FGT XIX loves the smell of napalm in the morning.

99% sure that I'm done with Iron Fist on my main team (the one I use in Ranked). He really doesn't have enough tools

Suggestions to replace him? Thinking Dormammu maybe.... my team would look like this. Task-a/ Ghost Rider-b/ Dorm-a

Can't get into the flow of UMvC3... gahh! it's frustrating.

Learning a character, I'm like "k, I got that down", then 5 min later I'm like "k, I don't got that up", then 1 min later I'm like "k, I can do this", then 3 sec later I'm like

funny-dog-face-picture.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Can't get into the flow of UMvC3... gahh! it's frustrating.

Learning a character, I'm like "k, I got that down", then 5 min later I'm like "k, I don't got that up", then 1 min later I'm like "k, I can do this", then 3 sec later I'm like

funny-dog-face-picture.jpg
[/QUOTE]

tumblr_lnz00y8xmh1qbcq69.gif

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Just made a post for you in the GGT Rolento, read it learn it love it[/QUOTE]

thx just saw it

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
tumblr_lnz00y8xmh1qbcq69.gif
[/QUOTE]

dble thx :)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']99% sure that I'm done with Iron Fist on my main team (the one I use in Ranked). He really doesn't have enough tools

Suggestions to replace him? Thinking Dormammu maybe.... my team would look like this. Task-a/ Ghost Rider-b/ Dorm-a[/QUOTE]
That's funny because I was just about to give him a shot on one of my teams. I was running Frank West-a/Nemesis-b/Dormammu-a & was going to put Iron Fist in the middle. I was running it yesterday & having a real hard time getting in with him. The plan is to get Frank to Lvl4 fast (which I have a setup with those two assists to get there) & DHC in Iron Fist so he has shopping cart to back him up.

I like Nemesis, but I feel he fits better on another team I have (Nem-b/Wesker-b/Doom-a). The ground bounce didn't really help at all since Frank's is really good, especially at the higher levels.

As for Dorm, he's really good in this game. I think he could work well on that team you have. I know jumping tentacles with dark hole assist was really annoying with Nem/Dorm, I bet it'd be every worse with Ghost Rider's jumping S.

I've never been sold on Dorm as an Anchor, maybe it's because naturally I think he's most annoying 2nd. He gains all the meter from the 1st character and he has (hopefully) a great Assist to up his annoying factor.

Though if you are really intent on playing that team Jim, I would go with Ghost/Dorm/Task.

Mostly because:

-Ghost Rider gets Dark Hole Assist for the dead spots in his Keepaway/Zoning. Task's Arrows take care of the Horizontal Zoning while Ghost Rider covers about everything else.

-I don't think Task gains too much from having Ghost Rider's Assists backing him up same with Dorm's (usually it's Dark Hole). I also don't really like how Taskmaster DHC's into Ghost Rider (Ground and Air).

-Ghost Rider gets good relanches with Hellfire + Dark Hole Assist

-Ghost Rider DHC into either Stalking Flare (to continue Keepaway) or Chaotic Flame is good.

-Dorm's Tools + Taskmaster Arrows are too too good. I saw this first hand when Chrisis had me try out a team he made once, Zero/Dorm/Task in Vanilla. Dorm's new tools already have people trying to block in every which way direction, with those Arrows you can be even more confusing, aggressive and ambiguous with all of your mixups.

Iron Fist is meh, but on the right team he's ridiculous. One of my friends has been learning UMVC3 for the first time and is really good so far. After some talks to him about what characters he was set on playing because of favortism, we settled on Iron Fist (Dragon Fang)/Iron Man (UniBeam)/Strider Hiryu (Varja)

That team alone makes it really hard for some teams to completely run away from Iron Fist's ground game and make his crossup, mixup game more ambiguous with UniBeam. Also having those two Assists make it pretty easy for Iron Fist to get in and eventually stay in.

P.S: Stop playing Skyrim and play against me in UMVC3

good news! I got the new Tekken and KOF for the triple!!!

bad news, there's this girl, she isnt responding to my text message lol.

it means I have time to play them now!! any1 else played them yet??

lol Im not making fun of manana, it's my true story.

anywayz yah jus played sum KOF.

game is fun I guess,

game is hella tough lol. I dont play KOF games so Im having a hard time doing trials.

but also, game lags lol. it's EZ to win if u pick Athena and spam crouching fierce lol.

