Fighter Thread 2: Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='gigan54']so i was looking through my pictures today, and stumbled across this:
http://www.filefarmer.com/gigan54/others/daigo.gif
i don't know who they are or where exactly i picked this up, but i thuoght i'd share it with the rest of you.

a cookie for the one who correctly guesses the scene that they're reeneacting[/QUOTE]
The famous Daigo Wong match from Evo 2005. Ken vs. Chun Li.

Oreo please.

[quote name='gigan54']so i was looking through my pictures today, and stumbled across this:
i don't know who they are or where exactly i picked this up, but i thuoght i'd share it with the rest of you.

a cookie for the one who correctly guesses the scene that they're reeneacting[/QUOTE]

I've had that on my HD for awhile now. Pity they didnt include the SAIII finish though.

Should I pick up Tekken 5? The last Tekken game I played was 3, and I wasn't the biggest fan of that one. Is T5 faster, more fluid?

[quote name='evilmax17']How many of you use a stick?

It pisses me off that the last decent commercially released stick in the US was the official Dreamcast one. Why doesn't Agetec release one for the modern systems!?

:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I keep seeing the Tekken 5 stick though and wanting to buy it/pick it up before it becomes too hard to find, but the thing is bloody damn expensive for me. I haven't really seen any other stick this gen, though I've worked with an X-Arcade and they seemed alright.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I've had that on my HD for awhile now. Pity they didnt include the SAIII finish though.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to find this match all over the internet. I used to have it, but I by accident deleted it. If anybody has it/a link to it could they post it in this thread or just PM it to me so I can DL it again and watch it.

[quote name='evanft']Should I pick up Tekken 5? The last Tekken game I played was 3, and I wasn't the biggest fan of that one. Is T5 faster, more fluid?[/QUOTE]

yes, it's faster, and yes, it's more fluid. best fighter i have played in a long ass time IMO. but then again, many people in this thread will dissagree with me here.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My most played games are SSB, SC, and VF4.[/QUOTE]
Mine are Naruto 3 (54 hours), SC2, DBZ B3 and maybe 2, and VF4 (lot of AI stuff) with bits of others thrown in.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Is the Naruto game coming to North America?[/QUOTE]
Nope, the two on PS2 (maybe just one of them) are coming to the US. 4 was just announced, which I can't wait for it to come out.

The Naruto games are good, but if you don't know the story or characters it isn't much fun. And I can say that because I played Naruto 3 for GC several months ago and didn't find it very entertaining. But once I started watching the anime I enjoyed the game. It's simple and easy to play like SSBM. I saw some kid playing the new Naruto game for PS2 and it looked great, but I have no idea how it plays cause it looks very diffrent from the GC version.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']The Naruto games are good, but if you don't know the story or characters it isn't much fun. And I can say that because I played Naruto 3 for GC several months ago and didn't find it very entertaining. But once I started watching the anime I enjoyed the game. It's simple and easy to play like SSBM. I saw some kid playing the new Naruto game for PS2 and it looked great, but I have no idea how it plays cause it looks very diffrent from the GC version.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but that comes with a lot of anime games. That can also be said for many series, since if you're not interested in the characters and series, it can be not as good as fans think it is.

All right, I was bored so I am posting pics of my fighting game collection. I included a few wrestling/beat 'em up games in there as well. I know they are traditional fighters but what the hell...

Xbox
Capcom vs. SNK2, DOA3, DOAU, Def Jam FFNY, Guilty Gear X2, Soul Calibur II, Stree Fighter AC, SVC Chaos, Tao Feng

PS2
Guilty Gear Isuka, KOF 2000/2001, Rumble Roses, Street Fighter EX 3, Tekken 4, VF 4 Evo

DC
Capcom vs. SNK, DOA 2, MvC2, Plasma Sword, Project Justice, Soul Calibur, Beats of Rage not shown

Saturn and Sega CD
Marvel Super Heroes, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Eternal Champions CD,
VF 2, Fighters Megamix, Guardian Heroes not shown

Portable
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival, SFA 3, Fighters Megamix (Game.com), Double Dragon Advance

PS One
DOA, Darkstalkers 3, Ehrgeiz, Inuyasha, Rival Schools, Soul Blade, Star Gladiator, SFA3, Tobal No. 1

N64, SNES, PC, GC
Killer Instinct Gold, No Mercy, SoulCalibur 2 (GC), TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES), Metal and Lace (PC), VF2 PC not shown.

