FGT XX isn't as good as Guilty Gear XX

maaaaan I remember the olden days when Rolenta was still young n innocent;

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=3858

freakin late bloomers lol. I cant wait to see what kinda high horse the manana will be on once he gets his first taste of a girl

sike~!! that aint gonna happen lol

[quote name='asianxcore']I also have to try that Mac N' Cheese place JEKKI kept talking about.[/QUOTE]I wish there was a mac n cheez place lol, that would be tite!!

alas, u are thinking about Wicked Spoon buffet, which has a custom mac n cheez bar in it!

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Got my hotel for EVO. :whee: Now I gotta firgure if it'll be cheaper to fly or drive to vegas from Cali.[/QUOTE]aw maaaaaaan. Id totally take you, but we come from socal

No worries JEKKI, Hope to see you there!

I really want a VLX. I almost bought FlashMetroid's but his stick has extra bells and whistles I can't afford, for now. :(

i'll go to evo this year
didn't go last year because i didn't want to

kinda want to this year just to chill

[quote name='JEKKI']
alas, u are thinking about Wicked Spoon buffet, which has a custom mac n cheez bar in it!
[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's the place. I must eat there once this coming EVO.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']:grouphug:[/QUOTE]
:grouphug: _____________:dunce:

i go to evo to talk about pants and to watch vidpower disappear

Yeah, I got the PCB finally (with emails from the CS rep, though they slowed down a bit at the end). He had already mentioned taking apart his stick, which I said was excessive, but I suppose that's still cheaper than shipping a new stick. I applaud the fast shipping, too. I don't know how he took 1 day to say he couldn't find a replacement PCB the first time, and then a week to not be able to find it a second time, though.

distgfx, you never played me in AH3, but I'll be getting BBCSE for PS3 too. Quit your UC3 excuses and play.

[quote name='AkariK']distgfx, you never played me in AH3, but I'll be getting BBCSE for PS3 too. Quit your UC3 excuses and play.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I haven't touched that game in weeks. I beat it in like... 3 days and haven't touched it since!

[quote name='MarkMan']lol continues to call you guys virgin then complains about Tekken 3DS and Vita coming in on the same day.[/QUOTE]

Tekken 3DS? Are people actually excited for that?

Have they never played on a 3DS pad or something.....

They'll be in for a rude awakening

Also, my valentines day is going to be a bottle of patron and Opeth!

I might have to actually do something with a girl or two though, which would be totally lame

Just got my Hori SCV Stick. :whee: It's only slightly bigger than the TE but the extra wrist space and space in between the stick and buttons makes a world of a difference. Here's a pic comparison.

20120214_150028.jpg

And thank you Hori for adding extra space for the cord! I can literally wrap the cord around my hand and have enough space to put it back into the compartment with ease, unlike the TE. You can't see it in the pic but there are pseudo-handles on the sides of the stick where you can grip it to carry it easier. The metal faceplate is flush with the rest of the stick and feels quite manly :lol:. Only downside is there are no custom faceplates for it....yet. :D Loving it so far.

Thanks for posting your comparison pic Noteless. The extra cord room is always appreciated. The fact that there isn't much in the TE and the opening for the cord when the door is closed is so small, leads to a lot of wire/cord issues.

A friend of mine who is better at these things than I am, had to cut then splice my TE cord back together since the cord door was pinching the wires inside the TE cord.

Is the SCV artwork under some sort of plexi? Easily replaceable?

Unfortunately that's the downside. The artwork is glued on to the faceplate and you either have to forcibly remove it or use a heatgun. AFAIK there are no plexi frames for this stick...yet. Hopefully Art Hong or someone else can fix something up.

K, played quite a bit of Tekken 3DS. It's a good on the go game, but feels like just a quick arcade in and out feel. It feels like Tekken 6 on PSP except with all story and customization thrown out and just quick/rank/survival battle as your main form of entertainment. Character models look good but textures are a bit washed out and the only ones with real stand out noticeable differences are the Mishimas (younger Kaz and Hei).

Getting Tekken cards to collect is cool but most of it is reused art so... I like the Tekken1,2,3 stuff though.

I will say there's alot of fucking castle stages in this version... so much I want to call this game Tekken: Castle Edition. There's at least like 8 castle stages all built almost the same. I'm sure it had to do with memory issues.

The best part of the game has to be the new stages and music though. I love how now the city rooftop you can smash down into the bowling alleys. The wooden shack stage is nice too.

Also impressed there's no slowdown when 3D is turned on.

