FGT XIX loves the smell of napalm in the morning.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wait wut?
[/QUOTE]

pwrstnf.jpg

[quote name='distgfx']So is your opinion.
I'm sick and bored.
[/QUOTE]

Play me in MVC3.

Dude is the Gem system gonna be standard or an extra mode like Weapon Master or whatever in Soul Calibur..... please tell me the latter.

[quote name='asianxcore']
Play me in MVC3.[/QUOTE]

Buy me a copy, I sold that shit and have no plans to pick up ultimate. If SFxT gets any worse between then and now, though, I may just pick it up. I'll show you that your opinion is just as free as me.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Dude is the Gem system gonna be standard or an extra mode like Weapon Master or whatever in Soul Calibur..... please tell me the latter.[/QUOTE]

They make it sound like it's going to be standard. I sincerely hope not, because I'm not liking what I see so far. I don't know if it's 100% true, but I heard they're already banned for evo.

I gotta be honest, though -- even with the gem system standard, the game still looks like a hell of a lot more fun than Street Fighter IV. If I'm mustering all the optimism I can, I wanna say it looks like the modern day equivalent of like... Cyberbots or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - A B-tier fighter that could be a lotta fun, but that nobody's going to take seriously. Not that that's a bad thing.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Dude is the Gem system gonna be standard or an extra mode like Weapon Master or whatever in Soul Calibur..... please tell me the latter.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda in this boat, but honestly don't mind too much.

[quote name='Chacrana']I gotta be honest, though -- even with the gem system standard, the game still looks like a hell of a lot more fun than Street Fighter IV. If I'm mustering all the optimism I can, I wanna say it looks like the modern day equivalent of like... Cyberbots or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - A B-tier fighter that could be a lotta fun, but that nobody's going to take seriously. Not that that's a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Ever since first gameplay has been shown its always given me a Capcom vs SNK vibe.

I'm just biased though since this game mostly has a cast of characters I give a huge shit about. Final Fight + Tekken is as if they were actually caring about me.

i can see it being standard if you can select it like grooves in cvs2 and if it's not stupid broken

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Sounds like SFIV to me. [/quote]
i think it's funny how everyone in the community always talks shit about sf4 all year and then gets hype about it at big tournaments

[quote name='kainzero']i can see it being standard if you can select it like grooves in cvs2 and if it's not stupid broken

i think it's funny how everyone in the community always talks shit about sf4 all year and then gets hype about it at big tournaments[/QUOTE]

1. I can see it being stupid broken, at least before Super Street Fighter x Tekken, where they will nerf it to hell and back so it's not fun to use anymore.

2. You know it. It's just because there's that and MvC3, and that's about it lately.

Really cannot wait for TTT2 and VF5 Final Showdown. :bouncy: All of this shit along the way is just a distraction.

Initial community freak out over this is expected. I'll try to hold my opinions till release.

Plus the card system in UMVC3 sounds fun; more of a selling point for me now. It prob wont have tourney play but it will make online/casuals stuff more fun honestly.

mention card system and everyone laughs

mention world tour system from a3 and everyone talks about how cool it is

[quote name='kainzero']mention card system and everyone laughs

mention world tour system from a3 and everyone talks about how cool it is[/QUOTE]

yeah, let UMVC3 sit for a few years and people will say the same.

mention world tour system from a3 and everyone talks about how cool it is[/QUOTE]

Luckily I have never made any statement of the sort. ^_^

I actually like this card system better. For one, it's an optional mode which you can use online only if you want to and second, it adds actual abilities instead of some dinky ass speed or power boosts. Shit, give me a gem in SFxT that lets me parry and I would be a happy man. Sure sounds a lot more fun to screw around with in an optional mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Initial community freak out over this is expected. I'll try to hold my opinions till release.

Plus the card system in UMVC3 sounds fun; more of a selling point for me now. It prob wont have tourney play but it will make online/casuals stuff more fun honestly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']Luckily I have never made any statement of the sort. ^_^

I actually like this card system better. For one, it's an optional mode which you can use online only if you want to and second, it adds actual abilities instead of some dinky ass speed or power boosts. Shit, give me a gem in SFxT that lets me parry and I would be a happy man. Sure sounds a lot more fun to screw around with in an optional mode.[/QUOTE]

As long as it is a self-contained mode, there is NOTHING to lose. Don't make it a standard system / mode for the game and I'm all about it. I loved A3 World Tour, SC2 Weapon Master, MK9 Story Mode, even Tekken Force is fun.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']As long as it is a self-contained mode, there is NOTHING to lose. Don't make it a standard system / mode for the game and I'm all about it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, this is pretty much how I feel about it. When I found out it was a separate mode in UMvC3 and not standard, I was all for it.

[quote name='distgfx']Buy me a copy, I sold that shit and have no plans to pick up ultimate.
[/QUOTE]

Then you won't realize how much Viewtiful Joe sucks. Both he (and from the looks of it) Phoenix Wright, needs teams built around them.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']As long as it is a self-contained mode, there is NOTHING to lose. Don't make it a standard system / mode for the game and I'm all about it. I loved A3 World Tour, SC2 Weapon Master, MK9 Story Mode, even Tekken Force is fun.[/QUOTE]

This x 1,000. If it's self contained, I'll probably never play it.

