Find me a worse OTT than this

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rocko']Anyone try the 3DS at BB?[/QUOTE]

SeanR did.
I think some of the GGT regulars like gunm, whoknows, and dallow did as well.

Every single one of them said the 3D hurt their eyes and felt gimmicky.
Those who still planned on buying one (ihadfg maybe?) said they were glad you could turn the 3D off.

Do people think shitty service is acceptable when it's warm out? I went to three different establishments today and got shitty service everywhere. My friend's beer smelled like a rat died in the keg and when he told the waitress she said, "That does smell bad." and handed it back to him...

[quote name='Maklershed']Allison Brie :drool:[/QUOTE]

Hell yes!!! :drool:

"In college I was ready to unleash the fury. I was a bit of a nudist in college. It was so fun. It was more of a humorous thing - clothing is (sic) optional everywhere but the cafeteria... It really depended on my roommate's mood, (and if) I felt like she was having a bad day... Picture me naked swinging from the tree (naked). It's funny. I do really good naked animal impressions." - Allison Brie

[quote name='corrosivefrost']SeanR did.
I think some of the GGT regulars like gunm, whoknows, and dallow did as well.

Every single one of them said the 3D hurt their eyes and felt gimmicky.
Those who still planned on buying one (ihadfg maybe?) said they were glad you could turn the 3D off.[/QUOTE]
I tried it today. It was kind of hard to get the 3D right, but I'm 6'1" and the system's tether is constantly yanking back at the system so, you know, that might have a lot to do with it. I'm keeping my preorder. It'll be a slow start but I really think the 3D will be fun and interesting to have. The DS was also a long shot and it turned out to be fantastic, so I have faith.

I get motion sickness pretty easily. I just felt cross-eyed after playing the 3DS. I couldn't imagine long sessions with it, but maybe it gets better after you're used to it.

I was already skeptical on the actual 3D uses (but I still like the handheld itself and the power it seems to pack, interested in BBCS2 and SSF4 on the go)... after hearing someone compare it to one of the staring 3D magic eye pictures, if that's accurate I'm reeeeaaaally skeptical on the 3D as being a gimmick now. :|

[quote name='Maklershed']That may have been the worst episode of 30 Rock ever.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I had to struggle to make myself finish it. I just kept hoping it was gonna get better, but it never did.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I was already skeptical on the actual 3D uses (but I still like the handheld itself and the power it seems to pack, interested in BBCS2 and SSF4 on the go)... after hearing someone compare it to one of the staring 3D magic eye pictures, if that's accurate I'm reeeeaaaally skeptical on the 3D as being a gimmick now. :|[/QUOTE]
I cannot get one of those to work. Ever. Not once. And I've tried, multiple times. I picked up the 3DS and got the 3D immediately. I didn't have any strain or anything. It was just hard to keep it in focus. But that also comes with the slider: it isn't so much a 3D fully on to 3D off slider. It's more like, you need to adjust it to your eyes. So you may find it best in the middle and someone else may like it on all the way.

[quote name='Rocko']I cannot get one of those to work. Ever. Not once. And I've tried, multiple times. I picked up the 3DS and got the 3D immediately. I didn't have any strain or anything. It was just hard to keep it in focus. But that also comes with the slider: it isn't so much a 3D fully on to 3D off slider. It's more like, you need to adjust it to your eyes. So you may find it best in the middle and someone else may like it on all the way.[/QUOTE]

Me too! (Regarding the 3d stereogram things.)

[quote name='ShinSolidus']How the hell long have I been here? It should be my CAGiversary by now! I want my custom titles![/QUOTE]

You'll get it within the next two weeks. I hit my one year near the end of the 1st week of August last year iirc. I remember thinking at the time that I could change it at the beginning of the month, and not being able to was greatly annoyed.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']How's the new job, flowerpower?[/QUOTE]

I assume you are referring to me. It looks as though after two and a half months I will be unemployed again. I applied for the position I am in but HR decided I am not qualified to actually be selected for the position. Honestly I don't care and am just completely putting all my hope into this Navy job.