[quote name='JEKKI']lol Im not making fun of manana, it's my true story.

anywayz yah jus played sum KOF.

game is fun I guess,

game is hella tough lol. I dont play KOF games so Im having a hard time doing trials.

but also, game lags lol. it's EZ to win if u pick Athena and spam crouching fierce lol.[/QUOTE]

Arcade version has an option to turn off inherent input lag, guess they left it on for consoles. :rofl:

[quote name='distgfx']Arcade version has an option to turn off inherent input lag, guess they left it on for consoles. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
What causes this inherent input lag?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']What causes this inherent input lag?[/QUOTE]

I have no clue how they coded it, but there's literally an option in the arcade version's service menu that lets you turn input lag on or off. I laughed my ass off when I saw it and I assume they might have left it on for consoles. As far as I know it was on by default.

I donno what u guys talkin about lol. Im talkin about online tho.

there's still input lag on the character select screen lol.

and like I dont play SNK games nor am good at them so I would think doing baby jumps into air attack is a good strategy, but as if that wasnt tough enough to do already it's tougher online.

serious yo. OG marvel 3 is better lol.

[quote name='JEKKI']I donno what u guys talkin about lol. Im talkin about online tho.

there's still input lag on the character select screen lol.

and like I dont play SNK games nor am good at them so I would think doing baby jumps into air attack is a good strategy, but as if that wasnt tough enough to do already it's tougher online.

serious yo. OG marvel 3 is better lol.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you were just talking about the online? Well shit, it's SNK, I would expect no less from them. They seriously need some fuckin' help.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, because Sakura was so overpowered.[/QUOTE]

That's a legit buff.

u kno what I hate?!?!

when I got like an hour left to kill before sleeping and figure it would be a good time to play a quick game of either fighter or shmup.

but the problem is Im not wearing pants, and if I place my stick on my lap the thing is freakin cold....

I mean yah I could jus put on sum pants... but like... why would I do that?!?!

[quote name='heavyd853']just keep a small towel around for shit.[/QUOTE]fukk.

my mind is blown...

fukkyn Seattle technology man... I serioulsy woulda never even thought of that...

[quote name='JEKKI']fukk.

my mind is blown...

fukkyn Seattle technology man... I serioulsy woulda never even thought of that...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Man this made my night.

anywho, some serious salt going on here in comments:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/01/unconfirmed-custom-combo-macros-in-street-fighter-x-tekken/

I'm fine with macros honestly. I think there's alot of good players out there who don't want to end up playing another UMvC3 (including me, except I'm not good).

[quote name='hankmecrankme']lol SF x Tekken just keeps getting better and better. ^__^[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much been awesome since it was announced, with probably the only thins I've been caring about so far is character reveals and the costume shit, which is awesome btw.

Still damn pumped about how much Tekken + Final Fight love this game has. Loving that special Japanese ceremonial Final Fight Stage with Sodom rockin' out.

who cares, i'm sure that shit will be disabled in tournament play anyway

god so much complaining from people who haven't played the game

[quote name='distgfx']As if the combos being chains weren't easy enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty straightforward

[quote name='kainzero']who cares, i'm sure that shit will be disabled in tournament play anyway

god so much complaining from people who haven't played the game[/QUOTE]

I always take pre release talk with huge kosher grains of salt.

[quote name='kainzero']who cares, i'm sure that shit will be disabled in tournament play anyway

I want them to leave it all in for tournament play. Gems = X factor, basically, which is all good to me.

I want to see pros getting exposed by pad warriors with macros and gems. :bouncy:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I want them to leave it all in for tournament play. Gems = X factor, basically, which is all good to me.

I want to see pros getting exposed by pad warriors with macros and gems. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

So I finally have cut through the meat of most of my backlog and am playing UMvC3 more...

Spencer is really more enjoyable now and Frank is getting easier to use... Still having trouble with nova so he might get switched out..

Any spencer tips? I'm loving his A+S uses for getting around

Learn to hit to overhead into armor piercer link. Hits people all the time, especially during rushdown pressure/assist lockdown. Dash into low jab or command grab and thems your basic ground mixups.

