line with wht you seem to seek.

[quote name='kunfumike']I guess i would normally agree with you on most to those points seeing as how i have not bought a new game in over a year and have just traded for a few games on goozex (like gta4). I am just really bias when it comes to fable 2 since i enjoyed fable so much and watched a few of my friends, who normally detest any rpg, play all the way through fable and then thank me for lending fable to them. Seeing as how much longer fable 2 should be over fable 1 lending the game out won't be a viable option. I fable i a truly good game that receives the attention that it deserves then it might end up like COD4 that is 45$ used almost a year latter. If the difference between buying the game at launch and much latter (when the publisher won't see a dime) is a MacDonalds 3inch toy and pieces of paper, instead of the hundreds of hours of artistic gameplay, then maybe this game or video games in general aren't for you. perhaps collecting yo-gi-oh cards and action figures is more in line with wht you seem to seek.[/quote]

:cool:
LOL, I'm not going to lie, even I got a chuckle out of that one! My step-son is the residential collector of all things Yu-gi-oh and has a nice size action figure collection, so no thanks, I'll leave those types of toys for him to acquire. You seem to be pretty good in making baseless, personalized assumptions about one's interests, so would I be wrong in assuming that you're literally some scatterbrained Molyneux circle-jerker that needs to practice more critical thinking before having anymore "renued" thoughts? Perhaps you should have directed some more of your energy towards ole 'Petah' and had him make sure my McDonalds figure and pieces of paper were left intact, so that he could have recieved a couple more purchases from the part of the gaming community that were waiting to purchase these items.

As to the other part of your statement, I purchased Oblivion CE for $10, Blue Dragon for $15, Eternal Sonota for $10, and Lost Odyssey for $15, all brand new, so I have absolutely no doubt I'll be able to find Fable 2 in this same capacity soon enough. Sorry, but I care about money first (LE/CE/SE I make exceptions for), developers second which is why I visit CAG for all my gaming needs. Contrary to common fear mongering, games are not going to disappear anytime soon...no matter if Lionhead Studios is around or not. If getting your jollies off of watching friends enjoy thier first RPG and losing yourself in their hundreds of hours of artistic gameplay are your fortay, perhaps getting the most for less from this game or CAG in general is not for you. Maybe the community over at Lionhead or RPGforumsonline are what you seem to seek.:speaktothehand:

[quote name='liono55']There are WAY too many games (for cheap) and multiple systems to rush out and purchase games near launch, throwing away $60. True CAG's are supposed to have backlogs in the hundreds by now, so what's the hurry? [/quote]

I agree, generally, that there is less and less reason these days to buy a game @ launch w/o some extra incentive. If you're like, and have no aversion to used games, it is highly likely that with in just a few weeks you could get that same game as much as 40% off with all the GameStop coupons.

However, I dont go so far as to say that CAGs are *supposed* to have backlogs, though the vat majority of us do. I am personally trying to refrain from buy games unless I have the immediate intention of playing them (or they fall to five bucks :bouncy:).

[quote name='cochesecochese']If I preorder this now will I still get the pub games code?[/quote]

Can't say with certainty for all merchants, but I just pre-ordered today from Best Buy and got a box with the code in it.

[quote name='cochesecochese']If I preorder this now will I still get the pub games code?[/quote]
Don't preorder at gamestop.com if you want the pub games now, that is all i know.

Just bought this on eBay (from a 99.5% seller with 187 feedback) for $60.79 - 30% cashback = $42.55 :D Should be hear a couple days after release.

[quote name='Moxio']I think you mean... Mindblowing-ly awesome.[/quote]
Lol, i'm both envious and envious. But i still think $42.xx is a good deal for me considering i can't get into the MS program :( Would love to get some MS games on the cheap but oh well.

[quote name='Scobie']Can't say with certainty for all merchants, but I just pre-ordered today from Best Buy and got a box with the code in it.[/quote]

Holy shit, he lives! I will come rape your family when this comes out. :D

Also, Pimp down!

ive been playing fable 1 a little lately.. cant wait for this to be out..

whats that dungeon included on the ce version? i havent called that order yet..

