FGT 14 wants to fight whoever wrote MVC3's netcode

[quote name='asianxcore']What kind of teams does she work well with?

The problem is I'm having fun playing Dormammu, but his Assists are ass and don't help anyone.

I've been thinking about trying out Tron as well, since she looks fun.[/QUOTE]
depends how you use felicia, and against who. i think you could put her anywhere except anchor, her assist sucks so i like to put her on point then DHC her out because she's godlike in x-factor 2/3.

pick a good second character to DHC her out with. certain characters can't, i know zero can't. akuma's hadoken is spotty.

for 3rd character i like a good assist, something that keeps them grounded. tron works really well because the hitstun on gustaf goes away really quickly so you can throw them easily afterwards.

i dun really like tron because all you can really do to start combos is either random drills or j.c's which are both kinda wonky and not particularly easy to land.

I'm glad that you guys are on the positive about Mortal Kombat. I'm really looking forward to that game.
I know one thing - fuck Capcom. I rather put my money into MK, rather than putting back into Marvel vs Capcom 3 via Capcom's nickle and dime for characters that should have been in the game program.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']A friend of mine has been doing well with Felicia/Tron/Wesker. Not sure if all of them are your cup of tea though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kainzero']depends how you use felicia, and against who. i think you could put her anywhere except anchor, her assist sucks so i like to put her on point then DHC her out because she's godlike in x-factor 2/3.

pick a good second character to DHC her out with. certain characters can't, i know zero can't. akuma's hadoken is spotty.

for 3rd character i like a good assist, something that keeps them grounded. tron works really well because the hitstun on gustaf goes away really quickly so you can throw them easily afterwards.

i dun really like tron because all you can really do to start combos is either random drills or j.c's which are both kinda wonky and not particularly easy to land.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info kainzero. I'll have to check out Felicia and see if I like her playstyle.

Beef, I'm bored with 1/3rd of my team so everyone looks interesting in the game :)

watching this final round stream... man, people are so bad at marvel

this game will get real good once people get solid. but when i see like 15 dropped combos in one match or people wanting to play 1v1... it's pretty ugly

[quote name='kainzero']watching this final round stream... man, people are so bad at marvel

this game will get real good once people get solid. but when i see like 15 dropped combos in one match or people wanting to play 1v1... it's pretty ugly[/QUOTE]

You should go there and show them how it's done.

Glad I saved my money for MK rather then MvC3. Gonna get Arcana Heart 3 first though. That's gonna be a lot of laughs.

[quote name='kainzero']watching this final round stream... man, people are so bad at marvel

this game will get real good once people get solid. but when i see like 15 dropped combos in one match or people wanting to play 1v1... it's pretty ugly[/QUOTE]

I've only been in the lab with Dormammu for the last couple days, but watching some of the Dorm players at Final Round, I'm surprised no one is using Creation/Destruction/Dark Spells.

Especially the players playing with Sent Drones Assists....free Creation/Destruction power up. Both help control a lot of space, (one) hit confirms into Chaos Flame, cause Resets in the corner/extends combos, Destruction x 3 OTG's and also Destruction power up adds a hell of a lot of damage.

So far I'm 20 minutes in and it's just chucking Purification until they have meter to throw out Chaos Flame or Stalking Flare.

Who knows, maybe I'm playing him wrong, but the Creation/Destruction/Dark Spells add a lot of variety to Dormammu's keepaway and mixup game.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I thought Kratos was a Sony character... he's going to be in the Xbox MK9 too?[/QUOTE]

Yea, bro, you didn't hear? The devs who made the god of war series took the IP with them, so he's now in the 360 version of MK

Surely to god you was joking and not really that stupid.:roll:

[quote name='Paco']Glad I saved my money for MK rather then MvC3. Gonna get Arcana Heart 3 first though. That's gonna be a lot of laughs.[/QUOTE]

Bro, you know it. MK is the comeuppance for the MK series. Show those Crapcom dudes how it's done, flex that American MUSCLE. Cannot wait, fo' sho'.

Arcana Heart 3 is gonna be a Lolifest of Lulz.

Real Talk, arcana hearts 3 sucks. I wasnt going to get MK9 at launch, but too many people i know are buying it day 1, so will be first week for sure.

[quote name='distgfx']You should go there and show them how it's done.[/QUOTE]
top players are still strong for precisely the reason they can execute, whereas most players in the middle at the moment cannot execute

i'm not paying hundreds of dollars to fly out and get top 16

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Bro, you know it. MK is the comeuppance for the MK series. Show those Crapcom dudes how it's done, flex that American MUSCLE. Cannot wait, fo' sho'.

