Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I like him as a person, but Jim Sterling seems to go for shock numbers sometimes, so I wouldn't put too much stock in his review.[/QUOTE]

I read through most of the review, and it makes the whole game seem disappointing. Considering how Molyneaux underdelivers, I wouldn't be surprised if Sterling's review is actually spot on.

I don't know why Fable games get hype anyway.

[quote name='Gamehead']I read through most of the review, and it makes the whole game seem disappointing. Considering how Molyneaux underdelivers, I wouldn't be surprised if Sterling's review is actually spot on.

I don't know why Fable games get hype anyway.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't stop talking and we forget to not listen, thus, hype.

[quote name='Gamehead']I read through most of the review, and it makes the whole game seem disappointing. Considering how Molyneaux underdelivers, I wouldn't be surprised if Sterling's review is actually spot on.

I don't know why Fable games get hype anyway.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't be surprised either, but you should just know ahead of time if you don't read his reviews that he tends to dislike a lot of games that are really good.

I feel that the reviews for this game are going to be all over the place. I'm suspecting it to fall in the 70s on metacritic.

I would love to be proven wrong though.

Yeah, Jim Sterling has a right to his opinion and all, but he only has two modes-- game of the century with zero flaws, or worthless trash that does everything wrong-- and every game has to fit into one or the other. I treat his articles as pure entertainment and not a recommendation on whether I might actually enjoy a game or not.

Kind of hoping this game gets the Lost Planet 2 treatment. Hype hype hype ... poor sales, $19.99-$29.99 within a few months.

Especially if it is more of the same as stated in that laughable review.

Giant Bomb review

I'm enjoying the game thus far (only a few hours in), but I can't totally disagree with a lot of Brad's points. I get the feeling that this won't review quite as well as the first two overall.
[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, Jim Sterling has a right to his opinion and all, but he only has two modes-- game of the century with zero flaws, or worthless trash that does everything wrong-- and every game has to fit into one or the other. I treat his articles as pure entertainment and not a recommendation on whether I might actually enjoy a game or not.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree. Ironically, I find him hilarious and thoroughly entertaining in most settings, especially on the Electric Hydra podcast. It's just his reviews that tend to be a bit hyperbolic.

Jim Sterling gave Assassin's Creed 2 a 4.5. That's all you need to know about his credibility as a reviewer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful reading some of those reviews. Second one in and I've already been spoiled about a plot element during the King/Queen section that I would have rather not known about.

Anyone have an opinion on the massive amount of DLC already out there for this game tonight? 1 free weapons pack, the 4 things that the paper code slip in new copies will have ($7 value) and another 3 packs that have to be bought separately ($8 worth $5 of which is a quest pack.)

[quote name='Indignate']Be careful reading some of those reviews. Second one in and I've already been spoiled about a plot element during the King/Queen section that I would have rather not known about.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty much staying away from them after reading two, one of them being really negative.

Really, it just sounds like they've fixed what need to real be fixed and then focused on the story at hand and I see nothing wrong with that. .... The game is already shipped anyhow, but really, it seems like this isn't the type of game to based on reviews anyhow... If you liked Fable II you'll like Fable III and if you didn't you won't like Fable III.

I happy that even the negative reviews have mentioned an interesting/compelling story so I stay with it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone have an opinion on the massive amount of DLC already out there for this game tonight? [/quote]

I see two themes, not unexpected.

Free Weapons, a surprise, but hey its free.

Fable III Male Highlander Outfit, which discription says it was included in the game as a DLC code so you might already own it.

Fable III Red Setter Dog Potion, same as above... Included in all new copies of the game.

So I'm either missing something... Or I have no negative vibe on this.

Just got my code for the hammer and tattoo from amazon, I didn't get a code for the villager maker but that's probably because I preordered it on the 18th and I think codes were sent out the 16th....

Hopefully I still get it...
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif][/FONT]

[quote name='Conboy']My limited edition from Amazon with release date shipping still has not shipped yet. I did a live chat with C/S, and they said it shows out of stock. I said how the hell is it out of stock when I ordered it a month ago with release date delivery??!! Guy said to give it till tomorrow. Any else order from Amazon and have their order shipped?[/QUOTE]

I should have release date delivery, I'm a Prime member, but my copy says I should have it by the 27th yet its already shipped.