This is actually my one short day this weekend. Tomorrow will be long though. 8 hours on a Sunday night (haven't worked Sunday in 2 1/2 months), so I miss animation domination, and because I close, will most likely have to deal with the cleaning crew who loves to complain to me it seems. At least on the ride home, I can listen to House of Hair since their show will have started by the time I actually get out of there.

Going to New Jersey in a few hours to see UFC 128. :whee:

I can't wait to see the man, the myth, the legend Cro Crop (lose) in person today. And to see the start of the Bones dynasty.

[quote name='Rocko']Oh, I'm going to NYC one day this summer when my mom and I go to Philadelphia. :D[/QUOTE]

Be prepared for the stench. Manhattan smells like it is drenched in urine in the summer.

Oh, beautiful.

TBH I have no idea what we're going to do there. Personally, I hope we pass by the Nintendo World Store. :3

Unfortunately the store isn't that great :(

They have some tshirts, plushies and a tiny Nintendo memorabilia section behind glass.

The rest is all overpriced games.

I had to go up to DC for paleontology today. We rode up as a class and my teacher failed to mention we would be riding the metro, didn't make time in a 14 hour day to eat, didn't pay for parking or gas in ODU vehicles. Nothing was too expensive, but it's pretty shitty that she didn't plan any of this shit out, nor mention any of this to us.

So I guess the moon is really close to the earth tonight. I used my spotting scope to look at it and I couldn't believe how clearly I could see it. It was pretty amazing. I tried taking a picture but it was giving off way too much light, so they didn't come out.

I actually went out to the observatory here two nights ago to look at the moon, it was great.

I'm kind of considering selling my 360 if I don't play it this summer. I've seriously barely played it at all since I moved to UF, and while I hate the thought of selling it, it's pointless to keep it if I'm not going to play it. I feel like it just takes up too much time to sit down and get into a game. I really prefer Minecraft and handhelds now because I can just pick it up for a short amount of time.

What have I become? ;-;

[quote name='Maklershed']Anyone interested in purchasing a Zune 80gb?[/QUOTE]

If I had a windows machine I would. I really liked my zune. I loved the radio.

[quote name='Rocko']I actually went out to the observatory here two nights ago to look at the moon, it was great.

I'm kind of considering selling my 360 if I don't play it this summer. I've seriously barely played it at all since I moved to UF, and while I hate the thought of selling it, it's pointless to keep it if I'm not going to play it. I feel like it just takes up too much time to sit down and get into a game. I really prefer Minecraft and handhelds now because I can just pick it up for a short amount of time.

What have I become? ;-;[/QUOTE]

You have a life. Congratulations.

[quote name='Rocko']I actually went out to the observatory here two nights ago to look at the moon, it was great.

What have I become? ;-;[/QUOTE]

I was actually think the exact same thing. The only reason I really want to keep it is because of Gears of War 3 coming out soon.

You both know you would miss it at some point and you can't need $200 or whatever that bad. Unless of course you need $200, or whatever, that bad.

[quote name='darthbudge']I was actually think the exact same thing. The only reason I really want to keep it is because of Gears of War 3 coming out soon.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you guys mean. I bought Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 at launch and haven't touched either of them. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to play them, but I just don't have any desire to play games right now. After I get home from the gym during the week I am too tired and on weekends I have been hanging out with this awesome girl.

At this point I would rather watch a movie or read a book instead of playing a game.

Fun time closing at work today. Apparently, two of the freezers broke so we had to empty the freezers and put them in the giant freezer in the back.

At least I won't have to worry about putting them back as I'm off tomorrow.

And now to finish filing the taxes online. I got up to Schedule 2A and claiming sales tax before the two little monsters knocked me away. Now that they're asleep I can level up, slay the guardian beast of paperwork and claim his hoard of refunding.

Hmmm... Should my state refund be as much or more than my federal refund or did I accidentently claim my state taxes as paid on my federal taxes? Oh well, that's a question for the auditors who will later come pounding on my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back