Fighter Thread 2: Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yeah, the parts are animated indivudially. I remember fighting a female character and her top was slowly peeling off.

I'd love to go to more tournaments (I did alot in my collage days, going to Orlando for the Tekken Tag Tournament was fun.) But I don't know of any good arcades that are still into the fighting sceene near South Florida. Any places you know of Rolento?[/QUOTE]

I wish I did know of a good place to go... the closest I've come to a group of guys is a friend of mine who keeps asking me to come and meet his freinds. All the guys are tekkenzaibatsu.com guys and get together regularly for some tekken or soul calibur sparring. I would love to go, but I keep forgetting to put my name in (or even going) for the meet up. my bad luck, but somethign that would be awsome to go to. I need to put my Bryan skills and devil jin skills to the test.

[quote name='The VGM']Really? Where does it say I have to?

I'd go there and use a controller and beat all them dudes. They don't want to fuck around with me.[/QUOTE]

Sure buddy. You know the intent of my post, you don't have to go about it like that.

And if you do go with a controller you won't be the only one there with one... it's a console tournament.

[quote name='MarkMan']Sure buddy. You know the intent of my post, you don't have to go about it like that.

And if you do go with a controller you won't be the only one there with one... it's a console tournament.[/QUOTE]

lol alright there will be like 4 others.

[quote name='MarkMan']Sure buddy. You know the intent of my post, you don't have to go about it like that.

And if you do go with a controller you won't be the only one there with one... it's a console tournament.[/QUOTE]
EVO 04 was crazy...daigo had to have the best all time final performance ever.no life left and parrys Justin's Chun Li Hokyosen and then turns it into kens super. that had to be the best come back i have ever seen. by the way Justin Wong is god at MVC 2 even tho he lost ECC this year.
anyway...
1. What fighting game has the best announcer/narrator/MC? the worst? the best one i have to say is Guilty Gear X.i cant even think of a worst mc in fighter. i know the worst one ever is the MC from DDR... what a douche that guy is.
2. What fighting game has the best intro? the worst? Best intro- i agree with Rolento i like all the Tekken openings. the worst one i seen martial champions i just thought is was bland.
3. What is the worst looking fighting game you have ever played? Time Killers
4. What is the most unfair fighting game you have ever played i cant remember...
(unbeatable/impossible AI)?
5. Would you like to see a new type of fighting game that plays in First-Person view and actually plays good (I may be working on a game like this soon)?sure why not..anything has to be better than GRID
6. What fighting game has the best character(s) design? the worst? best character design i have to go with Tekken...They always seem to get more detailed and better as time goes on. the worst i have seen was Time Killers
7. What fighting game has the best soundtrack? the worst?Street Fighter 3rd Strike the worst i dunno i really only pay attention to something that sounds good.
8. What was the best year for fighting games in your opninion? 2000-2004 i have to go with that because thats when SF III came out and everything was coming out but even better like the Vs. series and Soul Calibur,DOA, etc.

One game that i liked but no one seemed to mentioned was Tech Romancer. I thought is was awesome seeing anime mecha fighting against each other i still have it and i still love playing it to this day.__________________

[quote name='The VGM']lol alright there will be like 4 others.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, there are more controller users than you think. "True" players know that it's not what you use to play that makes someone good, it's how you use it. Hell, the best SC2 player uses a PS2 controller.

1. What fighting game has the best announcer/narrator/MC? Soul Calibur the worst? Capcom vs. SNK 2
2. What fighting game has the best intro? Soul Edge (PS One) the worst? Street Fighter II
3. What is the worst looking fighting game you have ever played? Time Killers (Genesis)
4. What is the most unfair fighting game you have ever played(unbeatable/impossible AI)? WeaponLord (SNES)
5. Would you like to see a new type of fighting game that plays in First-Person view and actually plays good (I may be working on a game like this soon)? I can take it or leave it.
6. What fighting game has the best character(s) design? Samurai Shodown series, Street Fighter series, KOF series the worst? Star Gladiator (to freaky), Virtua Fighter series (too generic), War Gods (too stupid)
7. What fighting game has the best soundtrack? Soul Edge (PS One) BY FAR the worst?
8. What was the best year for fighting games in your opninion? Hard to say

When Tekken 5 first came out I was at are tekkenzaibatsu.com almost everyday getting combo's for Feng Wei. That was a great community of people, alot of people their know what they're talking about.

Bunch of new SNK news at http://www.cyberfanatix.com/ including some new KOF XI screen shots from Arcadia, News on Sanurai Showdown V coming to X-Box in America, and a movelist and boss characters revealed in Neo Geo: BC. One guy is named Neo Dio, figures.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']When Tekken 5 first came out I was at are tekkenzaibatsu.com almost everyday getting combo's for Feng Wei. That was a great community of people, alot of people their know what they're talking about.

