Fighter Thread 2: Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The VGM']No, and that's why. Everyone uses her.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can't blame them. She is the only worthwhile character. :lol:

[quote name='The VGM']I also didn't like the fact that Tekken 5 turned into another fighting game where they make the black dudes the most retarded characters.[/QUOTE]

I thought that happened with 3. :lol:

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Why do people say Tekken 5 is to slow? It doesn't feel slow to me. Maybe they should play faster, that might help.[/QUOTE]

Because it is?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well, I can't blame them. She is the only worthwhile character. :lol:

I thought that happened with 3. :lol:[/QUOTE]

No, and it did, but then they did it again.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']

And with all the silliness aside, I was watching X-Play on G4 and the beetch Morgan Webb said 2D fighters are okay on portable systems like the PSP but not so hot on consoles. She was refering to Darkstalkers for PSP and comparing it to Crapcom Fighting De-Evolution. I hate maintstream video game media, they don't know fuck.[/QUOTE]

Well, considering that most of the recent 2d fighting releases have been more or less repackagings of old games. They also gave Capcom vs SNK 2 EO on the Xbox a 5/5.

Is Project Justice any good? And what fighting games should I pick up? Here's what I have in mind for the systems I own or plan to get (I'm not counting stuff like SSBM and WotM):

PS2 (already have VF4):
Soul Calibur 3
Tekken 5

Xbox:
Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
Guilty Gear X2 #Reloaded
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

DC (already have SC, Tech Romancer, Virtual On):
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Last Blade 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Power Stone 2
Project Justice
Street Fighter Alpha 3

[quote name='The VGM']No, and that's why. Everyone uses her.

[/QUOTE]

I run into more Jan Lees than Ayanes. A lot of the SSers use Ayane. Jan Lee is the most effective person if you wanna button mash...

VGM doesn't know what he's talking about. He sucks at all fighting games (I play him online on Kaillera)... Also, the fact that he sucks at all fighting games means that he also sucks at Tekken. Tekken 5 is without a doubt the best in the series (perhaps not the most balanced, but still very balanced). It is by no means slow, VGM you just suck... go back to not being able to use Akuma properly :whistle2:D

[quote name='PhrostByte']VGM doesn't know what he's talking about. He sucks at all fighting games (I play him online on Kaillera)... Also, the fact that he sucks at all fighting games means that he also sucks at Tekken. Tekken 5 is without a doubt the best in the series (perhaps not the most balanced, but still very balanced). It is by no means slow, VGM you just suck... go back to not being able to use Akuma properly :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Blow me you dirty commie. You always beat me by a tiny bit. Once I get my saturn controller ima fuck you up.

Tell them about how you use that little comedian fuck and abuse throws and sweeps. You can't beat me in SvC or SFA3.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah and I beat you with keyboard :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I use 3 keys. You fail at life. I'm deporting you. And I want my KOF 00/01 back.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You don't even like 2k or 2k1.. you can get it back if you grow some balls and beat me in one of them.[/QUOTE]

Because they suck, like your mom. :drool: That's her drooling on my balls.

[quote name='Apossum']why haven't I heard of this yet......[/QUOTE]

It's the multiplayer component built into mame 32k.

You guys should try it out. It's not just for MAME it's a protocol used by many emulators such as Kawaks, Gens, ePSXe, etc... It was developed by Cristophe from Nullsoft (and formerly aegis-corp too). It's awesome, I'll fight anyone in Street Fighter Alpha (2 or 3), though not tonight, it's getting kind of late.

Yeah, you play your slow ass SFA2.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You guys should try it out. It's not just for MAME it's a protocol used by many emulators such as Kawaks, Gens, ePSXe, etc... It was developed by Cristophe from Nullsoft (and formerly aegis-corp too). It's awesome, I'll fight anyone in Street Fighter Alpha (2 or 3), though not tonight, it's getting kind of late.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PhrostByte']You guys should try it out. It's not just for MAME it's a protocol used by many emulators such as Kawaks, Gens, ePSXe, etc... It was developed by Cristophe from Nullsoft (and formerly aegis-corp too). It's awesome, I'll fight anyone in Street Fighter Alpha (2 or 3), though not tonight, it's getting kind of late.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you play your slow ass SFA2.

[quote name='Apossum']how's the lag?

what's the delay time for a parry in SF3?[/QUOTE]

Fine, just get people with low pings. And there is no SF3 on mame.