I emailed, got a stupid cut and paste response before it shipped (today) so I will likely call them in the morning.

[quote name='Cysquatch']Just got my code for the hammer and tattoo from amazon, I didn't get a code for the villager maker but that's probably because I preordered it on the 18th and I think codes were sent out the 16th....[/QUOTE]Yup, just got mine too.

If anyone has an extra Walmart preorder bonus code and would like to trade for a Gamestop code (Inquisitor Sword), please PM me. I'd rather have the hammer but had credit to burn. Thanks!

(Edit: I have the Amazon code now and have one last Inquisitor code to find me a Walmart code.)

The thing that really bothers me is having to go back into the sanctuary every time you want to look at the map to see where your quest objective is. When you're in the sanctuary, you are taken off the map so you have to guess at where you last were (the gold trail thing is still buggy as hell).

Other than that, I'm having fun. Almost every single character in the game has at least one quest for you to build up your relationship to friend (and more quests if you want to go beyond friends).

So amazon was mysteriously out of stock yesterday but instantly in stock today. O well they lost my sale to the Best Buy B2G1 even though i will lose out on pre-order bonuses getting 3 CE's for $54 brand new is a good deal and a better one if i can sell the extra Fable 3.

Just picked mine up. The LE is quite nice. Lots of codes inside to download stuff. Can't wait to get home and pop it in.

(and poor SW:FU2 and Sims 3 will have to wait for my loev)

Inbox today was filled with a few emails from Amazon, woo! Game has been shipped for me, did the 99 cent release day shipping, champion hammer and balance code along with an email explaining to me about my $20 dollar credit. Hmmm I think I'm going to order NFS: Hot Pursuit next mainly due to Criterion Games and well the &20 dollar video game credit with that one too haha.

The game is great so far. I keep going to sanctuary by accident when I try to pause but that's not really a problem. I really like the weapon morphing.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I see two themes, not unexpected.

Free Weapons, a surprise, but hey its free.

Fable III Male Highlander Outfit, which discription says it was included in the game as a DLC code so you might already own it.

Fable III Red Setter Dog Potion, same as above... Included in all new copies of the game.

So I'm either missing something... Or I have no negative vibe on this.[/QUOTE]

When I looked at the DLC available list last night at 2 am, it had the free weapons, the 4 different items that were included with new copies, new dog outfit, some other $2 pack, and a quest pack for $5. Now almost all of that is gone.

Fable 3 has all them same Tech Flaws Fable 2 had for me.... Digging still looks terrible.... Controls are kinda tank like ala RE games... Other then that its pretty decent so far..... Starts off really slow....

i got the le from walmart.com. it came with all the dlc but i can't find the character creator code, it wasn't in the box, it wasn't in the game box, it wasn't emailed, it wasn't on the recipt. where is it? should i call walmart?

[quote name='pimpinc333']Fable 3 has all them same Tech Flaws Fable 2 had for me.... Digging still looks terrible.... Controls are kinda tank like ala RE games... Other then that its pretty decent so far..... Starts off really slow....[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I see now that with the digging animation they improved the particle effect so it looks like you actually are removing dirt. I still think it's funny this happens when in snow.
Molyneux said he wanted to adjust the pacing of the abilities the hero accumulates. He said you kind of got everything off the bat in the second game so I believe that's why it's a bit slow in your opinion.

I like it but is there no manual way to save the game? Looked around the sanctuary but I couldn't find anything so I guess I'll have to rely on automatic save points.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I like it but is there no manual way to save the game? Looked around the sanctuary but I couldn't find anything so I guess I'll have to rely on automatic save points.[/QUOTE]

When you're in the sanctuary go off to the right, to the game options I think it was called. Under game maintenance you'll be able to save and continue.

When I go to the village creator on lionhead, it gives me this message: Sorry you have already saved a villager to you game.Click "Create a New Villager' to return to your main page and view your custom villager.