Bunch of new SNK news at http://www.cyberfanatix.com/ including some new KOF XI screen shots from Arcadia, News on Sanurai Showdown V coming to X-Box in America, and a movelist and boss characters revealed in Neo Geo: BC. One guy is named Neo Dio, figures.[/QUOTE]

That new boss looks like the bastard child of Rugal Bernstein, Wolfgang Krauser, and Igniz.

So yesterday I just got my Neo Geo Pocket Color in the mail yesterday from the deal at estarland.com with the 6 games, and I've been playing it ever since it got here. Samurai Showdown! 2 is great, definitely one of the best handheld fighters I've played in recent memory. The whole card unlocking deal adds a lot of replay value to the game.

I plan on getting Cardfighter's Clash, Mark of the Millienium, and a few other games off of ebay sometime soon.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']by the by, anyonewho says tekken sucks needs to suck a long hard one...

yeah, I am kinda pissed at the changes made on bryan (especially his Mach Punsh delay... if I read it right) in Tekken 5.1

I highly doubt we will see a console release of Tekken 5.1. The team working on the tekken series is busy as is. They're working on both Urban Reign (Paul and Law are in the game) and Tekken on the PS3. so tey have their hands full unless another namco hometech team puts it all together.

to bring up some good questions... answer whatever ones you like:

1. What fighting game has the best announcer/narrator/MC? the worst?
2. What fighting game has the best intro? the worst?
3. What is the worst looking fighting game you have ever played?
4. What is the most unfair fighting game you have ever played
(unbeatable/impossible AI)?
5. Would you like to see a new type of fighting game that plays in First-Person view and actually plays good (I may be working on a game like this soon)?
6. What fighting game has the best character(s) design? the worst?
7. What fighting game has the best soundtrack? the worst?
8. What was the best year for fighting games in your opninion?[/QUOTE]

Tekken sucks, and I'm not sucking shit. :lol:

1. They all suck
2. Soul Calibur 2? I don't know, I usually skip them
3. Just about anything Capcom
4. Couldn't say
5. No
6. Guilty Gear / ?
7. I never pay much attention ... most are bad
8. No idea

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah... i think nice animation started with SNK's king of fighters, but now games such as SFIII and GGX/XX go even further and are even better. I still think there is alot fo room for improvement (think the animation of old disney films... that's damn impressive!) but 2D art usually takes alot more hard work animating correctly than 3d[/QUOTE]

I'd have to say Darkstalkers in 1994 was the first really great jump in animation.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'd have to say Darkstalkers in 1994 was the first really great jump in animation.[/QUOTE]

The cruel irony in that statement is that Capcom is still using those same old DS sprites in their 2D fighters to this day.

[quote name='Purple Flames']The cruel irony in that statement is that Capcom is still using those same old DS sprites in their 2D fighters to this day.[/QUOTE]

11 years of the same old sprite, Capcom really loves their fans. At least SNK will change a stance animation every couple years. But the animation in Darkstalkers was really nice back in 94'.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Tekken sucks, and I'm not sucking shit. :lol:

1. They all suck
2. Soul Calibur 2? I don't know, I usually skip them
3. Just about anything Capcom
4. Couldn't say
5. No
6. Guilty Gear / ?
7. I never pay much attention ... most are bad
8. No idea[/QUOTE]

Bad taste in women AND fighters? Ouch.

i have a group of guys that i can meet up for tekken, but I can never make it due to crap times or not being well informed... if i know of anything rodimus i'll let you know.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']11 years of the same old sprite, Capcom really loves their fans. At least SNK will change a stance animation every couple years. But the animation in Darkstalkers was really nice back in 94'.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't update Morrigan's sprite for Capcom vs. SNK 2. It was nice seeing SNK characters get a face lift in that game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i think the sprites now have hollywood agents... that's why there still around.[/QUOTE] Morrigan's sprite could use a little Hollywood cosmetic surgery. I doubt if Capcom will ever get serious about fighters again. I wish they would let SNK or Sammy license the DS characters.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Morrigan's sprite could use a little Hollywood cosmetic surgery. I doubt if Capcom will ever get serious about fighters again. I wish they would let SNK or Sammy license the DS characters.[/QUOTE]

your post reminded me of the rumors for the GGX vs DS crossover game... man that would be sweet... ONLY if they updated the DS sprites.