SF3 was developed on CPS3 hardware which isn't emulated yet and probably won't be for a while. MAME supports CPS1 (games like Final Fight and Street Fighter 2) and CPS2 (games like Street Fighter Alpha and Marvel vs. Capcom [just 1, not 2, 2 is on Naomi arcade hardware]) and also Neo-Geo (KOF 94-03 and Metal Slug) along with a bunch of other random arcade hardware types.

gotcha...i wonder if there's something that can be used with Kawa-Xbox. *goes to check xbox-scene*

doh. no kaillera for xbox...no one wants to write it from the ground up. oh well

Yea Kaillera is a PC thing, but you should just try it on PC. You can get a USB adaptor for whatever gamepad or aracde stick you use. Plus, you get an arcade perfect port :) Too bad SFA3 is missing E. Ryu, Shin Akuma and Guile. Too bad SFA2 is missing Cammy. On the bright side, the Japanese version of Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter has this funny comedian joke character named Norimaro which I use to embarass VGM all the time.

most of the PC emulators have been ported to xbox, so that's why I was checking. ;-) kinda sucks that the games are missing characters though....

Can you use Kaillera to tunnel PC games?...Melty Blood on-line would kick ass.

Well Kaillera itself is a protocol, the source is open for anyone who wants to implement it. So far it's only used for console and arcade emulators.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I'll throw you back to rich white kid town, USA and then sweep your lame fighting game skills... or something.[/QUOTE]

Bad....just terrible.

[quote name='Apossum']most of the PC emulators have been ported to xbox, so that's why I was checking. ;-) kinda sucks that the games are missing characters though....

Can you use Kaillera to tunnel PC games?...Melty Blood on-line would kick ass.[/QUOTE]

No.

well, it'll be nice to kick vgms ass in some games anyway-- for not telling me about this even after i hooked him up with some stuff ;-)

wtf? I'd beat you to a pulp. I told you that you could play Mame online and that'd I'd hook you up, but you said you'd stick to the one on xbox.

[quote name='The VGM']wtf? I'd beat you to a pulp. I told you that you could play Mame online and that'd I'd hook you up, but you said you'd stick to the one on xbox.[/QUOTE]
I'd be all up for some online MAME tourneys!

[quote name='evanft']Is Project Justice any good? And what fighting games should I pick up? Here's what I have in mind for the systems I own or plan to get (I'm not counting stuff like SSBM and WotM):

PS2 (already have VF4):
Soul Calibur 3
Tekken 5

Xbox:
Guilty Gear X2 #Reloaded

Last Blade 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Power Stone 2
Project Justice
Street Fighter Alpha 3[/QUOTE]

About answering my questions instead of bitching to each other? ;)

I can't wait for the last blade and fatal fury collections to come out for PS2. Fatal Fury Real Bout 2 must be the most underrated fighting game of all time.

[quote name='evanft']Well, considering that most of the recent 2d fighting releases have been more or less repackagings of old games. They also gave Capcom vs SNK 2 EO on the Xbox a 5/5.

Is Project Justice any good? And what fighting games should I pick up? Here's what I have in mind for the systems I own or plan to get (I'm not counting stuff like SSBM and WotM):

PS2 (already have VF4):
Soul Calibur 3
Tekken 5

Xbox:
Guilty Gear X2 #Reloaded

Last Blade 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Power Stone 2
Project Justice
Street Fighter Alpha 3[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Project Justice is very good IMO. It is the craziest 3D fighter I ever played. It reminds me of a 3D Marvel vs. Capcom 2. The character designs are pretty cool too. It is one of my favorite fighters.

You have a nice want list IMO. I believe KOF 2002/2003 will be coming to Xbox soon with Live support so you may want to add that too.

So what KoF games are good? I'd prefer the ones with lots of replayability (ie a good single player mode or online play).

Also, is KoF 94 Re-bout or Smaurai Showdown V coming out here?? What about the PS2 version of Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves?

And does ANYBODY have the new issue of EGM, yet? It's supposed to have a huge SC3 cover feature.

[quote name='The VGM']wtf? I'd beat you to a pulp. I told you that you could play Mame online and that'd I'd hook you up, but you said you'd stick to the one on xbox.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah :lol:

I'll drop ya a line when I get Kaillera and Mame set up.

[quote name='evanft']So what KoF games are good? I'd prefer the ones with lots of replayability (ie a good single player mode or online play).

Also, is KoF 94 Re-bout or Smaurai Showdown V coming out here?? What about the PS2 version of Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves?

And does ANYBODY have the new issue of EGM, yet? It's supposed to have a huge SC3 cover feature.[/QUOTE]

Samurai Shodown is supposed to come out later this year for the Xbox. (10/15/05 right now)

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/samuraishodownzero/index.html?q=samurai+shodown

KOF '94 Re-Bout has a release date of 11/15/05 for Xbox.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/thekingoffighters94rebout/index.html?q=re-bout

I didn't see any info on Mark of the Wolves.

As for which KOF games are good, I haven't played them all. I played KOF 94 in the arcade. I enjoyed 98 on NeoRage. I really don't have a favorite.

Okzorz. I've heard nothing but good things about SS5, so I'll add that to the list. Anyone play 94 re-bout? What about KoF 2002/2003?