Watch out when you're swinging around. You can get thrown out of it pretty easy. air H or S (I forget) tends to cross up after a forward air A+S.

random BIONIC ARM errything

Spencer can run away from people all day long. Just swingin 'round. Dont be afraid to be lame and run the timer out.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'd pay to see that.[/QUOTE]shutup! no u wont!!

u wont pay for anything!!

hello!! you're broke!

[quote name='distgfx']I have no clue how they coded it, but there's literally an option in the arcade version's service menu that lets you turn input lag on or off. I laughed my ass off when I saw it and I assume they might have left it on for consoles. As far as I know it was on by default.[/QUOTE]

I can answer this. The reason there's lag is due to the monitors used. One of the vewlix monitors. The red monitor has no lag at all. The blue monitor has two frames of lag, but is significantly cheaper then the red monitor vewlix.

The two frames of input lag is an option on the red monitor that you can toggle on and off so it plays like the blue monitor vewlix. However, most Arcade operators kept this option off if they had the red version.

It was essentially a form of compensation to make it so going from blue to red vewlix monitors didn't change gameplay and it had the same amount of lag.

So did anyone ever comment on which KOFXIII version is better? Is the netcode shitty on both? Because Imma pick one version up soon, and I needsta know!

[quote name='Paco']I can answer this. The reason there's lag is due to the monitors used. One of the vewlix monitors. The red monitor has no lag at all. The blue monitor has two frames of lag, but is significantly cheaper then the red monitor vewlix.

The two frames of input lag is an option on the red monitor that you can toggle on and off so it plays like the blue monitor vewlix. However, most Arcade operators kept this option off if they had the red version.

It was essentially a form of compensation to make it so going from blue to red vewlix monitors didn't change gameplay and it had the same amount of lag.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.

I complained about the build @ UMVC3 vs. NorCal 1, but that's because I actually played it :)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']So did anyone ever comment on which KOFXIII version is better? Is the netcode shitty on both? Because Imma pick one version up soon, and I needsta know![/QUOTE]

Netcode is equally shitty on BOTH consoles. The PS3 version does have more players then the 360 version though. Do keep in mind that standard USB controllers do NOT work on the PS3 version though. So those generic usb saturn pads do not work.

[quote name='Paco']Netcode is equally shitty on BOTH consoles. The PS3 version does have more players then the 360 version though. Do keep in mind that standard USB controllers do NOT work on the PS3 version though. So those generic usb saturn pads do not work.[/QUOTE]
I'll get the PS3 version then. I don't have any of those generic USB Saturn pads, just a VSHG with a Cthulhu PCB.

forgot to mention a huge thanks for AsianX recommending the eTokki 360/PS2 converter... I love it. I think I won't use my 360 pads at all anymore unless I'm playing an FPS.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'll get the PS3 version then. I don't have any of those generic USB Saturn pads, just a VSHG with a Cthulhu PCB.[/QUOTE]

If you got it on PS3, hit me up and I'll show you how the Mexicans play that there KOFS.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']It's pretty much been awesome since it was announced, with probably the only thins I've been caring about so far is character reveals and the costume shit, which is awesome btw.

Still damn pumped about how much Tekken + Final Fight love this game has. Loving that special Japanese ceremonial Final Fight Stage with Sodom rockin' out.[/QUOTE]

But can you play as Sodom? No! I want my Sodomy damnit!

I might be going out with a very hot female tonight.. I'm surprised. I used to think only busted bitches liked me.

[quote name='Paco']If you got it on PS3, hit me up and I'll show you how the Mexicans play that there KOFS.[/QUOTE]
You know it.

We shall lag out like nobody's business.
[quote name='PhrostByte']But can you play as Sodom? No! I want my Sodomy damnit!

I might be going out with a very hot female tonight.. I'm surprised. I used to think only busted bitches liked me.[/QUOTE]
What's with this "might be" shit? Do it. Get that hotness.

And stop thinking only the busteds want you. Because then that's what you'll end up with. And nobody wants to wake up to a busted ass ho.

Nah my $$$$a it aint like that. I KNOW I'm the shit. I was just unsure of whether or not the hot broads got the memo or not.

bread's done
Back