I hate the d-pad and buttons. Same gripes I have with SSFIV3D is that the dpad feels just a tad too tiny, as well as the face buttons. Plus, the clicky nature of them dosn't help. The use of L and R as "Shift" keys to access mapped macros to the face buttons is interesting but is probably good only if you suck at Tekken or have just that one move you can't get right or forget the input all the time.

[quote name='Jest']Is anyone playing SCV on PS3?[/QUOTE]

I am, hit me up if you see me playing.

heads up, also if anyone forgot if ur PS+ you get Battle Fantasia free.

Is the Battle Fantasia announcer the same as the Power Stone guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='distgfx']
I missed this post earlier somehow. I'm getting it, but for PS3 instead.[/QUOTE]
Oh well. If you ever get it on the 360, hit me up. Still waiting on my Amazon copy :cry:.

I'm not that suprised with Norcal being on there, as one of the stipulations is that you must be willing to hang out in NORCAL for long periods of time.

[quote name='B:L']I'm not that suprised with Norcal being on there, as one of the stipulations is that you must be willing to hang out in NORCAL for long periods of time.[/QUOTE]

Really happy with 200 Yen, Super Yan and Bronson all making it. Too bad Mr. Naps couldn't get on Team Tekken, though I'm not sure if he submitted a video or not.

[quote name='asianxcore']Really happy with 200 Yen, Super Yan and Bronson all making it. Too bad Mr. Naps couldn't get on Team Tekken, though I'm not sure if he submitted a video or not.[/QUOTE]
i can see people getting mad at miranda, haha
she's a cool person but i can see people getting irked by her, lol

she laughs at my retarded jokes all the time so she's cool in my book :applause:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']

Also impressed there's no slowdown when 3D is turned on.

[/QUOTE]

Nintendo requires developers to have no slowdown.

[quote name='kainzero']i can see people getting mad at miranda, haha
she's a cool person but i can see people getting irked by her, lol

she laughs at my retarded jokes all the time so she's cool in my book :applause:[/QUOTE]

I'll still be confused if people get irked by Miranda but not Sherry.

[quote name='heavyd853']Nintendo requires developers to have no slowdown.[/QUOTE]

I probably said the wrong thing... The frame rate stays the same unlike DOA.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']This is a pretty cool video. Goes a bit more in-depth with Hugo and Rolento, two characters I'm looking forward to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwiR1B_YytY&hd=1

Funny part in the video when the guy is going over Rolento's normals, though. He is talking about how they out-prioritize everything and then they keep on getting beat out by Ryu's cr. MK[/QUOTE]

I expect once this game launches that my Team (Rolento + Whoever) is going to get fucked up alot since my PSN name is Rolento and people will expect me to actually be good with him :(

[quote name='JEKKI']Accent Core coming to home systems with online play~!!!!

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=556

the only thing that could make me happier rite now is if I got a phone call from Shimi and he said

"hey JEKKI! do u wanna go to Giamela and Otis Jackson??"

but that will never happen :cry:[/QUOTE]

So hyped! Have it on Wii (I sometimes think I'm retarded or something. Though I did pick up a PS2 controller adapter), but now can play online and use my TE! Cannot wait!

Also excited for GG. Not super into the game but I like it well enough to buy it again and support that kind of project. Venom and Eddie 4 life. I liked Dizzy too.

So who is everyone thinking about playing in SFxT? So far some teams I've been theory building are Hugo and King, Ken and Jin, Ogre and Heihachi (one of my old TTT teams) and Bison and Yoshimitsu. Just really stoked for the game in general.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So who is everyone thinking about playing in SFxT? So far some teams I've been theory building are Hugo and King, Ken and Jin, Ogre and Heihachi (one of my old TTT teams) and Bison and Yoshimitsu. Just really stoked for the game in general.[/QUOTE]

Cole and Mega Man.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So who is everyone thinking about playing in SFxT? So far some teams I've been theory building are Hugo and King, Ken and Jin, Ogre and Heihachi (one of my old TTT teams) and Bison and Yoshimitsu. Just really stoked for the game in general.[/QUOTE]

Pac-Man and Poison. I don't know much about the fighting styles of any of the Tekken characters (although obviously they are having to modify them for 2D) so I'm looking forward to trying some of them out. Kind of interested in Julia and Lili, plus Kuma looks super silly so I'll probably have to investigate him too.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I hate both of you.[/QUOTE]

At least you aren't going to have to play with them... me and ihadFG should totally do a Sony cat showdown.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I hate both of you.[/QUOTE]

Why? I'm being dead serious. I can't wait to do some meaty electric balls with Cole.

bread's done
Back