FGT XIX loves the smell of napalm in the morning.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone know when UMvC is being shipped to retailers? I'm going to see if the store that sold me vanilla 3 days before launch will sell it to me again...[/QUOTE]

Retailers should already have it. A friend of mine posted a picture of him getting a copy tonight.

I picked up the guide at a Gamestop around 15 miles away tonight. The guide wasn't street dated, so they sold it to me. I could see a lot of Managers though refusing to sell the guide until the game comes out to make sure they up their 'Items Per Transaction' count for the week.

[quote name='distgfx']Some of you have a pretty prominent scene around you. Do you know of anybody who wanted mashable hypers in UMvC3?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

In other news, IRL fighters world...PACMAN! There needs to be a part IV, I can't lie...this was unsatisfactory...I was not a happy camper after this fight.

[quote name='distgfx']Some of you have a pretty prominent scene around you. Do you know of anybody who wanted mashable hypers in UMvC3?[/QUOTE]
Nope.

the entirety of seattle

[quote name='heavyd853']the entirety of seattle[/QUOTE]

I saw someone log into your 360 a few days ago. It wasn't you was it?

Guess I am getting Ultimate early after all.

I know it's been pretty well covered at this point, but if anyone has any questions or wants me to try shit out let me know.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Guess I am getting Ultimate early after all.

I know it's been pretty well covered at this point, but if anyone has any questions or wants me to try shit out let me know.[/QUOTE]

All I really want to know is how Nova and Frank feel like when you play em, nothing specific, just a gist.

A lot of the NorCal MVC2 players wanted it.

I don't know if they wanted it quite how Capcom decided to go about it.

Mashing out something like Magnetic Tempest, Hail Storm, Chaotic Flame, etc would make sense.

But mashing out Gravity Squeeze and other Level 3's is ridiculously stupid.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Nope.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='B:L']Nope.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='heavyd853']the entirety of seattle[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I don't even know of button mashers who like mashables.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asianxcore']A lot of the NorCal MVC2 players wanted it.

I don't know if they wanted it quite how Capcom decided to go about it.

Mashing out something like Magnetic Tempest, Hail Storm, Chaotic Flame, etc would make sense.

But mashing out Gravity Squeeze and other Level 3's is ridiculously stupid.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I see, thanks for the responses, guys.

[quote name='suko_32']I saw someone log into your 360 a few days ago. It wasn't you was it?[/QUOTE]

my brother recovered my account on his box thursday night.

Pre-Ordered my copies of UMVC3 for both 360 and PS3 today. All set for whenever I get off work on Tuesday.

Also the FGT folks I've played GOW3 with, I might be selling that to my cousin soon. I don't play it nearly as much as I thought I would and with UMVC3 + KOFXIII coming out, well.....it won't help things.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, Gears 3 was as short-lived as I expected :(

I like the game a lot, but ain't nobody playin' online :([/QUOTE]

With the way you guys were talking about it, I expected Gears nights to go on for months. Glad I never bought it now, I would have been pissed.

[quote name='distgfx']With the way you guys were talking about it, I expected Gears nights to go on for months. Glad I never bought it now, I would have been pissed.[/QUOTE]

It was fun playing it with Chac, Jim and Rolento. It was also fun playing it against my friends locally who play Fighting Games.

Problem was (as Chac mentioned) no one is playing online, playing a ton of new stuff that is out, or will be playing one of the two Fighting Games that will be out by next week.

I never even got Gears 3.

Some bro I am.

But you know what's totally bro? A weekend full of Kraken and Cherry Coke, Patron, and tons of great food. ^__^

Long story, when I can remember the whole thing, I'll post it. Anger blocks some of my memory -_-

Abridged version - Manager is a bitch; I'm accused of being dishonest, shady, and some type of scam artist right off the bat; screwed over and return is refused on the 30th day; a little worried about the rest of my GC being voided somehow.

No problems solved, more problems created.

I'm only really perturbed by the fact that this could jeopardize my plan of getting a 360 through BB's black friday deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asianxcore']It was fun playing it with Chac, Jim and Rolento. It was also fun playing it against my friends locally who play Fighting Games.

Problem was (as Chac mentioned) no one is playing online, playing a ton of new stuff that is out, or will be playing one of the two Fighting Games that will be out by next week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm selling my copy soon. It lasted as long as Gears 2 did which was what I was expecting.

Back t Catan :cool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Today? It's all about carnitas.[/QUOTE]pfffft that shyt is so 2000 and late!!

[quote name='j-cart']The shits 2000 and late![/QUOTE]told u.

it's all about that Cabeza now.

once u go cabeza, you never go back... unless it's back to lengua.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Never had cabeza, but I've had lengua. Shit's good. Tripas are good too.