[quote name='The VGM']Bad taste in women AND fighters? Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Oh it's on now bitch. :bomb: :lol:

Anyone who prefers Tekken to Virtua Fighter is fucked in the head. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Oh it's on now bitch. :bomb: :lol:

Anyone who prefers Tekken to Virtua Fighter is fucked in the head. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
looks like someone wants to start a brawl... well, this is the right thread to do so :)

Anyone who prefers Tekken to Virtua Fighter is fucked in the head. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ow, my head!! :lol:

I prefer the character designs in Tekken (although VF4 finally started getting better in that regard, IMO). Lei Wulong is one of my favorite characters of all time. That's mainly because he is essentially a Jackie Chan clone and Jackie is my favorite actor.

I love the characters and story in Tekken (almost every aspect of the game makes me happy), but I do wish Namco put as much time into the story is it has been doing with Soul Calibur, because Tekken has alot of armspace for an even better story (I like it so far though, even though it can be a bit ridiculus at times)

I still

Hey, what are some of the crappiest fighters you guys have played? War Gods and Time Killers would have to be near the top of my list.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Oh, so you're one of those guys. :roll: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Don't act like you don't love me too.

Crappy fighters, hmmmmm DOA, VF4, Tekken 5, the new Mortal Kombats....

Oh, help out the founder of these fine threads and bump my TL!

Rolento - Thanks, let me know if you wanna get togther and play some fighters. I've been starving for competition.

You could prefer either VF4 or Tekken5 and you'd be cool with me. I got nothing against any of them, but I do prefer Tekken 5 alittle more, and not cause it plays better but I know more people that play it. You can only go so far in arcade mode by yourself before you get bored.

Worst Fighter Ever - Fight for Life (Jaguar) If you're bitching because you think DOA, Tekken, or Virtua Fighter are awful then you have no sense of what "crap" really is. And if you never played it, (and chances are you haven't) keep it that way. Your life will be filled with more joy.

i really really want to play melty blood, but suxorz pc = no love

any chance of seeing it on the Gamecube? ...... hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

VGM, I can see you haven't had the pleasure of playing Time Killers, Bloodstorm, Way of the Warrior, the U.S. version of Ranma 1/2(under a different name and different characters) FX Fighter, Pray for Death, Rise of the Robots, Fighters History, the weird SNK fighters that didn't get popular or any of the other games that are fit for a hole in the desert.

for that, you are probably much better off ;-)

i do agree with you about the new Mortal Kombats. they are fun until you figure out that the whole game revolves around side stepping and doing the biggest dial-a-combo possible...

^^^^No, I tend to steer clear of shit.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']i really really want to play melty blood, but suxorz pc = no love

any chance of seeing it on the Gamecube? ...... hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH[/QUOTE]

Play it in the arcade while you're in Japan!

[quote name='Sleepkyng']i really really want to play melty blood, but suxorz pc = no love

any chance of seeing it on the Gamecube? ...... hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH[/QUOTE]

dude. Melty Blood on gamecube :drool: :drool: :drool: there was talk that it might come to the Dreamcast, since Sega published the arcade game, but it doesn't look like it's happening.

look for the arcade version in Japan! It's called Melty Blood: Act Cadenza-- and let us know how it is!

and Sleepykyng-- I know the reason for your trip isn't to buy stuff for random strangers on the internet-- but if you happen to see a cheap copy of Melty Blood and just happen to think of "that Apossum dude who would worship the ground I walk on if I bought this for him," please pick it up for me. :)

The man has a point. I don't agree with the Soul Calibur comment, but Virtua Fighter is so much better than Tekken.

[quote name='Apossum']dude. Melty Blood on gamecube :drool: :drool: :drool: there was talk that it might come to the Dreamcast, since Sega published the arcade game, but it doesn't look like it's happening.

look for the arcade version in Japan! It's called Melty Blood: Act Cadenza-- and let us know how it is!

and Sleepykyng-- I know the reason for your trip isn't to buy stuff for random strangers on the internet-- but if you happen to see a cheap copy of Melty Blood and just happen to think of "that Apossum dude who would worship the ground I walk on if I bought this for him," please pick it up for me. :)[/QUOTE]

Actually it is, check out his topic in the trade forum. ;)

[quote name='Tromack']The man has a point. I don't agree with the Soul Calibur comment, but Virtua Fighter is so much better than Tekken.[/QUOTE]

Not uh

[quote name='Tromack']Worst fighting game ever? Well the worst I ever played was Clayfighters. God what were they/I thinking?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I forgot about that one! I think we had to play that for the Blockbuster game championships back in the day. I remember it had that nauseating vocal theme on the title screen too. The idea wasn't bad, it's just that it was executed with style in mind over substance.

I played Melty Blood in Japan, but I wasn't too impressed, and as far as I could see niether was Japan. I barely saw anyone play it.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I played Melty Blood in Japan, but I wasn't too impressed, and as far as I could see niether was Japan. I barely saw anyone play it.[/QUOTE]

That's cause me and Apossum beat all their asses and made them want to go back to SF3 3rd Strike.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Rolento - Thanks, let me know if you wanna get togther and play some fighters. I've been starving for competition.