^^ GH/PH/PC make baby Jesus cry :cry: ;)

Why a cookie? Hasn't evereyone seen that?

[quote name='evilmax17']The famous Daigo Wong match from Evo 2005. Ken vs. Chun Li.

Oreo please.[/QUOTE]

'04

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yes, it's faster, and yes, it's more fluid. best fighter i have played in a long ass time IMO. but then again, many people in this thread will dissagree with me here.[/QUOTE]

:wave:

[quote name='evanft']So can anybody else give me an opinion on Tekken 5?[/QUOTE]

It's great game and well worth the money.

Don't listen to that VGM guy. he's still recovering from his lobotomy ;-)

Naruto for the GameCube will be coming out in North America. I spoke with the localization team from Bandai in mid July. But they will first be focusing on One Piece Grand Battle.

----

I also use joystick. I'm an avid collector of arcade sticks. It's an expensive hobby though... -_-

----

Tekken 5 is a great fighter. It's one of the most played fighters competition wise at the moment. I can't say enough about this game, I can go on and on and on. But I won't. Just hope you take my word for it. Get it. If you want to read my review on it you can check it out at www.VGONetwork.com , just use the search option and look up "TEKKEN 5" ...

[quote name='MarkMan']Naruto for the GameCube will be coming out in North America. I spoke with the localization team from Bandai in mid July. But they will first be focusing on One Piece Grand Battle.[/QUOTE]

Which Naruto are they planing on bringing over. the 3rd one? I hope they don't screw up the localization on the Naruto anime like they did with One Piece.

Speaking of anime-based fighting games, finally opened up Inuyasha: Feudal Fairy Tale for the PS One last night. It is actually pretty decent. It is not a serious fighter on the level of SF or KOF by any means but it is pretty neat for what it is. It has a very simple combo system and very simple specials. And yes, Miroku's Booty Grab is a move in the game. :booty:

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Which Naruto are they planing on bringing over. the 3rd one? I hope they don't screw up the localization on the Naruto anime like they did with One Piece.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the third game, since it'd be pointless to release the other two games in the US after all this time, what with the toned down rosters and whatnot.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I'm guessing the third game, since it'd be pointless to release the other two games in the US after all this time, what with the toned down rosters and whatnot.[/QUOTE]
Considering that the anime hasn't even started here yet, it would most likely be the first since that game covers the first part of the story. Bringing the third game would just be confusing to players in the mission mode for that reason.

[quote name='Apossum']It's great game and well worth the money.

Don't listen to that VGM guy. he's still recovering from his lobotomy ;-)[/QUOTE]

You watch anime.

Guile, I'll sell you my Tekken 5 for like $35. It's been played like twice. I'll just pick it up when it's cheap again.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Considering that the anime hasn't even started here yet, it would most likely be the first since that game covers the first part of the story. Bringing the third game would just be confusing to players in the mission mode for that reason.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, so they can rack in on all the money of each release.

wasn't there a special edition KOF 2000/2001 arcade stick for the PS2? those looked pretty decent and i don't think they were too pricey, but my memory seems to be off at the moment...

:rofl: I know VGM is going to not agree with me about this one, but I think two reasons why the Tekken series takes forever to drop in price is for two things: 1. The series actually sells pretty well, even amongst casual gamers, and 2. It's actually one of the frew games ut there that is worth the $50.

I know this is way off topic but: anyone up for a doodle fight with some graffifti kingdom doodles? my flying flame breathing fatass ass against your japanese kung-fu turd-san? sounds like a good fight to me!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'] 2. It's actually one of the frew games ut there that is worth the $50.[/QUOTE]

You LOSE! Good DAY SIR!

On topic, there aren't any good sub $75 sticks, unless you want the SF:A stick, which is just okay.