The village I created is there, but the description is wrong and appears to change every time I view the villager. Also was there supposed to be a download? It's not in my download history.

Btw if someone has a channeler sword code and wants a champion hammer code for it, pm me!

[quote name='shosh']So I got the best buy le edition. Is the bb exclusive weapons suppose to be in the box?[/QUOTE]

They gave it to me seperate at the register.

Question? Everyone who bought Fable 3 got a Bonus in Game code for Potions, Power Suits, Dog, Tattoo? I just sold both DLC's I got on Ebay. The Channeler Sword and Tat for 29.99.... and the Said Bonus In Game COntent for 19.99....

Why do you people these high prices for DLC? I just dont get it... O well pretty much a free copy of Fable 3 for me!

[quote name='pimpinc333']They gave it to me seperate at the register.

Question? Everyone who bought Fable 3 got a Bonus in Game code for Potions, Power Suits, Dog, Tattoo? I just sold both DLC's I got on Ebay. The Channeler Sword and Tat for 29.99.... and the Said Bonus In Game COntent for 19.99....

Why do you people these high prices for DLC? I just dont get it... O well pretty much a free copy of Fable 3 for me![/QUOTE]

I just put my DLC up on ebay. I typically always do, it's amazing how much people spend on this stuff.

I always sell DLC on ebay, but was hesitant with this game just because I love Fable so much. SInce i had the amazon and gamestop preorder codes and figured there is a good change I could pay for the game by selling them, I put them up along with the code from the guide and an extra villager code. Up to $20 now with a few days to go.

[quote name='Indignate']Did anybody else really dig the opening to this game? Probably one of the best I've seen all year.

Also... my character talks![/QUOTE]

The Opening was amazing! I was hoping the "brave" chicken wouldn't die!

Oh my holy goodness is the start of this game slow as f*ck. I hope it gets better real quick otherwise Rock Band and Black Ops have no competition. Not digging what appears to be mandatory fast traveling either because I actually enjoy the initial start of the hero's story where you get to level up or steal everything not nailed down to the floor. I just made it to the first village and I already want to murder the next hobo that whines to me about how hungry they are just to have something even remotely interesting to do.

Hopefully my first objective will involve a lengthy dungeon or a rescue mission because I'm itching to stab something. I'm trying not to fall asleep here.

When you're in the sanctuary go off to the right, to the game options I think it was called. Under game maintenance you'll be able to save and continue.

Yeah you're right, thanks.

One thing that was overshadowed, or should I say forgot to mention, by everything else I said about the game is the combat section. Now it seems it doesn't matter what way you kill enemies, melee, ranged, or magic as it's all collectively gathered. My main gripe with Fable II was having to hold down the Right Trigger to collect the orbs before they disappeared in battle during battle

Ha I just selected a new quest using the map. I came up to the villager and was pleasantly surprised it was the villager I created online! Super cool.

Dog costume DLC?

I'm thinking the reason that all of these tiny little DLC items are ~200 meg downloads is that each one of them contains all of the items. So no matter which ones you have, as long as you have one, everyone's hero can play in everyone's game.

Can anyone confirm that there is only the initial 200 mb download, and subsequent purchases only unlock more data from it?

i think i found a glitch already, kinda spoilery but can someone farther than an hour and a half help me out
when you are sapposed to find "your father's treasure for sabine" jasper is sapposed to pop up to unlock the weapon room for you to hit the switch, he doesn't pop up, so i can't equip a weapon.
am i going to have to start a new game?"

[quote name='pimpinc333']Just read the Gamespot review.... Even though they gave it a 7.5 they really didn't have a good thing to say about Fable 3 ....[/QUOTE]

That's Gamespot/most big game sites. They put up a decent score so not to get drilled by Lionhead, but the review tells a different story then what the score suggests.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']That's Gamespot/most big game sites. They put up a decent score so not to get drilled by Lionhead, but the review tells a different story then what the score suggests.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that ever since the AC review when that Hiliary Dude got fired over giving AC a low score ( Which it deserved since a review is one's opinion )

bread's done
Back