Arcana Heart 3 is gonna be a Lolifest of Lulz.[/QUOTE]

Damn straight mang. Joe DUDEBRO and Habemus Chicken are all ready for the KOMBATS. I'll be there day one to bring back the GLORY of KOMBAT. This KOMBAT will bring back the GLORY days of KOMBAT 2. fuck YEAH. Crapcom is gonna get so fucked up by this shit that they're in shock ya feel me? Mortal KOMBAT NINE. THIS SHITS SO fuckED UP I GOTTA SHOOT SLICE YO fuckIN STREET FIGHTIN ASS. IT"S STRAIGHT UP KOMBAT BRUH. Superior MURICAN MUSCLES.

Arcana Heart 3 is gonna be a loli fest. UP THAT SKIRT. CARROT HEART with panda underwear and all that upskirt moves that take your breath away. Hell yeah. It's like Sakura in SF4 except all the time and actually attractive this time.

[quote name='Paco']Damn straight mang. Joe DUDEBRO and Habemus Chicken are all ready for the KOMBATS. I'll be there day one to bring back the GLORY of KOMBAT. This KOMBAT will bring back the GLORY days of KOMBAT 2. fuck YEAH. Crapcom is gonna get so fucked up by this shit that they're in shock ya feel me? Mortal KOMBAT NINE. THIS SHITS SO fuckED UP I GOTTA SHOOT SLICE YO fuckIN STREET FIGHTIN ASS. IT"S STRAIGHT UP KOMBAT BRUH. Superior MURICAN MUSCLES.

Arcana Heart 3 is gonna be a loli fest. UP THAT SKIRT. CARROT HEART with panda underwear and all that upskirt moves that take your breath away. Hell yeah. It's like Sakura in SF4 except all the time and actually attractive this time.[/QUOTE]

file.php

Wow, there are some pretty meh Phoenix players at Final Round Top 16.

It's one of the problems (IMO) of just making a Phoenix Anchor team because of Dark Phoenix. If you don't practice with just regular Phoenix and you don't get Dark Phoenix, you get exposed.

I think there has been a pretty large amount of "meh" play in general at Final Round. Every player that I haven't heard of isn't very good.

[quote name='Paco']
Arcana Heart 3 is gonna be a loli fest. UP THAT SKIRT. CARROT HEART with panda underwear and all that upskirt moves that take your breath away. Hell yeah. It's like Sakura in SF4 except all the time and actually attractive this time.[/QUOTE]

I have nothing to add to your comment, other than it made me lmfao.

:applause:

Dark Phoenix is one of the stupidest things about mvc3 by a mile. It turns it into a turtle game to run out the clock if you can get the chance. Hate that stupid playstyle.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Dark Phoenix is one of the stupidest things about mvc3 by a mile. It turns it into a turtle game to run out the clock if you can get the chance. Hate that stupid playstyle.[/QUOTE]
Unless you kill Phoenix before she gets 5 bars, or if you kill her while she's in Dark mode, or if you kills you first. It only turns into a race for the clock if you let it.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Unless you kill Phoenix before she gets 5 bars, or if you kill her while she's in Dark mode, or if you kills you first. It only turns into a race for the clock if you let it.[/QUOTE]

This, you have multiple outs for the situation.

Also the most glaring thing about a Phoenix/Dark Phoenix anchor team is 99% of the time you will never see finished combos (with Super), since Phoenix keeps it all hostage. Take advantage of that.

Also remember that characters can't activate X-Factor while they are in the air, so it sets up a lot of good chip opportunities (off Combos) to make Phoenix work for that red life back.

I played a random Dark Phoenix Anchor team online. It came down to Sentinel/Dormammu vs. regular Phoenix w/ 5 Bars and it pretty much went like this...

Fly Stomp xx Fry Pan xx LP Rocket Punch xx Super (Dark Phoenix Transformes in air) xx Sentinel Level 2 X-Factor xx HSF xx Dormammu Chaotic Flame = LOLz

That was enough there to take a hell of life from Dark Phoenix (or kill her I can't remember), so I didn't have to worry about going up against a DP with a full health bar.

Bro, I've been in the Lab working on my fried chicken recipe. Secret blend of primo grade A hydroponic herb and spices.

fuck Chicken Now, I'm talkin' bout dat Chicken FUTURE.

Been messing around with Chun / Tron / Doom but don't really like the synergy. They are all assist characters lol.

My team is definitely Dante-A / Mags-A / Sent-A though. Going to another tournament this weekend I think. We shall see how it goes..

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Get with the times, grandpa kainzero. Labs and tech are where it's at now, u jus don no.[/QUOTE]
labs?

man

i remember madden in 2006, going through practice mode and testing combinations was called "labbing"

wait

dat marvel
dat madden

????!??!?!?

Black people love dat Madden.

Black people love dat Mahvel.

Black people love dat fried chicken.

Black people love dat ass.

Black people have great tastes.