[quote name='The VGM']You watch anime.

Guile, I'll sell you my Tekken 5 for like $35. It's been played like twice. I'll just pick it up when it's cheap again.[/QUOTE]

I watch good anime!!!

but according to the hardcore anime fans, I watch bad anime, since it isn't aimed at teenaged, japanese girls or boys :whistle2:(

which means it's good!! ha ha!

besides,

You watch Night at the Roxbury :p

just out of curiosity VGM... do you not like 3d fighters at all? or just Tekken? I sense some sort of resentment towards Namco... :lol:

nothing against you, but just wondering. either way, it's fine.

I just don't like Tekken 5. I was playing it a few min ago and it was so slow. I got bored fast. Name some other 3d fighters and I'll tell you if I like them or not.

Do you like (in no paticular order):
Battle Arena Toshinden 2
Sonic the Fighters
Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition
Tobal #1
Psychic Force
Star Gladiator
Fighters Megamix
Critical Blow
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout
Evil Zone
Battle Arena Toshinden 3
Virtua Fighter Remix
Battle Arena Toshinden URA
Street Fighter EX plus Alpha
Bloody Roar
Tech Romancer
Plasma Sword
Rival Schools 3
Battle Arena Toshinden S
Battle Arena Toshinden
Mary Kate & Ashley vs Capcom vs SNK vs Marvel vs Irritating Stick
and Tekken 2

And with all the silliness aside, I was watching X-Play on G4 and the beetch Morgan Webb said 2D fighters are okay on portable systems like the PSP but not so hot on consoles. She was refering to Darkstalkers for PSP and comparing it to Crapcom Fighting De-Evolution. I hate maintstream video game media, they don't know fuck.

Battle Arena Toshinden 2 Don't know if I played it
Sonic the Fighters Yes
Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition Never played
Tobal #1 Yes
Psychic Force It's alright
Star Gladiator Yes
Fighters Megamix Never played
Critical Blow Never played
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout It's ok
Evil Zone Never played
Battle Arena Toshinden 3 Don't know if I played it
Virtua Fighter Remix Never played
Battle Arena Toshinden URA Never played
Street Fighter EX plus Alpha Yes
Bloody Roar Yes
Tech Romancer Dont think I played this
Plasma Sword Never played
Rival Schools 3 Yes
Battle Arena Toshinden S Never played I dont think
Battle Arena Toshinden From what I remember, yes
Mary Kate & Ashley vs Capcom vs SNK vs Marvel vs Irritating Stick What?
and Tekken 2 Yes

that's weird... you like Tekken 2, but not 5? from what I can remember 5 plays alot faster than 2 (just take a minute to play some steve or lee). It may just be because youre not exploiting Tekken 5 to its full potential... oh well. I am sure, since you prefer faster fighting games, that DOA and Virtua Fighter 4 (it's slow for me actually) you like, but don't like Soul Calibur 2 or Tekken 5? am I right or no? I'm jsut trying to figure this out...

also, I have a question for anyone who knows it (i might have asked this before but forgot the answer): what's the name of the fighting game where you play as constuction site workers and fight using huge cranes, dumpsters, and other construction vehicles to fight each other?
I remember seeing this about 5-7 years ago if i can remember... it also might be a Japanese only Dreamcast game (looked like it was running on a Naomi machine).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that's weird... you like Tekken 2, but not 5? from what I can remember 5 plays alot faster than 2 (just take a minute to play some steve or lee). It may just be because youre not exploiting Tekken 5 to its full potential... oh well. I am sure, since you prefer faster fighting games, that DOA and Virtua Fighter 4 (it's slow for me actually) you like, but don't like Soul Calibur 2 or Tekken 5? am I right or no? I'm jsut trying to figure this out...[/QUOTE]

Tekken 2 was my first PSOne game, along with Crash Bandicoot, so it has a special place in my heart. The series hasn't changed that much throughout all the titles, kina like Dynasty Warriors.

I also like Soul Calibur 2, who said I didn't? DOA, I don't really like DOA. It's focused too much on bouncing boobs. Jan Lee is great though. VF4 I don't like.