You could prefer either VF4 or Tekken5 and you'd be cool with me. I got nothing against any of them, but I do prefer Tekken 5 alittle more, and not cause it plays better but I know more people that play it. You can only go so far in arcade mode by yourself before you get bored.

Worst Fighter Ever - Fight for Life (Jaguar) If you're bitching because you think DOA, Tekken, or Virtua Fighter are awful then you have no sense of what "crap" really is. And if you never played it, (and chances are you haven't) keep it that way. Your life will be filled with more joy.[/QUOTE]

sure, PM me or check if I'm on AIM (relentlesrolento) when you want to get a game goin sometime. I love Tekken 5 also, but don't be surprised if you whoop my ass... havent played Tekken in a little while and need to brush up my skills. those two games are the ones i put a good enough time into, so i'm good (though I can say I know i suck at VF).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sure, PM me or check if I'm on AIM (relentlesrolento) when you want to get a game goin sometime. I love Tekken 5 also, but don't be surprised if you whoop my ass... havent played Tekken in a little while and need to brush up my skills. those two games are the ones i put a good enough time into, so i'm good (though I can say I know i suck at VF).[/QUOTE]

I don't have AIM, I manly use my computer at work, and at my house I use my wife's computer which is a 4 year old I-Book. Can you get AIM on a Mac?

But don't feel to bad, I'm outta practice too. I got the crap beat out of me in Japan in just about every game. The only game I could hold my own in was KOF 2K2. Trust me, their are people who go to the arcades and play all day, that's their life when they're not working. I'm good but they're insane otaku freaks. Eveyone in the arcade was good, everyone knew what they were doing. But I noticed they don't exploit top tier characters as much as we do. I saw people use less popular characters like Roger and Jack and do well. And this goes for all games, not just Tekken 5.

i'm sure AIM works on macs now... if not, oh well... :(

yeah, i know some guy that wants to play me and plays as Roger. I usually respect people more who play as characters that most people barely touch. I love playing jack-5 but I need to figure out a good way to make him even better than he already is (or is not).

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I played Melty Blood in Japan, but I wasn't too impressed, and as far as I could see niether was Japan. I barely saw anyone play it.[/QUOTE]

it's more of a cult hit. Brand names like street fighter get more attention there.

That's cause me and Apossum beat all their asses and made them want to go back to SF3 3rd Strike.

ha! I wish I could beat an asian person at a fighting game ;-)

i know this is a longshot... (a very longshot), but anyone up for making a fighting game (i am open to 2d or 3d... but i preffer 3d)? I am planning on using the Torque game engine ( www.garagegames.com ), either 2d or 3d (i own a full copy of the 3d SDK). If all goes well, and the game turns out nice enough, we can port it over to Torque Shader Engine, which then makes it super easy to have it start working on XBOX 360... yes... i plan on making a nice little ditty of a game that (if good enough) will be able to work on the Xbox 360.

I'll help with the coffee serving and game testing ;-)
If I knew thing 1 about making games, I'd help in a second.

[quote name='Apossum']ha! I wish I could beat an asian person at a fighting game ;-)[/QUOTE]

Wrong on many levels. :)

:lol: i think i should just ask if anyone wants to TEST the games, since most people here may not even know how to make a game :lol: oh well, but if you have skills of any sort, let me know... I'm open to artists, musicians, conceptualizers, whatever... you don't have to know too much to help.

Rolento-- Sign me up as a tester! I'm all about it.

VGM-- that's life experience speaking man! At my arcade, they were on a whole other level. not all of them but most.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: i think i should just ask if anyone wants to TEST the games, since most people here may not even know how to make a game :lol: oh well, but if you have skills of any sort, let me know... I'm open to artists, musicians, conceptualizers, whatever... you don't have to know too much to help.[/QUOTE]

I cold probably come up wiht character ideas. I'm not much of an artist, but I can definitely write up some storylines, and I have a degree in Visual Communications (currently working on my Bachelor's), so if oyu need any graphics like Character Select or Title Screen I could probably do that too.

Worst fighting game I've ever played? fuck :roll:

Also, VF4 is a good game, it's just extremely hard to master. I actually came in first in VF4Evo in a tournament at my college a few months back, so I have a little knowledge of the game. I used Lion in the tourney, but I also like to dabble with Brad as well.

[quote name='Apossum']Rolento-- Sign me up as a tester! I'm all about it.

VGM-- that's life experience speaking man! At my arcade, they were on a whole other level. not all of them but most.[/QUOTE]

like in DDR :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back