Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

Ok, I've not been in on a big release like this for a while, so a question.

This has a ship date listed as 10/21 at most sites, so is that the B&M release date, since most stores already have copies in the back?

In essence... if I go to Wal-Mart at 12am on Monday night, they'll likely have the game available?

Thanks!

[quote name='007']

In essence... if I go to Wal-Mart at 12am on Monday night, they'll likely have the game available?
[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster told me I could come after midnight to get it, so I don't see why you couldn't anywhere else.

I am looking forward to eventually playing this game but I just sent in my latest 360 to MS for a warranty exchange. On to number four! All these positive posts are starting to annoy me - STOP IT!

[quote name='guyver2077']so is everyone getting the standard edition?[/quote]
I am. The LE was butchered and all i really wanted was the Halo armor, which i'm sure they'll offer as DLC eventually.

I had the LE on order from CC, but once it got changed it wasn't a great deal.

I'd LOVE the LE, but wouldn't be heartbroken if I don't get one. I'll show up at Wal-Mart around midnight... they have an LE, great... if not, no biggie.

As long as I get the game, everything can be worked out later.

[quote name='SynGamer']I highly doubt MS would be dumb enough to charge $10 for armor. 400 points...perhaps, but not 800.[/QUOTE]
Them charging $10 for armor and a dungeon (the armor isn't the only thing in the LE) is not unreasonable to believe at all.

[quote name='Poor2More']The LE is still in a Tin or Metal case correct? or did they change that too?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so.. if anything, it will be like Ninja Gaiden II, a slipcover.

How rare will this LE be? I.E. will it be the type that can be found in bargain bins a year from now or the type like BioShock that will be sold out and they never make more of the day of release?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Them charging $10 for armor and a dungeon (the armor isn't the only thing in the LE) is not unreasonable to believe at all.[/quote]
But DLC is always broken up in order to get more money, you know that ;)

[quote name='Collectordragon']How rare will this LE be? I.E. will it be the type that can be found in bargain bins a year from now or the type like BioShock that will be sold out and they never make more of the day of release?[/quote]

Since they took the collectables out of the collectors edition, it will probably be pretty common. It might not be "halo cat helmet" common, but it should be fairly easy to find after release.

I really want to pre-order this, however, I will wait. With so many other games on the horizon, I definitely want to see if Fable 2 lives up to the hype. If it does, then I'll pick it up.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I really want to pre-order this, however, I will wait. With so many other games on the horizon, I definitely want to see if Fable 2 lives up to the hype. If it does, then I'll pick it up.[/QUOTE]

How will you know if it lived up to the hype without playing it?

This thread of course. I know at least 50% of the people who talk on this thread probably pre-ordered it and some will give their first impressions when time permits. :d

[quote name='iRandom']2 more days :)[/QUOTE]

Midnight launch tomorrow for me, so a day and some change.

Can't wait - this is going to be awesome, have most of my day planned out tomorrow and Tuesday.

Yea I'm getting the LE on Tueday. I usually only buy LEs of games I love such as the MGS series, or games in which the cases are beautifully done like ToV. The only reason i bought the LE was because it was $66.99 with free delivery day shipping via Prime. I couldn't pass it up since I would pay nearly that much for a normal copy at a B&M store.

Some of my buddies are getting it too and we're hoping that the online co-op is available from day 1, but it looks like it won't be. Regardless, there are so many games coming out in the next 4 or 5 weeks that I'm going to pass out from excitement. I mean Fable II this week, Fallout 3 next week, GoW2, COD5, and Resistance 2 in the following weeks. Geez! I barely have enough time to play the games I have now, let alone a new one every damn week lol.

Plus right now I'm in the COD5 beta and picking up Saints Row 2 tonight...ugh! :)

[quote name='Pck21']Yea I'm getting the LE on Tueday. I usually only buy LEs of games I love such as the MGS series, or games in which the cases are beautifully done like ToV. The only reason i bought the LE was because it was $66.99 with free delivery day shipping via Prime. I couldn't pass it up since I would pay nearly that much for a normal copy at a B&M store.

Some of my buddies are getting it too and we're hoping that the online co-op is available from day 1, but it looks like it won't be. Regardless, there are so many games coming out in the next 4 or 5 weeks that I'm going to pass out from excitement. I mean Fable II this week, Fallout 3 next week, GoW2, COD5, and Resistance 2 in the following weeks. Geez! I barely have enough time to play the games I have now, let alone a new one every damn week lol.

Plus right now I'm in the COD5 beta and picking up Saints Row 2 tonight...ugh! :)[/QUOTE]

Last I heard, the co-op patch was going to be ready on day one. You should be good to go, hopefully.

[quote name='Wolve11']How many hours do they say the main quest missions are?[/QUOTE]

18-20 hours
"Five times that if you choose to do all side quests."

Of course, this is all according to Peter Molyneux. So how much of this is actually true is up to debate until the game actually comes out.

According to some people who have already beaten it, the main quest is 10-15 hours.

Even if I do side quests, and get most of the achievements I can't see this game being any longer then 20 hours.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']According to some people who have already beaten it, the main quest is 10-15 hours.

Even if I do side quests, and get most of the achievements I can't see this game being any longer then 20 hours.[/quote]

true.
fable was just about 6-7 hours for me and that's doing about almost verything

Woo, my card finally got charged for the game! Should ship today, and I'll have it tomorrow! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thrustbucket']8.8 from regular IGN[/quote]

Twilight Princess'd!

Midnight launch tonight. I guess I'll go.

I got the Limited Edition from Amazon today.
I was quite shocked.
I actually thought it was a mistake cause it comes in a regular case that says Limited Edition.
I haven't opened it yet.

After dinner = late night playing Fable II.

Edit:
Yup it's a slip cover.
IMG_3980.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's got one of those swinging disc holders in the case.

Figures the future wife wants to go out today of all days.

The "We're getting married, I'll see you forever" excuse doesn't work all the time.

I paid for no shipping.
I thought since I'd be playing LittleBigPlanet , I'd wait until Fable II came in the mail.
We all know how that turned out.
I'm glad I didn't pay for release date delivery.

I got the TRU B2G1 deal and got Oblivion GOTY Edition as a placeholder for Fable 2. The clueless clerk rang it up at the $60 price along with RB2 & Dead Space. She gave me a gift receipt that listed ALL games on it. Oblivion at $59.99, RB2 @ $59.99, and DS for free.

should i still be able to exchange Oblivion for Fable tomorrow? or will they give me a fuss?

We got an email at work today saying that some of the LEs are shipping without the codes for the extra content. Microsoft is supposed to notify us with a solution to the problem.

bread's done
Back