FGT XXII harassed Ono via Twitter #SF4Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the crowds were so low for SF x TK they swapped that and MK putting MK finals on Sunday and SF x TK finals on Sat. Night during Marvel top 32.

None of the streams would work on IPhone today when they were nearly flawless on Sat. (stopped working during Marvel top 32 but just thought it was b/c of stream numbers.)

SFXT will be dead after evo whens the last time its been streamed?

Also disappointed in marlinpie was hoping he'd win yesterday =[

Love it, game will be dead by the time they release the characters. ^__^

Should just give them away. But by then, I won't even care because I'll be playing Tekken Tag 2. :bouncy:

All of Marvel Top 32 all the way to Grand Finals was pretty hype, but I am getting pretty sick of seeing Vergil. At least Zero's lightning loops are fun to watch, when I see a Vergil combo, I just turn away for a minute or two while it goes on.

AE was pretty awesome, too. Pretty crazy to see how America has stepped its game up. Will be interesting to see what happens as Evo.

Those are the only two games I really enjoy playing/watching. SFxT got real boring, real fast. It's a shame, too, because I was looking forward to the game.

Marvel was great, but I was definitely hoping for more stylin' vergil combos whenever I saw him. Yipes has some sweet vergil and dante combos. Him and Marlinpie are, by far, the most entertaining players to watch.

AE was... AE, not much to say there.

I completely missed SFxT, were there at least some unique team combinations or hype moments? You know, not your standard ABCC tag fest with ryu steam rolling everybody, but getting somebody who actually likes the game to show off new stuff.

EDIT: Good lord, it was exactly as I had predicted. It doesn't help that the commentators were talking shit about the game while they were supposed to be commentating. Then when they talk about why people don't like the game, they didn't give ANY reasons, SMH. Get the bad taste of those finals out of your mouth with something better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQqv1V3cdP0

Last edited by a moderator:
^SFXT wasn't streamed. I think
Jebailey posted a pic of people watching the finals only 4 guys around a tv.
Yes I also love watching yipes play but love him more commentating and love watching marlinpie play as well. If ski is on mic I mute the stream. =D

nvm here it is
scaled.php

[quote name='GUNNM']^SFXT wasn't streamed. I think
Jebailey posted a pic of people watching the finals only 4 guys around a tv.
Yes I also love watching yipes play but love him more commentating and love watching marlinpie play as well. If ski is on mic I mute the stream. =D[/QUOTE]

Then what the hell did I watch?

It's okay, I'm used to playing games that aren't popular. :cool:

One of the problems with SFxT is that they're planning a massive overhaul, so right now it's kind of lame duck status.

[quote name='kainzero']One of the problems with SFxT is that they're planning a massive overhaul, so right now it's kind of lame duck status.[/QUOTE]

Huh... that's a good point actually, no sense in putting time into a game that's getting an overhaul.

[quote name='distgfx']Marvel... always entertaining even if I don't play it.
AE2012... I safe click into an option-select so my browser closes the stream.

Saw some BlazBlue, so that was sweet, but where the fuck is my SFxT?[/QUOTE]
I was at CEO this weekend & it was kind of eye opening as to how the community feels about SFXT. Lots of people were getting DQed in pools because they really didn't care. Once pools were over & the stations were set up for casuals, almost all of the 8 SFXT stations sat empty.

I had a blast this weekend though. Went 0-2 in AE (fought Bala 1st round :cry:) & 2-2 in Marvel. Got in lots of good games & saw some great matches. I'm really kind of interested in KOFXIII after watching Top 8. It was getting fucking ridiculous. Mago vs Romance on Saturday was completely overshadowing Skullgirls grand finals on the main stage.

I didn't even realize CEO was coming up until I heard about the stream. I should probably make an effort to go there next time since it'll just cost me the spectator pass and gas.

[quote name='option.iv']CEO was this past weekend? I've been out of the FG loop for a little bit. Dem faitin gaymz.

uraizen you lazy ass $$$$a.[/QUOTE]

Team NAH, etc.

[quote name='distgfx']I didn't even realize CEO was coming up until I heard about the stream. I should probably make an effort to go there next time since it'll just cost me the spectator pass and gas.[/QUOTE]
Spectator badges were like $20 this year. You can play in casuals all weekend as well.

I bought KOFXIII today, anyone play on Xbox?

[quote name='MtlTom']I bought KOFXIII today, anyone play on Xbox?[/QUOTE]

Don't even bother trying to play it online, the netcode absolutely horrible. A real shame because the game is so damn good.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']shit... means I got alot more work to do than I realized >_<

I move as soon as I get back from evo.[/QUOTE]
Procrastination.

Also curleh mustache is July 1st. Today mago might be at WNF and yipes and marlin might be at FGTV

[quote name='option.iv']Seth Killian is now gone... You guys ready for another Fighting Game Dark Ages?[/QUOTE]

It was discussed last night on my friend Crackfiend's stream.

The last time he said the FGC was in the Dark Ages was around 2008 when John Choi won both ST and CVS2 at EVO.

We still have passionate players/people in the community that are working on various projects to keep the community moving forward.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to Capcom taking a break from fighters after they fix up SFxT a bit. Just as long as they don't completely give up on the genre.

We need a new ghosts n goblins/mega man/ace attorney/U N Squadron game(even though they can't). Capcom needs to stop making fighters

[quote name='distgfx']I certainly wouldn't be opposed to Capcom taking a break from fighters after they fix up SFxT a bit. Just as long as they don't completely give up on the genre.[/QUOTE]
This.

And don't use Dumps next time.

[quote name='distgfx']All made by the wonderful people at Ninja Theory and Slant Six.[/QUOTE]
Megaman Legends 3, made by Slant Six, Unreal Engine 3. Do it.

[quote name='GUNNM']We need a new ghosts n goblins/mega man/ace attorney/U N Squadron game(even though they can't). Capcom needs to stop making fighters[/QUOTE]
I'd prefer Asura's Wrath 2. It'd be awesome.

The only people mad at Phoenix Wright being included in UMvC3 were people who actually play Phoenix Wright games and complained that they got that instead of a translated Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

Like me.

[quote name='GUNNM']At least they included him could think of a certain mascot of capcom who wasn't even in the game. ;)[/QUOTE]

I can't; at least nobody important.

EDIT: WAIT! ASURA! You clever bastard.

[quote name='kainzero']The only people mad at Phoenix Wright being included in UMvC3 were people who actually play Phoenix Wright games and complained that they got that instead of a translated Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

Like me.[/QUOTE]

My complaint is that they nerfed him when he was one of the weakest characters in the game.

Same with Tron. :booty:

Trish is the easiest she do the infinite off of anything it seems but magneto you need two down TAC's which is pretty useless but now you're gonna have people figuring out infinite before EVO as they're allowed.

[quote name='GUNNM']Every SFXT tech will be new because no one has seen the game since that capcom competition. ^_%[/QUOTE]

It's not my fault good games get overlooked for more popular ones. :nottalking:

Can't blame them since AE and Mahvel is where the money is, but still. Just look at the prizes for each game.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/24/rec...uel-for-over-100000-at-evo-2012-world-finals/

• $25,000 Super Street Fighter IV, Arcade Edition 2012
  • $23,000 Mortal Kombat 9
  • $15,000 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • $15,000 for Sega’s Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown event (BYOC event)
  • $11,000 King of Fighters XIII
  • $9,000 Street Fighter X Tekken
  • $5,000 Soul Calibur V

That's a lot of damned money for MK9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back