I still haven't decided if I want to cancel this (even though I was adamant about it earlier). I think so. It'll drop in price eventually, and the only extra content I care about is the extra dungeon, which probably isn't worth ten bucks, and might be on Marketplace anyway. Unless I need to play it on day one, there's no longer a benefit (to me) to preorder the LE. Besides, I still need to finish Lost Odyssey (almost done), Mercs 2, Eternal Sonata, maybe put some more hours into Oblivion, and I am preordering Fallout LE (not the insane 100+$ one).

[quote name='KingBroly']It still irks me it isn't on the disc.[/quote]

Kind of a moot point since playing online requires being online. And being online will get the patch. It's no different now than if it was on the disk. I'm not picking on you though, a lot of people will still feel the same way.

[quote name='Autumn Star']Does anyone know if a demo is coming out before the game is released?
Sorry if this was already said or not.[/quote]They never mentioned it, and it is already an established franchise, so it doesn't seem likely. It seems like big exclusives (like Gears) don't put out demos on marketplace, since they already have enough hype for people to check it out by buying it.

I'd almost NOT want a demo. It makes the hype of the game so much more. It's like the old days when we'd have to drool over printed magazine articles for months, if not years, then finally get your hands on the game. It's a fun experience in itself.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm still in for the LE cuz I'm stoked for this game.

Also, a pic of the revised LE is up on Amazon at this link http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/Fable2LCEbox-lg.jpg

It sucks, but the game is gonna be great. I wonder if they'll make those fate cards and stuff available in some other way or exclusively to those who bought the LE?[/quote]

I saw over at http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-207770.aspx that the LE artwork will still be there and the fate cards will be downloadable pdfs that you can print off. If you read the full story at N4G you can find info on how to get some free Fable 1 and 2 music tracks for the fans!

[quote name='SynGamer']What would have saved the LE for me is if it had been in a Steelbook DVD case...oh well :([/quote]Wow, I can't believe it doesn't, but I guess they couldn't make them on such short notice.

I really don't want to play the game with super armor or a mega sword, and I think the game will have plenty of content without the dungeon, so I'm just going to grab the normal version. I'm sure I'll be able to watch the making of video online anyways.

I almost had this game last night when I was at Meijer and they had it on their display shelf. The person working in Electronics didn't seem to know about about the street date and he let me take that game up to the cash register, only to have it 'not on file' when rung up. 5mins and two managers later, I was told I couldn't have the game until the 21st. :(

i really need to find one of those clueless stores that gets these games early. Before I moved to where I'm at now, I could always go to Sears and pick up games before release dates. I had Guitar Hero III like 2 weeks early (thanks to Mattte's advice to check there). I bet I could walk away with Fable 2 at that Sears right now.

[quote name='destinywaste']I almost had this game last night when I was at Meijer and they had it on their display shelf. The person working in Electronics didn't seem to know about about the street date and he let me take that game up to the cash register, only to have it 'not on file' when rung up. 5mins and two managers later, I was told I couldn't have the game until the 21st. :([/QUOTE]

Interesting, was it the non-LE version?

Ah kickin chickens, brings me back to my zelda days.^^ Cool my benevolent nature scored me a Lionhead Studios tattoo and a hero doll lol.

I won a 3 piece chicken suit but when i try to get the code, it says page unavailable...:(

EDIT: Nevermind, just had to log in :D Now, if i play multiple times will i still get everything? I've claimed the chicken suit, tattoo, and the nasty expression book + pink dye. Can't get the chicken one...:(

[quote name='SynGamer']I won a 3 piece chicken suit but when i try to get the code, it says page unavailable...:(

EDIT: Nevermind, just had to log in :D Now, if i play multiple times will i still get everything? I've claimed the chicken suit, tattoo, and the nasty expression book + pink dye. Can't get the chicken one...:([/quote]

What did you have to do to unlock each?

EDIT: Got it...got the 1K Gold, and a Nasty Expression Book, with a vial of Apocalyptic Pink Dye...going to play again for other prizes. This thing kicks ass!

Can you play this and get all of them? I just got a lion head tattoo and hero doll along with the chicken suit set.

[quote name='sendme']Can you play this and get all of them? I just got a lion head tattoo and hero doll along with the chicken suit set.[/quote]

I would hope so. I think I know how to get all 3 types of items at the end, but don't flame me if I'm mistaken.

Edit: Guess it all just depends on which crown you choose at the end.

bread's done
Back