Being a former TCG/CCG freak myself growing up, I'll eat these modes up.

It has me alot more hyped for UMvC3 now sadly... plus hearing Nova is a rush down close up character makes me happy. I don't even know shit about his character background though.

[quote name='asianxcore']Then you won't realize how much Viewtiful Joe sucks. Both he (and from the looks of it) Phoenix Wright, needs teams built around them.[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to make that sacrifice if I loved a character enough.

[quote name='asianxcore']This x 1,000. If it's self contained, I'll probably never play it.[/QUOTE]

Whaaat? C'mon, bro, PARRIES!
Online, lol.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
It has me alot more hyped for UMvC3 now sadly... plus hearing Nova is a rush down close up character makes me happy. I don't even know shit about his character background though.[/QUOTE]

Nova looks like Skrull + Iron Man had a baby and that baby did a lot of damage.

[quote name='asianxcore']Nova looks like Skrull + Iron Man had a baby and that baby did a lot of damage.[/QUOTE]

Gross.

[quote name='asianxcore']Nova looks like Skrull + Iron Man had a baby and that baby did a lot of damage.[/QUOTE]

THe beam super that mirrors your red damage sounds awesome.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Being a former TCG/CCG freak myself growing up, I'll eat these modes up.

It has me alot more hyped for UMvC3 now sadly... plus hearing Nova is a rush down close up character makes me happy. I don't even know shit about his character background though.[/QUOTE]

Nova is a really cool character dude. Buy this and read it...

http://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Gal...3380/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318792726&sr=8-1

The recent Guardians of the Galaxy is so good, you'll love Nova and Rocket Raccoon by the time you finish the run. Make sure you read the Thanos Imperative too, it's so good and like GotG, it will make you love the characters. I just wish Ultimate had Star Lord in it.

mvc3 online is already lolz, i doubt umvc3 will fix it.
the more fighting games come out, the more i really appreciate how good SF4's system is. netcode is good and you can choose to play against non laggy people.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Nova is a really cool character dude. Buy this and read it...

http://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Gal...3380/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318792726&sr=8-1

The recent Guardians of the Galaxy is so good, you'll love Nova and Rocket Raccoon by the time you finish the run. Make sure you read the Thanos Imperative too, it's so good and like GotG, it will make you love the characters. I just wish Ultimate had Star Lord in it.[/QUOTE]

I'll be entirely honest and say most comics I read I try to stay away from "universe" and "galaxy" type of characters or stories... don't really know why. Ill do my research, plus I miss comics...

which makes me wish Capcom would do a Wildstorm crossover just so I can play as one of my all time fave comic book characters:

Authority_Kev_TPB_cover.jpg

I miss comics, I just hate paying for stories that never end...

[quote name='asianxcore']Kind of glad it's earlier in the month.

Not happy that it's back at Caesars. I really liked EVO @ the Rio this year. That room was huge.[/QUOTE]

Rio is great on the wallet, but Caesars is great on the eyes!

*meaning i just spent all my time at the pool 2 years back

Super 8 is 1 mile even away from Caesars and they are sayin 54 a night for that weekend. Thats where I stayed when I drove through a long time ago. I oughta book an room and charge extra to some late clowns or something.

[quote name='asianxcore']I take back my statement.

Not happy it will be 4th of July weekend only because of the cost of travel + hotel. Ugh![/QUOTE]

shit... the one year I can actually go the airline prices will fuck me over.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']shit... the one year I can actually go the airline prices will fuck me over.[/QUOTE]

Fly to Philly and we'll drive!

[quote name='Chacrana']Hank can drive me to evo in the trunk of his camry.[/QUOTE]
you should find someone to drive you to camry in the trunk of their evo

[quote name='kainzero']you should find someone to drive you to camry in the trunk of their evo[/QUOTE]

pfff, why the hell would I want to go there?

oh hellz yeah we back at dat Orange Julius Caesar bitches!!!

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.

that's a Shakespeare quote.

talking about how broke 90% of yallz who cant go.

Anyone else excited about Soul Calibur V?

numberedsc5small.png

1. Patroklos
2. Z.W.E.I.
3. Lexia
4. Natsu
5. Ezio
6. ???
7. Viola
8. Pyrrha
9. Siegfried
10. Hilde
11. Ivy
12. Tira
13. Nightmare
14. Misturugi
15. Maxi
16. Voldo
17. Astaroth
18. Symbol: Shield and two swords, potentially random selection

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone else excited about Soul Calibur V?

[/QUOTE]

No more guest characters and I'm good. This is the series that started guest characters (besides a certain Nascar Car and Gon) so I don't mind much, but I don't want no Yoda any more

also fuck off Microsoft:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/10...nts-killer-instinct-3-to-have-elements-o.html

I know this makes sense from a business standpoint, but its also a huge shot in the foot.

[quote name='Chacrana']I don't really care about SC V. Calibur 1 and 2 were great. Haven't much enjoyed the games ever since.[/QUOTE]

i think SC has gotten bit by the same bug that Final Fantasy games have where its... uh, J-Poppy? I know I'm not saying the right word, especially since i played Idolmaster 2 Demo a few nights ago on my PS3.

bread's done
Back