I am going to be in the lab tonight to learn some of the advanced 50 sent air combos. I also want to find a new way to extend the combo after 2nd launch with dante instead of m then h, since if i do m, m and then qcf h i tend to miss, and if i try m, h, qcf h, i tend to get that stupid spinning gun move in the air from pressing h too fast. I might also remove storm from my team and bring in morrigan, LOVE her assist that builds meter and she can be beast if you know how to play her as well.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Black people love dat Madden.

Black people love dat Mahvel.

Black people love dat fried chicken.

Black people love dat ass.

Black people have great tastes.[/QUOTE]

1 Notification -

Shini likes your status.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Been messing around with Chun / Tron / Doom but don't really like the synergy. They are all assist characters lol.

My team is definitely Dante-A / Mags-A / Sent-A though. Going to another tournament this weekend I think. We shall see how it goes..[/QUOTE]

Good luck! Would you put Mags on point on that team?

I've finally settled on Wolverine/Dormammu/Sentinel for now. Out of all the teams I've tried since the game came out, this is definitely the most fun for me as well as working well together. Wolverine is a crazy point character, if you can keep him around long enough.

Check x-23 for your point Asian, been using her for a little bit now instead of wolverine. Little less health but much much better mix up. Wolverine is so strait forward that he is easy to block/counter.

Been trying out Wolverine. His M to L series takes a bit getting use to, but his dive kick is awesome.

Has anyone completed Trish missions yet? I am having troubles with mission 7-10. Mainly her air M, M double jump, M, H combo. I can never get her M to hit after the double jump. I have no problems with characters like Iron Man, but I can't seem to get it with Trish.

[quote name='j-cart']Has anyone completed Trish missions yet? I am having troubles with mission 7-10. Mainly her air M, M double jump, M, H combo. I can never get her M to hit after the double jump. I have no problems with characters like Iron Man, but I can't seem to get it with Trish.[/QUOTE]
You have to delay some hits. I don't remember where, if it's off the launcher or the air M-M.

If you're telling me I can't just hold up after S, then I might be too lazy to learn Trish. BOOO! you ruined my Trish dreams Kain (despite my lack of desire to figure her out).

I'll try that out when I get a chance, thanks for the info.

[quote name='j-cart']If you're telling me I can't just hold up after S, then I might be too lazy to learn Trish. BOOO! you ruined my Trish dreams Kain (despite my lack of desire to figure her out).

I'll try that out when I get a chance, thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

No, he's telling you that you have to hit them when they're at a certain height in front of you so the M will hit after the double jump.

yeah. it's S, hold up, wait some microseconds, MM dj MH

or

S, hold up, M (wait a microsecond) M, dj MH

i forget which

In the lab my sentinel is getting pretty decent, my dante still needs a better followup after the 2nd launcher, and im not sure if im going to keep storm or go with morrigan. Need more tourney footage of good morigan players so i can steal their playstyles!

[quote name='LostRoad']Check x-23 for your point Asian, been using her for a little bit now instead of wolverine. Little less health but much much better mix up. Wolverine is so strait forward that he is easy to block/counter.[/QUOTE]

A couple of my friends mentioned that as well at a session I was at last night.

I love that Berserker Slash covers a large area of the screen ridiculously fast especially with Sent Drones backing it up. Wolverine's Fatal Claw DHC into Dormammu is great too.

I'll have to mess around with X-23 to see how she does with Dormammu/Sent

[quote name='asianxcore']
I've finally settled on Wolverine/Dormammu/Sentinel for now. Out of all the teams I've tried since the game came out, this is definitely the most fun for me as well as working well together. Wolverine is a crazy point character, if you can keep him around long enough.[/QUOTE]
I have been struggling to find a team but just started using Wolv/Hulk/Sent. I seem to be getting much better results. Sent drones works really well covering him and Fatal Claw DHC into Gamma Crush does stupid damage.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Thanks for the links, Shingin!

GGs to Guardian and MTLTom tonight[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GGs last night. We'll definitely have to get in more games, I learned a few things. No spectator mode/replay is making it really hard though :cry:.

GG's to Esper in MVC3 tonight.

Are you still soul searching or are you sticking to Wolvie/Doom/Magneto?

Maybe it's just me but I think Doom has kind of a rough time as an anchor.

[quote name='asianxcore']GG's to Esper in MVC3 tonight.

Are you still soul searching or are you sticking to Wolvie/Doom/Magneto?

Maybe it's just me but I think Doom has kind of a rough time as an anchor.[/QUOTE]

GGs man.

Right now, it's for sure Wolverine and Mags. The third is still up in the air. I was just trying to find some sort of character that can help me get through your Wolv/Dorm/Sent team. I thought Doom would be the best choice. I guess not lol.

Or, I should have put Doom 2nd behind Wolvie and Mags as anchor. It was hard getting in and having mobility restricted to foot dive. Should have been Wolvie/Doom/Mags. Mags backing up Doom's dive with disruptor assist.

bread's done
Back