Is it just me, or are some of the characters in Soul Calibur somewhat useless. Like, it takes me around 4-5 minutes to beat arcade mode with someone like Taki, Lizardman, Voldo, or Ivy. But with fighters like Nightmare or Rock, it takes me almost twice as long. I guess I'm more biased towards the faster, more fluid fighters.

[quote name='evanft']Okzorz. I've heard nothing but good things about SS5, so I'll add that to the list. Anyone play 94 re-bout? What about KoF 2002/2003?

Is it just me, or are some of the characters in Soul Calibur somewhat useless. Like, it takes me around 4-5 minutes to beat arcade mode with someone like Taki, Lizardman, Voldo, or Ivy. But with fighters like Nightmare or Rock, it takes me almost twice as long. I guess I'm more biased towards the faster, more fluid fighters.[/QUOTE]

2002 is great.

2003 is finally a step in the right direction for KoF, since it uses a real tag system. Plus it has an awesome lineup.

[quote name='evanft']And does ANYBODY have the new issue of EGM, yet? It's supposed to have a huge SC3 cover feature.[/QUOTE]

I got it. From the looks of things SCIII is gonna be great. The Create-A-Character Mode is gonna be deep. Hell, the colors you make your characters clothes affect their personality from bright and bouncy or dark and brooding.

They also added a new mode called Chronicles of the Sword, whcih is a fighting/real-time strategy hybrid. The developers said if it's a hit it could lead to a role-playing spin-off for the series.

*orgasms*

My only problem with most fighting games is the lame single-player experience, as I don't have any friends. That's why I like VF4: Evo so much. The single player is literally going to take me months to get through.

And I'll go ahead and add KOF 2002/2003 to the ole' want list.

[quote name='evanft']About answering my questions instead of bitching to each other? ;)[/QUOTE]

PS2:
GGX
GGXX
GGI
KoF 00/01
KoF 02/03
SF AC
Capcom Fighting Evolution

DC:
CvS1
MvC1
SF3 DI

Xbox:
SVC Chaos

Project Justice is alright, but it gets old.

[quote name='evilmax17']How different is the music in the 3 variations of SF3?[/QUOTE]

SFIII: NG & SFIII: DI have kinda generic (for lack of a better word) background music.

Third Strike, owever, has one of the best OST I've ever heard in a fighter. It's a got a great mix of rap, hip-hop (which says a lot because I usually hate hip-hip), tribal beats, some techno, and a little bit of misc. thrown into the mix that all comes together nicely.

EDIT: About the announcers. the NG/DI guy was ok. I have no real complaints about him, but the 3S guy rapes just about every other fighting game announcer in his lines and delivery.

I really need to pick up Double Impact. I have Third Strike, but at the time I had just assumed that TS was exactly the same as DI except with more characters.

But I've since learned that they're pretty different.

[quote name='evilmax17']I really need to pick up Double Impact. I have Third Strike, but at the time I had just assumed that TS was exactly the same as DI except with more characters.

But I've since learned that they're pretty different.[/QUOTE]

Man you don't know the half of it. Here are a key differences in DI that were changed in 3S:

-Akuma, Ibuki, and Sean dominated

-parrying was much easier, and in the air there were two ways you could parry (either tap forward or down)

-Throws weren't a command like they are in 3S, so there were no kara throws

-no Chun-Li

There's tons more, but it's more technical stuff like combos and stuff.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Man you don't know the half of it. Here are a key differences in DI that were changed in 3S:

-Akuma, Ibuki, and Sean dominated

-parrying was much easier, and in the air there were two ways you could parry (either tap forward or down)

-Throws weren't a command like they are in 3S, so there were no kara throws

-no Chun-Li

There's tons more, but it's more technical stuff like combos and stuff.[/QUOTE]
Can you go into Kara-throwing a little bit more? From my understanding, it's doing a move that would advance your character forward (usually a poke), and then immediately activating the throw. I forget what this is supposed to accomplish, and I don't think I've ever successfully pulled it off.

Any explanation/tips?

[quote name='evilmax17']Can you go into Kara-throwing a little bit more? From my understanding, it's doing a move that would advance your character forward (usually a poke), and then immediately activating the throw. I forget what this is supposed to accomplish, and I don't think I've ever successfully pulled it off.

Any explanation/tips?[/QUOTE]

You already have the jist of it down. For some characters it's completely useless (Dudley, Urien), but from some characters it's almost essential for high-level play.

Go to combovideos.com and d/l Thongboy Bebop's Third Striek tutorial. It's guves you a lot of insight into how to kara throw, not to mention some other great tactics, like chaining and linking, and how to use Negative Edge.

[quote name='The VGM']lol, the rap in 3rd Strike is retarded.[/QUOTE]

It's better than the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 "I wanna take you for a ride!" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back