Jan lee : DoA:U :: Eddie Gordo/Christie : Tekken 3(and maybe 5)

the bane of most players existence, since they are always a pain to fight and everyone always chooses them.

[quote name='The VGM']What? Did I spell his name wrong? He's like the best dude in the game.[/QUOTE]

Actually he sucks, but you seem to just be a fan of Bruce Lee clones. :lol:

Well, the VF series has Jacky, so you should like that ... :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Actually he sucks, but you seem to just be a fan of Bruce Lee clones. :lol:

Well, the VF series has Jacky, so you should like that ... :lol:[/QUOTE]

You suck.

The only good dude in VF is the blue ninja, Kage.

I was laughing more about the way he gets played, but I agree...he's the token Bruce Lee clone that screams to loud. Except in DoA, he has ridiculous frame advantage, unlike the skinny bruce clones in other games...

[quote name='Apossum']I was laughing more about the way he gets played, but I agree...he's the token Bruce Lee clone that screams to loud. Except in DoA, he has ridiculous frame advantage, unlike the skinny bruce clones in other games...[/QUOTE]

He still sucks. ;)

Personally I use Ayane. :cool:

WHATA. That's the sound that he makes. Him and Law.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']He still sucks. ;)

Personally I use Ayane. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Everyone uses her. You follower. gtfo.

[quote name='The VGM']WHATA. That's the sound that he makes. Him and Law.

Everyone uses her. You follower. gtfo.[/QUOTE]

And isn't that the most annoying thing you've ever heard? :lol:

Actually I don't know anyone else who uses her ... but I never bother to play online. :roll: :lol:

[quote name='The VGM']Tekken 2 was my first PSOne game, along with Crash Bandicoot, so it has a special place in my heart. The series hasn't changed that much throughout all the titles, kina like Dynasty Warriors.
[/QUOTE]

:rofl: ... and Street Fighter (or almsot any other 2d fighter series). You forgot to say most 2d fighting game series (from Capcom usually) don't change much. If you view Tekken (5) that way, then I think you need to spend some more time with it, but then again you can't seem to stand it.

Not to put down any franchise or seireis much, but usually there tries to be not much change from one title to the next... too drastic (ala Tekken 4... now that is the crappiest tekken I ever played.. that's too slow for me) of a change can sometimes piss people off or hurt the game... but rarely does it ever help, unless the game sucked before, then the second time is made better.

not trying to rattle your balls VGM... just trying to figure you out.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']And isn't that the most annoying thing you've ever heard? :lol:

Actually I don't know anyone else who uses her ... but I never bother to play online. :roll: :lol:[/QUOTE]

No, and that's why. Everyone uses her.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:rofl: ... and Street Fighter (or almsot any other 2d fighter series). You forgot to say most 2d fighting game series (from Capcom usually) don't change much. If you view Tekken (5) that way, then I think you need to spend some more time with it, but then again you can't seem to stand it.

Not to put down any franchise or seireis much, but usually there tries to be not much change from one title to the next... too drastic (ala Tekken 4... now that is the crappiest tekken I ever played.. that's too slow for me) of a change can sometimes piss people off or hurt the game... but rarely does it ever help, unless the game sucked before, then the second time is made better.

not trying to rattle your balls VGM... just trying to figure you out.[/QUOTE]

I guess you could say that. I just don't like Tekken 5. I got all the characters in like one night. I don't care about getting new hairstyles and clothes so what is there left for me to do? I also didn't like the fact that Tekken 5 turned into another fighting game where they make the black dudes the most retarded characters.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Not to put down any franchise or seireis much, but usually there tries to be not much change from one title to the next... too drastic (ala Tekken 4... now that is the crappiest tekken I ever played.. that's too slow for me) of a change can sometimes piss people off or hurt the game... but rarely does it ever help, unless the game sucked before, then the second time is made better.[/QUOTE]

Ugh Tekken 4. Slow moving, confined stages, the impossibly broken Jin. Namco definitely compensated with T5.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Ugh Tekken 4. Slow moving, confined stages, the impossibly broken Jin. Namco definitely compensated with T5.[/QUOTE]

k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back