But I like pretty much all Mexican cuisine, so I'm biased.[/QUOTE]

fuck that shit. You know what's hot? Birria de Chivo. Now that's fucking AWESOME.

oh sheeyit I aint never eaten Tripas yet!!

I kno my #2 spot around work serves it,

you have given me my next homework assignment!!

and yah. Birria is bueno too. muy bueno.

[quote name='JEKKI']oh sheeyit I aint never eaten Tripas yet!!

I kno my #2 spot around work serves it,

you have given me my next homework assignment!!

and yah. Birria is bueno too. muy bueno.[/QUOTE]

Word of warning Jekki.

Tripas can be really good or really bad. You have to make sure you get it from a really good place and it kicks ass. Get it from a crappy place and you'll have something vaguely similar to crappy carnitas.

It's like 50 something here in the morning. I get myself a big bowl of Birria. That's hot. Heats the Soul.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, I'm selling my copy soon. It lasted as long as Gears 2 did which was what I was expecting.
[/QUOTE]

At least FGT got some fun out of it?

Picking up my copies of UMVC3 after work/classes today. KOFXIII next weeeeeeek!!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Never had cabeza, but I've had lengua. Shit's good. Tripas are good too.[/QUOTE]

Never got head?

[quote name='asianxcore']At least FGT got some fun out of it?

Picking up my copies of UMVC3 after work/classes today. KOFXIII next weeeeeeek!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, good times. Short lived, but I learned alot about Jim and Chac this time around, even if most of it was false and created by me.

Also, Tekken Hybrid next week!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Shut your mouth, ReRo. Or I'll slow roast a pug and feed it to you.

And yes, Tekken Hybrid. Need that.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

anywho, kinda pissed at myself right now. I ordereed my 360 / PS2 converter from eTokki over a month ago and wondered why I hadn't gotten it... apparently I had it sent to my old address (fuck you paypal). I just put in a new order for the correct address now :p

I wanted it so I'd be prepped for my college crew, but shit, now I gotta wait at least a wek or more again :(

Really enjoying Nova and Frank is easier than I was expecting, but I suck at the game anyway.

I'm pulling a fanatiq/wolfkrone and switching to pad for umvc3. So far it's looking promising. The pad is responsive enough with inputs to make it feel like I'm in control. I have a tendency to mash, so this is a good sign. :D

Pretty happy that, even if its a rip off, that the costume DLC (that's on disc) for UMvC3 has the costumes that get rid of the two eyesores for me:

Udon Version of Taskmaster (best lookin' Tasky from the best ever written Deadpool/AgentX)

and

RAD Spencer

I'm still surprised RAD wasn't the original costume. Fits in better than the updated costume.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I'm pulling a fanatiq/wolfkrone and switching to pad for umvc3. So far it's looking promising. The pad is responsive enough with inputs to make it feel like I'm in control. I have a tendency to mash, so this is a good sign. :D[/QUOTE]

Mashing those Supers will net you ~ 70K, which is great. I know that's been an early concern for pad players for UMVC3.

My Day 1 Teams=

Nemesis/Dorm/Wesker
Wesker/Ghost Rider/Dorm

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone wanna mess around with the new characters later? I get out of my second job at 9 EST.

Also, I only have the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I wasn't around to get in on this. Was at my local session that IPlayWinner.com was streaming. Really shitty turnout for a brand new game that everyone seemed hype for. Could be that there is a big session tomorrow as well.

Oh well!

I'll probably be on tonight again, because I work tonight till 9:30 PM and again tomorrow at 9:30 AM.

Been messing around with a few different teams, and have put some time in the lab with all of the new characters. I've only played like 11 Ranked Matches (8 and 3) and haven't spent almost any time in player match or local versus (aka I'm hella rusty / don't have a lot of xp).

Been using:
Iron Fist / Ghost Rider / Taskmaster
Nemesis / Ghost Rider / Taskmaster
Iron Fist / Dante / Taskmaster

We gotta play sometime Jim!

I still play my Day 0 Teams, but been playing a lot of one I randomly came up with in a long set with friends one night.

Nova (Grav. Pulse), Hawkeye (Quick Shot), Sentinel (Drones Charge)

It's pretty fun and they all DHC into each other pretty well. Nova getting Arrows + Drones to help him get in is really great. Helps cover his Centurion Rushes too.

[quote name='asianxcore']We gotta play sometime Jim!

I still play my Day 0 Teams, but been playing a lot of one I randomly came up with in a long set with friends one night.

Nova (Grav. Pulse), Hawkeye (Quick Shot), Sentinel (Drones Charge)

It's pretty fun and they all DHC into each other pretty well. Nova getting Arrows + Drones to help him get in is really great. Helps cover his Centurion Rushes too.[/QUOTE]
Definitely dude. I'm at a friend's tonight so I won't be on but whenever you wanna get some games in just PM or text me.

bread's done
Back